Discontinued Haze Square

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@Haze Vaporizers I have no concern about the air path or cosmetic issues. I just want to make sure that the changing color of one of my pods is OK. I apologize if HV has addressed this earlier in the thread.

Love my Square. Performance has been spot on.
Thank you all. The discoloration on the pods are normal. These are exposed to high heat. Similar to the cooking trays you place in your convection ovens. In time, they will lose their original color and it is expected. These pods are also exposed to ISO etc so just as any other part, they will lose their color. The stainless steel pods will be more durable against these of course but the trade off was discussed earlier. The anodized pods heats faster etc. We tried to make most of these parts available as a replacement and we tried to make them as affordable as possible.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Thank you all. The discoloration on the pods are normal. These are exposed to high heat. Similar to the cooking trays you place in your convection ovens. In time, they will lose their original color and it is expected. These pods are also exposed to ISO etc so just as any other part, they will lose their color. The stainless steel pods will be more durable against these of course but the trade off was discussed earlier. The anodized pods heats faster etc. We tried to make most of these parts available as a replacement and we tried to make them as affordable as possible.
@Haze Vaporizers thanks for clarifying. Any thoughts on not anodizing the aluminum pods?

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
Well just got back from my 5 day vacation, and the 3 trays I brought lasted the whole time. Didn't need or bring anything else. Best part is everything loaded up along with my chargers, and external HD. Blended right in.

Field test complete lol

LabPong

We have already responded to this under several pages already but just to make it stronger, I will respond again:

#1 It is not paint that is being pointed out. We do not have anything painted on the unit. It is the anodization process where some members point out. Yes we can do stronger anodization for cosmetic appearance which can be improved but we also provide silicone sleeves to prevent this to some extend. We already switched our anodization process and beta testers can feel free to comment on this. The first beta units to last phase products are not the same in terms of cosmetics.

#2 The member earlier, was pointing out the machined parts of the tray and the housing. Those areas are kept out of anodization on purpose. I already mentioned that nothing should be in the path of inhalation. The member who pointed this out is entitled to his own opinion on this of course. As the manufacturer, we already pointed out the fact in this subject. More argument/discussion over this, is only bickering from our perspective. It does not provide a STRONGER response.

#3 We are trying to be careful not to cloud the entire thread with our posts to every detail until a conversation or discussion is made around a specific topic by members. We also try not to keep reposting answers on the specific topic that was already addressed in the past. We want our thread to be an easy read for anybody who is interested.

Thanks for pointing out this info.....pretty hard for me to find some of this as I do not read this thread much.

So my only question then at this point about possible Square purchase is...... What was the average time of heat up to be able to extract between the anodized pods versus a SS pod?

And I find that the more posts from the manufacture in these threads....the better. So thanks for being so informative with your response to my earlier outbreak......as it were.

ginolicious

First hit on andonizded pods can take a max of 5-8 seconds to reach temp. After that each consecutive draw is basically instant. And when I say first draw I mean first time using it for the day.

ginolicious,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Thanks for pointing out this info.....pretty hard for me to find some of this as I do not read this thread much.

So my only question then at this point about possible Square purchase is...... What was the average time of heat up to be able to extract between the anodized pods versus a SS pod?

And I find that the more posts from the manufacture in these threads....the better. So thanks for being so informative with your response to my earlier outbreak......as it were.
Most customers who tried both types of bowls commented that the stainless pods add about 2 extra seconds to initial heat up hit but instant afterwards. SS pod owners can comment more.

LabPong

First hit on andonizded pods can take a max of 5-8 seconds to reach temp. After that each consecutive draw is basically instant. And when I say first draw I mean first time using it for the day.

I'm not sure I understand....your saying that the vape needs 5-8 seconds of draw time before you start getting vapor...but after that it will create vapor almost instantly on consecutive draws. But then you say the first draw is the frist time using it for the day.

So...then if I start a bowl in the morning and only do half of it....when I come back 3 hours later the first draw will be instant?

If the time to heat up to vapor production is only 5-8 second draw on first starting a bowl....then what would a stainless steel pod take for heat up time?

After a year of testing many different vapes.....I find SS is one of the only metals I do not get irritation from. Ti is ok...but harsh for me at times even though it allows for a better or more full taste spectrum.

Most customers who tried both types of bowls commented that the stainless pods add about 2 extra seconds to initial heat up hit but instant afterwards. SS pod owners can comment more.

Nice.....not enough time for me to even want to go with an anodized pod. Thanks for quickly answering that.

Last edited:
LabPong,

ginolicious

You totally misread what I said.

For the first draw on a cold unit. First time using it for the day it will take approximately 5-8 seconds for the device to come to temperature so you can take your draw.

The next time you heat it up, for draw two, the unit will get to temp almost instantly.

For the best results you need to draw for the full 10 seconds until it vibrates.

LabPong

You totally misread what I said.

For the first draw on a cold unit. First time using it for the day it will take approximately 5-8 seconds for the device to come to temperature so you can take your draw.

The next time you heat it up, for draw two, the unit will get to temp almost instantly.

For the best results you need to draw for the full 10 seconds until it vibrates.

Actually, I took the literal wording of your last sentence "And when I say first draw I mean first time using it for the day."

But what you meant was..... The first draw.....if the vape is cold. Sorry for my confusion there.....

If your heat is set somewhere around say.... 370-385F....after the first heat up draw....then on your second and third draws.....can you get a decent amount of vapor at say 4-7 second draw?

When I had the MV1 for over 4 months.....it was one thing it did for me....I didn't have to draw for 10-15 seconds before it auto shut off the heater. Mine did run slightly hot...but I really like getting a full draw so fast...like with my flowerpot and elev8r.

LabPong,

ginolicious

Sometimes at 395 I don’t even bother doing the full draw. I get so much vapor and need to tap out early.

First hits generally don’t see any vapor but the flavour is unreal. I started using my unit at 365 again.

ginolicious,

Stdudez

WOW!!!!! Possible game changer here for those that hate gummed up ss screens.....got today......was shocked at how little transfer of material there was compared to without....these screens actually sit on the edge .....they don't go into pod...so materials stay however you tamp....no discernable difference in taste/flavor.....or draw....Will continue testing with ss pods and let u know if I find a difference.

Thanks to @Solomon for the info....appreciate you!

Here's is the link from page 147 of thread

$10 for 10 h
ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Q6KPMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

How are these working out for you? I was so intrigued I just pulled the trigger on a 10 pack of them. Keeping herb off of the SS screens seems like it could majorly prolong having to deep clean after every 2nd or 3rd pod. I was most interested to see they don't go down into the pod - but rather sit on top. That's why I didn't pull the trigger on some of the "basket type" screens others have referenced.

Can't wait to try them out when they come Friday! Will report back.

A couple of other observances while I'm at it:

As others have said the bottom o-ting on the Map was sticking inside of the holster and also sometimes on the vapor path. It pulled off a few times. I fixed this by using a small dab of coconut oil a few days ago. Not a problem at all since. I assume this may need to be lubed every so often but 4 days strong without issue so far.

Also - I think I see what others said about the "first hit" heatup bug. I never noticed it until I replaced the coil that came with the unit - which seems to have made a profound positive impact on temps and vapor production. When I hold the button and watch the heating coil through the air intake on the first hit it stays red hot for another 2-3 seconds after the light goes green (unlike on subsequent draws). This is only the first heatup from an otherwise cold device. I've just been waiting another 2-3 seconds before starting my draw on the first draw. No combustion following this method.

Stay vaped yall! :sherlock::science::leaf:

Djsleepy

@Stdudez ...so far love them....I like the fact too that ride on the edge and not into pod....I swear something about these screens is special....my hits have gotten so smooth....even at higher temps finishing pod....the only thing that is new to the mix......are these screens??????

Edit: during use you can wipe air path filters with is o .....and keep going....no immediate need for deep clean.

I hope you enjoy them!

Last edited:

caseball2051

I've also been running the same screens on my last few bowls. They definitely seem to keep the top screen for the airpath cleaner. They do not impact performance at all from what I can tell.

I'll continue to use them for sure. They fit like they were made for the square

its moops

How are these working out for you? I was so intrigued I just pulled the trigger on a 10 pack of them. Keeping herb off of the SS screens seems like it could majorly prolong having to deep clean after every 2nd or 3rd pod. I was most interested to see they don't go down into the pod - but rather sit on top. That's why I didn't pull the trigger on some of the "basket type" screens others have referenced.

Can't wait to try them out when they come Friday! Will report back.

A couple of other observances while I'm at it:

As others have said the bottom o-ting on the Map was sticking inside of the holster and also sometimes on the vapor path. It pulled off a few times. I fixed this by using a small dab of coconut oil a few days ago. Not a problem at all since. I assume this may need to be lubed every so often but 4 days strong without issue so far.

Also - I think I see what others said about the "first hit" heatup bug. I never noticed it until I replaced the coil that came with the unit - which seems to have made a profound positive impact on temps and vapor production. When I hold the button and watch the heating coil through the air intake on the first hit it stays red hot for another 2-3 seconds after the light goes green (unlike on subsequent draws). This is only the first heatup from an otherwise cold device. I've just been waiting another 2-3 seconds before starting my draw on the first draw. No combustion following this method.

Stay vaped yall! :sherlock::science::leaf:

I ended up getting those concave screens as well yesterday and was testing it out. So far my first impressions are they don't seem to impact performance negatively. Draw speed, flavor and overall temps of hits feel the same. However, while they do appear to keep the ss screens relatively more clean, I feel like they still get too dirty to not clean them any less frequently.

As for combustion, I did adopt the general rule of thumb to just wait 2-3 secs after the light turns green to take a hit and have not had anymore combustion issues. Before, I did not realize that its fairly easy to see the coil glow from just the vent so now I keep an eye on it when I can, and sometimes wait a little longer if I see the glow stay longer than usual

How many times on average to people stir their bowls?

its moops,

Stdudez

I'm temp stepping from 370, 390, 410, 430 - stir all 4 pods - 430 until no visible vapor. Most pods I am getting 15-20+ large draws using this method. No combustion.

Stdudez,
Reactions: O-G-Reg

ginolicious

I stir after every few hits give or take. It’s because I only have 1-2 hits a day. And like a fresh stir for the next day haha.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Stdudez

its moops

Very interesting to see how people are using it. For me, I have been trying to get the max out of my pods so I have been stirring like 3-4 times total, although usually by the 3rd one its done.

Current temps: 370, 400, 420, 440, 450.

i start at 370, take a few hits, bump to 400, repeat, bump to 420 and by like 10 draws total the hits are dying. Stir. Start back at 400, and then 420, 440. Stir. 440, 450

its moops,
Reactions: Stdudez

Djsleepy

All this shows From the above posts is that the Haze Square is very versatile and can meet needs and likes of many people and preferences....that's one of the many reasons why I love it!!!!!!!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Wildcat_

ginolicious

Last night I was a one hit at 365 and good for an hour before I went to bed. Can’t complain at all.

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

Last night I was a one hit at 365 and good for an hour before I went to bed. Can’t complain at all.

You can complain gino but no one is listening....lol...jk... I feel ya I take a hit and put it down for half hour .....take another....but sometimes it's so good ......I know I hit it too many times cuz I Get baked off my ass!!!:mmmm:

Djsleepy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Happy to read this, I was sure you were gonna take care of the issue.

This is easily my favorite portable convection vape I ever tried and you can see in my signature I've tried a few. In fact, ATM the only vape I'm using is the Haze Square. At home I'm usually dabbing and between dabs I take a few puffs from the Square, I used my Milaana for that before but to be honest I enjoy a lot more the Square lately.

For my way back from work I was using a Fury 2 before but since I got my Square it's a no brainer, I arrive home higher and enjoy a lot more the herbs.

The EVO is in his box cause I usually just go for a dab when I feel like hitting a rig. Rest of the collection is in Spain or unused here in UK.

Am I becoming a square? :freak:

Glad to hear! That's how I felt until mine died. Should be back very soon and I can't wait!

dood44

Hi everyone and anyone:
I have a Phase 3 pro which I dearly love and heavily use.

I've taken it apart, deep cleaned, replaced the heating coil, and put it all back together successfully several times. This time......no light in the little window and no heat. Tried two different coils. Thought maybe I had overpacked, so I emptied some from the pods. Still nothing.

If anyone can help, I'll be very grateful. I'm getting ready for a trip and this is making me so very sad.

dood44,

b0

Cloudy...
So after the photos I posted past night, I cleaned my unit, re-seated and re-shaped the coil and changed the top temp to 450. This is how my coil looks now:

IMG_20180802_015931_1.jpg

Tried to shape it as circular as possible and sits at the bottom of the enclosure. Temperatures feel lower with the modification, tested it after work in a mini EQ bowl between dabs tonight and this is how perfect the ABV looks:

IMG_20180802_015216.jpg

The lighting makes it look golden in the photo, but looks a bit darker, milk chocolate perfect ABV.

Top Bottom