Discontinued Haze Square

Djsleepy

Hey @Haze Vaporizers...... what about me????Gino??? Lol...you guys are the shit.....as I said before ....you guys stand behind your product and give us kick ass customer service....especially if there is a problem....I believe you guys want us to love this vape as much as you do.....and I cannot speak for anyone but myself when I say......I LOVE THIS VAPE!!!!!! :clap:

ginolicious

I’m a stir kinda guy. I noticed though that the center of the pod vapes quicker than the sides. I had 2-3 hits and my sides were still pretty green. I stir to get everything. But I’m not sure if that’s coil placement. Doesn’t bother me at all. Just something I noticed. This thing has been treating me well. Just can’t paint the basement off one hit of Grand Daddy purple in this thing. Maybe I should stick to sativa.

ginolicious,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hey @Haze Vaporizers...... what about me????Gino??? Lol...you guys are the shit.....as I said before ....you guys stand behind your product and give us kick ass customer service....especially if there is a problem....I believe you guys want us to love this vape as much as you do.....and I cannot speak for anyone but myself when I say......I LOVE THIS VAPE!!!!!! :clap:
We love you too my friend. Everything you guys post, we read and discuss internally. We never claim that we brought the best product ever made to the market but we know that we have a unique product which will add joy to many lives. We had our fair share of challanges and speed bumps along the road but i think that we have a winner at the moment. Like any other product, there is room for improvement always of course and we are not afraid of tackling all those challenges along the way. We are also not afraid of taking care of early adopters and our customers but like i said, we cannot stand people who just think that we are one of those companies who would do anything to avoid bad press or publicity.

Image is important to any business but it is more important to a company which has a mediocre product. We believe that we have a good and unique product and we are not a company who relies 100% on publicity to stay successful in product sales. Some people may be used to dealing with businesses like that and they try dealing with us the same way which does not work well.

Sorry for venting. I want to say one more time that all you guys are much appreciated. Keep your feedback, ideas, criticism coming so we can improve and keep bringing value and quality to you guys.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I have a tiny ring of tape around my stem so I can very easily mate it to 14mm males. It stays there always. I can put the stem in upside down and let the tap hold it in place instead of the orings, in case anyone is interested in making their orings last. This may help. Could also use it to replace orings temporarily if urs break. Tiny ring of tape, will slide right into the vape. Maybe not the safest bet with hot vapor and tape, but it is what it is and can be a quick solution as you wait. It's not in the vapor path. I have my tape posititioned so it's far away from the vape itself just in case it gets hot.

Flavor still dying off at a rate that isn't represented by the color of the abv. By that I mean a yellowish abv can taste very dark sometimes. I think it's because the holes in the pods will technically heat the tiny bit of herb closest to it more than the rest of the load, affecting flavor. Potentially a ss screen style pod instead of a tray with holes in would create a more even vape. Or my theory is wrong and that solution is moot. Just not sure why a vape with such pure flavor early on could turn a gnarly dark flavor for me at the middle-end...leads me to believe it's the few stray darker pieces producing bad flavor, even tho the rest of the load potentially is a neutral abv flavor. Doesn't always happen tho.

Djsleepy

I’m a stir kinda guy. I noticed though that the center of the pod vapes quicker than the sides. I had 2-3 hits and my sides were still pretty green. I stir to get everything. But I’m not sure if that’s coil placement. Doesn’t bother me at all. Just something I noticed. This thing has been treating me well. Just can’t paint the basement off one hit of Grand Daddy purple in this thing. Maybe I should stick to sativa.

What I do is on a full charge i take run at all four pods ...three or four hits ....then move on to next......after I charge battery .....is o ss screens .....I stir then finish off pods at higher temps ...this way I know my first hits will be solid and then finish pods when they are not so tasty....this way I don't mix good flavor with bad flavor (due to end of pods).
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

ginolicious

What I do is on a full charge i take run at all four pods ...three or four hits ....then move on to next......after I charge battery .....is o ss screens .....I stir then finish off pods at higher temps ...this way I know my hits first will be solid and then finish pods when they are not so tasty....this way I don't mix good flavor with bad flavor (due to end of pods).
Hope it helps.

Very interesting way to use it for sure. I guess when you switch bowls it also probably stirs the weed to possibly?

Last night on a half vaped bowl I went in he basement to check out my paint job. Been finishing it for 2 years about. And I starting vaping down there. Didn’t se no exhale. After a few hits I had a huge cloud above my head hovering around my LED pot lights. I said no way in hell that was all the vapor I exhaled over that mini session. It was a lot. I was shocked.

Djsleepy

Very interesting way to use it for sure. I guess when you switch bowls it also probably stirs the weed to possibly?

Haven t paid attention if does or doesnt.....if I finish pods all the way before rotating ....on a full charge....I get two pods with a start on third pod before battery is drained....no biggie...but with the above way I get thru all four pods with those ever so tasty hits /vapor on a full charge. My abv is darker doing it this way too!

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I wonder if when the battery gets weaker so do the hits? Kinda like the ghost. But last night I got a huge cloud on yellow batter. Didn’t even draw for the full 10 seconds.

Djsleepy

I wonder if when the battery gets weaker so do the hits? Kinda like the ghost. But last night I got a huge cloud on yellow batter. Didn’t even draw for the full 10 seconds.

I think so....I definitely see my production go down as battery goes from yellow to red.....but quick charge is so fast ....that can remedy production loss!
I do it like @ginolicious does....I keep it charged all the time..... if it's not in use its charging!

Side note: I really love having a dedicated air path for each pod ....you always know a fresh bowl is a turn away!!!!!

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a tiny ring of tape around my stem so I can very easily mate it to 14mm males. It stays there always. I can put the stem in upside down and let the tap hold it in place instead of the orings, in case anyone is interested in making their orings last. This may help. Could also use it to replace orings temporarily if urs break. Tiny ring of tape, will slide right into the vape. Maybe not the safest bet with hot vapor and tape, but it is what it is and can be a quick solution as you wait. It's not in the vapor path. I have my tape posititioned so it's far away from the vape itself just in case it gets hot.

Flavor still dying off at a rate that isn't represented by the color of the abv. By that I mean a yellowish abv can taste very dark sometimes. I think it's because the holes in the pods will technically heat the tiny bit of herb closest to it more than the rest of the load, affecting flavor. Potentially a ss screen style pod instead of a tray with holes in would create a more even vape. Or my theory is wrong and that solution is moot. Just not sure why a vape with such pure flavor early on could turn a gnarly dark flavor for me at the middle-end...leads me to believe it's the few stray darker pieces producing bad flavor, even tho the rest of the load potentially is a neutral abv flavor. Doesn't always happen tho.

I noticed this too but maybe it is because I milk the low temps? I feel like it is harder to finish off a bowl on the high temps if you have more hits on the low temps... Especially true for flavors

I'm still using my early unit with the old firmware and it is working mostly fine, though I will want to send it in to be replaced by a newer unit that fits together a bit better. I also need the plain ss pods and microdose pods would be great too

Sure this unit isn't perfect, but it does what it is supposed to do very very well and like nothing else on the market. Definitely a great vape to have on hand from an even greater company!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

Stdudez

I've definitely confirmed that as battery life diminishes, so does vapor production. At least with my unit. However, as others have stated, the thing charges super fast and mine is always charging when not in use.

Furthermore I have a 22,000mah USB-C power delivery power bank - and that thing charges the square at full speed just as fast as the wall brick charger. In fact, the wall brick that came with the square is now being used to charge that battery since it can put out 30+watts and charges the battery faster than any other charger I have (I didn't have any others that supported power delivery).

Lastly, took this baby on a camping trip and it performed perfectly the whole time with herbs and dabs. Friends loved it and I probably sold at least 3 of my friends on buying a unit. Let me know when a sales position opens up @Haze Vaporizers. I'm your guy

Hip - Hip - HurrHazeeee

Djsleepy

WOW!!!!! Possible game changer here for those that hate gummed up ss screens.....got today......was shocked at how little transfer of material there was compared to without....these screens actually sit on the edge .....they don't go into pod...so materials stay however you tamp....no discernable difference in taste/flavor.....or draw....Will continue testing with ss pods and let u know if I find a difference.

Thanks to @Solomon for the info....appreciate you!

Here's is the link from page 147 of thread

$10 for 10 h
ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Q6KPMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

retteric

Here is my experience after two sessions with the square Pro, and maybe everyone can give me their input, as we are somewhat new to vaping. This whole thread has become a bit unwieldy to go through, so please bare with me if some questions have been answered before (I tried looking, promise!)

First Session - single user
- Just wax placed on the pads, and loaded into square.
- Found that none of the preset temps (forget what they were) produced any vapor at all.
- Had to plug it in and increase the highest temp to about 460 or 470 F to produce noticeable vapor
- Device got really hot after a few pulls. Eventually, the mouthpiece also would become very hot.

Second Session - 4 users
- Herb in all chambers, medium grind, packed not too tightly
- We found that the first hit after initial warm up would be intense and strong, even at the lowest setting at 360 F.
- Subsequent hits after the first were weak, if any vapor at all. So we would need to bump it up to 380 to get anything. Even then, it seems to be very weak with long prolonged draws. It seems like this is too high a temp and will cause combustion, so either its not an accurate temp or the device isn't heating?
- Battery was charged between rotations, so was pretty full the whole time.
- Device would become extremely hot after a few hits, almost to the point we couldn't hold it.
- After a bowl each, we found chamber one to be almost charred in the center. This was the first bowl in the rotation, so see the second bullet point above. The other 3 bowls were still fairly green in color. Forgot to take a picture.

Overall, a bit disappointing, to be honest.

Questions we had:
- There is an intake vent near the heating element. Are you supposed to hold this as a "carb" for the draws?
- We know you hold down the button until it vibrates before drawing, but are you supposed to continue to hold down throughout the draw?
- What have you all found to be the ideal temperature for both herb and concentrate?

Edit: By the way, this was a "Phase II" model running the most up to date firmware 1.0.59

retteric,
Reactions: Mixio

ginolicious

Here is my experience after two sessions with the square Pro, and maybe everyone can give me their input, as we are somewhat new to vaping. This whole thread has become a bit unwieldy to go through, so please bare with me if some questions have been answered before (I tried looking, promise!)

First Session - single user
- Just wax placed on the pads, and loaded into square.
- Found that none of the preset temps (forget what they were) produced any vapor at all.
- Had to plug it in and increase the highest temp to about 460 or 470 F to produce noticeable vapor
- Device got really hot after a few pulls. Eventually, the mouthpiece also would become very hot.

Second Session - 4 users
- Herb in all chambers, medium grind, packed not too tightly
- We found that the first hit after initial warm up would be intense and strong, even at the lowest setting at 360 F.
- Subsequent hits after the first were weak, if any vapor at all. So we would need to bump it up to 380 to get anything. Even then, it seems to be very weak with long prolonged draws. It seems like this is too high a temp and will cause combustion, so either its not an accurate temp or the device isn't heating?
- Battery was charged between rotations, so was pretty full the whole time.
- Device would become extremely hot after a few hits, almost to the point we couldn't hold it.
- After a bowl each, we found chamber one to be almost charred in the center. This was the first bowl in the rotation, so see the second bullet point above. The other 3 bowls were still fairly green in color. Forgot to take a picture.

Overall, a bit disappointing, to be honest.

Questions we had:
- There is an intake vent near the heating element. Are you supposed to hold this as a "carb" for the draws?
- We know you hold down the button until it vibrates before drawing, but are you supposed to continue to hold down throughout the draw?
- What have you all found to be the ideal temperature for both herb and concentrate?

Edit: By the way, this was a "Phase II" model running the most up to date firmware 1.0.59

Do not put your finger over the vent hole. It is not a carb.

You must hold the button down for your entire draw of 10 seconds. You may not be doing it correctly.

I get great vapor at 395 and was getting great hits at 350 as well.

ginolicious,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
WOW!!!!! Possible game changer here for those that hate gummed up ss screens.....got today......was shocked at how little transfer of material there was compared to without....these screens actually sit on the edge .....they don't go into pod...so materials stay however you tamp....no discernable difference in taste/flavor.....or draw....Will continue testing with ss pods and let u know if I find a difference.

$10 for 10 h
ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Q6KPMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
@Djsleepy have you run regular pipe screens on top before and if so please compare the experience. I found pipe screens lessened flavor and vapor but those screens have huge holes.

RogueGuy,

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy have you run regular pipe screens on top before and if so please compare the experience. I found pipe screens lessened flavor and vapor but those screens have huge holes.

Tried regular screens on top and just like you said less flavor/vapor....but you are right again.....these big ass holes do not restrict any air flow .....man it is a beautiful thing I also have noticed the draws are smoother not harsh like sometimes....bout to try ss pods...Will report back.....

George1151

Shout out to @Gino for the upside grind in the grinder tip. I have a Gr8tr grinder with a fine grind bottom plate and a medium grind plate. I have been using mostly the medium and I had heard about upside down grinding but never tried it until a few days ago.

I like it!! Don't really need it fine with the Dual but I will keep grinding this way for a while.

Lately I have been using the Dual pretty much as an on demand vpe. Steel cans and screens, sandwich of ground flower with a thin layer of Canadian LP Pink Kush kief (was only around for a few weeks and I got a good supply). I use the V3 almost exclusively on the lowest temp setting. First hit or 2 a bit thin (normal) and with the kief (also without but a bit less intense) by the 3rd hit its massive clouds. 2 hits of the big clouds plus the 2 starter ones is plenty. I them close it up, remove the battery, pop out the can, qtip swab the silicon and flat metal piece, remove glass mouthpiece, qtip that and the air path, put the hot can in the cool side, replace battery and I'm good sometimes for the night if not she's ready to go for another session. Never stir. No need with the Dual.

I easily get 3 or 4 solo sessions from one can. Mentioned earlier I was at a concert that was pretty square (pun intended) and it fell out of my pocket and I was looking around for it and the lady beside me told me my "wallet" was under my lawn chair. She had no clue I had been vaping right beside her lol.

George1151,

Djsleepy

Update on concave screens....Tried ss pods/ reg. Pods at 340/365 with no tamp...both seemed the same ... I am really shocked how much smoother it makes the experience...

AJS

Calm Consistency
I noticed this too but maybe it is because I milk the low temps? I feel like it is harder to finish off a bowl on the high temps if you have more hits on the low temps... Especially true for flavors

I'm still using my early unit with the old firmware and it is working mostly fine, though I will want to send it in to be replaced by a newer unit that fits together a bit better. I also need the plain ss pods and microdose pods would be great too

Sure this unit isn't perfect, but it does what it is supposed to do very very well and like nothing else on the market. Definitely a great vape to have on hand from an even greater company!
Whatsup man! Didn't know you were around these parts. Been loving this vape, yaknow...it's been a few days. I'll whip her out tonight, thanks for the motivation ;)

Thebigsmoke

Hi everybody I have been following the thread for a while and I'm looking to buy this vape. Could you folks give me some info on heat up time and smell from the unit especially when not in use as I would need to keep it on me. I just bought a grasshopper 3 weeks ago and it's getting replaced already I needed it for it's quick heat time and very minimal smell however the reliability is a problem so this vape looks like it fits my needs perfectly especially if I can load 4 bowls at once. Thanks in advance

Thebigsmoke,

Djsleepy

Hi everybody I have been following the thread for a while and I'm looking to buy this vape. Could you folks give me some info on heat up time and smell from the unit especially when not in use as I would need to keep it on me. I just bought a grasshopper 3 weeks ago and it's getting replaced already I needed it for it's quick heat time and very minimal smell however the reliability is a problem so this vape looks like it fits my needs perfectly especially if I can load 4 bowls at once. Thanks in advance

heat up is within few seconds and minimal smell as well

Djsleepy,

caseball2051

$10 for 10 h

Bought these as well. I haven't used them yet. I noticed they fit well though.

Do you use these with the curved side up towards the airpath or curved side down towards the herb? Noticed both ways fit!

caseball2051,

Djsleepy

Bought these as well. I haven't used them yet. I noticed they fit well though.

Do you use these with the curved side up towards the airpath or curved side down towards the herb? Noticed both ways fit!

I do it curved side toward herb....haven t tried inverted yet....Will try and report back

EDit: screen goes only one way on mine...herb side down........yeah lid wouldn't close all the way....got to have that closed.

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Top Bottom