Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Just thinking out loud here, based on the screen lids that people are buying from amazon to keep the actual stainless screens clean in the unit. These lids work as caps. Keep everything contained. Based on user review do not add any restriction to airflow and allow for the screens to stay clean to allow for better air flow throughout the entire bowl. I’m assuming the microdose pods are going to have a lid.

Maybe the standard pods need a lid just the same way that the Dual V3 has with their herb chambers? I remember that the herb can kept the oven lids real clean on my Dual V3 whereas the convection basket would get debris on the top of the oven lid.

Djsleepy

Just thinking out loud here, based on the screen lids that people are buying from amazon to keep the actual stainless screens clean in the unit. These lids work as caps. Keep everything contained. Based on user review do not add any restriction to airflow and allow for the screens to stay clean to allow for better air flow throughout the entire bowl. I’m assuming the microdose pods are going to have a lid.

Maybe the standard pods need a lid just the same way that the Dual V3 has with their herb chambers? I remember that the herb can kept the oven lids real clean on my Dual V3 whereas the convection basket would get debris on the top of the oven lid.

I suggest @Haze Vaporizers should buy a set and test them...even if it is an accessory for those who want....but do not get me wrong... after a full tray .....you have to clean at least with iso....the smoothness is unreal!

AJS

Calm Consistency
WOW!!!!! Possible game changer here for those that hate gummed up ss screens.....got today......was shocked at how little transfer of material there was compared to without....these screens actually sit on the edge .....they don't go into pod...so materials stay however you tamp....no discernable difference in taste/flavor.....or draw....Will continue testing with ss pods and let u know if I find a difference.

Thanks to @Solomon for the info....appreciate you!

Here's is the link from page 147 of thread

$10 for 10 h
ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Q6KPMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
$4 for 1 day shipping. Will try tomorrow :)

b0

Cloudy...
First of all sorry about the bad photos. No good lighting in my house :(

So in the next 2 photos I was testing the temps in my new unit. So far this one is working amazingly well, the only complaint I have about the unit is the painting/anodizing but I will leave that for a future post.

In the first photo you can see how I use the EQ in my tray in the bowls 1 and 3 (sorry the photo is sideways) This one was already finished at 455:

IMG_20180731_001706.jpg

In the second photo the ABV. As you can see 455 is perfect for the big pods, but it's a bit too much for the EQ, so definitely lowering a bit the fourth temp to finish the EQ and leaving the fifth to finish big pods. ABV is perfect even in the EQ and because they're upside down, the cleaning isn't as needed, 2 big pros to using them.

IMG_20180731_002016.jpg

For my next tray I'm gonna load 2 big pods and 2 EQ like here, but this time I'm gonna test SS pods.

The only con that really worries me is how the paint is falling off, airpath included, and makes me wonder how much of that airpath I took out cleaning and how much went into my lungs while in use... Definitely something that they really need to look, not sure about how safe inhaling those particles is.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
First of all sorry about the bad photos. No good lighting in my house :(

So in the next 2 photos I was testing the temps in my new unit. So far this one is working amazingly well, the only complaint I have about the unit is the painting/anodizing but I will leave that for a future post.

In the first photo you can see how I use the EQ in my tray in the bowls 1 and 3 (sorry the photo is sideways) This one was already finished at 455:

IMG_20180731_001706.jpg

In the second photo the ABV. As you can see 455 is perfect for the big pods, but it's a bit too much for the EQ, so definitely lowering a bit the fourth temp to finish the EQ and leaving the fifth to finish big pods. ABV is perfect even in the EQ and because they're upside down, the cleaning isn't as needed, 2 big pros to using them.

IMG_20180731_002016.jpg

For my next tray I'm gonna load 2 big pods and 2 EQ like here, but this time I'm gonna test SS pods.

The only con that really worries me is how the paint is falling off, airpath included, and makes me wonder how much of that airpath I took out cleaning and how much went into my lungs while in use... Definitely something that they really need to look, not sure about how safe inhaling those particles is.
Nothing significant can pass through air filters.

Haze Vaporizers,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
Nothing significant can pass through air filters.

The part that worries me is after the filters. You can see how the paint is falling of in this photos:

IMG_20180731_010035.jpg

IMG_20180731_010055.jpg

IMG_20180731_010106.jpg

IMG_20180731_010114.jpg

Just doing a normal qtip+iso clean stripes part of the paint. Never saw that before and that part conects straight to the mouthpiece, so no filter can save you.

I think that everyone that uses this unit daily (I even bought a case for it, don't think I'm being rough with it) will agree with me at how easily this unit starts peeling of, especially the knob side.

Keep in mind that everything else in this unit I love it and atm I only use this vape and dabs in my rigs, this thing is THAT GOOD. I moved 2 months ago and my EVO is still in his box, it's true that dabs have a big role in that as I don't do flowers as much as before, but totally love using this little thing and is perfect to take out and about. I walk around puffing it and people don't even look at me.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
The part that worries me is after the filters. You can see how the paint is falling of in this photos:

IMG_20180731_010035.jpg

IMG_20180731_010055.jpg

IMG_20180731_010106.jpg

IMG_20180731_010114.jpg

Just doing a normal qtip+iso clean stripes part of the paint. Never saw that before and that part conects straight to the mouthpiece, so no filter can save you.

I think that everyone that uses this unit daily (I even bought a case for it, don't think I'm being rough with it) will agree with me at how easily this unit starts peeling of, especially the knob side.

Keep in mind that everything else in this unit I love it and atm I only use this vape and dabs in my rigs, this thing is THAT GOOD. I moved 2 months ago and my EVO is still in his box, it's true that dabs have a big role in that as I don't do flowers as much as before, but totally love using this little thing and is perfect to take out and about. I walk around puffing it and people don't even look at me.
Agree on the insanely dark ABV but may just be lighting.

@b0 I'm a little concerned about one of my pods turning really light, another user mentioned this. That the coating could be off gassing.

This unit would be rad if it was polished. I believe its just sheet and billet aluminum.

b0

Cloudy...
I said this temp is too much for using EQ gaskets, of course it's harsh and taste bad. As I said I need to change the temp for the pods, this is the first tray I do in my new unit.

But now everyone knows this unit can achieve extreme extraction without combustion, right? Just for science :science:

The good thing about it is that shows that EQ gaskets use less temp to vape better. More evenly and using less energy. Pretty happy and keep recomending them to everyone that wants smaller pods until @Haze Vaporizers come with the small ones.

Will update in a couple days with the SS pods.

What about the big pods? Those were really nice vaped, specially for how big hits get with this vape and no one says anything! :shrug:

caseball2051

Damn, I wish I was getting that vapcap darkness in my abv.

My laptop is out on repair. Can't mess around with temperatures until I get it back. I definitely plan to run some different than stock settings. Was planning it out today actually

365, 380, 395, 420, 450

Last edited:

ginolicious

New video on YouTube. Only about 4 minutes long. Not a great video. More of a complaining video. Seems like all I see now a days. I would make a video but I don’t want vaporizers and pot associated in a video format with my online footprint for reasons I can’t really disclose.

Now in this video I noticed the dudes coil is so much more fatter than the one I have. Anyone else can compare this? This is the only reason why I bring this up. Curious about this coil.

ginolicious,

Stdudez

Wow @b0 - that is some really dark ABV. It looks totally charred. Your 100% sure you never combusted in that? I have conduction vapes that don't get it that dark.

I definitely hear your concern with the flaking paint. Mine looks way worse. I have 3 bottom trays all of which have almost lost all paint in the vapor paths. Also - I have 3 pods I've regularly used for concentrates that are typically getting hit with the 480 temps. One of then has lost all paint and is now copper in color.

Haze may want to seriously consider a different finish coating or at least a better vendor to do it as it is certainly strange and a bit concerning.

That said, mine still hits like a truck and vaping paint flakes may still be better than smoking/combustion :D:o

Stdudez,
Reactions: Jill NYC

b0

Cloudy...
Wow @b0 - that is some really dark ABV. It looks totally charred. Your 100% sure you never combusted in that? I have conduction vapes that don't get it that dark.

I definitely hear your concern with the flaking paint. Mine looks way worse. I have 3 bottom trays all of which have almost lost all paint in the vapor paths. Also - I have 3 pods I've regularly used for concentrates that are typically getting hit with the 480 temps. One of then has lost all paint and is now copper in color.

Haze may want to seriously consider a different finish coating or at least a better vendor to do it as it is certainly strange and a bit concerning.

That said, mine still hits like a truck and vaping paint flakes may still be better than smoking/combustion :D:o

100% sure no combustion. It's a really dark chocolate brown. That being said, I'm not planning to keep vaping up to that Temps, I already lowered a bit the final temp I use for my micro (eq) pods. In the next few days I will update with more photos.

The finish on the unit, specially inside parts, it's my only worry atm.

Apart from that, this bad boy definitely hist like a motherfucking truck, love it! Can't wait for @Haze Vaporizers guys to fix the finishing and we have a winner here!! I haven't even used my milaana since I got this bad boy and that's saying a lot!

LabPong

Agree on the insanely dark ABV but may just be lighting.

@b0 I'm a little concerned about one of my pods turning really light, another user mentioned this. That the coating could be off gassing.

This unit would be rad if it was polished. I believe its just sheet and billet aluminum.

Yup I agree.....it should have no metal coatings at all...only SS in the ovens and airpath.

I was blown away by the manufactures weak response.......no addressing the actual chipping paint flakes in the airpath????

I was interested in this vape.....but seeing some odd stuff here now. I think I will pass......keep waiting for a good on demand portable........sigh.......

LabPong,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Yup I agree.....it should have no metal coatings at all...only SS in the ovens and airpath.

I was blown away by the manufactures weak response.......no addressing the actual chipping paint flakes in the airpath????

I was interested in this vape.....but seeing some odd stuff here now. I think I will pass......keep waiting for a good on demand portable........sigh.......
We have already responded to this under several pages already but just to make it stronger, I will respond again:

#1 It is not paint that is being pointed out. We do not have anything painted on the unit. It is the anodization process where some members point out. Yes we can do stronger anodization for cosmetic appearance which can be improved but we also provide silicone sleeves to prevent this to some extend. We already switched our anodization process and beta testers can feel free to comment on this. The first beta units to last phase products are not the same in terms of cosmetics.

#2 The member earlier, was pointing out the machined parts of the tray and the housing. Those areas are kept out of anodization on purpose. I already mentioned that nothing should be in the path of inhalation. The member who pointed this out is entitled to his own opinion on this of course. As the manufacturer, we already pointed out the fact in this subject. More argument/discussion over this, is only bickering from our perspective. It does not provide a STRONGER response.

#3 We are trying to be careful not to cloud the entire thread with our posts to every detail until a conversation or discussion is made around a specific topic by members. We also try not to keep reposting answers on the specific topic that was already addressed in the past. We want our thread to be an easy read for anybody who is interested.

ginolicious

So I’ve found a nicer way to load the pods personally. I like just scooping my erb out of my grinder and then running my finger across the top to smooth it out. No tamp. I find it gives the bowl a more uniform lay rather than using the load tool and pinching the erb from my grinder and then putting it in the load tray. I find it not as uniform. However the load tool is definitely nice for re assembling the unit.

I do agree. This thread keeps repeating itself.

b0

Cloudy...
We have already responded to this under several pages already but just to make it stronger, I will respond again:

#1 It is not paint that is being pointed out. We do not have anything painted on the unit. It is the anodization process where some members point out. Yes we can do stronger anodization for cosmetic appearance which can be improved but we also provide silicone sleeves to prevent this to some extend. We already switched our anodization process and beta testers can feel free to comment on this. The first beta units to last phase products are not the same in terms of cosmetics.

Happy to read this, I was sure you were gonna take care of the issue.

This is easily my favorite portable convection vape I ever tried and you can see in my signature I've tried a few. In fact, ATM the only vape I'm using is the Haze Square. At home I'm usually dabbing and between dabs I take a few puffs from the Square, I used my Milaana for that before but to be honest I enjoy a lot more the Square lately.

For my way back from work I was using a Fury 2 before but since I got my Square it's a no brainer, I arrive home higher and enjoy a lot more the herbs.

The EVO is in his box cause I usually just go for a dab when I feel like hitting a rig. Rest of the collection is in Spain or unused here in UK.

Am I becoming a square? :freak:

KMizzy

Maybe a stupid question, but I tried researching and couldn't draw a strong conclusion (on my phone, not best for research).

I have the pro, but I only have a chromebook for a computer. So I can't get the app unless I do some strange computer work on the chromebook that is above my paygrade (at least I think that is right...).

Soooooo...
I have an Xbox One, any way I can get the app working on there? I doubt it.

KMizzy,

ginolicious

Maybe a stupid question, but I tried researching and couldn't draw a strong conclusion (on my phone, not best for research).

I have the pro, but I only have a chromebook for a computer. So I can't get the app unless I do some strange computer work on the chromebook that is above my paygrade (at least I think that is right...).

Soooooo...
I have an Xbox One, any way I can get the app working on there? I doubt it.

App currently works only with Windows 10 and Mac. Those are the only two platforms. Your chrome book does not operate on windows 10 and therefore why it does not work. I do not own an Xbox one. Have not used one. But i doubt it does not have windows 10. If no windows or Mac then no workie.

I remember Haze saying they are working on an android app.

Bout to vape me a bowl and watch some flash. Think I’ll do this bowl at 365 instead if my usual 395. I think I need a 375 temp too. And possibly even a 410.

b0

Cloudy...
App currently works only with Windows 10 and Mac. Those are the only two platforms. Your chrome book does not operate on windows 10 and therefore why it does not work. I do not own an Xbox one. Have not used one. But i doubt it does not have windows 10. If no windows or Mac then no workie.

I remember Haze saying they are working on an android app.

Bout to vape me a bowl and watch some flash. Think I’ll do this bowl at 365 instead if my usual 395. I think I need a 375 temp too. And possibly even a 410.

I'm sure you will love 410, give it a try my firend :evil:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

#2 The member earlier, was pointing out the machined parts of the tray and the housing. Those areas are kept out of anodization on purpose. I already mentioned that nothing should be in the path of inhalation. The member who pointed this out is entitled to his own opinion on this of course. As the manufacturer, we already pointed out the fact in this subject. More argument/discussion over this, is only bickering from our perspective. It does not provide a STRONGER response.

#3 We are trying to be careful not to cloud the entire thread with our posts to every detail until a conversation or discussion is made around a specific topic by members. We also try not to keep reposting answers on the specific topic that was already addressed in the past. We want our thread to be an easy read for anybody who is interested.

@Haze Vaporizers I have no concern about the air path or cosmetic issues. I just want to make sure that the changing color of one of my pods is OK. I apologize if HV has addressed this earlier in the thread.

Love my Square. Performance has been spot on.

Stdudez

I just wanted to point out my incorrect terminology in saying "paint" earlier - whereas I was talking about the anodized surfaces. Good to know the air pathways were left out of this purposefully anyways. These comments were never meant to bash the product, more expressing concern which has since been explained and addressed.

I'd also like to say the Haze Square is my top dog, the only means of consuming cannabis that I am currently using. I love this device, the company that created it, and the fan base who use it and are building it up.

@Haze Vaporizers supports their customers and has excellent customer service - I know firsthand - and they listen to the feedback of their users. This is a winning combo in my book and companies that carry themselves in this manner are rare are in business today. So to the guy a few posts back take the plunge man - you won't regret it. If you run into any issues down the road Haze has your back!

Top Bottom