Discontinued Haze Square

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
Has anyone who ordered Phase 3 heard anything?

In an email asking about my missing trays, Haze said this:

"We expect it to be included with our Phase 3 inventory on 06/21."

Pretty sure that means they'll get them in on the 21st, do their QA/testing checks, and then ship them out probably a week later. My phase 2 order had it's ship label made on June 1st (probably when they arrived in house), and then actually left about a week later. Glad to see they take the time to actually review them all, not like some other Cricket Labs we've all heard about or experienced.

But for some reason I’m yet to combust on this device.

From the pic you posted, I think you've got a pretty level / perfectly sitting coil. My coil is still sitting wonky (haven't have time to mess with it), and I suspect others with combustion issues will see some similar uneven coil orientation. Again I'm speaking of the actual coil itself, not the whole ceramic housing. With the coil sitting like this, it makes sense that one side of the pod gets drastically hotter than expected during initial heat up, causing a 1st hit combustion.

Anyone else with combustion issues care to weigh in on how your coil is sitting? Post pics, as I'm sure it will help Haze fine tune their QA checks. They're a company that actually listens to their customers feedback, and I really appreciate that.

mfw0mb,

ginolicious

@mfw0mb yes my coil sits pretty flush. The coil is replaceable which means as a user we can remove it and re install it. So there is a way to make it flush for sure.

ginolicious,
Reactions: mfw0mb

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks guys for sharing your tests and photos of abv. My unit is just leaving the US now on his way to UK and I could be more excites. This unit seems like everything the ff2 and the ESV where missing plus 4 bowls, with every single part user friendly to repare/change, custom Temps and quick charge. Fu k it sounds like a dream come true!

I order an extra coils pack just in case, but seems like I'm not gonna need to change them in a long time. So excited! Don't remember last time I was this excited about a vape.

Keep the photos and test coming guys, learning a lot from your experience. Thanks!!

junny89

Thanks guys for sharing your tests and photos of abv. My unit is just leaving the US now on his way to UK and I could be more excites. This unit seems like everything the ff2 and the ESV where missing plus 4 bowls, with every single part user friendly to repare/change, custom Temps and quick charge. Fu k it sounds like a dream come true!

I order an extra coils pack just in case, but seems like I'm not gonna need to change them in a long time. So excited! Don't remember last time I was this excited about a vape.

Keep the photos and test coming guys, learning a lot from your experience. Thanks!!

I'm a UK customer also, but I was a phase 1 adopter :)
Enjoy, as it's probably the best convec vaporizer out there !
Ease of use and simplicity makes it a awesome device, it's has its issues but I think that's down to you to dial in You're preferences and make it how you want :)

Stdudez

For those of you looking at your coil as a possible issue causing combustion or uneven burning you may very well be correct.

Mine was slightly raised on one side and resting completely against the smaller round center of the ceramic insert and looked somewhat bent in one section. I used the included tweezers and pulled it completely out, very delicately straighted the part that was bent/raised, and reinserted it. Now it sits completely flush and is fully centered over the air intake holes in the ceramic insert.

I can't tell if that was the biggest factor improving my experience, or whether it was using dryer herb or my tactic for drawing on it. I kind of "fixed/changed" several things at once without much testing between fixes, so its hard telling what had the biggest impact on my now giant clouds. Either way I'm a happy camper and hope these shared experiences are helpful to someone out there! Will try to post some ABV pics and pics of my straightened out coil later. Been so busy I just haven't had time!

Cheers, stay vaped!

Squatch

Exister
I haven’t combusted since I fixed my coil a month ago. I check it periodically because it does tend to warp again after a while. Im pretty sure that this was the reason for me combusting because it hasn’t happened since I fixed it...and I double and some times triple press. All haze would have to do is somehow secure BOTH sides of that coil down instead of just the one side, then it would stay seated all around.

Last edited:

ginolicious

Is it easy to fix the coil or remove it? I’m yet to have to do it.

Also. I dunno. I love the one button method. I’m outside in the backyard. Backed my tray for the day. On 325F and got a huge cloud. Coughed a bit too. Single press method. I could totally feel and taste it in my mouth as I was drawing and then was like yeah I’mma keep going. I intend to milk this bowl and this beer. One or two hits every 15-20 minutes.

This thing is truly amazing. I’m glad I pulled the trigger. It’s haze after all. Hey have proved themselves with the Dual.

Hi. Noticed a small chip on my mouth piece. At the very bottom. The piece bag would go in the whole but on the underside. Not the side. Not a huge chip. Not sure if it’s creatong performance issues. When micro pods come out I’ll be ordering another mouth piece.

On my third hit outside single press at 325F could see vapor still. This bowl I intend to only hit at this temp. Single press. Cause the first two hits totally got me there haha. I’ll double press near the end if I have to. But no temp stepping. This high is excellent for day time right now.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Stdudez

Is it easy to fix the coil or remove it? I’m yet to have to do it.

Also. I dunno. I love the one button method. I’m outside in the backyard. Backed my tray for the day. On 325F and got a huge cloud. Coughed a bit too. Single press method. I could totally feel and taste it in my mouth as I was drawing and then was like yeah I’mma keep going. I intend to milk this bowl and this beer. One or two hits every 15-20 minutes.

This thing is truly amazing. I’m glad I pulled the trigger. It’s haze after all. Hey have proved themselves with the Dual.

Hi. Noticed a small chip on my mouth piece. At the very bottom. The piece bag would go in the whole but on the underside. Not the side. Not a huge chip. Not sure if it’s creatong performance issues. When micro pods come out I’ll be ordering another mouth piece.

On my third hit outside single press at 325F could see vapor still. This bowl I intend to only hit at this temp. Single press. Cause the first two hits totally got me there haha. I’ll double press near the end if I have to. But no temp stepping. This high is excellent for day time right now.

EZ to remove the coil and reseat it. Obviously its tiny so just be delicate while removing and reshaping before reinserting it.

Stdudez,

ginolicious

I assume it just pops out then?

Not sure now if I need micro dose pods. If you don’t want a full bowl doesn’t mean you have to vape it. Pack it and just ride it out. See how you feel. I’ve been periodically hitting mine.

ginolicious,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I’ve designed #1 pod for concentrates, to avoid the infamous fresh bowl first draw low setting instant combustion firmware bug???... it’s set at 480F atm till new upgrade????
I’m running rosin from cold hash... I follow the sandwich SS pad technique, 1/2 dab on top of each...

xr1aQNK.jpg

Make them a sandwich... extra 1/2 dab for sakes...

8EnKift.jpg

Load pads sandwich with last 1/2 dab facing the bottom of pod, and finally cap with a ti or ss suitable to fit on top of the sandwich... take a close look how clean the wax screen on the top left of the screen tray side is... and how clean the flower ones are too... I use ti screens to fit, not to squeeze, to fit, no need to clean every time and clean reclaim too, way less combustion incidents too... I fitted #2,3,4 pods with ti screens on bottoms and tops of pods for extra convection and avoid little sparkle speckles I found before, combustion precursors, I’m assuming they are from the fast draw and close contact to metal and holes... I’m hitting it light on top, joint style, like some other FCer already posted, avoiding blocking the holes of the pods close to the coil/heater...
Besides all stays cleaner and easier to dump too... remember not to squeeze the screens both on bottoms or tops, on bottoms you’ll block airflow by blocking holes in pods, on tops, compressing too much weed, will create less resistance airpaths that will lead to hotspots/combustion...
I’m running
-390, 400, 410, 420 and concentrates 480
-really fine grind,upside down grinding till desired better, dry bud if possible, avoid even little sticks or bud chunks, joint style light on top, long draws and double button... careful double button =combustion sometimes...

3PiPnto.jpg

Here’s a wax video at 480F...

Stay vaped...

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I’ve designed #1 pod for concentrates, to avoid the infamous fresh bowl first draw low setting instant combustion firmware bug???... it’s set at 480F atm till new upgrade????
I’m running rosin from cold hash... I follow the sandwich SS pad technique, 1/2 dab on top of each...

xr1aQNK.jpg

Make them a sandwich... extra 1/2 dab for sakes...

8EnKift.jpg

Load pads sandwich with last 1/2 dab facing the bottom of pod, and finally cap with a ti or ss suitable to fit on top of the sandwich... take a close look how clean the wax screen on the top left of the screen tray side is... and how clean the flower ones are too... I use ti screens to fit, not to squeeze, to fit, no need to clean every time and clean reclaim too, way less combustion incidents too... I fitted #2,3,4 pods with ti screens on bottoms and tops of pods for extra convection and avoid little sparkle speckles I found before, combustion precursors, I’m assuming they are from the fast draw and close contact to metal and holes... I’m hitting it light on top, joint style, like some other FCer already posted, avoiding blocking the holes of the pods close to the coil/heater...
Besides all stays cleaner and easier to dump too... remember not to squeeze the screens both on bottoms or tops, on bottoms you’ll block airflow by blocking holes in pods, on tops, compressing too much weed, will create less resistance airpaths that will lead to hotspots/combustion...
I’m running
-390, 400, 410, 420 and concentrates 480
-really fine grind,upside down grinding till desired better, dry bud if possible, avoid even little sticks or bud chunks, joint style light on top, long draws and double button... careful double button =combustion sometimes...

3PiPnto.jpg

Here’s a wax video at 480F...

Stay vaped...
@Zangano Cruel Are you using 2 ti screens per bowl? One on bottom then pack with flower then one on top?

ginolicious

Damn this vape had me super vaped all night. My final bowl was a little wispy though in my opinion. I was also drunk so probably not hitting it properly or did a proper pack. Basically out of bud now lol. May need some higher temps to finish off bowls.

Well now I know why I was having performance issues.

I took apart the entire vape all the lids and boy were the two bowls I had been using all week gunked up. Gunked so bad hah soaking in iso for 20 minutes wasn’t enough. I had to scrub em. After every bowl I would do a wipe down. Clearly not enough. After 4 or 5 bowls out of the same bowl you need to clean. Well soon my first “deep clean” after a wild night with this thing. Not doing the silicone. Just pods and lids. Now I just need to figure out how to get into the air paths and get those cleaned out. Got some work to do outside. Around 2 I wanna be vaping and drinking lol.

Last edited:

ginolicious

Not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it’s just me.

The knob that you twist to disconnect the two haves does not sit flush when I lock the other half in. It actually sits indented. It doesn’t pop out and sit flush after I lock it in. Not sure if this is causing a performance issue.

I also reinstalled the lids backwards. Totally screweda bowl. Couldn’t figure out why and then I took it all apart again. Lol.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Just sold my 'Hopper and about to pre-order a haze square. Hope I'm not making a mistake, this hopper is one of the lucky reliable ones.

I just need a pod system for group seshes

deadlytoaster,

ginolicious

Well I’m not sure what to say. I’m not getting the greatest vapor production now after doing a deep clean. I made sure everything is properly aligned. Not sure what’s different from before other than my weed that I was using had been in a mason jar for over 4 months. Last week was eating great clouds and taste at 325F. Now I’m not getting much at 395F. Taste is there but no visible vapor.

I am using new weed I just bought from the dispensary. It’s purple wreck. A little sticky for sure. Thinking this may be be culprit? I left some ground up herb in the bottom of the grinder and hopefully it vapes better tonight.

Also just wondering if anyone can push their ceramic heater down? I noticed that if I push it there is a bit of play. Not sure if that’s an issue or normal.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

TKraus

Well I’m not sure what to say. I’m not getting the greatest vapor production now after doing a deep clean. I made sure everything is properly aligned. Not sure what’s different from before other than my weed that I was using had been in a mason jar for over 4 months. Last week was eating great clouds and taste at 325F. Now I’m not getting much at 395F. Taste is there but no visible vapor.

I am using new weed I just bought from the dispensary. It’s purple wreck. A little sticky for sure. Thinking this may be be culprit? I left some ground up herb in the bottom of the grinder and hopefully it vapes better tonight.

Also just wondering if anyone can push their ceramic heater down? I noticed that if I push it there is a bit of play. Not sure if that’s an issue or normal.

If you can't vape any type of weed in there than idk what the point of this thing is. I bet you that it is because it isn't properly sealed or something but I'm just taking a guess here. There's a video that might help. The guy disassembles and reassembles the pieces of the tray:

TKraus,

ginolicious

Very familiar with hat video. I have watched it a few times and made sure everything was out back properly as per the video.

Can anyone weigh in regarding performance issues after a deep clean or the dryness/type of bud?

I was having great performance for about a week before the deep clean.

ginolicious,

TKraus

Very familiar with hat video. I have watched it a few times and made sure everything was out back properly as per the video.

Can anyone weigh in regarding performance issues after a deep clean or the dryness/type of bud?

That's interesting. Maybe the airflow changed and you are now pulling more air through thus making it cooler? I'm just throwing ideas around. Best of luck!

TKraus,

Andorinter

I wish there was a fool proof guide to packing and using the square. I've tried so many different methods with mixed results.

Do I pack tight? Do I grind it, use whole buds, or grind it by hand? What temp is the best? Haze says lower is better. People are getting clouds of vapor, so I pack it like them, I use the temps they say, with no results.

I packed a bowl "perfectly" or so I thought, only to use the whole battery, with no visible hits!!! So I took some weed out of the bowl, tamped it down, NOTHING!!

I don't know if my unit has to be sent back a second time, or what. I feel like a dick constantly being in contact with Haze seeming like a small child that can't get his Yo-Yo to work. I wish I knew what the factors are to get great results out of this thing.

Is my bud too wet? Let it dry, nope that didn't work. Maybe I packed to much? Nope, taking weed out and repacking it nicely didn't work. Temps too high?? Lower them. Nope. Temps too low? Turn em up. Oh shit dead battery.

Nothing has made me feel more like a mental midget than this vape. I love haze, I love the square, except the results I'm getting.

Maybe this is my issue. I packed a "perfect" bowl and had the same results as you. I've cleaned it and put it back together a few times.

Maybe you're right, something isn't right with the seal after a deep clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

I took it apart twice last night to try to re assemble it. I did it the exact same way each time and nothing has change. It’s weird because before I did a deep clean and took it all apart this thing was killing it. Was amazing. Low temp bowls on Saturday during the day with a pint was unreal.

ginolicious,

MinnBobber

It’s weird because before I did a deep clean and took it all apart this thing was killing it
I find it very finicky for re-assembly, where it is easy to have a SS screen that is not quite seated, for example, and this totally messes up the airflow/you get no vapor.
Did you look closely at all the SS screen perimeters/where they must seat perfectly into the molded holders?

ginolicious

I find it very finicky for re-assembly, where it is easy to have a SS screen that is not quite seated, for example, and this totally messes up the airflow/you get no vapor.
Did you look closely at all the SS screen perimeters/where they must seat perfectly into the molded holders?

Hmm. I don’t think I aligned the lids properly. When looking closely some of the holes look clogged yet they were cleaned. So under further inspection it appears that the other piece of be lid may not be sitting properly therefore covering 1-2 holes in the lid. I use the deep cleaning tool so I don’t get how stuff isn’t properly aligned. Is there an easier way or better way I should re assemble? Cause clearly I fucked up

Super rough day. I need this vape working for me. Work is just killing me.

MinnBobber

I use the deep cleaning tool so I don’t get how stuff isn’t properly aligned. Is there an easier way or better way I should re assemble? Cause clearly I fucked up
...............................................................................................................
IMO, the configuration of the ss screens/lids/ etc is a poor design. The two SS pieces almost repel each other, yet they need to be perfectly aligned and perfectly seated. Pods should mate to become a secure/singular piece---like the miniVAP Flxicone module.
Haze assembly requires precise and perfect alignment and placement and a tiny shift of one piece f#cks up the whole assembly.
Assemble again but very very very carefully :)

ginolicious

Just to confirm the screens go in first and then the other lid that goes on top with the lips face downwards right?

Is there any special way to put everything back so it doesn’t move a millimeter? Cause I use the loading tool and figured that’s all I needed.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom