1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Your vape not recognizing it at all? Well I will try and report back.

Now on a side note, how you liking your vape? You, me and a few others who have been very active lately have been enjoying it very much. I just wanted to confirm that you are minus the charging issue. Good high? Good vapor production? I feel phase 1 users have trickled off and got fet up with their unit. For new comers reading this thread I think they should be aware that the kinks are truly getting worked out.

2. TKraus

TKraus New Member

I don't know which chart you are referring to but both were made for people that vaporize marijuana. There is more information that you can read about by visiting these links:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...-cannabis-terpenes-and-how-do-they-affect-you

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/how-to-customize-a-cannabis-high-with-temperature

Djsleepy likes this.
  3. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I am enjoying this one. It's definitely not a vape for a new vaporist it indeed has kinks as it's only in phases as of now. Aside from having to pack monster bowls I love the quality of vapor. The hits are not harsh to me and full of flavor. Lots of potential here. Having 4 chambers ready to go is nice. Just need to get used to the maintenance. If Haze develops a can system of the sort like with the Dual and allows you to microdose it will be grand.

Jill NYC likes this.
  4. YupTi777

YupTi777 New Member

Is there a Mac version for the square yet or away to download it to ios?

5. TKraus

TKraus New Member

It doesn't have bluetooth so I think iOS is out of the question. I'm pretty sure they are waiting on approval from Apple on the macOS application.

6. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Haze mentioned getting the app to android which would almost imply a mobile app. I don't know where they were going with that though.

7. ginolicious

Apple app coming out soon.

I concur, not a vape for a new vaporist. However I don’t believe any on demand convection is. You need to do some of the work. Like driving a manual car. I thought I made a bad choice on the first night. Was upset. But second night loved it. But yes the monster bowls are crazy. But eh we don’t need to vape the full bowl in a single session.

8. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I wonder if you will just plug the vape into your phone to change settings then eh? Interesting stuff

9. ginolicious

Well Apple has a store just like the Microsoft store. So just because it’s on the Apple store doesn’t mean it’s onlt iOS compatible. It could be Mac computer compatible. They would need to release a new cable with the lightening and usb C. Be a weird cable haha.

TKraus likes this.
  10. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I just read apple is shipping phones with USB C cables and might switch over. Would be pretty odd for them to do that

11. ginolicious

Well that’s news to me. I’m a big Apple fan. I love them. Just haven’t bought a new MacBook. Any phone capability with the app for the vape would be unreal.

However I still stand by my request for usuage timers and how long you spend on each setting. Would teach you a lot about your usuage.

Also, I wish this thing had a logo. I kinda liked the logo the first prototype had.

Mattyboo42 likes this.
  12. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

It sucks that phase 1 users have trickled off and that it seems that device gets better but then the 1st phase just gets pushed aside for phase 2? This is not leaving a good taste in my mouth?? You gotta fix the 1st phase before rolling out 2 and 3..but ghis is their show and not mine..i just feel like i havent been fully kept up with and now i gotta wait on mine while people get great new shiny worjibg units?? Not cool in my book but cant win them all..my mighty and fury still trucking..

Djsleepy likes this.
  13. ginolicious

I’ll be honest they had issues with phase 1. It’s not uncommon. With phase 2 they corrected all those issues and knew what to look for. You cannot fault them for that. Rather I would fault them if they didn’t learn and keep rolling out same issues with the units on the newer phases. Also at the end of the day haze will fix your unit or sent a replacement. Not to mention the one free upgrade you get for being a pre order.

14. TKraus

TKraus New Member

I agree. The CS from Haze has been good and many improvements have already been made. Also when I ordered I kind of already had the impression that my unit might not arrive perfectly due to the early stages of production. I feel like this is to be expected with any "pre-release" type product.

Mattyboo42 likes this.
  15. mfw0mb

mfw0mb Dr. Octagon

Ok so after some more usage today, here's my long winded first impressions post. (I've fixed the broken images but some the broken codes won't let me delete them so apologies for the broken annoyances).

(TLDR = :rockon:)

First off, the Wanderlust package is huuuuge!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine came missing the 2 extra pod trays, and a blue silicone sleeve instead of the black I chose. Aside from that everything else was there. Packaged good. Damn this is probably way more than I realistically needed, but hey it'll be there when I need it. Perfect for the road trips. Missing the 2 trays though makes having all these extra pods feel total overkill haha. Once I get the extra 2 trays, I'll probably order another tray lid so I can just have 3 full sides to swap out like a dork. The wrong silicone sleeve isn't the end of the world as I probably won't even use it. The thin little bit around the MP storage is something I'll tear in a couple hours for sure.

Some manufacturing blemishes by the + / - buttons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some "air bubbles" randomly in the coating
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This random coating blemish on bottom side of the pod tray. Looks like a scratch, but the surface is still smooth feeling.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other than that, the unit looks great. Nice and smooth, feels good in the hand. No scratches yet. Will pass as a travel charger at first glance for sure. Size is nice, fits in the pocket but probably slightly too big for an everyday pocket pal. Mouthpiece fits nice in storage (when used correctly doh!). When using it though, it does still feel a little loose. Airflow feels fine, but not gonna lie, the MP itself feels a bit.... dainty I guess. Probably bc of the little bit of looseness. Going to try some different o-rings when I get some and see if making it feel more snug when in use makes it feel less..... dainty I guess. Not a deal breaker, still love using it, just general feedback.

Here's a pic of my factory coil.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've had a few more combustions that happened immediately as it turned green. Didn't record each time, but they all happened at various temp levels and orientation of being held (button on bottom, or on top, or upright). I think each time happened during the first pull of a fresh bowl. Maybe I filled or tamped it too much. The coil looks to be sitting perfectly flush with the unit, but the coil itself is sitting right up against the inner ceramic. Could this possibly cause the random combustions? I've used my fair share of vapes and tried to nudge it off the ceramic, but it sits right back onto it. I have 2 extra coils and could try get it to sit evenly, but I'm not messing with it if that isn't actually causing any problems. Just an idea if it was causing a hot spot on the ceramic.

How does your coil sit as far as evenness around the ceramic? Anyone else with combustion problems see anything similar?

Installed the app on PC. Works like a charm. I never thought I'd say this, but I love that you can change the LED colors. Would be nice if the actual RGB value could be used as well as the slider, ya know for all the graphic design nerds. Can we change the default blue "on" light? Would also be nice to change temps by single increments instead of by 5s or be able to manually type them in. Not a big deal, but again, extra nerdery.

Reprogrammed to:
    LVL1: - 335 F
    LVL2: - 360 F
    LVL3: - 370 F
    LVL4: - 390 F
    LVL5: - 430 F

Keeping it mostly between lvl 2-4 with flower since the reprogram. Recharging and refilled to test out how long it will last using it like this. Haven't used the concentrate pads yet, but will put one through the ringer full charge on Lvl 5 after this "normal flower use battery test".

Flavor on this thing is amazing! I appreciate that the flavor lasts longer than just the first 1 or 2 pulls. I think for my type of use, my favorites are currently LVL3 and 4. Not the largest clouds, but still pretty awesome vapor production. Using the fine grind plate on the GR8TR so far with no complaints. Going to try a more coarse grind next time. Gets you where you need to be for sure.

Getting different results on the ABV. Some were looking darker in the center and others were looking consistently light yellow and a little bit of green. I can see why this is a unit people have commented on keeping clean constantly though. After a couple uses it is a tad annoying when the screen filters have the abv stuck to it, making a bit of a mess. Tried using a pod with a silicone lid only to get just the middle to vape and the rest of the pod was pretty much still new (duh science). Maybe a lid with similar air holes like the filter and pods? Just a suggestion. This reason alone will be why I'll enjoy having the extra trays. Not having to mess with anything during the day or even the whole weekend would be pretty friggin awesome.

If I had to pick one complaint though, it's kind of annoying the unit doesn't "start" (blue blinking light) until after a second or so of pressing the button. Is this normal? My unit also takes a second to start charging when using both the usb-c wall wart or the usb to usb-c cable on PC. The charging delay doesn't really bother me, but the delay in the "start" is something I can see getting on my nerves.

Final thoughts though: :rockon::love::whoa:

Not gonna lie though, all this early product field testing is bringing out the old QA guy in me.

:myday:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  16. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Member

But remember the fine print at the bottom of the original marketing email said "incentives good for 1yr from shipping date" so hope upgrade or service needs happen before time expires!

TKraus, mfw0mb and Wildcat like this.
  17. ginolicious

[​IMG]

This is how much i packed in the session i spoke about last night with a light to medium tamp.

[​IMG]

This is the abv afterwards. After 15 or so hits on level 1 and 2 of the stock setting.

I have changed my lights and temperatures.

325F yellow
    340 Light blue
    350 dark purple
    365 burt orange
    395 red

Got 4 or 5 vapor hits on 325. Going to slowly step up temperature now. I do love this thing. Its is quite good. I have a new small scratch mark near the heater button. Not huge deal. I do have an issue with this app. Not having Celsius cability. That is a must over my timer for usage. Great high from such a low temp. I need to read the other posts above me, but damn not on my big tv. Needs to be my phone, hella ripped. Doubt i will vape this entire bowl.. We will see, im still going on 325. Bowl has been sitting for a while. Love it, reminds me of hitting bongs haha. It is so a bong.

Did another session just now. Was on 325, 340 and then jumped it up to 395. Had about 8-9 draws. All draws had visible vapor. Not as much as last night. I know why, look at the difference in size on my ABV. And yeah I could have gone longer on the bowl. I plugged by Square into the USB C charging brick, and yup, its charging.

[​IMG]

Wildcat, TKraus and Mattyboo42 like this.
  18. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

That seems like a decent pack to me. Glad to hear your unit can still fast charge though :tup:

19. ginolicious

@Mattyboo42 now you know why i was so high last night and had to tap out. Right now I am high, but I can function a lot better than I could last night. This is an excellent high for me. Limited anxiety for sure. Mind you the cyst on my wrist is killing me. Damn ganglions lol.

Mattyboo42 likes this.
  20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes, by people who vaporize marijuana but also seemingly don't know a thing about science.

It was a bit ago, but I did trace back as best I can to the original studies from which many/most of these temps were taken. ALL were done with pure samples, not in a complex plant matrix with a bunch of other stuff. Most were done in a vacuum but some were done at sea level of a standard atmosphere of 29.92 inches of mercury.

None of which is applicable to our vaping except in the most broad and general way.

Have a great day. :wave:

Oh, and I was referring to this chart which I believe you posted

[​IMG]

21. TKraus

TKraus New Member

Would you like to link any of these studies? I would like to read about it as well

22. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Like I said, I put in a LOT of hours with search engines and working from summary charts back to try to trace to the actual lab studies from which they were derived, but I didn't document it so it would have to be done again.

But, I believe that this is one from which I found a trail back to some source studies that listed test conditions.

http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf

23. TKraus

TKraus New Member

Interesting stuff, thanks

24. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Alright so for now it appears i fixed my charging issue but I don't know what exactly I did that worked. I tried multiple times to put a new firmware on it and the last time I tried the Square was about to go into the programming stage where it blinks blue rapidly and instead it went red then blue then red and blue and wouldn't stop. I assumed this means faulty software or I did a hard reset. It would be nice to know how to do a reboot and such...anyways, after trying that again I plugged the unit in to charge and it's actually working I really don't know how but it is. Now to see how long it lasts and eventually retrace my steps.

25. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Yo Baron. What I find intetesting in the chart is how CBN has only a marginally higher bp than CBD. And 185° is relatively low too. I hear all you say on its questionable and limited or unproven application to real life. But still interesting to think that CBN is released at very common, not even considered especially high temps.

And also the THCV being the lone runaway train out front. So the THCV will certainly be extracted or converted(?) with ABV edibles, and this would be a critical factor in how the ABV edibles always still have some potency even when pretty drained.

No specific poiny really just having an open think.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors