Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Not sure if I like the double button method... huge clouds at low temp, but yup pretty sure I combusted. NOt much just on the tips of my ground up weed. Here are some pics of the session. Vaped at 340F, 365F, 395.

Was about a .1-.2 packed.

my coil:

v7hQOeE.jpg

Bud:

GkG3Msi.jpg

Packed down a bit. Was a bit loose because I did open it up a few times to inspect the bud after my first few hits at 340F.

4SHcWqH.jpg

ABV. Has some combustion around the edges. Not much, very minimal. Not sure if that is because I did my draws too long with the double button. Maybe its a quick pull on the first press followed by another slow draw not long though on the second press. Did not enjoy taste on double press method. Not at all. The combustion only happened at 395F not at 340 or 365. But for some reason the flavour was real nice the second night I had this thing. Great taste and some decent vapor. Not as big as i had today. But I think slightly better taste with my original method of one press but less clouds than 2 press. But flavour is better woth 1 press. Guess it’s a trade off?

v2H8014.jpg

Last edited:

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
My coil was sitting up pretty high not really touching the pods but close. So I played around with the coil by taking it out and bending the pins and body so that the coil would sit flat inside it’s housing (Only took a couple minutes and now it’s sits nice and snug), I figured maybe it was too close to the pod and this was lending to my combustion issues.

Ahhhh cheeky coil! I didn't even think of the height of the physical coil rather than the whole ceramic housing sitting flush. I think this might be my problem. This coil is at a total angle. Should be an easy fix though.

IjyD3zZ.jpg

PgFAESo.jpg

After running the full battery with all 4 pods filled here are my results:

Packed with hand broken using the loading tool. Just nudged it down to even it out. Not sticking to the air filters as much for sure. I think I'll switch over the coarse plate for my ginder. Gave the Haze grinder to the shop apprentice since I have a couple already. Community service.

Temps:
440 (intended for conc.)

Pod 1:
L3 x 3 (pulls)
L4 x 3
L5 x 5

Pod 2:
L2 x 8
L3 x 2
L5 x 3

Pod 3:
L4 x 6
L5 x 7

Pod 4:
L3 x 7 (battery died)

(took pic before using pod 4 for OG reference)
1dLzRdN.jpg

Also Haze has said Phase 3 is planned for inventory on 6/21. Just around the corner.

b0

Cloudy...
@ginolicious IMO there is no combustion in your bowl, combustion will make the flowers black or ash.

Thanks guys for sharing photos of your units and ABV!!

Seems like my unit is on the way as well, should be here before the end of next week. Cant wait!! :D

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@ginolicious IMO there is no combustion in your bowl, combustion will make the flowers black or ash.

Thanks guys for sharing photos of your units and ABV!!

Seems like my unit is on the way as well, should be here before the end of next week. Cant wait!! :D
This issue is if you combust with this vape it's very well sealed and you'll notice combustion immediately as the combusted area is always touching the bottom of the pod so you wouldn't get ash or further combustion if you kill heat then try inhale right after.

And if you take a pic like Gino or some other previous supposed combust pics here it doesn't look that way.

I've have combustion at least 30 times and it's not all just a single spec of weed that starting getting charred.

paytonpenn,

ginolicious

@mfw0mb looks like you got some nice even ABV that’s for sure. For your cloud production, how was it? How was the taste on these bowls, and did you only use the single press method?

@b0 I was thinking that too regarding combustion. How does my ABV look? It feels like my camera didn’t pick up the very tiny black specs on the tips of the flower. But the odd thing is that at 395F with the double press method, you see that my clouds were disappearing. On one hit there was nothing and then I decided to empty the bowl. Now if I was combusting I should have been able to get smoke at that temperature right, but instead nothing came out, so I guess that’s a clear sign of no combustion as well?

So if it’s not combustion and that’s the consensus, maybe just small hot spots I got? Then I’m okay with it. But still saying yes huge clouds at 340F with double press, but I dunno flavour isn’t as good as a single press work wispy cloud.

Anyone else trying double button press? What’s all your consensus on my ABV

ginolicious,
Reactions: b0

Djsleepy

I am wrong!!!!!!! Never been so happy to be ....my baby is repaired and shipping today!!!!! It will miss fathers day but I'll have it by the fourth which iis my bday! Thanks @Haze Vaporizers for all the work. I will post updated review once I am air borne lol !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Getting consistent results with the button on top orientation at levels 2-4. Clouds without combustion

I’ve also been shaking the device (with mouth piece removed) or flipping the device to button-down position to stir the bowl or get the material a little closer to the heat source if needed.

I think I’m falling in love with the Square.

Brassmonkie369,

ginolicious

I don’t like the button on top method. Makes it awkward to push in my opinion especially if doing the double button press. @Brassmonkie369 were you don’t a single button press with button on top or a double?

ginolicious,

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
@mfw0mb what was your favorite bowl out of the 3 that you got to vape?

I'm leaning towards pod 2 but it's kind of a toss up between pod 2 and pod 3. Usually more of a fan of bigger clouds, but the flavor on pod 2 was amazing.

@mfw0mb looks like you got some nice even ABV that’s for sure. For your cloud production, how was it? How was the taste on these bowls, and did you only use the single press method?

I saw vapor on most of those pulls but pod 3 was the cloud winner for sure. Taste was still amazing. Pod 2 was the flavor winner though. All the pods had like 2 or 3 "fresh" tasting pulls, but on pod 2 that fresh taste didn't go away until like 5th pull. All single press method for that run. After reading squatch's post though, I recharged and reran them all at lvl5 double press method and got a good amount more out of it before tapping them out. I'm a fan of the double press.

As for combustion, each time I've combusted, it's been immediately as it turned green, and the pod itself was mostly black and charred up on the verge of ash. Left visible resin on the screens. Once I resit my coil though, I'm sure that problem will be fixed. Fairley certain that's the cause of my problems.

mfw0mb,
Reactions: Squatch

ginolicious

I managed to cough at 340F with double press haha. Tonight I may pack two bowls. Run them both at low temps. And then near the end of the night come back and finish me off at 395F with double pressing. I think that may be the way to use it. If what I’m getting is truly not combustion. Double press packs huge hits. May start bowls with single press for the flavour and then start doing double presses. I dunno I really notice a difference in taste between single and double press method.

After my bowl that I posted last night I packed much smaller one to try out double pressing. Was not as good. Yeah I got some clouds but did not last lot at all and seemed difficult to get performance. So regardless how you control the heater you need more than half a bowl. That I know for certain or else
Performance
Lacks.

Hope I have enough weed for the weekend on this thing.

ChickenNugget

I am wrong!!!!!!! Never been so happy to be ....my baby is repaired and shipping today!!!!! It will miss fathers day but I'll have it by the fourth which iis my bday! Thanks @Haze Vaporizers for all the work. I will post updated review once I am air borne lol !!!!!!!
So was this your third repair? When did you send it in?

ChickenNugget,

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
I managed to cough at 340F with double press haha.

I had a cough attack middle of pod 2 yesterday at 360F (single press). It can pack a punch for sure! hahaha. Tried a small micro pod too and the performance was lacking for sure. Gotta fill those bastards up for good times!

@ginolicious does your unit have a delay between pressing the button, and the unit starting/LED blinking? Want to know if this is normal, as it really is starting to annoy me. I think it's the combination of the minimal button movement with the delayed start making me question if I'm even pushing it in. Double pressing makes it even more of an annoyance. This would be my main gripe so far with this unit. Maybe if it had more of a "click" feeling when pushing it, the delay wouldn't annoy me. I do like the minimal button travel though, just wish it would start blinking when I pushed it, not a second or so after.

Anyone else out there functioning like this?

mfw0mb,

ginolicious

@mfw0mb Be honest never noticed how quickly it takes when I press it in. I think it starts blinking right after I push the heater button. But I always have my button down. I prefer using my thumb over my finger if the button is on top.

Not sure how you got a cough on a single press at 360F. It must have been a super slow and long draw.

If I do recall though, haze only recommended using a single push method. But you cannot argue with the clouds on a double press. Can’t wait for a full bowl at 340F with only double pressing. Wonder how that AVB is going to look.

ginolicious,

streetshaman

Hi everyone!

New to posting but I have lurked for a while =)

I jumped on the Haze Phase 2 preorder and received mine yesterday after stellar interactions with Haze customer service. The USPS package was a little crumpled on the bottom right corner as well as the white packaging box. BUT there was no cosmetic damage to the device or anything inside. I plugged it in and let it charge. Ran some errands and came back and it was still charging to my surprise.

Used the juice it had left to try a couple of pods out while keeping it plugged in to the wall charger. WOW! Great flavor on all temps. Clouds got wispy fast once the juice started going. Pass thru will no longer work as the battery is not even strong enough to turn it on.

So I guess the circuits could have gotten joggled if the box was a little pushed in on the corner but my guess is the battery or a faulty board as someone in this very long thread mentioned. Did anyone figure out a way to get the passthru to work or if ordering a new battery will fix it? I rteally need this thing to charge and dont want to wait for it to go out and back.

Thanks for being awesome guys, I've read the posts here many times while choosing different devices. Glad to start throwing my thoughts in to the mix =)

ginolicious

@mfw0mb when I do double press method, yes I get a
Delay sometimes for the blinking blue light.

Double press was great on these two bowls. I intend to post the full refine and pics of both bowls. Spilled iso on the paper. Waiting for it to dry.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

KMizzy

Has anyone who ordered Phase 3 heard anything?
Nope, but not exactly expecting to until the 20th(ish). Phase 2 got shipped out a little late, and those people got an email close to (a couple days? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) the expected shipping date, telling them shipping info.

KMizzy,

uhDAIRYuh

Nope, but not exactly expecting to until the 20th(ish). Phase 2 got shipped out a little late, and those people got an email close to (a couple days? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) the expected shipping date, telling them shipping info.
okay thanks, that makes sense.

uhDAIRYuh,

ginolicious

Good morning Everyone,

Last night, (Friday Night) I did some ultimate testing on a two bowls. I had to hand write everything down for you guys so I could transfer it to this board in the morning. I also have pics. Did spill ISO on the paper afterwards so this is going to be fun to read it. I like to wipe the pods and lids after every use with ISO and Q tip. Limit cleaning, removes any residue, keeps a fresh bowl for the next day. I got 15 Hits out of one bowl and 11 out of the other. For the last 2-3 hits I increased my temperature. I will explain what I did and the results I got throughout some of my draws that I recorded. I had no combustion. Double press method. Button on the bottom. Nice clouds. Love this thing. I have now gotten it dialed in. Light tamp just to flatten the material out.

This is the ABV from both bowls mixed together at the end of the session. Almost fully extracted:

oF6t551.jpg

2rp4qHi.jpg

Cooked ABV in the bowls:

9yP1M8N.jpg

Fresh bud packed and ready to go:

mINz92f.jpg

Bowl #2:

• Vaped at 365F and 3 final hits at 395F.
  • Took a total of 11 hits on this bowl.
  • 1st hit really good flavour.
  • 3rd hit can still taste good flavour and nice clouds.
  • 4th hit was a little hot for me, not good, could feel it in my lungs and chest minor burning, but damn was a real huge cloud. Had to sit for a bit after this.
  • 5th hit didn't see much vapor.
  • 6th hit was minimal vapor seen.
  • 7th hit no vapor.
  • 3 hits done at 395F and saw some cloud.
  • Did a final 4th hit at 395F and saw no vapor.

Bowl #3:

• Used at 325F.
  • Last two hits of the 15 total were done at 365F.
  • Around 4th or 5th hit taste was starting to fade.
  • 6th hit clouds started to fade.
  • 8th hit was still seeing some cloud.
  • High was very nice through this stage.
  • 10th hit getting popcorn taste.
  • 11th hit was very wispy and almost done.
  • 13th hit, no vapor seen.
  • 14th and 15th hit saw a bit of vapor cause I stepped up temperature to 365F.
I was sitting outside in the backyard with just a porch light on. I had 4-5 pints of some nice Muskoka Craft Lager as I was doing this testing. I find this vape a little more work than the Dual, gotta heat it, wait (not long) and then hit it. Its more user interactive, I like it. Heater button always down, never up, and never had combustion. NO combustion, good vapor production. Minimal tamp down to flatten pod, just to keep things uniform. Still have to pack big bowls as you can tell in the photos. Bowl 3 had less green spots, these pics were taken at night. Personally though I don't feel I could get much more out of the bud. Just needs micro dose pods. DO not like using so much.

I will be honest I think 325F bowl was my favourite. Great clouds and great taste for a lot longer. The 365F bowl I enjoyed. However was a stronger bowl, heavier high and warmer vapor. That one draw that burnt my chest and lungs was not fun and that is why I didn't enjoy that bowl as much. Thought my lung condition was coming back and I was not happy. But I powered through to get the testing complete. Enjoyed the functioning high at 325F. Cleaned it and then charged it ready for today now. Didn't take long, took about 20 minutes. Always like to keep her full and ready to go. This is an amazing product... Well wroth the wait. The Dual of mine is just sitting on the counter. Square has been my daily since I got in on Monday. Really wanted to get it dialed in. Was impatient. Now that I have it dialed in, its going to be a daily for me. Pack all 4 bowls and chill at the cottage and boom, never have to repack for the day, its perfect. At night I doubt I'll cycle through 4 bowls, unless I micro dose them. Not with the current size.

Last edited:

Stdudez

Hey guys - I've been dormant since my last post but actively and regularly experimenting with the Haze and too busy with work to post about it :lol:. Here are some of my findings:

1) I personally think the biggest factor actual cloudy vapor production with this vape is the humidity of the herbs. I'm normally the type that likes my bud a little on the moist side - which does not work well with this vape. I notice the SS vapor chambers gunk up super fast with wetter bud, and you get smaller clouds. As soon as I dried my bud out few hours and then put it back in the curing jars overnight LOOK OUT!!! The next morning I vaped a bowl and I was so high I could barely function going to host an Open House!! I used the lowest two temp settings, massive clouds on every draw, probably 15 or so total draws. AVB has been steadily and evenly extracted no combustion. As others have mentioned a little on the greener side, but then again I'm used to conduction vapes and I guess those brown the AVB more. In any case will make for nice Tinctures later :D

2) As for grinding I have been using my Chewy 2 electric grinder. This seems to be a perfect consistency for this vape. With my new found drier herb method I fill the bowl up to the brim, shuffle it around in the bowl until its evenly distributed including on the sides, and very lightly tamp it down to a little above 3/4 full. I've noticed as others have said trying for less that 3/4 bowl does not yield good results. With this method hardly any herb gets stuck to the SS screens and the drier herbs allow 3-4 bowls before a cleaning of the screens is necessary.

3) As far as the draw is concerned here is my new tried and true method. I hold the device with the button on the bottom - as that will *in theory* prevent the herbs from sticking to the SS screens. I also believe if you draw super hard you won't be able to prevent bud from sticking to the screens no matter how you hold it. I now have a feel for it to where I speed up and slow down my draws based on the flavor and temp of the air hitting my tougue. I've nearly perfected it to where I get monster draws off of low temp settings. Furthermore as others have mentioned - I've experimented around with single versus double pressing.... double pressing for me gives big clouds but also runs a high risk of combustion and almost always tastes like burnt popcron no matter how delicate I try to be. Its not worth it for me. Instead what I do is I start my draw the moment I press the button. If you notice - when you press the button and look at the air intake, there is about a 1 second heat up before you see the coil gets red hot, and then it cools off quickly and the led goes green - which is when Haze says you should draw. If you start drawing before the button turns green you are drawing during the coil being at its hottest point. If you draw too hard on the first 1-3 hits using this method you may combust, so be super careful and draw lighter on the first few hits. After the bud warms up a bit you don't have to be as careful. Using this method I am getting MONSTER draws and they all taste like fresh green for at least the first 7-8 draws. Then, naturally, it loses flavor as the bowl is extracted. My AVB has been consistent and very extracted using this method.

4) Lastly, my initial concerns of the seals being too small on the mouthpiece have been washed away. That had nothing to do with the light whispy clouds I was experiencing at first. I believe it was mostly my bud being too moist, and my imperfect packing/tamping techniques at the time. It's still "loose" but I've also been using the silicone sleeve on my device for easy gripping and to prevent scratching the unit when passing amongst my heavy handed friends - and I notice that also pushes on the mouthpeice a bit keeping it tight.

All in all I am now a SUPER happy Haze Square owner. It takes technique guys you just have to find what works for you. Stay vaped, kids! :leaf::sherlock::science::freak:

ginolicious

It’s very true. You Need to find what works for you. I don’t get burnt popcorn on first few draws with double press method. Only near the 10th draw that happens. But for some reason I’m yet to combust on this device. I may resort back to a single press method but I don’t need to. My performance is not hurt. Maybe at higher temps I’ll stick to single press where as lower I’ll stick to double press. Get those nice clouds and flavour on the low setting is phenomenal double press or single. That’s what I’ve noticed.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Stdudez
Top Bottom