Discontinued Haze Square

Lazy Lighting

I would be one of the few on the GNU Linux bandwagon wishing to avoid a VM. (Leave Windows nightmares for work.) Wish the app could be ported over. Wish I were a developer to help!

In the meantime, I could live with an Android app connected thru my USB-C OTG cable. Wishful thinking...?
If they made a Linux version you could make a slick handheld interface with a raspberry pi zero and a touch screen.

Lazy Lighting,
Reactions: Barnacleaz

Whisper

Got my unit packed up and gonna ship her back in. I am real sad as I fell in love with it but I know haze has my back. I was worried about sending it in while it was flashing and vibrating so I removed the battery which was easy enough. And after 3 days no flashing or vibrating..this baby does have longevity going..lol..but I’m eager to get it back and haven’t even sent yet.
I am going to do the same. They gave me an address, did you get free shipping back to Haze? I did not. It doesn't really matter, I guess....

Whisper,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I am going to do the same. They gave me an address, did you get free shipping back to Haze? I did not. It doesn't really matter, I guess....
Wait! They are not paying shipping both ways?

Anyone who has spoken with them and then shipped what was your experience?

@Haze Vaporizers please clarify

RogueGuy,

Volteric

How are you packing your pods? I'm packing it about 3/4 full with a slight tamp down to make the load even. Trying to refine my process

That’s what I’m finding optimum, namely I’m
filling close to the top but only very slightly tamped. I seem to get less air flow/less even abv if I tamp down too firmly. I load each chamber just as I do a FF2.

In terms of vapor quality/heat/harshness I’d say it feels like somewhere between a FF2 (cooler) and a Grasshopper (hotter)

Volteric,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer

@Haze Vaporizers please clarify
We either send return labels or we send free accessories. Customer choice. Some people asked for a label and some asked for accessories but we do pay either way.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
How are you packing your pods? I'm packing it about 3/4 full with a slight tamp down to make the load even. Trying to refine my process
I've only ran through maybe 5 pods so it's hard to say, but I basically did mine how you described. Very minimal tamping, tight enough to hold heat but loose enough to pass air.

Hitting it "normally" (with a single press of The Button) produced lighter hits and required more draws to finish. Bowls I ran with a second press of The Button during the heat cycle had very fast extraction, basically 1-2 low temp hits and then 1 hit at lvl 3-4. That last is voluminous, too! Again, limited data, but the Square is a beast!

I'm currently on my fourth pod for this charge and batt is still orange, which I'm pleasantly surprised to see after reading reports of people who couldn't get four full pods out of theirs.

Well, they do meet you half-way with the return shipping, and you could probably get whatever accessory you want for your trouble soooo if you can wait a few days, you'll be happy in the end :)

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Thanks for replies on shipping.

Mine will only heat 2-3 hits and then won't heat for hours. So sending it in.

I do like this Vape for flower but had a lot of mess for little vapor with oil. No matter how little I use, it always ends up leaking out of the lid into the air path. I even tried using both screens in one bowl with material sandwiched between.

@Haze Vaporizers response a few pages back was that it did not leak.

Has anyone had luck with oil ?

Last edited:
RogueGuy,
Reactions: KLo

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Thanks for replies on shipping.

Mine will only heat 2-3 hits and then won't heat for hours. So sending it in.

I do like this Vape for flower but had a lot of mess for little vapor with oil. No matter how little I use it always ends up leaking out of the lid into the air path. I even tried using both screens in one bowl with material sandwiched between.

@Haze Vaporizers response a few pages back was that it did not leak.

If your unit is not heating properly, it will only melt it instead of extracting and will leak of course. We will check yours out

Haze Vaporizers,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
I did one pod of oil last night. I tried sandwiching my material between the two provided pads after reading about the experiences other people were having, seemed to work fine. I also thought that if I do a single pad, that I should put the concentrate on the "bottom" of the pad(the part that touches the bottom of the pod). When in use, the pad will(hopefully) fall to the screen and not be stuck to the "bottom" of the pod. Then, when you hit it the material melts into your pad instead of just mucking up the screen/airpath.

On a side note, here's the ABV from today's loads:

swuare_zpsxozcdsre.png

The darker one on the bottom right was packed fuller/tighter than the others which I think probably accounts for the difference. Airflow was more obstructed, load got hotter.

Still have some battery, too. Gonna give that single pad trate theory a whirl...

Edit: Got two large draws on the lvl 5 preset using the double press method...

20180502_214053_zpsqef2ukqy.jpg

Surface of the pad is pretty much clean, but it's sticky to the touch. That little bit in the bottom of the pod could probably be vaped off but I'm too high to attempt it right now...screen is sticky but otherwise normal looking.

Last edited:

KLo

No Ember

We either send return labels or we send free accessories. Customer choice. Some people asked for a label and some asked for accessories but we do pay either way.

I was offered extra pods but took 1 day shipping back to them instead.

Was given the option for label or accessories. Went with accessories; will be a surprise as not sure what will be in the return. Haze did the 1-day turnaround. Guess 3-days in the post? itchy

I do like this Vape for flower but had a lot of mess for little vapor with oil. No matter how little I use, it always ends up leaking out of the lid into the air path. I even tried using both screens in one bowl with material sandwiched between.

Forever on the prowl for a decent oil-botanical delivery system. Some concentrates require the high temps, others not so much. Coils burn out just when you need them the most. Placing all bets on flower-trate-flower sandwich ss pad on top for now? 3 days is so far away

KLo,

Raptor5150

Since i don't own a Square I can't understand what happened based from your pic, could you elaborate please?

There are these too plastic gasket thingies idk what they are tbh... But they help the rubix cube portion turn.

Mine will stay in once i secure the bowl section and it will turn normally but, when it falls out and its not in there the turning action is very unstable..

@Haze Vaporizers could explain it better but I have no idea how it sheered off like that.

Raptor5150,
Reactions: PPN

Petunia Vanish

I ordered a spare battery I'm interested to see how easy that is to install. And with the other new accessories they're coming out with such as the microdosing has anyone received pictures of those

Funny side note I've had to send back the herbal air Elite three different units/years 2015 2016 and 2017.

They only provided a 3-year warranty and I assume my new unit will fail next year however with Haze I'm happy there's a 10-year warranty

Last edited by a moderator:

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Sooo this just happened as I was rotating bowls :(

B5rLxbB.jpg

Gonna need a replacement after next weekend methinks.. @Haze Vaporizers :(

Careful with rotating your bowls fellas.

That thing is looking rough for a one week old vape! Maybe it's the lighting/flash.

How many bowls would you say you have put through it (rough estimate?)

StonerSloth,

b0

Cloudy...
I did one pod of oil last night. I tried sandwiching my material between the two provided pads after reading about the experiences other people were having, seemed to work fine. I also thought that if I do a single pad, that I should put the concentrate on the "bottom" of the pad(the part that touches the bottom of the pod). When in use, the pad will(hopefully) fall to the screen and not be stuck to the "bottom" of the pod. Then, when you hit it the material melts into your pad instead of just mucking up the screen/airpath.

On a side note, here's the ABV from today's loads:

swuare_zpsxozcdsre.png

The darker one on the bottom right was packed fuller/tighter than the others which I think probably accounts for the difference. Airflow was more obstructed, load got hotter.

Still have some battery, too. Gonna give that single pad trate theory a whirl...

Edit: Got two large draws on the lvl 5 preset using the double press method...

20180502_214053_zpsqef2ukqy.jpg

Surface of the pad is pretty much clean, but it's sticky to the touch. That little bit in the bottom of the pod could probably be vaped off but I'm too high to attempt it right now...screen is sticky but otherwise normal looking.

Thanks a lot for those abv photos. Just curious, what temps are you using? Do you think it could vape the meds a bit more?

The itch for this vape is starting to be big!! the customer service and warranty for haze is amazing, the kind of company I like to support for sure. I also like that it should be perfect for sharing with someone and each one can have his own 2 pods, but best of the best is being able to have up to 4 different strains. Also really looking forward to see those smaller bowls.

What I'm not sure about is, this next batch comes with the anodized bowls or the new ones?

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Still getting inconsistent results, and I'm not sure why. When it works, it's great, and then it doesn't.

So I loaded up 2 bowls yesterday - same bud, same grind, same pack (full and lightly tamped). Started at 385 and first bowl I did 2 hita at 1pm, set it down for another 2 hits at 3, and about 4 hits a 6, turned it up to 395 and finished it off with about 2 final hits. The "on demand" concept worked great all throughout the day - so tasty, so powerful.

So later that evening, decided to share the full un-vaped bowl with friend. Tried 3-4 hits at 385, almost nothing. Several more at 390, very light. Finally upped to 400 and still almost nothing. Fiddled with it, squeezed it, but that bowl was done.

Here what the ABV looked like:

The far right is the one that I vaped all day - it's fully vaped with a few very dark specs. The one on the left looked barely vaped, a lot of green still there, not fully vaped.

So all I can figure is it's an airflow issue. Sometimes it's sealed correctly and heats to temp, other times not so much.

I tightened the center screw - it look about a 1/4 turn - and I'll see if it works better. It does feel tighter when switching bowls, but not overly so.

On another note, I got the easy load tray, which made cleaning the unit fully a real breeze. Very impressed with ease of cleaning - even with all those parts. Whole thing took less than 10 minutes, quick alcohol soak for the metal, swabbed the rest, it's like new.

I really do like this unit, and I remember all the little things with the first Dual, and how perfectly it runs now. I know Haze is on it!

RobTheThrone

I was offered extra pods but took 1 day shipping back to them instead.

However from the warehouse they shipped it back 3 day :(

Oh well all i want is a functional unit.
I paid $28 for next day shipping to them myself and after seeing your post I asked for just free next day shipping back to me. They said the user who said he got free next day shipping is mistaken. Are you sure you got free next day shipping to them?

Last edited:
RobTheThrone,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I paid $28 for next day shipping to them myself and after seeing your post I asked for just free next day shipping back to me. They said the user who said he got free next day shipping is mistaken. Are you sure you got free next day shipping to them?
We did not give anyone free overnight shipment guys. We ship USPS Priority. It is nationwide 1-3 day delivery. I said that we dedicated staff to this seal issue to turn it around the same day or next day so none of the returned units sit here for few days.

Flame Gucci

What’s going on here?? Looks like it was movement then shipped back to Roswell now show acceptance pending! Thought it was already accepted well what was being tracked? Well anyway I’m not getting it back today after sending it in for repair. I should have just drove to the store myself since I’m not far.
urxfpa953pfhcdjv.png

Flame Gucci,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
What’s going on here?? Looks like it was movement then shipped back to Roswell now show acceptance pending! Thought it was already accepted well what was being tracked? Well anyway I’m not getting it back today after sending it in for repair. I should have just drove to the store myself since I’m not far.
urxfpa953pfhcdjv.png
Looks like a wrong scan code from USPS Staff to me as i can clearly see in your screenshot that expected delivery for today by 8.00PM. Can we wait and see what happens by 8.00PM before giving up?

Flame Gucci

Looks like a wrong scan code from USPS Staff to me as i can clearly see in your screenshot that expected delivery for today by 8.00PM. Can we wait and see what happens by 8.00PM before giving up?
Yes USPS is never good to me lol. We will see tho my mail normally comes around 3. It’s not Haze fault it’s USPS.

Top Bottom