Discontinued Haze Square

RobTheThrone

This might be a dumb question, but you are powering the unit on right? Took me a minute to realize it doesn’t connect in like a standby capacity and needs to be on for the app to see it
Figured it out last night. That was definitely the problem. Figured out why I was combusting as well. You're not supposed to keep holding the button. Now I'm just not getting any vapor even though I'm using the right technique. Also still having the charging problem. Hoping to hear back from Haze today instructions to send it in.

RobTheThrone,

ginolicious

Figured it out last night. That was definitely the problem. Figured out why I was combusting as well. You're not supposed to keep holding the button. Now I'm just not getting any vapor even though I'm using the right technique. Also still having the charging problem. Hoping to hear back from Haze today instructions to send it in.

Can you elaborate on this? You are saying you don’t need to hold the button for the entire draw? That way you don’t combust? But yet you were not getting any vapor? Pretty sure you gotta hold for the entire draw. And if you are combusting you have a broken unit

Last edited:
ginolicious,

RobTheThrone

Can you elaborate on this? You are saying you don’t need to hold the button for the entire draw? That way you don’t combust? But yet you were not getting any vapor? Pretty sure you gotta hold for the entire draw. And if you are combusting you have a broken unit
These are the tips Haze sent me in a PM:

You can combust even at 350-360 like any other device. I would recommend this:

Check your pods where it is combusting. If it is combusting at a specific spot, it means that the hot air makes a path for itself and bypassing the rest of the herb inside the pod.

1) Grind better. Finer grind.
2) Pack it tight. Once you fill your pod, push the herb down with your thumb so it is snug.
3) Make sure that you stainless steel air filters are clean.
4) Once the light turns green, start inhaling but do not keep the button down too long. 1-2 second extra press down after the green is more than enough.
5) Take the temperatures down. Use the app to set temps at lower. 400F is way too high for convection vaporizers in my opinion. Especially for the Square as it delivers 3-4 times power to the chambers compared to other convection vapes.

Volteric

These are the tips Haze sent me in a PM:

You can combust even at 350-360 like any other device. I would recommend this:

Check your pods where it is combusting. If it is combusting at a specific spot, it means that the hot air makes a path for itself and bypassing the rest of the herb inside the pod.

1) Grind better. Finer grind.
2) Pack it tight. Once you fill your pod, push the herb down with your thumb so it is snug.
3) Make sure that you stainless steel air filters are clean.
4) Once the light turns green, start inhaling but do not keep the button down too long. 1-2 second extra press down after the green is more than enough.
5) Take the temperatures down. Use the app to set temps at lower. 400F is way too high for convection vaporizers in my opinion. Especially for the Square as it delivers 3-4 times power to the chambers compared to other convection vapes.

Strangely I have found the optimal experience on the lowest setting. Smooth tasty clouds. At higher temps I was combusting or near combusting. I begin my drawn before the green light/buzz and don’t go on for more than 7-8 seconds. It’s like adding some more cool circulation to it=cooler vape.

Andorinter

I combusted can't get the smell out either.

Obviously the silicone can't be soaked in iso but how about the rest of the tray? In a perfect world I'd have the cleaning solution from Haze but I'd rather try something at home first if possible.

The airpath tastes terrible now. What have you done to clean your square following combustion?

ginolicious

Is this a convection only thing to combust? I’ve never had the Dual V3 to combust. Now I’m scared to pre order if combusting is possible. I feel my V3 is idiot proof and I never combusted.

Volteric

I combusted can't get the smell out either.

Obviously the silicone can't be soaked in iso but how about the rest of the tray? In a perfect world I'd have the cleaning solution from Haze but I'd rather try something at home first if possible.

What have you done to clean your square following combustion?

I don’t know if this is advised but I took the whole side with chambers, popped out chambers and tray and the silver side of the second half of unit and soaked it all in iso for 10 mintutes. Got most of that char out but I do agree if you don’t get on that right away that smell isn’t fully going away.

Volteric,
Reactions: steama

Andorinter

I don’t know if this is advised but I took the whole side with chambers, popped out chambers and tray and the silver side of the second half of unit and soaked it all in iso for 10 mintutes. Got most of that char out but I do agree if you don’t get on that right away that smell isn’t fully going away.
I've got it all apart now, everything that doesn't require a wrench .trying to determine now if I should just soak the whole unit with the screen or not

Andorinter,
Reactions: steama

Andorinter

Take apart what you would do in a deep clean. First ISO clean everything. Then take a Windex spray bottle (or generic window cleaner - the blue stuff) and spray down and wash every piece with Windex, dry, reassemble, and the burnt taste and odor should be gone. Good-luck.

:myday:
Thank you, started the process , will update at the end

Edit: one 10 minute soak got about 40% of the smell out . Soaking for 20 more minutes with a fresh batch of iso. Spot cleaned the mouthpiece intake with a cotton swab with the slightest dab of Windex. Worked pretty well.

Edit 2: a 20 minute soak did the trick. I was apprehensive about soaking the whole body (not the battery part duh, the part that you turn to lock it in place with the metal screens.) but it turned out ok. Just waiting on it to dry.

Is this a convection only thing to combust? I’ve never had the Dual V3 to combust. Now I’m scared to pre order if combusting is possible. I feel my V3 is idiot proof and I never combusted.
I was probably hitting it too fast on too high of a heat setting. I have only been using stock settings. I'm trying to experiment to get the biggest hits without combusting . I failed, haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Soooo I know the red blinking light means charging, and the green light means fully charged, but what does an alternating green/yellow light mean?

Jambi619,
Reactions: Volteric

Volteric

Soooo I know the red blinking light means charging, and the green light means fully charged, but what does an alternating green/yellow light mean?

I’m not sure. Mine blinks red while charging but never gets to green after a full overnight charge. I have no idea why.

Volteric,

Raptor5150

Pretty sure this means its like almost done like at 90% or something more than half done

Raptor5150,
Reactions: Jambi619

Zondo

Just that dude
It has to do with updating the software on the Square, via a thumb drive

Zondo,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Pretty sure this means its like almost done like at 90% or something more than half done
I think you might be right....

Played with it some more...seems to happen when I do the long press of the power button to check the battery level while charging...still weird tho. It had got pretty warm on the charger, then that happened I was like :uhoh:

Did a test hit....lowest temp....massive first-hit cloud pulsing the power button once to extend the heater's timer. Seem to get better results when I double tap The Button, reminds me of how I kinda pulse the heat on my Lotus by bobbing the torch closer/further to/from the hotplate.

First impressions of the silicone sleeve...the mouthpiece storage cutout needs some work, the thin part near the edge where the two halves meet is loose and binds with the mouthpiece when I put it in. The whole sleeve needs to be more snug, or it needs a thicker cutout along the length of the MP and only get thin on the corner/opening to the MP slot. Also, a way to identify which pod you're on would be helpful., but I can just sharpie it since the sleeve only goes on one way. I like the look, and it does help with the unit getting warm mid-sesh.

I also have the carry case...seems ok, fits the vape, lo but I'm not sure what the velcro on the back is for...flimsy belt loop with no functional purpose, maybe? :shrug: It'd also be nice to have a way to load the the charger in there....

Ya know, now that I look at it, I think the charger might be larger than the vape itself! :p
Either that, or this thing has me fkn faded:spliff:

Edit: faded AF!!!

Last edited:

Barnacleaz

Speaking of funky air path taste, I wonder if anyone is using this for or alternating with non-tobacco (or tobacco) "other" herbal blends? Would that somehow be counter-intuitive to the way this thing is designed? I am guessing at lower temps the difference might be negligible. Dunno, thoughts? Too many choices with 4 portable ovens!

Barnacleaz,

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
So if I order now will I get a working device / has the charging issues and airflow( silicone fitment) issues been fixed and will they be quality checked for the next shipment

Mr. White,

Squatch

Exister
So if I order now will I get a working device / has the charging issues and airflow( silicone fitment) issues been fixed and will they be quality checked for the next shipment

If you order now you’ll be in for the next shipment which the site says will ship around 5/30...and I am sure Haze will make sure this next batch has resolved all of the current issues. I wouldn’t hesitate to order...Haze is awesome.

ginolicious

Second batch of pre orders you still get the deep cleaning tray and so forth?

Can anyone comment on the fee to ship to Canada?

ginolicious,

ginolicious

1 free upgrade is enticing. That’s for sure. I’m contemplating order a couple more chambers. After 2 years with the dual V3 my canisters are a little beat up.

ginolicious,

Andorinter

I think you might be right....

Played with it some more...seems to happen when I do the long press of the power button to check the battery level while charging...still weird tho. It had got pretty warm on the charger, then that happened I was like :uhoh:

Did a test hit....lowest temp....massive first-hit cloud pulsing the power button once to extend the heater's timer. Seem to get better results when I double tap The Button, reminds me of how I kinda pulse the heat on my Lotus by bobbing the torch closer/further to/from the hotplate.

First impressions of the silicone sleeve...the mouthpiece storage cutout needs some work, the thin part near the edge where the two halves meet is loose and binds with the mouthpiece when I put it in. The whole sleeve needs to be more snug, or it needs a thicker cutout along the length of the MP and only get thin on the corner/opening to the MP slot. Also, a way to identify which pod you're on would be helpful., but I can just sharpie it since the sleeve only goes on one way. I like the look, and it does help with the unit getting warm mid-sesh.

I also have the carry case...seems ok, fits the vape, lo but I'm not sure what the velcro on the back is for...flimsy belt loop with no functional purpose, maybe? :shrug: It'd also be nice to have a way to load the the charger in there....

Ya know, now that I look at it, I think the charger might be larger than the vape itself! :p
Either that, or this thing has me fkn faded:spliff:

Edit: faded AF!!!
How are you packing your pods? I'm packing it about 3/4 full with a slight tamp down to make the load even. Trying to refine my process

Andorinter,
Reactions: Volteric

subway13029

Got my unit packed up and gonna ship her back in. I am real sad as I fell in love with it but I know haze has my back. I was worried about sending it in while it was flashing and vibrating so I removed the battery which was easy enough. And after 3 days no flashing or vibrating..this baby does have longevity going..lol..but I’m eager to get it back and haven’t even sent yet.

RobTheThrone

Got my unit packed up and gonna ship her back in. I am real sad as I fell in love with it but I know haze has my back. I was worried about sending it in while it was flashing and vibrating so I removed the battery which was easy enough. And after 3 days no flashing or vibrating..this baby does have longevity going..lol..but I’m eager to get it back and haven’t even sent yet.
I feel your pain. Sent mine in with next day shipping yesterday and it just arrived there this evening. Sadly it's my only vape so I'm back to smoking until it comes in.

RobTheThrone,
Top Bottom