Discontinued Haze Square

RobTheThrone

No issues with the app. Please ensure that you are running the latest Win 10 version (apply updates). Please make sure that your unit is turned on and using Haze supplied data. able. If you still have problems, PM me and we can troubleshoot for you.

I am halfway through PMs.
I sent a PM already, but I will update windows and see if that helps.

RobTheThrone,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Anyone having inconsistent heating problems? Sometimes it does not seem to get hot.

Thanks for tip @Zondo on the safety, pushed it in, hold button, coil fires up but then when it vibrates or right after, to indicate its ready, the coil goes dark. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the highest and lowest setting or any consistency between consecutive button pushes in the length of time the coil is red.

@Haze Vaporizers is the coil intended to be on the entire time the button is pressed after the vibration? Or is if made to get hot and turn off. What I'm drawing on the unit I can see that just as it starts to glow it vibrates and then all the heat cuts off.

MonkeyTime

Anyone having inconsistent heating problems? Sometimes it does not seem to get hot.

Thanks for tip @Zondo on the safety, pushed it in, hold button, coil fires up bug then when it vibrates or right after, it shuts off. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the highest and lowest setting or any consistency between consecutive button pushes in the length of time the coil is red.

@Haze Vaporizers is the coil intended to be on the entire time the button is pressed after the vibration? Or is if made to get hot and turn off. What I'm drawing on the unit I can see that just as it starts to blow it vibrates and then all the heat cuts off.

You are holding the button down after it turns green right? Thru the whole hit.....That's been an issue for some :uhoh:

MonkeyTime,

Flame Gucci

Thanks for tip @Zondo on the safety, pushed it in, hold button, coil fires up but then when it vibrates or right after, to indicate its ready, the coil goes dark. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the highest and lowest setting or any consistency between consecutive button pushes in the length of time the coil is red.

@Haze Vaporizers is the coil intended to be on the entire time the button is pressed after the vibration? Or is if made to get hot and turn off. What I'm drawing on the unit I can see that just as it starts to blow it vibrates and then all the heat cuts off.
Not sure but I noticed this with mine as well. I think it’s heats red hot when the button is pressed and then maybe then the temp gets regulated to maintain a steady temp. Shouldn’t be red hot the entire time

Flame Gucci,

subway13029

Apologies if I have missed this....

If my unit has been off for a while and I try to turn it on with the three button presses, it vibrates and briefly turns blue and then it turns back off. If I then push the button three times it turns on no problem.

What is the first flash of blue for?
Mine did that but unfortunately mine isn’t working at all now. I’m still awaiting word on what to do..mine has been flashing red and vibrating for about 15 hours straight..whether the unit is on or off..its driving me crazy..I don’t know what to do. As I said I haven’t heard back from haze. This started after it worked like a dream for a whole battery cycle and then I charged it and took off charger and in the middle of the night it started flashing red and vibrating and it won’t stop. If I turn on with 3 clicks it will flash blue with a yellow undertone. And still vibrate. It was vaping so damn good. I can’t believe this.. I want my ofunctional haze back..lol..cmon @Haze Vaporizers where ya at..this is defcon 6 here..

subway13029,
Reactions: FC123

Zondo

Just that dude

@Haze Vaporizers is the coil intended to be on the entire time the button is pressed after the vibration? Or is if made to get hot and turn off. What I'm drawing on the unit I can see that just as it starts to glow it vibrates and then all the heat cuts off.
@Haze Vaporizers beat me to it. If you look to the middle right side of the ceramic piece, you'll see the tiny thermistor. So it's normal.

Squatch

Exister
Mine was shipped the 19th and I paid the extra $24 to have it overnighted because I was leaving for vacation on the 20th. The package was lost for 5 days showing up the 25th long after I had left for vacation. I was pretty upset but realized it was USPS fault and not Haze (they actually kept in touch with me and after it arrived the 25th they promptly refunded my $24 for the express mail I had paid for).

Couldn’t wait to try it out so when I got home I opened it up and soon realized I had the seal issue. Contacted Haze and sent it back today with hopes it’ll be back in my hands Friday. I understand that these kinds of things happen and Haze is on top of it. I’ve loved my Dual V3 for the past 2 years and even though I only got to use the square for a short period of time (pinching the top of the unit while drawing made it function properly) I can already tell that this thing is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

The four bowls are where it’s at for me, I only fill my Dual once a day vaping both bowls 2 times (once at heat level 1 and again at heat level 3...which gets me medicated both times) so having the extra 2 bowls means I’ll go a couple days before needing to refill which is awesome. Also I usually mix a little THC heavy Motordawg together with some CBD heavy BLUEBERRY before loading the screens into the Dual to get the best of both worlds. However having the extra 2 bowls now I can load up each strain in its own pod and vape them together yet separately, so I can choose how much to dose of each to get my desired results (I find this pretty awesome in itself, I suppose I could have loaded the 2 strains in separate screens on the haze but I’d have to heat each bowl separately and would waste a lot of good herb in the process).

Being able to save on product due to the on demand heat is just icing on the cake...I usually have to time how long the V3 is powered on so not to cause any overheating or combustion, well with the Square that’s old news!

I’m very happy and satisfied with this thing...Haze hit it out of the park with this one for me...:goon::rockon::leaf:

Can’t wait to get it back...

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
thanks @MonkeyTime , @Flame Gucci, @Haze Vaporizers.

How about advice in concentrates. Mine are shatter to hard taffy. Both bowls ended up leaking out both sides, more on the air path side. My oil was like 1/4 pea size.

Just hit a couple of Jaeger, when its hitting it does the trick.

RogueGuy,

MonkeyTime

How about advice in concentrates. Mine are shatter to hard taffy. Both bowls ended up leaking out both sides, more on the air path side. My oil was like 1/4 pea size.

Just hit a couple of Jaeger, when its hitting it does the trick.

Was it centered and all in one place or spread over the pad? Sounds like a very large (can we call that much a) dab.

I only tried trates once or twice, so I'm speaking from limited experience. But many of these vaporizers that can also do trates, but were designed for flower, can't handle large amounts.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: P.A.M.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Was it centered and all in one place or spread over the pad? Sounds like a very large (can we call that much a) dab.

I only tried trates once or twice, so I'm speaking from limited experience. But many of these vaporizers that can also do trates, but were designed for flower, can't handle large amounts.
Yes big blob in center.

Just tried again, much better. I thinly buttered each pad on one side and dropped them in oil up. They leaked out of the silicone caps onto the air screens but It seems acceptable. Unless what I'm seeing is resin from rosin.

I found with both flower and oil you need 2-3 hits to get it really going. Anyone else find this. Also if you start drawing as you push the button it seems to help pre heat.

RogueGuy,
Reactions: P.A.M.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
OK @Haze Vaporizers I think we have a winner.

Been using it all night and figuring out the sweet spot.

Is it OK to keep it plugged in all the time or does it need to run down completely between charges?

MonkeyTime

Yes big blob in center.

Just tried again, much better. I thinly buttered each pad on one side and dropped them in oil up. They leaked out of the silicone caps onto the air screens but It seems acceptable. Unless what I'm seeing is resin from rosin.

I found with both flower and oil you need 2-3 hits to get it really going. Anyone else find this. Also if you start drawing as you push the button it seems to help pre heat.

The 1-2 "primer" hits with a convection vape are normal. You're heating the load and removing any moisture that's there and the heat is being used for that instead of vaporizing what we're looking for.

Conduction vapes by nature heat the load and achieve that while heating the oven.

Try hitting it very slowly to start after it turns green, ramping up to your normal draw. This may bring it down to one extra hit to prime it.

You can also make sure your material is dry.

Glad you found your sweet spot and are enjoying it! :cheers:

Last edited:

StonerSloth

cui bono?

Yes big blob in center.

You may want to make an effort to try to keep the Square horizontal with 'lids up' when it is warm and you have concentrates in the oven(s.) The vape itself gets warm enough to liquefy your shatter so I imagine that is what is happening...

Does anyone else have real world success loading decently large sized concentrate bowls in the Square? For me it's not worth doing if it is going to be load-as-you-go.. Too many other devices where the chamber is way easier to get at (Sai.)

StonerSloth,

ginolicious

Mine was shipped the 19th and I paid the extra $24 to have it overnighted because I was leaving for vacation on the 20th. The package was lost for 5 days showing up the 25th long after I had left for vacation. I was pretty upset but realized it was USPS fault and not Haze (they actually kept in touch with me and after it arrived the 25th they promptly refunded my $24 for the express mail I had paid for).

Couldn’t wait to try it out so when I got home I opened it up and soon realized I had the seal issue. Contacted Haze and sent it back today with hopes it’ll be back in my hands Friday. I understand that these kinds of things happen and Haze is on top of it. I’ve loved my Dual V3 for the past 2 years and even though I only got to use the square for a short period of time (pinching the top of the unit while drawing made it function properly) I can already tell that this thing is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

The four bowls are where it’s at for me, I only fill my Dual once a day vaping both bowls 2 times (once at heat level 1 and again at heat level 3...which gets me medicated both times) so having the extra 2 bowls means I’ll go a couple days before needing to refill which is awesome. Also I usually mix a little THC heavy Motordawg together with some CBD heavy BLUEBERRY before loading the screens into the Dual to get the best of both worlds. However having the extra 2 bowls now I can load up each strain in its own pod and vape them together yet separately, so I can choose how much to dose of each to get my desired results (I find this pretty awesome in itself, I suppose I could have loaded the 2 strains in separate screens on the haze but I’d have to heat each bowl separately and would waste a lot of good herb in the process).

Being able to save on product due to the on demand heat is just icing on the cake...I usually have to time how long the V3 is powered on so not to cause any overheating or combustion, well with the Square that’s old news!

I’m very happy and satisfied with this thing...Haze hit it out of the park with this one for me...:goon::rockon::leaf:

Can’t wait to get it back...

That’s very interesting and never thought of it like that. Pack a few different strains and rotate through them and won’t burn through the bud like the V3 would.

Did hits are you guys drawing with the button pressed? Or are you guys releasing the button after it heads up to draw?

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
You may want to make an effort to try to keep the Square horizontal with 'lids up' when it is warm and you have concentrates in the oven(s.) The vape itself gets warm enough to liquefy your shatter so I imagine that is what is happening...

Does anyone else have real world success loading decently large sized concentrate bowls in the Square? For me it's not worth doing if it is going to be load-as-you-go.. Too many other devices where the chamber is way easier to get at (Sai.)
@StonerSloth big blobs were lids up but there was so much material that it bubbled out anyway. Tried less material lids down and leaked. Going to try less with lids up next (power button down). I have never owned a Vape, but my experiences far is that you can only put enough oil for one session.

Any thoughts on mixing flower and oil in a bowl?

RogueGuy,

ginolicious

You will wanna hold your vape level. You will only want enough concentrate for one session. Always have the lids facing up not down. That way when it heats up it will not leak. We had the same issue with the V3 you needed to hold it with the lids facing up so gravity wouldn’t take over and have the crap leak out the silicone lid.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Drexciya

subway13029

So it is one level less severe than the least severe DEFCON level? That’s a vape-y level to be at. We should always be at level 6. :p
Nah its not hot or anything..it just vibrqte and flash red like dead battery but continuous does it..i ahould have juat waited patiently for haze to respond but i didnt know what to do..lol

subway13029,

Zondo

Just that dude
@Haze Vaporizers Just curious... but when using liquid concentrates, does the device need to be kept in a certain orientation? Like, can I be laying down and use it? Mouth piece facing directly towards the ground and nothing would spill out?

You will not have to. We are using ss pads which will prevent leaks. You can use in any format.

Just want to leave this here for you guys talking about leaks with concentrates.

MAbud

Has anyone had trouble getting their app to detect the square pro? On top of combustion problems and charger problems I can't seem to get mine to connect.

This might be a dumb question, but you are powering the unit on right? Took me a minute to realize it doesn’t connect in like a standby capacity and needs to be on for the app to see it

MAbud,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom