Discontinued Haze Square

Raptor5150

Yes, thank you...I do know that I can run a VM on my system, then download Win 10, and then use that for the Haze app.

This is not something I am willing to do and IMO this is disproportionate to the benefit (lot of work and risk to my laptop just to be able to manage pre-sets on a vape...really??)

Now this is just my general view...not a shot at Haze or specific to the Square...but to me apps are fine as long as they are redundant to on-device controls. If manf continue to embed key functions only in apps, there likely will continue to be limitations and conflicts due to non-compliant OS in the population and hence impact sales.

So, again...and just my view...apps are fine as long as they are not required in order to access any specific vape feature/function.

I get it about the Bluetooth and had I given it some more thought, I would have caught the bugaboo with no USB on iPhones.

In any case, I look to be out of luck as I'm certainly not going through an OS upgrade (or install of VM and OS) for setting pre-sets and button temp colors. I'm not going to go out and buy a Surface or Android phone in order to do this either. And frankly, if I can't set the temps on a device, I'm not that interested. IMO manf restricting me to temps they pre-program is outdated and no longer a viable model.

So, here I am...still disappointed with no clear path forward for me.

Cheers

2nApMBX.jpg

Did the vapes land today as planned?

In all seriousness @Haze Vaporizers did this happen today?

Im so ready for next week.

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Yeah wtf Haze why can't I connect my Haze² to my Sega Dreamcast? I'm sure you could hire some monkey to easily program a new application to run on my decade+ old machine! This is completely unacceptable from a smallish company and if there's no Dreamcast support or AT LEAST for my IBM 4680 then I won't be supporting you...!

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
My pre-order Square combusted last night. I had it set at 410F with a flower bowl. It had auto shut off for about a minute,and I turned it back on to the finish the bowl. Once it turned green/vibrated, I took a hit and it combusted after 1-2 seconds. I immediately stopped.

First time this has been an issue at any temperature for me, so I’m kind of at a loss as to why this happened.

Any thoughts from the early testers?

I am waiting to hear back from Haze to see what their advice/thoughts are.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Quick question for members from Europe. What is the most common or easily accessible kind of concentrate you guys can get over there and what is the most common temp you use for that?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Quick question for members from Europe. What is the most common or easily accessible kind of concentrate you guys can get over there and what is the most common temp you use for that?
Morocan(or pakistan or Lebannon) hasch, but it might look like compressed kief or look like non full melt water hash but this last one is only a over compressed kief using some heat too and looks black and shiny cause all the resin on the side.

Need a slighty higher temp than bho to get a full extraction... I think.

ps: Although most vaporist use bho, qwiso or rosin now too.

b0

Cloudy...

Here in UK there is plenty of all kind of concentrates, from shater to Rosin. Not sure about temps tho, I mostly use a banger and a rig

b0,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
For those of you who are able to interface your square with a compatible OS and have changed the temps/lights, how often are you actually performing this procedure?

I assume it's mostly going to be once or twice to dial it in and then basically never again?

@Haze Vaporizers do you know if the app is portable (can be run from a USB stick and doesn't interact with OS registry or file system)?

If use of the app is infrequent and it can be made portable then those without a compatible platform may be able to use someone else's without having to install software. It may not be as convenient but for a one off settings change it may offer an alternative option.

Using a Virtual Machine is another option but technically you'd be liable to both the host and guest OS software licence/fee. It's also considerably more work than running a portable app on a borrowed system for a one off config change.

:2c:

Baron23

@GreenHopper @Other Side - I too would expect to set it and then for it to be generally stable.

A good friend of mine, who is an online critic, lent me his Square to try and I liked it very much. In discussing the OS issue with him, he indicated that he too didn't have a compatible OS and that Haze (who sent him the vape) had to lend him a Win 10 tablet in order to access the app.

Again, I don't want to belabor this. I like Haze and have loved how they conducted themselves on this board.

While I got a lot of good thoughtful and friendly replies to my posts on this subject, I also got a couple of fairly ignorant responses, which I don't plan to address either.

Cheers guys

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper @Other Side - I too would expect to set it and then for it to be generally stable.

A good friend of mine, who is an online critic, lent me his Square to try and I liked it very much. In discussing the OS issue with him, he indicated that he too didn't have a compatible OS and that Haze (who sent him the vape) had to lend him a Win 10 tablet in order to access the app.

Again, I don't want to belabor this. I like Haze and have loved how they conducted themselves on this board.

While I got a lot of good thoughtful and friendly replies to my posts on this subject, I also got a couple of fairly ignorant responses, which I don't plan to address either.

Cheers guys

Yeh that's fair enough man, I do get it.

I was just thinking that a portable app might be another option for those caught in your situation.

I really like the concept of the square, the ability to load up four separate bowls is a great idea and I like how haze have implemented the device.

I do agree that a built in mechanism to access all features is preferable but it's not always possible to achieve whilst keeping the product costs in line with a low RRP.

I see both sides of this one and just wanted to throw another option into the mix.

:peace:

GreenHopper,
Reactions: Baron23

mixchu69

My pre-order Square combusted last night. I had it set at 410F with a flower bowl. It had auto shut off for about a minute,and I turned it back on to the finish the bowl. Once it turned green/vibrated, I took a hit and it combusted after 1-2 seconds. I immediately stopped.

First time this has been an issue at any temperature for me, so I’m kind of at a loss as to why this happened.

Any thoughts from the early testers?

I am waiting to hear back from Haze to see what their advice/thoughts are.
I had a similar incident with my esv, another on demand portable with a coil as heating element.

I think @steama is right...i think if I stirred (esv needs to be stirred), it might not have happene..and using higher temps

mixchu69,
Reactions: steama

John30

It’d be COOL if we all received our next batch of Square Pre-Orders on April 20th. MAYBE that’s their plan! :D
Thats what I have been hoping for. Judging by the site saying shipping April 12th that's likely to be their goal.

John30,
Reactions: Squatch

junny89

Extremely hard to get over here i cant get hold of any hence what i buy is always for dry herb.
Really want the puffco peak but its useless for me!

Regarding the PRO, you dont actually need the software to use it. The software only allows you to reprogram the heat settings and thats it. The 5 pre set settings the PRO comes with are perfectly fine and dont need adjusting at all. so in theory you can still use the PRO regardless.
You still dont need the software for firmware upgrades either, i used a USB C with Haze instructions.

Vapor from the PRO is dependant on what heat setting you have. I only use the lowest 2 as i find them proven to be very very effective and have no need to go higher. Yes in other mods i got 3rd or 4th setting but i find the PRO to deliver even at the lowest settings. Even at them settings it does provide adequate vapor. But thats just me, im sure others here will be using much higher temps.

The battery will last all four bowls with out any issues on a full charge. However it will need charging otherwise you will get the red light!

The pods for me are fine, i have had no issues at all or flaking even.

Oh one thing i have noticed. Once you smoked a bowl and put the PRO away, it does smell! Of cooked herbs! This is a first for me as all my other vaporizers dont smell once smoked. The PRO i have to put in a small zip lock bag or something as i always cant empty the chambers there and then. However while you are smoking the smell is quite minimal, so its only when the square it put to aside with the abv still inside.

For the price point, and as a early adopter, i could not be more happier. I could not wait for the production model and opted to get the early version, so im eager to see the differences.
Regardless i cant complain, function and usability puts it in great contention with my favorite Cloudious 9 and Ghost MV-1.

Any one that does get one, i dont think you will be dissapointed :clap:

oh also this has the fastest heat up time - instant. You all can see my video i made few weeks back to show how instant it actually is!

Andorinter

I am late to the game on this and a little confused. I understand there is a pre-order square that people have their hands on.

I've pre-ordered a Square last week, the one expected to ship 4/12. Is this a pre-order version or the production model? Sorry the dumb question, I read the whole thread and still came up confused . Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this

Last edited:

junny89

I am late to the game on this and a little confused. I understand there is a pre-order square that people have their hands on.

I've pre-ordered a Square last week, the one expected to ship 4/12. Is this a pre-order version or the "live" version? Sorry the dumb question, I read the whole thread and still came up confused . Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this

From my understanding it will be the latest version that will be the produciton model.
Haze will chime in on this and clear it up.

MAbud

We arranged two phases of shipments for preorders. The first phase was shipped to early adopters January. The next phase shipment is going to begin early next week as we are expecting inventory Thursday/Friday this week.

were they all manufactured at one time and the shipments were split? or is this a new batch with tweaks implemented from previous round?

Zondo

Just that dude
Oh one thing i have noticed. Once you smoked a bowl and put the PRO away, it does smell! Of cooked herbs! This is a first for me as all my other vaporizers dont smell once smoked. The PRO i have to put in a small zip lock bag or something as i always cant empty the chambers there and then. However while you are smoking the smell is quite minimal, so its only when the square it put to aside with the abv still inside.

I personally don't smell anything. Different conditions I suppose.

Top Bottom