Discontinued Haze Square

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
We have tried hard for ios but due to the ios devices serial port issue, it is just not possible without bluetooth and bluetooth has its own issues. Windows 7 or IOS are not decisions. They are limitations. When i have time, i will go back on pages to see who posted that link to the free software where you can use a Windows 7 machine but behaves as Windows 10. I think it was called a virtual machine. I may be wrong but i will research. That may help folks with older computers.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Leave your political rants for some other forum. Warning point issued.
I'm running Win 7 too, so there's at least two random vaporists unable to unlock this vape's full potential. I was gonna try to use some sort of adapter to hook the Haze up to my phone, but now I'm starting to doubt that will work. So we're basically stuck with updating our systems, buying a whole new device just for the Haze app, or using the standard model like some sorta fkn peasant. IDK about you, but I'm an American and we didn't elect Trump to live in some commie bullshit country where you can't choose how hot you wanna make your LEGAL marijuana. Don't tread on me, bro!

Jambi619,

benbar21

This is extremely disappointing to me. I certainly want the app to be able to set my temps, but damn if I will upgrade my home computing environment to Win 10 (rather go back to an abacus).

Not sure why as a great deal of MUCH more complex software is released and thriving in the wild for Win 7.

This completely puts me off of the Pro model as I don't see any reason to get it if I can't get the app to run on my Win 7 Pro OS.

I think this decision will limit your Pro sales. I may be wrong but it sure has put a crimp in my buying one.

So, this a tablet/PC use only. No mobile apps? No iOS or anything else? Win 10 or Mac OS? sigh

Just one thing - in the very post you quoted Haze said that they are making an android app. So there is a mobile app, just no IOS app.

Andorinter

FC is indeed a tough crowd as well as these devices and companies biggest most ardent supporters. From what I can see in this thread is the normal kind of banter that takes place pre-release. People are talking about and wondering about features or issues they have seen or heard about. It is all rampant speculation mixed with facts. When the details become more clear as people receive their squares the 'attitude' is bound to change a few more times. In my opinion this is very positive for a company like Haze Technologies because they have been very forthright with information and filling in the blanks. Any publicity is good publicity for a company like Haze and their Square. The pre-release deal also covers a person's investment very nicely.

:myday:
Fair enough .still fairly new around here. Just jumped on the preorder wagon. Hype!

Zondo

Just that dude
I think the vast majority of people are on either Windows 10 or Mac OS at this point. I haven't seen another complaint yet

No mobile has been clear from the start. There is no bluetooth on this device (which I am glad about) so the functionality has to be plugged into a computer of some sort.
I actually said something more than a month ago. But they're going to release for Android, so it's no big deal. Just connect right to my phone with usb-c.

b0

Cloudy...
I'm running Win 7 too, so there's at least two random vaporists unable to unlock this vape's full potential. I was gonna try to use some sort of adapter to hook the Haze up to my phone, but now I'm starting to doubt that will work. So we're basically stuck with updating our systems, buying a whole new device just for the Haze app, or using the standard model like some sorta fkn peasant. IDK about you, but I'm an American and we didn't elect Trump to live in some commie bullshit country where you can't choose how hot you wanna make your LEGAL marijuana. Don't tread on me, bro!

Next time inform yourself properly before buying a product, seems like this vape wasn't for you. You can always buy an american made one ;)

Lazy Lighting

Yea Haze come on. I was under the impression that I could have the theme from Charles in Charge play when it came to temp.....totally joking.

2 sec heat up time, great flavor, 4 bowls, small package and a free upgrade....the app is a nice addition but I would just set it and forget it. Really looking forward to this one.

Baron23

Yes, thank you...I do know that I can run a VM on my system, then download Win 10, and then use that for the Haze app.

This is not something I am willing to do and IMO this is disproportionate to the benefit (lot of work and risk to my laptop just to be able to manage pre-sets on a vape...really??)

Now this is just my general view...not a shot at Haze or specific to the Square...but to me apps are fine as long as they are redundant to on-device controls. If manf continue to embed key functions only in apps, there likely will continue to be limitations and conflicts due to non-compliant OS in the population and hence impact sales.

So, again...and just my view...apps are fine as long as they are not required in order to access any specific vape feature/function.

I get it about the Bluetooth and had I given it some more thought, I would have caught the bugaboo with no USB on iPhones.

In any case, I look to be out of luck as I'm certainly not going through an OS upgrade (or install of VM and OS) for setting pre-sets and button temp colors. I'm not going to go out and buy a Surface or Android phone in order to do this either. And frankly, if I can't set the temps on a device, I'm not that interested. IMO manf restricting me to temps they pre-program is outdated and no longer a viable model.

So, here I am...still disappointed with no clear path forward for me.

Cheers

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Yes, thank you...I do know that I can run a VM on my system, then download Win 10, and then use that for the Haze app.

This is not something I am willing to do and IMO this is disproportionate to the benefit (lot of work and risk to my laptop just to be able to manage pre-sets on a vape...really??)

Now this is just my general view...not a shot at Haze or specific to the Square...but to me apps are fine as long as they are redundant to on-device controls. If manf continue to embed key functions only in apps, there likely will continue to be limitations and conflicts due to non-compliant OS in the population and hence impact sales.

So, again...and just my view...apps are fine as long as they are not required in order to access any specific vape feature/function.

I get it about the Bluetooth and had I given it some more thought, I would have caught the bugaboo with no USB on iPhones.

In any case, I look to be out of luck as I'm certainly not going through an OS upgrade (or install of VM and OS) for setting pre-sets and button temp colors. I'm not going to go out and buy a Surface or Android phone in order to do this either. And frankly, if I can't set the temps on a device, I'm not that interested. IMO manf restricting me to temps they pre-program is outdated and no longer a viable model.

So, here I am...still disappointed with no clear path forward for me.

Cheers
I understand and respect that. I would recommend you to read this article below from Microsoft itself.

They are discontinuing support for Windows 7 in little over a year.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

I am quoting directly from this announcement from Microsoft above:

“Microsoft will discontinue Windows 7 support so that we can focus our investment on supporting newer technologies and great new experiences.”

So it is normal for a corporation to invest into current and future technology instead of investing further into a technology that is a decade old. (although we tried to find a way)

I really don’t think that we are limiting ourselves or restricting our customers by this.

Just like we cannot build a product for everyone’s liking, we also cannot build it for every platform especially if it is becoming extinct.

We still looked into it though but as i explained, we cannot make everything happen.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Next time inform yourself properly before buying a product, seems like this vape wasn't for you. You can always buy an american made one ;)
Heh, my two favs actually are made in the USA, but that wasn't really my point. Just that I'd like and sorta expect to have choices. Apparently not everyone shares my same style of humor tho :rofl:

Jambi619,

Baron23

Ok, I like Haze and I like their participation on this board. They have been very informative and open about their initiatives and I appreciate it.

But for me, its the Pro or nothing at the moment and since I don't have a platform on which to run the app, that's not in the cards either.

I'm not going to continue to belabor this point, but wanted to add the below. Win 7 is definitely not obsolete or uncommon. This is from Business Insider from May 2017 edition, so what...11 months ago?

591a36391442934d088b58bd-960-720.png

Zondo

Just that dude
Kind of funny though they're going with Mac before considering an attempt with Windows 7 though lol. Microsoft may stop supporting it, but users will keep the os for many, many more years to come. Just like the millions of current XP users with no issues. Good thing I have an Android phone though!

But seriously... The preset temps are perfectly suitable.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
We figured that most MAC owners do not use PC and vice versa. The chart above does not show how many MAC users out there.

All it shows is: All XP users are now using Windows 7 and Windows 10 and once the Win 7 support ends, the same deal will happen to Win 7 users.

P.S: We went after Win 7 first. Just could not standardize the app for all Win 7 users. Their patches, security updates etc. etc. between users are too variable. Two Win 7 users are not the same in that regard.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sorry :D couldn't help myself but it's fixd now dw

Last edited:
muunch,
Reactions: steama

Baron23

We figured that most MAC owners do not use PC and vice versa. The chart above does not show how many MAC users out there.

All it shows is: All XP users are now using Windows 7 and Windows 10 and once the Win 7 support ends, the same deal will happen to Win 7 users.

P.S: We went after Win 7 first. Just could not standardize the app for all Win 7 users. Their patches, security updates etc. etc. between users are too variable. Two Win 7 users are not the same in that regard.

Well, I’m not a software engineer but it does make you wonder how many other companies are able to release much more complex software that works without specific knowledge of service pak level or other configuration items.

And yes, that chart doesn’t address MAC but with regard to XP, it IS 15 years out of support. Before you see the same occurring w Win 7, the Square will be long out of production.

Ok I’m really done w this topic now. I have no desire to rag on Haze. They have theirvposition as do I.

Cheers

Last edited:
Baron23,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@Baron23 I don't have the Haze, but downloaded the software. I understand the desire for 7 support. (Not trying to spark up the convo) The software is based on the Windows app system which is why reverse compatibility is not a feature. Also probably why they went for a Mac app as well.

Fwiw the app does not work with windows 8 or 8.1. This is something I dislike about various windows apps (in some big company apps only some newest 10 version of windows) as I have some computers on 8.1 but unable to download and play games/programs they should be able to run otherwise.

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I think it’s great that Haze is going to offer a Mac, Windows and Android version of the software. I personally don’t blame Haze for only offering an app for the most recent version of Windows. It’s Microsoft’s fault for making OS compatibility so difficult. We don’t expect companies to continue to provide DOS support. You have to draw the line somewhere. 3 platforms is better than many offerings by companies. @Haze Vaporizers I think you’re taking a very reasonable approach in covering 3 OS.

Top Bottom