Discontinued Haze Square

Baron23

@Haze Vaporizers - please help refresh my memory. I believe you told us that early prod/beta units the pod/crucible was anodized alumimun and that the QPQ will come with the full production units which you are expecting shortly from your manufacturere (by the by, I did have Square early unit lent to me for a day or so and we took a magnet to the pods and indeed they are not ferrous, they are aluminum but will be QPQ steel for prod).

@guyonthecouch, @vapen00b, @steama So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't understand why all of the angst about flaking pods as AFAIK nobody has the QPQ steel pods and, while not a metallurgist, QPQ looks to be a very appropriate coating. As to why coat all all...I have to leave that to Haze to answer.

Vaping Daddy

Yes. We are expecting inventory in ATL around Thursday/Friday next week. We are checking status everyday and we are still on track
with my crafty at 180c i get real good vapor, how does the square compare at its lowest temp settings? the crafty has no factory smell at all, you don't even have to do a burn of tho ofc its always advisable to do so..... both my duals had factory burn of issues, so bad that 1 got sent back. What reassurances can you give that i wont run into these same issues again.

Vaping Daddy,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
That is correct. All of our models, beta units and also the first batch that we received had anodized pods. The QPC pods were ordered and we are expecting them in the upcoming shipment. If they don't make it to this one, they certainly will for the next. But regardless, nothing should scratch easily any longer. The reason for the scratches on the beta and first batch units were the out of tolerance oven size which ultimately lead to the bottom of the pods getting caught by the oven/housing which caused scratches at the bottom of the pods. All these issues have been addressed already. So we are looking forward to our upcoming shipment and your feedback.

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Part of the reason I went with the Square is because I wanted a travel vape with fast, on-demand convection heating like my Lotus. Can anyone comment on how these two compare?

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
The Lotus is a nice vape but a very conspicuous vape. You really can't use the thing in public without strange looks coming your way. As far as on demand goes the square will blow the lotus out of the water...with all due respect of course. Three seconds with the square vs fucking with, and counting heat-up time, with a torch which can also be inconsistent, at least it was for me. I think I combusted more with my lotus than any other vape. So I eventually passed my lotus along to a vaporist that wanted it.

My personal opinion for a travel vape with fast, on-demand convection you did pretty good with the Square. The convenience of four bowls cannot be overstated when out and about. No other vape gives you four multi-use bowls. Amazing convenience for a convection vape or any vape for that matter.

:2c:

The Lotus has a steep learning curve, but it performs great once you get the technique down. I get delicious clouds on the first draw pretty much every time I use it, and it can heat up quickly if you start with the flame closer to the plate(just be sure to pull it back after a few seconds). It's just something you have to take time to learn and get a feel for.

The Square is obviously more user-friendly, and discrete, aaaaand it has 4 bowls! At first I thought that was a goofy gimmick, but, the more I thought about it, the more I realized it's genius for vaping on the go. I looked at a lot of vapes and that was one of the main deciding factors after looking at vapor production. Haze also seems like a legit company backing you up with a 10 year warranty, upgrade program, and a fair price. I'm a little concerned about battery life and the fact that it seems to have a lot of small parts that might make it a PITA to clean, but I'm not a super heavy user so it shouldn't be too bad.

KLo

No Ember
While we wait for our Squares.. does anyone have an update on their experience(s) with concentrates? How 'bout different types -- waxes, distillates, shatters, budders, etc. Are some preferred over others? Do the airpath, top-lid, screens and mp get gunked up pretty quickly? About the taste, any silicone detection? Thanks betafish and the earliest of adopters. Can't wait to join the ranks :p

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
While we wait for our Squares.. does anyone have an update on their experience(s) with concentrates? How 'bout different types -- waxes, distillates, shatters, budders, etc. Are some preferred over others? Do the airpath, top-lid, screens and mp get gunked up pretty quickly? About the taste, any silicone detection? Thanks betafish and the earliest of adopters. Can't wait to join the ranks :p
I have a bit of experience but not a lot. Hard to come by in these parts.

It works pretty well in my opinion. Taxing on the battery so don't expect four chambers on a battery charge but some tasty plooms. I like it better without the silicone lid but it's a bit more of a mess this way but you'll possibly sense the silicone otherwise. Very tasty either way and nice vapor production. Most of my experience with wax to shatter. No experience with anything else but I don't have no reason to believe the Square can't handle it.

Cleaning is what you'd expect. Short vapor path so easy easy to deal with that but otherwise you can expect to wipe down some parts.

little maggie

I have a bit of experience but not a lot. Hard to come by in these parts.

It works pretty well in my opinion. Taxing on the battery so don't expect four chambers on a battery charge but some tasty plooms. I like it better without the silicone lid but it's a bit more of a mess this way but you'll possibly sense the silicone otherwise. Very tasty either way and nice vapor production. Most of my experience with wax to shatter. No experience with anything else but I don't have no reason to believe the Square can't handle it.

Cleaning is what you'd expect. Short vapor path so easy easy to deal with that but otherwise you can expect to wipe down some parts.
Are you describing battery usage with concentrates or with anything? I only use flowers so I'm curious.

little maggie,

KLo

No Ember
some tasty plooms

A positive. Looking forward to them plooms! Silicone will be a work-a-round i reckon. Always a foul mess at concentrate temps. Wish there was a natural "green" solution vs. synthetic, but rubber is a cheap whore out in these streets

This battery detail is ridiculous if it is the case because it would defeat the convenience of having four bowls if you need to recharge after 'three bowls'

fingers crossed I can make it through four bowls on a single charge

Yeah, hear you on that. It's redundant, but Haze will correct that with future releases, right? 'Til then, we sweat the technique

Andorinter

The way I see it, everyone is so close to a method of charging, this shouldn't be a big deal.

It would be like gettting mad at The Hammer for running out of fuel... Just like you need butane, you need to keep the square's battery charged.

It's a portable electric vape. Also, 4 chambers worth of concentrates, filled to max capacity... That's a lot of thc.

Alexis

Thanks for this battery info. Your comment causes me to scratch my head,

"Taxing on the battery so don't expect four chambers on a battery charge but some tasty plooms."
This battery detail is ridiculous if it is the case because it would defeat the convenience of having four bowls if you need to recharge after 'three bowls' or anything less than four bowls would not be acceptable imo.

I have my fingers crossed I can make it through four bowls on a single charge.

:\
I hear you Steama. However I would argue that the 4 chambers might not be so redundant, even if you can't consistently finish all 4 chambers with a single charge (Vapecritic recently said that you can though, so Im sure variable are at play here, load amount, consistency, moisture, heat setting, draw technique etc).

But if I personally had the square, I would possibly make good use out of the multiple chambers WITHOUT necessarly wanting to finish them all individually.

Like for strain switching, or starting a fresh load sooner and leaving a bit more in the previous one.
Or for sharing with others- seperate chambers each.

But Im not disagreeing with you, I think it should obviously be capable of finishing all 4 with each battery charge.

I really want the Haze Square. But I am concerned about the aluminium with my known allergy to the Supreme. I still dont understand clearly exactly all and every part which is aluminium, how much it picks up heat, is in the airpath etc.

But I dont think I can risk it. A future aluminium free airpath model- put me down!

The black coating also did concern me. Being so hyper-reactive I would always opt for unfinished myself. I could still see it scratching off over time. I inderstand it was a fitment issue on initial run but it will still be prone to wearing off surely?

Last edited:

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
The battery question has been addressed a few times in this thread. It really depends on your temps and style of usage. I am generally pretty hard on any of my batteries taking long draws and long sessions (although I generally stick to lower temps). I cannot get 4 full chambers out of the battery. More like 3.5. That said I am sure there will be folks that can get more than four. It just depends how you use it.

I kind of treat this like my Crafty I used to have. Plug it in after two sessions and you'll not run out of juice. And this charges fast as well, plus it offers pass through usage so to me the battery is a non issue.

Baron23

The battery question has been addressed a few times in this thread. It really depends on your temps and style of usage. I am generally pretty hard on any of my batteries taking long draws and long sessions (although I generally stick to lower temps). I cannot get 4 full chambers out of the battery. More like 3.5. That said I am sure there will be folks that can get more than four. It just depends how you use it.

I kind of treat this like my Crafty I used to have. Plug it in after two sessions and you'll not run out of juice. And this charges fast as well, plus it offers pass through usage so to me the battery is a non issue.
Thank you...nice well thought out and informative post on the subject.

MonkeyTime

I've got an early unit, it has a few issues so I don't use it very often, but.....

I can consistently finish all four on a single charge. Not every time, but most. I usually start at 400F and then finish at 415F.

I don't/haven't counted draws, but do think starting at higher temps is easier on the battery in terms of completing the four chambers.

KLo

No Ember
I really want the Haze Square. But I am concerned about the aluminium with my known allergy to the Supreme. I still dont understand clearly exactly all and every part which is aluminium, how much it picks up heat, is in the airpath etc.
The black coating also did concern me. Being so hyper-reactive I would always opt for unfinished myself. I could still see it scratching off over time. I inderstand it was a fitment issue on initial run but it will still be prone to wearing off surely?
While wishing and saving for an Evo, i still cave and splurge on a portable every time, vas-itchy and all. If we're sucking on a li-on, 18650 whatever battery op, we are basically succumbing to some sort of risk. Finishes are a topic. Metals another. I hate it, yet i do it and try to limit the exposures with a modicum of quality control. To really acquire medical grade is a pipe dream and pipes is the smoke stack that sent me vaping. Portables offer convenience with certain sacrifices, imo. Weigh the personal risks, investigate, reconcile the decisions and e-x-h-a-l-e
But if I personally had the square, I would possibly make good use out of the multiple chambers WITHOUT necessarly wanting to finish them all individually.
Like for strain switching, or starting a fresh load sooner and leaving a bit more in the previous one.
Or for sharing with others- seperate chambers each.

It's all about the salads. Huge selling point. Can't wait to toss one :leaf:

"given to my mum" - One of your vapes now your mum's...classic !

The vape critic got 37 draws off a single charge and stated he runs the square at higher temps. I have never got 10 draws from a single bowl with the firefly2 because the bowl is finished after about 6/7 draws and I also vape at higher temps. I wonder if there is a possibility higher temps are more efficient with a convection vape like the square. If I can get 37 draws with the square on a charge 4 bowls would be easy to completely toast.

I tend to vape somewhere in the middle. Used to smoke tobacco and don't like to combust herb anymore. VC has a different method or prototype, I feel, when doing the tallys. I never counted up to the same level of draws on a variety of vc reviewed vapes. Everybody has their own method

KLo,

NikeReebok23

I've got an early unit, it has a few issues so I don't use it very often, but.....

I can consistently finish all four on a single charge. Not every time, but most. I usually start at 400F and then finish at 415F.

I don't/haven't counted draws, but do think starting at higher temps is easier on the battery in terms of completing the four chambers.

What kinda issues are you currently having or did you have

NikeReebok23,

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I have been saving my impressions until I felt like I had using the Square dialed. It took me a while to figure out a grind and pack that gives me consistent results, a finer grind and a medium pack has been working the best for me. When I got my Square back for a faulty temp button, the buttons were reversed +/- That made for an interesting first session until I figured it out.

I only use it to vape flower. I personally prefer to use dedicated concentrate vapes. I have not had any problems getting 4 full bowls out of each charge.

I’m still on the fence as to how much this vape will fill my needs due to the vape signature. I’m finding it not as effective and efficient as the other vapes in my stable. If it wasn’t for that, this vape would check all of the boxes for me.

Zondo

Just that dude
Since everyone is giving their battery usage... I can't even finish 1 chamber with a full charge. That's how efficient the vaping is for me. I use the lowest preset, full breaths, which you get 15 seconds max. The flower just lasts forever.

Raptor5150

Fuuucccc I cant wait till next week! I need this vape in my hands STAT.

I wonder if they could make a mini water pipe adapter so I could buy one of these and use it with the haze.
pIIslFi.jpg

Raptor5150,
Reactions: jfkdidit

Justforvapes

So im pretty interested in this but it apears I need a pc with windows 10 in order to customize the 5 different heat temp settings. Are there plans for mac os or android app use? Any knowledge appreciated.

Justforvapes,
Top Bottom