Discontinued Haze Square

Petunia Vanish

Haze square arrived yesterday... Charged it up ( had a ding on the case)

mouth piece falls out easily.

Unit is heavier than you think.

Two problems:
1. Air path not installed correctly ...having to send unit back :(
2. 2 halfs don't align 100% when switching between bowls

Side note combusted @ 385 degrees. Half bowl was brown half green of center black.

Petunia Vanish,

llamaman001

thats exactly what was happening to me Vapin in the USA. Get an allen wrench and tighten down all your screws, firmly but not too firmly. That should help quite a bit for the time being. Let me know if thats fixes your issue

EDIT:

I didnt want to double post but I needed to add this. Im not hating on haze or this product at all. Im part of the first wave of the production line and no matter what a company does there are always going to be kinks or small issues that need to be worked out. This vape has a ton of potential if we can dial down the issues and get everyone up and running at 100%. The one thing I will say about the square is that hands down it is the most comfortable vapes to use. What I mean by that is, I can take a full 10 second draw at the default RED temp on my pro (think its 450?) and I get absolutely no harshness at all. I never once got that burning throat feeling that I do with ALL my other vapes. Its hard to explain but once you try it youll be blown away if youve got a sensitive throat.

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

I've had a similar start with the Square Pro similar to your experience @llamaman001. Square takes way more material than my typical portables and desktops. I was not getting a satisfactory draw until I went to the highest default temp setting. I find that upping my temp near 460F and maybe a tad under will get you where you want to be. I don't know how accurate the temp settings can be, especially with other factors involved (environment, materials, etc..), so upping the temp is what I would recommend.

I was getting the immediate and best performance at this temp setting that I have preset as my highest temp setting, which I designate to RED.

I just opened a bowl from last night that I used, that I felt ran near close to combustion and tasted great. I was expecting a charred load, but it is very evenly extracted. I just mixed it up and threw it back in hoping to gets some more out of it after work.

I thought about messing with the SS pad for microdosing but I find its best to pack it up similar to my FF2 and put the tray on top, no tamp. This has been working well for me.

FYI, I've probably ran through like 5 loads since owning it but this has been my experience and I hope it helps yours.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Guys,

The wrong seal installation on some but still good amount of units have caused all the reported issues. They are all related to the same issue.

Vapor production, battery performance, auto shut off everything is related to a 0.5mm error in silicone seal placement and size.

Once we address these on the units in hand and on the units that are out, i think everybody will be as satisfied as the beta testers of the Square.

I see people creating brand new accounts just to report this same issue that we keep talking about.

1) If the air is not directed properly, you will get low/no vapor production.

2) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will have to keep pushing the button down longer to heat the non-sealed air which will cause you auto-shut off.

3) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will have to get your temps way higher than what they need to be to get decent vapor.

4) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will waste way more energy and your battery will not last as it should.

We are on it and we will get this on track. We appreciate your patience with us.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
After 2 days, a couple observations...

When I first saw the square I thought it looked like a Little Debbie chocolate cake, and as such I treated it like any sandwich, holding it with finger on top, thumb below. I get great hits at 380-390. But when my wife tried it, she held it in her hand pincing side to side, finger on top, and barely got a good hit. Had her change her grip, works much better.

The exotic air path..heh. Took me a bit to really understand the design. Wow, the engineering is brilliant. First thing I realized was the bowls are flipped upside-down when used. So of course the stainless covers are dirty because that's the bottom of the bowls. The airflow goes from the air port directly to the coil, and heated air in pulled thru the bottom of the can (its flipped), thru the load, thru the stainless top (which has become the bottom), then back up to the mouthpiece. Whew. So the stainless plate is the first surface the vapor passes through, so it naturally gets sticky. The can bottoms stay clean because no vapor goes through them, only hot air.

Haven't done a full cleaning yet, will wait for load tool.

Raptor5150

Just got my square in the mail and it's charging with my HTC 10 quick charger.. didn't seem to want to charge with the official. But the official charger will quick charge my phone

Couldn't find my easy load tool so I'm wondering when that will come next @Haze Vaporizers ?

Last edited:
Raptor5150,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Just got my square in the mail and it's charging with my HTC 10 quick charger.. didn't seem to want to charge with the official. But the official charger will quick charge my phone

Couldn't find my easy load tool so I'm wondering when that will come next @Haze Vaporizers ?
Easy load tools just arrived and getting shipped out

Raptor5150

Easy load tools just arrived and getting shipped out

Awesome cant wait!!

I set my temps and loaded the first bowl and gave it a test rip! I'm currently at a [6] after 3 big cloudy hits..

This will definitely be my favorite on the go vape. The bowls are HUGE.

My only caveat is that the chamber section doesnt sit flush unless I push down. Ill wait for the ez load tool to do a full tear down and cleaning.

All the h8trs need to relax. This vape is great!!

Edit: Charger is working with C to C cable :D

Last edited:

Raptor5150

Mine did this once. Try reversing the cable (end to end) - that fixed it for me.

Thats what did it haha I didnt even notice it the first time but I decided to plug it into my power strip and forgot I turned the cable around and now its charging nicely.

Odd that its picky about what end though..

Raptor5150,
Reactions: steama

Baron23

Guys,

The wrong seal installation on some but still good amount of units have caused all the reported issues. They are all related to the same issue.

Vapor production, battery performance, auto shut off everything is related to a 0.5mm error in silicone seal placement and size.

Once we address these on the units in hand and on the units that are out, i think everybody will be as satisfied as the beta testers of the Square.

I see people creating brand new accounts just to report this same issue that we keep talking about.

1) If the air is not directed properly, you will get low/no vapor production.

2) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will have to keep pushing the button down longer to heat the non-sealed air which will cause you auto-shut off.

3) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will have to get your temps way higher than what they need to be to get decent vapor.

4) If the hot air is not directed properly, you will waste way more energy and your battery will not last as it should.

We are on it and we will get this on track. We appreciate your patience with us.

@Haze Vaporizers - You guys have been absolutely upfront about this from the beginning and I'm sure all owners appreciate this note above. Sounds like in the grand scheme of things that can squeak out during a product launch, that this seal issue is minor and easy to correct.

Good on you guys for being so open about the issue and your efforts to get corrective action out. :tup::clap::rockon:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Since I lost one of my duals today I might be looking into a Square after all.... I was already lurking this thread for a while but now I have a really good reason.

Raptor5150

Ok I think I may need a firmware update or something..

half filled bowl with liquid pad as spacer and I got combustion on my lowest temp 350F

It tasted TERRIBLE :( and im wasting good weed.

I reseated my mouthpiece gasket as that was partly out of its area but that didnt help.

Raptor5150,
Reactions: Whisper

ginolicious

Wife said no to buying. I really wanted to instead of doing an upgrade. Hopefully everything gets worked out soon and I can sell her on joining the upgrade program and trade in a 2 year old V3.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Drexciya

Raptor5150

Constant combustion.

@Haze Vaporizers any advice? 350F temps. On the side closest to the coils.

I can actually see the coil getting hot through the gap in the vape. :(
First hit is slightly ok but every hit after is combustion.

aE66uld.jpg

aE66uld

Raptor5150,
Reactions: Whisper

ginolicious

That doesn’t look like combustion to me.

Also vape critic did a good review of the vape. I enjoyed it. Concentrate he didn’t go in depth at all. Would have been nice if he did that and discussed the app a bit more.

Also the app recording usuage time would have been nice.

ginolicious,

Raptor5150

That doesn’t look like combustion to me.

Also vape critic did a good review of the vape. I enjoyed it. Concentrate he didn’t go in depth at all. Would have been nice if he did that and discussed the app a bit more.

Also the app recording usuage time would have been nice.

Its under all that green goodness.. :(

Raptor5150,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I'll be doing a livestream on Friday when I get home. Just a heads up it's going to be stupid long so try and drop in otherwise you'll be skipping through over 2 hours of footage. I'll see what I can do after in terms of editing but it may be too long to bother editing except for certain clips.

Review video won't happen until end of May/June. If you want to see my awkward first usage I'll keep it up until Friday. I didn't figure the Haze out until the end so the beginning is a lot of error. Again highly suggest skipping through.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Constant combustion.

@Haze Vaporizers any advice? 350F temps. On the side closest to the coils.

I can actually see the coil getting hot through the gap in the vape. :(
First hit is slightly ok but every hit after is combustion.

aE66uld.jpg

aE66uld
I would lower the temperatures if you are packing loose. I also would not recommend spacer. It may restrict air flow. I cannot see very well in the picture. Try a different pod too.

Haze Vaporizers,
Reactions: steama

ginolicious

How about now?

Seems like it has hot spots or something.. regardless it shouldnt be happening at my lowest set temp.

mnO3QYS.png

Yes. That is combustion. Did not see in your first pic. I haven’t seen combustion in years. So your first pic gave me a heart attack as that’s how all my bowls look haha

ginolicious,
Reactions: Rasputin

Raptor5150

I would lower the temperatures if you are packing loose. I also would not recommend spacer. It may restrict air flow. I cannot see very well in the picture. Try a different pod too.

I used another chamber in the 2nd pic and it was still happening. No spacer no nothing. Medium pack.

How low of a temp should I go? 350 is my sweet spot. Ill try slightly lower than that but I dont think it will help much. This vape deff has a learning curve but im sure somethings wrong with mine.

Raptor5150,
Top Bottom