Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

I'll be doing a livestream on Friday when I get home. Just a heads up it's going to be stupid long so try and drop in otherwise you'll be skipping through over 2 hours of footage. I'll see what I can do after in terms of editing but it may be too long to bother editing except for certain clips.

Review video won't happen until end of May/June. If you want to see my awkward first usage I'll keep it up until Friday. I didn't figure the Haze out until the end so the beginning is a lot of error. Again highly suggest skipping through.

Great video. You were getting some nice Vapor near the end. But damn you were vaping at 440 if I heard correctly?

Whisper

How about now?

Seems like it has hot spots or something.. regardless it shouldnt be happening at my lowest set temp.

mnO3QYS.png
The same thing happened to me, I thought maybe I packed too full. The first time it happened on my first hit, lowest temp. It has happened since, but, not so full on as the first. Quite unappetizing, if you ask me.

Whisper,

KLo

No Ember
concentrate use starts at 4:15...it is brief but helps give you an idea

Thanks, mon.. saw VCs vid when it came out and glad for the refresher. He did say at some point he would do a review on concentrates, but ?? 20s concentrate drive-by is not satisfying, but better than nil.

When mine gets here maybe I'll do something. No promises, tho, as I don't have a face !

KLo,
Reactions: steama

MonkeyTime

For those with the pro, where are you finding the sweet spot. What temp?
I think that's a completely personal answer/opinion.

My routine with this was similar to all my vapes and with it I got thru all four chambers in a single charge on regular basis.....(note, wasn't always trying for the sake of being charged if I left the house).

370F until I noticed diminished vapor, 420F or above to finish it.

I had no problems with the vapor being harsh or hot at any temps. Taste was way above average, even above 400F to start. Very easy to adapt to water which is always my preferred way, both with silicone adapters and whips.

Mine is first production batch (Feb), and my issues were infrequent combustion and a overly lose mouthpiece.

Before this batch sent the @Haze Vaporizers world a spinning, THEY initiated following up on the mouthpiece, an issue I was going to let go for the time being. I have no doubt it will arrive with my accessories or solo when they're available.

As for the combustion, I'm of the belief it's because of slight misalignment or miss-seated silicone. It could be my reassembly or something else simple because it was not consistent.

For the record, this is my first Haze product, I found the dual after I found convection just couldn't bring myself to work in IMO, backwards.

It's new, we haven't figured out all the silly details, but I'm convinced it's backed by a wonderful and caring company. And, when it's right, it's VERY right, at least for me.

I'm guessing this will work out incredible for those with some patience and me. About the time I have my accessories, I'm hoping to be done with my break and adding more to this thread, in a very satisfied and Haze(y) way !

In the meantime, for those of you having issues, read the directions, relax, and realize what you have in your hands. Two years ago this would have been a pipe dream, now we're forging a new frontier :clap:

Four bowls of convection, a replaceable battery, and new accessories around the corner sure to delight:love:

**Edited for silly typos - done from my phone, in the spa

Last edited:

lazyturtle

I think that's a completely personal answer/opinion.

My routine with this was similar to all my vapes and with it I got thru all four chambers in a single charge on regular basis.....(note, wasn't always trying for the sake of being charged if I left the house).

370F until I noticed diminished vapor, 420F or above to finish it.

I had no problems with the vapor being harsh or hot at any temps. Taste was way above average, even above 400F to start. Very easy to adapt to water which is always my preferred way, both with silicone adapters and whips.

Mine is first production batch (Feb), and my issues were infrequent combustion and a overly lose mouthpiece.

Before this batch sent the @Haze Vaporizers world a spinning, THEY initiated following up on the mouthpiece, an issue I was going to let go for the time being. I have no doubt it will arrive with my accessories out solo when they're available.

As for the combustion, I'm of the belief it's because of slight misalignment or miss-seated silicone. It could be my reassembly or something else simple because it was not consistent.

For the record, this is my first Haze product, I found the dual after I found convection just couldn't bring myself to work in IMO, backwards.

It's It, we haven't figured out all the silly details, but I'm convinced it's backed by a wonderful and caring company. And, when it's right, it's VERY right, at least for me.

I'm guessing this will work out incredible for those with some patience and me. About the time I have my accessories, I'm hoping to be done with my break and adding more to this thread, in a very satisfied and Haze(y) way !

In the meantime, for those of you having issues, read the directions, relax, and realize what you have in your hands. Two years ago this would have been a pipe dream, now we're forging a new frontier :clap:

Four bowls of convection, a replaceable battery, and new accessories around the corner sure to delight:love:

loving your vibes!! not that I ~needed~ this myself but I'm sure others out there might have.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So I received my new Haze Pro today(I got one in Feb that had issues)!
So far, I am much happier with this updated one.
I need a few days to to give a fair assessment. I haven’t even used the app yet (It was very helpful with 1st one I got).

However, I wanted to share the technique I use to get more vapor since a few people have mentioned an issue with lack of vapor. Others may have said it already, if so, sorry for the repeat!

I start at lowest temp and press button. Once it turns green, I keep pressing and start a slow, long draw from mouthpiece. As I continue taking the draw, I let go of button for a second or two then press down again for a few seconds and then let go for a sec and then press one last time until my lungs are full and I am done with the draw. It is similar to how I use the Milaana.

I find if I just hold the button until it auto stops heating, that is not nearly enough time to get a good hit. Using above method allows more time to heat without holding it too long.

Be careful using this method on the higher temps (for me the default level 4 & 5), as it is easier to combust if you hold down button too long, so adjust your timing accordingly.

Raptor5150

Ok so I turned the temps down to 330 and its still really hot and harsh vapor the longer the button is held down. Still combusting a tad I think the temps are way wrong or something.

and now it absolutely wont quick charge with the included charger and cable no matter what side I plug in. :( Only slow charge with a non c to c cable

Might need to send this one back or get a firmware update @Haze Vaporizers the coil inside is getting Sun like bright on the lowest temp.

Clouds are huge though and of no issue. Just really harsh. I had one good cool hit but that was at cold start and green light.

And I did reseat my airflow gasket too still the same result as before.

Last edited:
Raptor5150,
Reactions: Jambi619

Zondo

Just that dude
Constant combustion.

@Haze Vaporizers any advice? 350F temps. On the side closest to the coils.

I can actually see the coil getting hot through the gap in the vape. :(
First hit is slightly ok but every hit after is combustion.

aE66uld.jpg

aE66uld
Well, I can tell you I use the lowest preset, for first batch units. It's something from 320 to 350. I haven't had combustion. Only difference I can say is... I have a coffee grinder fineness and I only use a pinch in a chamber. I only ever had combustion once on lowest setting in a situation I can't replicate.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I want to share this in case anybody else out there in a similar situation. A customer called 2 days ago claiming that they get no vapor and their unit is not sitting right. They said that they have been reading the forum here and there is a known issue with the seal. We could not convince the customer for a troubleshoot so asked them to send the unit back. Here is the situation below:

We have 1 groove on the top lid and 1 edge on the bottom tray. This is for users to simply match the tray/lid when they open/close. The other purpose is to let users open the lid without spilling their goods. Here is the picture of the lid/tray setup.

5gNrjGZ.jpg

We thought it is extremely self explanatory to a user in terms of how the lid and tray fits together but looks like we were wrong. The unit comes back as below:

8wLItcD.jpg

So looks like the customer tried to force fit the tray into the lid from the opposite side. We did not even know that this was possible but now we learned. The unit was not even locking properly let alone sealing.

As soon as the shipments and kinks are worked out, we will be putting together an FAQ section as well as troubleshooting steps for all customers to visually read/see some details. We will also be making short videos for all customers on important tips. This forum is extremely valuable in terms of content so your feedback is much appreciated.

Zondo

Just that dude
I want to share this in case anybody else out there in a similar situation. A customer called 2 days ago claiming that they get no vapor and their unit is not sitting right. They said that they have been reading the forum here and there is a known issue with the seal. We could not convince the customer for a troubleshoot so asked them to send the unit back. Here is the situation below:

We have 1 groove on the top lid and 1 edge on the bottom tray. This is for users to simply match the tray/lid when they open/close. The other purpose is to let users open the lid without spilling their goods. Here is the picture of the lid/tray setup.

5gNrjGZ.jpg

We thought it is extremely self explanatory to a user in terms of how the lid and tray fits together but looks like we were wrong. The unit comes back as below:

8wLItcD.jpg

So looks like the customer tried to force fit the tray into the lid from the opposite side. We did not even know that this was possible but now we learned. The unit was not even locking properly let alone sealing.

As soon as the shipments and kinks are worked out, we will be putting together an FAQ section as well as troubleshooting steps for all customers to visually read/see some details. We will also be making short videos for all customers on important tips. This forum is extremely valuable in terms of content so your feedback is much appreciated.
No freaking way... I think you may have kids buying this or something

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

5gNrjGZ.jpg

8wLItcD.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a complete dumb-ass... I did that the first day :doh:.

it seemed to seat very well in the wrong position too :rofl:

little maggie

wondering about shipping experience: ups says it was dropped off on April 20 but then nothing further has happened. I'm in no hurry but I haven't seen this kind of non movement from ups before.

little maggie,
Reactions: steama

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Not to bash Haze but anything with UX (user experience) that can go wrong, will go wrong! You'd figure with vaporizers it'd be mostly grown adults with problem solving skills operating these, but it seems like a relatively easy, honest mistake to make. Especially if a little baked.

Can't wait to hear what others think of the Square! Each pay cheque I get, I inch closer to a Square of my own :)

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
As a Haze Dual 2+3 owner, I can attest to their support - always great. This is a learning process for everyone, and they are quick to fix probs.

So I have found some inconsistencies in the cook - some bowls look fully vaped, others no so much.

Not sure the temps are right or consistent with the software. Hotter sometimes seems cooler, and vice versa.

I also tried to make a "mini-bowl" like others on the forum, I tried placing 1 or 2 of the oil pads on top of the bowl. I figured it would press the load against the bottom, closest to the coil and slightly packed. I actually worked okay, for a few tasty hits.

While I've used friend's convection vapes before (like the Ghost), I've never really analyzed it. It sure feels like I get less hits per bowl, but they are super potent. A few solid hits off a fully loaded Square bowl hits me like 10 off the Dual. Not scientific, but I had a similar feeling using the Ghost and those tiny little pods. One good hit - cool, not thick cloudy as all - reminded me of hitting a bag (Rise or Volcano), which are also convection.

I think @Haze Vaporizers mentioned a micro-bowl in the future - great idea, cause man those bowls are giant. I measured 2 of my normally packed Dual cans fit into a Square can, lightly packed.

llamaman001

Im going for one last spin around the block and then Ill be shipping my square back to haze. Turns out you only have to send the bottom portion with the heater, not the top part that has seen "use", which makes me feel much more comfortable.

Its been fun trying to DIY and troubleshoot this device but my lungs have seen more combustion with this vaporizer than they have in the last 4 years lol. Ill report back once I have it back in my hands and will let yall know how much of a change it really makes.

Whisper

After studying this forum,, I started to wonder if there was some visual reason for my issues. I have taken photos that I think will show how my square seems to be out of alignment. I will post as soon as I figure out how to post the photos.

Whisper,

llamaman001

Whisper you probably have the same issue I was having. At first when my screws werent tightened all the way so the thing was SUPER off balance. Once side was way higher than the other. Once that was taken care of the device looked to be completely even but its not. If I remember correctly Haze said the oring attachment for the air pathway was off by like .012mm so we are talking about an offset that the normal human eye probably wouldent even notice. My point being, even if it looks even and flush, its probably not.

Top Bottom