Discontinued Haze Square

MonkeyTime

I dont understand this.. I regularly do rosin dabs plus a bed of flower in my mighty at 375 and it always vapes the rosin thoroughly.. Do you really need it to be at 450 or is that just the case since its pure convection?

I'm learning to make rosin while I learn how I like to vape it. I didn't have great luck with the Mighty and dosage cap/pad, I tried it up to 410F and it dissipated, but little vapor and effects. The Square I tried up to 430F with the SS pad and gasket and got some vapor, not great, but not bad and effects were good. My F2 has been the best with it just wrapped in degumped hemp going up to 430F, good vapor and effects.

But like I said, I'm working with varying product and learning techniques :razz:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The one thing that does get to me about this one is the mouthpiece. It could be a touch longer, very minor gripe. It cools the vapor very well, love it for that! I consider the fit a fail. The other day, with the unit cold, I ended up turning it upside down as I looked at the chamber dots, and it fell out. Nothing attached, not moving fast, just fell out. It's also loose during use, I never feel like it's secure.
Do they use an o-ring on the mouthpiece at all?

paytonpenn,

MonkeyTime

Do they use an o-ring on the mouthpiece at all?
Two, spaced just a bit apart.

I've been contacted by @Haze Vaporizers and they let me know mine sounds out of tolerance and they're sending me another.

For on-demand convection without a learning curve, this thing is beyond solid as is. Correct a few little things that may be my opinion more than general consensus, and it's a winner.

Zondo

Just that dude
Two, spaced just a bit apart.

I've been contacted by @Haze Vaporizers and they let me know mine sounds out of tolerance and they're sending me another.
The sliding out of housing only happened to me when I mistakenly put it upside down. Also, did they say it shouldn't move during use? (When you actually set it to breathe in) Because mine moves back and forth apart 3 mm. I'm also noticing right now that the rings seem... To not protrude out as much, compared to when I first got it.

Zondo,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
FWIW, my mouthpiece is fine. Good seal, holds in both places. A teeny weeny bit wobbly when in use position, but not a concern tbh. Will see if that changes over time.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Wowie! Awesome summary Monkey!

So you're enjoying the flavor and draw resistance from the Square? Those are my two other questions and wondering how those aspects compare to the Mighty and Fury 2. I know I'd absolutely love either of the three however the quad chamber is such a turn one for friend group and I've always wanted an on-demand convection unit.

VAS is starting to get a hold of me. This is dangerous. please send help

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I'm disappointed and frustrated. I've been super sick, so I have not had a chance to take my Square for a spin since I've received it. I'm finally healthy enough to start vaping again, but my Square - temp button does not work. Since I can't change temperature, I'm not even going to try to load and use it. I'm waiting to hear back from Haze.

c76man,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I'm disappointed and frustrated. I've been super sick, so I have not had a chance to take my Square for a spin since I've received it. I'm finally healthy enough to start vaping again, but my Square - temp button does not work. Since I can't change temperature, I'm not even going to try to load and use it. I'm waiting to hear back from Haze.
Responded to your PM

MonkeyTime

This is great. I like lower temps but most things I have seen have been running this vape pretty high temps to get vapor. Thanks!
Hogwash!

Read that and loaded a half filled, fluffy load of .08 and ran it at 460F, my lowest setting....

First pull was flavor and a little vapor, go figure with convection.

Next four were very nice clouds for the Sour Hound I'm running. It doesn't make the best of clouds, but it puts me to bed. I got another 4 nice hits after at 420F to finish her off.

There was a post earlier that mentioned really liking or looking forward to the four chambers. Of all of this units positives for me, that is far down on the list. I'm really beginning to appreciate this thing, and I think I would have preferred a single bowl and larger battery/smaller form factor!

Having all four loaded works for me sometimes, and then I love it! But more often I want to reload before they're all spent and that can be messy.

A slight redirection for 2.0 with an enclosed capsule on that silicone tray and four becomes a luxury!

I'm In mean time, I still really enjoy packing this thing differently every time. It behaves differently from anything else I've tried or have.

And four bowls are fun when you're playing :science:

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
@Haze Vaporizers, can you let us know how the firmware updates address the combustion that has been reported, and has it addressed all such reports? I assume chamber load size has not played a role (for those of us that like to microdose)?

Personally, the combustion reports are probably the one concern I have as I consider pulling the trigger on this innovative product.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
FWIW I never had a combustion incident and with the Square I rather like to crank it up to 430. Of course, there's different variables in play with convection vapes (ambient temp, draw speed/length, humidity etc).

How did you guys manage to combust, what setup? What did the firmware update do? (Only if it's non-NDA)

So far I'm really enjoying the Square. I'm not sure how much benefit I personally will have from the 4 chambers (1 or 2 would suffice for me and a bigger battery instead) - but of course, it's very nice to load different material plus concentrates in one go.
Can't tell much scientific about battery life. But there's a significant difference in heat up time if you compare 400F to 415F or 430F. While 400F could be 10 secs, 430F is rather 30+ from cold. Haven't timed it exactly though, just some observation. Consequently, it sucks more battery life and it might not last for all 4 chambers w/o recharge.

My fit is pretty tight (borderline overtight) now and I need to compress the two halfs firmly to screw the lock in place. Also, like others have reported, the silicone and upper part fit is some millimeters from perfect and results in the aforementioned tension. (Has been fixed for the second batch already!)
This results in scratching the black coating on different places which doesn't look nice tbh. But just cosmetic wear/damage and not a biggie since I can upgrade one day. definitely looking forward to a smooth one tho as it also affects rotation.
Speaking of, @Haze Vaporizers : is it safe to rotate clock- and counterclockwise?
My unit easily gets stuck when I go back and forth and feels like I might damage something at some point, so I prefer to go one direction only. ( I know we're covered! :) just don't wanna part with it when I can treat it right and avoid that :p)

Just some random thoughts.

Would love to read more from other first batchers!

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Yes the fits are tightened and smoothed. The lid now requires much less finger force to open/close. It also rotates much smoother. The rotation does not matter clockwise or counter clockwise. The firmware addresses few units that are out there who reported the same LED lights for all settings. The few combustion incidents, we believe that it is combination of two things: 1) few of the units that were shipped, have slightly raised ovens which come too close to the pods. 2) The default temperature settings on the device is too hot for some folks liking.

The first is addressed for the upcoming batch the second is also addressed by the firmware. The PRO has the app so everybody can take the defaults higher or lower to their liking so we do not think that the second one is a real issue.

buckhakeesah

Anyone with regrets since getting a first round or beta? I tend to move on devices if they don't fit into my rotation. The mentions of this one tasting like one of the top tier besting tasting units made me jump on this but would be nice to hear from owners now that they've had it for a moment. This my first experience with Haze and I'm hoping to be very impressed.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom