Discontinued Haze Square

b0

Cloudy...
A USB c port is unnecessary from my understanding and experience.

It's not needed for phones, I would doubt it's needed for this vape.

I'm asking because I'm looking for something that will work though so if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

The USB in this vape is an USB-c lol

caseball2051

The USB in this vape is an USB-c lol

Haze includes the cord with regular usb connection? Why wouldn't it plug in and fast charge? It works in other electronics why would it not work with this vape? Isn't that kinda the point?

Last edited:
caseball2051,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Haze includes the cord with regular usb connection? Why wouldn't it plug in and fast charge? It works in other electronics why would it not work with this vape? Isn't that kinda the point?
The cord they include with USB A to C is not designed for charging. Cords can have different purposes. Their USB C to C cable is fast charging.

I think it's assumed that the device you're using the USB A with is a computer which is inconsistent for providing fast charge. Also seems easier for tests, regulation, and troubleshooting if all charging was dedicated to the original charging cord.

I have found that my other USB C chargers don't behave like the OG Square charging block.

caseball2051

The cord they include with USB A to C is not designed for charging. Cords can have different purposes. Their USB C to C cable is fast charging.

I think it's assumed that the device you're using the USB A with is a computer which is inconsistent for providing fast charge. Also seems easier for tests, regulation, and troubleshooting if all charging was dedicated to the original charging cord.

I have found that my other USB C chargers don't behave like the OG Square charging block.

Interesting.

The cord Haze includes seems to charge my Samsung S8 at the same speed as my other charging setups. I'm not referring to charging with a computer but with a wall plug.

Since that was the case I assumed this other cord could be used to charge as well using a portable battery.

So this is not recommended?

Last edited:
caseball2051,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Interesting.

The cord Haze includes seems to charge my Samsung S8 at the same speed as my other charging setups.

Since that was the case I assumed this other cord could be used to charge as well using a portable battery.

So this is not recommended?
The cord works fine on my Essential Phone as well. But the Haze Square interacts to my Essential Charger differently. There is always too much unecessary rambling in this thread so maybe I skipped over the actual discussion.

The other cord was intended to connect to your PC so it should be a data oriented cable rather than charge.

I'll say both cords may charge other devices but from my experience the Square itself doesn't seem to be charged the same way it gets charged in it's power block. But these experiences could have been changed with them modifying firmware. Possibly I was experiencing a bug.

Stdudez

To break it down further - your phones that "quick charge" have a special chip in them made by Qualcomm that allows them to "quick charge" - which is proprietary to those phone manufactures. Many power bricks have this same circuitry since its a commonly used element in today's phones. However, both the device and the battery bank or power brick have to have the same circuitry for it to actually fast charge. The Haze Square doesn't have "quick charge" circuitry in it - at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't. So when you use USB-A to USB-C cable, even with a quick charge power brick, it will not actually fast charge.

However, it does have a newer more universal form of quick charge called Power Delivery. I know this because I have a power bank that has power delivery, and a green LED that illuminates when it connects to another Power Delivery device - which it does when connected with the square. That and I know its fast charging because it still charges in the normal 40ish minutes. It will only fast charge using the USB C to USB C cable and not the A, which again solidifies my point that the square does not have Qualcomm quick charge circuitry in it. Here's the powerbank I bought - some cheap offbrand but working fine and had good reviews. I think think they also make a smaller 10k Mah:

USB C Power Bank, Omars 20000 mAh PD... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMLVR6C?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

wastedpotential

To break it down further - your phones that "quick charge" have a special chip in them made by Qualcomm that allows them to "quick charge" - which is proprietary to those phone manufactures. Many power bricks have this same circuitry since its a commonly used element in today's phones. However, both the device and the battery bank or power brick have to have the same circuitry for it to actually fast charge. The Haze Square doesn't have "quick charge" circuitry in it - at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't. So when you use USB-A to USB-C cable, even with a quick charge power brick, it will not actually fast charge.

However, it does have a newer more universal form of quick charge called Power Delivery. I know this because I have a power bank that has power delivery, and a green LED that illuminates when it connects to another Power Delivery device - which it does when connected with the square. That and I know its fast charging because it still charges in the normal 40ish minutes. It will only fast charge using the USB C to USB C cable and not the A, which again solidifies my point that the square does not have Qualcomm quick charge circuitry in it. Here's the powerbank I bought - some cheap offbrand but working fine and had good reviews. I think think they also make a smaller 10k Mah:

USB C Power Bank, Omars 20000 mAh PD... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMLVR6C?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Thanks for the info. I wanted to say something about how chargers are not simple connectors and volts, but I didn't know the full details of Quick Charge vs Power Delivery. Makes it much easier to explain now.

ginolicious

Thought I would provide some insight on what is working for me right now. This is my second load in the same pod. No deep clean yet. Did wipe the screen with an iso wipe before second bowl. But that was it.

I have been vaping the same pod for this is now my third day. Been vaping at 390 and now up to 400. Today I did a full 10 second pull first hit. No vapour. Since this is a half vaped bowl flavour isn’t the greatest. Second hit I only did for 2-3 seconds. No vapour. But obviously I was only trying to heat the bowl. Third hit huge vapour. Didn’t do the full 10 seconds. Huge cloud. And I coughed. Could feel the vapor coming in hard at the end. Thought I was going to combust. But no I did not.

ginolicious,

ChickenNugget

I wondered if the v2 Square could have a Bluetooth chip or maybe that would be too costly. It would just be nice too not rely on a computer. I don't have Windows 10 or a mac so being able to change temps on the fly and check other stats like battery and usage would be convenient. If the temps could auto-step that would be cool. I'm just throwing things out there. I understand that the Bluetooth would most likely need a redesign and that expense isn't needed for a good experience. There is always a v3 though haha

ChickenNugget,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I wondered if the v2 Square could have a Bluetooth chip or maybe that would be too costly. It would just be nice too not rely on a computer. I don't have Windows 10 or a mac so being able to change temps on the fly and check other stats like battery and usage would be convenient. If the temps could auto-step that would be cool. I'm just throwing things out there. I understand that the Bluetooth would most likely need a redesign and that expense isn't needed for a good experience. There is always a v3 though haha
We are looking into this but the biggest challenge is the power consumption of the bluetooth at the moment

ginolicious

I say no for Bluetooth. Yeah it would be cool but if it’s gonna kill our batteries or increase costs of unit I’m not down. Even with a free upgrade. But that’s just me. It would price this unit out of grasp for people. Think haze nailed the market type for this. If they are gonna spend money in making something better I say the finish over Bluetooth. Mind you my finish hasn’t peeled they had recently. Just a bit on the knob.

ginolicious,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I say no for Bluetooth. Yeah it would be cool but if it’s gonna kill our batteries or increase costs of unit I’m not down. Even with a free upgrade. But that’s just me. It would price this unit out of grasp for people. Think haze nailed the market type for this. If they are gonna spend money in making something better I say the finish over Bluetooth. Mind you my finish hasn’t peeled they had recently. Just a bit on the knob.
Yah much rather have 2x battery lifd than Bluetooth. Plus once you mess with temps a few times and find your sweet spot you don't go back much. Sucks if you dont have win 10 though.

RogueGuy,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
You can bet next version will have longer lasting batteries....
Seems like making a spot for a couple rechargable batteries would be easy.

Dying without my square. Not only is it broken but I was not able to print my service form so I have not been able to send it in.

I'm hitting a CFX through an expensive honeycomb bubbled dab rig and its not as smooth as the Square without water.

RogueGuy,
Reactions: Easywider

FC123

What I would appreciate much more would be setting temps lower than 160°C. Square is really designed for weed consumption but it would add more versatility when the square could heat at a lower temp. Like 130°C. Would love it if it could be upgraded via firmware.

FC123,

Djsleepy

Seems like making a spot for a couple rechargable batteries would be easy.
you must not have been under the hood of yours....battery is almost one side of unit....I don't know where they would put it.....that leaves me thinking more expensive battery with larger capacity for power built in...if that makes any sense....

Djsleepy,

ChickenNugget

We are looking into this but the biggest challenge is the power consumption of the bluetooth at the moment
Bluetooth has come a long way over the years. If it we're a use it as needed basis and then you could shut the Bluetooth off when you are done fiddling around to prevent unnecessary drain. It just seems to limit the potential when you need an additional device to change temps. Then again that's why you guys did a regular and pro version for the users who want that option. I knew what I was getting into but yes would much rather have the improved battery life over changing temps on the fly.

ChickenNugget,
Reactions: Easywider

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
you must not have been under the hood of yours....battery is almost one side of unit....I don't know where they would put it.....that leaves me thinking more expensive battery with larger capacity for power built in...if that makes any sense....
Swappable rechargeables at better than current performance

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
as @RogueGuy said, swappable batteries is a must,
Make shallower and smaller diameter bowls/pods, no need for bigger or different battery,
....pods tray will need to be remade too...
..... maybe heater casing and coil needs to be remade, smaller, or maybe not, probably will vape very well the outer ring of the pod, or the whole pod, who knows...
.....but keep same concept,
.....same battery size, maybe more juice,
.....maybe they can shave some size, overall volume too...
....more presets, around 15 imo, from 350F to 500F, 10F or 5F increments,
....blinking while heating, the color of the selected preset as many users have noted,
....extra screens, at bottom and top of pod, but something well done, to avoid extra cleaning,

wastedpotential

Maybe have Bluetooth enabled ONLY for update.
Activated only while plugged into the charger, and with a switch only accessible with the top (pod case) off.
We shouldn't need to update the settings much once we find what works best for our needs.

Top Bottom