Discontinued Haze Square

ryfle

Hey y'all,

Great news to report. I'm glad I came to the forum and asked questions and got great help from @ginolicious @Djsleepy @MinnBobber and @AJS . After opening the top part of the vape I noticed it was filty with unvaped hash oil that spilled from the container even though I didn't load a ton, but apparently enough and also just a nice coat of resin from typical vaping for a week or so. So I cleaned that with iso, somewhat tedious but not terrible. It's a little ridiculous though haha. All the things you have to do to clean this but I'm glad you are able to actually deep clean it as opposed to the old Haze I had, you basically couldn't clean under the ovens and were screwed. So that is a nice change of pace. But there are so many parts and areas that need cleaning after a week or so of use. Most of it was my first attempts at hash oil so it's my own fault. I have learned from it and will load the smallest bit possible. I already sandwiched it between the pads and used the topper but it still got very messy with a medium sized bowl.

BUT, in other news, I also plugged it in and changed the temps. Big props to @Djsleepy hahaha. Shit cracked me up, I was laughing. I didn't actually turn it on when I plugged it in, cause it was day 1 and I was afraid the damn thing would just start heating up or something. Either way, changing the heat is a fucking game changer. Makes me wonder if maybe the default temps should be raised. I'm sure this has been discussed. But wow changing the 430 to 450ish is quite a huge difference for the one hit experience. Because like I said previously, brand new I tried it on default high with full battery and it wasn't producing the greatest hits. But now it's cloud city baby, it's borderline combusting though so gotta be careful with that, and the flavor isn't as great when it combusts obviously. Anwyay, that's my train of thought. Wanted to give you guys an update.

TL;DR Fixed vape by changing heat settings to be higher, deep cleaned the vape, and learned that hash oil is very unforgiving haha. Be fucking careful with hash oil.

Last edited:

uhDAIRYuh

Question everyone!!

I was charging my square and noticed that the light stayed on red for over an hour and a half. I haven't had issues charging this vaporizer and now unplugged from the charger the right light continues to glow and the vaporizer will not turn on any advice?

uhDAIRYuh,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Wow, the forum was really busy today.

A couple of thoughts on cleaning.

If you clean it every day or 2 you can do it in like 10 minutes.

The fact that the Square is completely serviceable and all parts are replaceable is pretty amazing.

The price is -$200. As @Djsleepy pointed out you can get a full air path / lid assembly for under $30 shipped. So for less then other high end portables you can have a spare.

Cleaning is a small price for amazing performance.

A thought on performance.

I try for clouds, its more satisfying, but sometimes I don't get any. But if I take 4-10 hits I always feel it. I go through 8-10 pods a day.

The only time I get good hits on first and second hits is off a fresh bowl. An old bowl always needs a few good warm up hits to get going again.

Mine went back to the shop twice. It works great now. Definitely takes technique and getting used to but well worth it.

And @Haze Vaporizers has been a great company to work with. Really excited to see how the Square will evolve.

Petunia Vanish

5MGSLht_d.jpg

This looks awesome

Djsleepy

Also do you have any links/suggestions on grinders? Guess I'll give a new grinder a go and see how that turns out.

many of us learned from forum that magic.flight finishing grinder is perfect for this vape....I didn't think it made much difference but I was wrong....way better taste and experience with mffg!

Question everyone!!

I was charging my square and noticed that the light stayed on red for over an hour and a half. I haven't had issues charging this vaporizer and now unplugged from the charger the right light continues to glow and the vaporizer will not turn on any advice?
Check inside ....there is a piece of putty like material that sometimes gets stuck to button...mine was stuck on could not shut off....readjusted putty material...good to go...hope it helps!

How would you say they work compared to w/out???difference in taste, vapor production?

Last edited by a moderator:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: O-G-Reg

ginolicious

Last night was getting crappy hits on a half vaped bowl already. Still got me high. Decided to do a deep clean at 9:30 at night. So I did. Then I ground up some real fine Gran Daddy Purple. Was not dust but it was orettt damn fine in consistency. Used the pod to scoop the weed out of the grinder. Used my finger to level off the pod and went to down. First hit wasn’t much vapour. I was drawing way to slow. On my 4th hit I had a huge cloud. Could barely see it due to the lighting and it being real dark but I saw a full lung full exhale but not didn’t linger, not that I could see. Mainly due to lighting. I tell you that hit rocked me. I went to check abv damn was getting a nice browning. Tried to go to sleep and that didn’t happen. Surprised the gran daddy purple didn’t knock me out. One thing to add is that I’m still learning to use my unit. If I pull too slow in some erb I grt no visible vapour but still get rocked. Sometimes I need to pull a little harder and quicker to get enough air to pass through. Definitely have to adjust m draw for the type of bud. I didn’t use my unit for a day and it appears I forgot how to use it. I don’t wnna pull too quick so I cool down my weed but I don’t wanna pull too slow and not allow for enough air to pass through.

I forgot to add that I am also in aggreance with a 1/4 bowl. This will be interesting to be able to change the sizes. Not sure how that’s going to work. But sounds cool.

Djsleepy

No doubt @ginolicious ....imo all weed will need different draw techs. As well pack and tamp. Even the same weed dried out can be different o n how you do everything. For sures.....fine grind, light to barely any tamp, and when the stars are aligned .....it is a BEAST!!!!!!

ginolicious

No doubt @ginolicious ....imo all weed will need different draw techs. As well pack and tamp. Even the same weed dried out can be different o n how you do everything. For sures.....fine grind, light to barely any tamp, and when the stars are aligned .....it is a BEAST!!!!!!

Yup. Totally agree. I’m gonna start pulling a little quicker than usual. And if that doesn’t work I’ll slow it down. But it seems the quicker and harder pulls produce better. More air getting through the bud.

O-G-Reg

I tried the idea @ginolicious had of just grinding upside down with my 4 piece metal grinder and it was actually pretty fine. Never thought to do that. I appreciate the link though.
Tip for upside down grinding: take the bottom 2 pieces off so you dont get the contents of your bottom chamber dispersed throughout your grinder.

S&B orange 2 picece works very very well for the haze too if you happen to have one of those!

O-G-Reg,

buchee

Question everyone!!

Hey uhDAIRYuh,
I had this happen to me yesterday . I plugged in the square pro into the wall charger and came back 20 minutes later and the light was solid red and no amount of button pushing was turning it off. I had to unplug the battery to turn it off. Now it doesn't turn on. Probably due to voltage fluctuation I was told. So I mailed mine back again just now (second time now, first was a different issue) Not ideal as I'm going to cottage for a week and now I'm super bummed. If I didn't love this vape so much I wouldn't care but OMG I LOVE THIS VAPE!!
So I would contact Haze and they'll get you squared away.

buchee,
Reactions: dood44

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hey uhDAIRYuh,
I had this happen to me yesterday . I plugged in the square pro into the wall charger and came back 20 minutes later and the light was solid red and no amount of button pushing was turning it off. I had to unplug the battery to turn it off. Now it doesn't turn on. Probably due to voltage fluctuation I was told. So I mailed mine back again just now (second time now, first was a different issue) Not ideal as I'm going to cottage for a week and now I'm super bummed. If I didn't love this vape so much I wouldn't care but OMG I LOVE THIS VAPE!!
So I would contact Haze and they'll get you squared away.
Thank you. The latest firmware upgrade offers protection against this so I encourage all owners to upgrade their firmware.

buchee

Thank you. The latest firmware upgrade offers protection against this so I encourage all owners to upgrade their firmware.
As a suggestion to make owners aware of the firmware upgrade perhaps include a reminder in the packaging that stands out.(maybe their is but I did not see it.) I would've done this had I known the consequences of not doing it. Hindsight is always 20/20 of course. Haze to the rescue. :wave:

EDIT: I received an email that the mac app is available. I dont need it but I also noticed in the email to upgrade your firmware. Ahhhhh!! why didn't I read this yesterday. Disaster could have been avoided. :cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom