Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

The original manual which I have a copy of it.....said the coils would last 6-8 months depend ing on usage...they changed version of manual that went out with units.

the new coils are thicker and more durable as mine has not moved since July 4 ....no warping ...no crawling up the side....

Curious how long new coils will last. Well I guess we wait and see now haha.

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

Curious how long new coils will last. Well I guess we wait and see now haha.

obviously coil life could depend on the following....high temps , dbl/trpl pressing, length of time you hold button during draw, and time....so imo every users coil life will be different....that's why I think they changed wording on manual

Djsleepy,
Reactions: dood44

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I tried to record this video with my phone in one hand and paper clip on the other but hope this helps:

https://imgur.com/a/qUD41mO
That’s what I do...
But, please Haze, those seem like plastic coated paper clips...
If tiny or too small for the eye plastic particles stick in the coil, you’ll vape/combust them to your lungs... if you re-set the same coil back
...And before someone comes nagging, saying: “but you’re going to get rid of the coil anyways”
... not always the case, coil warps and shrinks due to double or triple presses and probably coil materials
...sometimes I take the coil out to reshape it and bend it customized to my preferences
.... and the bug still there

I know you’re working on it, and this is serious feedback from someone that does 12 pods minimum a day.
I’m a heavyweight user.
...2 EVOs 24/7/365 plugged to a WEMO
... one VRod 24/7 too... soon 2 x VRods ;)
...A couple Solos and oil pens in the car
...Milaana at home for those tasty ones
... Nomad waiting list
...and many more that don’t deserve to be mentioned

And I’m around an 1/8 plus of weed per day, lost count on concentrates already, since 2011
I’m a functional human being with a formal job...
So, @Haze Vaporizers take my feedback as you like it, but I have some experience with vapes.
Stay vaped...
Z.C

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
+1 for the crowd who would like something to change with the first heatup. To me its the most important change that could be made.
If its a detectable event, id like to see the flashing light until its good to use without combustion. Id MUCH rather wait an extra few seconds. If I didn’t visit this forum I may still be combusting and have given up on this thing I’ve come to love!

Couldn't agree more. If they know that it takes 2-3 seconds after green on first hit, make it become green then so it's safe!! We're stoners, we gonna forget at some point and totally burn our weed.

If they sort that out and improve the quality of the painting (because it doesn't look like anodizing to be honest) this vape will be perfect! :)

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Couldn't agree more. If they know that it takes 2-3 seconds after green on first hit, make it become green then so it's safe!! We're stoners, we gonna forget at some point and totally burn our weed.

If they sort that out and improve the quality of the painting (because it doesn't look like anodizing to be honest) this vape will be perfect! :)
We’re on the same page here...
Crossing fingers for you man...
You’re across the Atlantic, aren’t you??
Mailing back and forth sucks...
Stay vaped man...
Z.C.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Personally the bright glow from cold start doesn't bother me, I just wait 1-2 seconds after heatup is green and I'm good to go.

My #1 gripe with a very easy solution (possibly microdose pods will help) is the cleaning aspect and how much shit gets stuck to that top stainless steel roof. If there was a stainless steel screen that could go over the pod, all you'd have to clean was that screen instead of the entire vape. Eventually oils would build of course, but the screen would help with particles. Any sort of enclosed pod with a screen roof would help with the maintenance of this vape.

Gripe #2 is the massive bowl size. Stoked for the microdose pods, I see that as priority in my eyes.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Personally the bright glow from cold start doesn't bother me, I just wait 1-2 seconds after heatup is green and I'm good to go.

My #1 gripe with a very easy solution (possibly microdose pods will help) is the cleaning aspect and how much shit gets stuck to that top stainless steel roof. If there was a stainless steel screen that could go over the pod, all you'd have to clean was that screen instead of the entire vape. Eventually oils would build of course, but the screen would help with particles. Any sort of enclosed pod with a screen roof would help with the maintenance of this vape.

Gripe #2 is the massive bowl size. Stoked for the microdose pods, I see that as priority in my eyes.
Thank you. Both of your suggestions are in the works at the moment.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard

I've been using these: https://imgur.com/5MGSLht

$10 for 10 h
ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Q6KPMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

AJS

Calm Consistency
You're the bomb, thanks for listening. This vape has incredible potential and works great, just a few inconveniences to get 'squared' away. Opening the tray and seeing the pods with half the herb stuck to the top screen and herb all around the tray so I have to take out each pod and blow off the tray, just kinda gets annoying. I'll try throwing an 18mm screen over my herb to see if that helps, will report back.

Keep up the good work Haze!

Edit: @Solomon those working out well for you? They seem interesting for sure!

Edit2: tried the screen method, I just cut a larger one to size. As you can see in the pic, I just placed it over bowl and let it rest there, kept the lid screen perfect, and abv looks nice. https://imgur.com/a/FkVjEVq

I also found out I cut it perfectly enough so it wedges itself against the lid if I want. I'll try that next. https://m.imgur.com/ROdvzh1

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...

And this is why I decided to support this company and don't regret it. They not only have an amazing cs, they also listen to us and improve their unit.

Keep up the good work @Haze Vaporizers, your unit is already impressing all the old dogs here and I'm sure it's gonna get only better!!

ryfle

Hey y'all,

I got my Haze Square about a week or so ago and I love it! I also own the v2 Haze and have been a Haze supporter since v1 Haze (I upgraded).

The Square is amazing for on-demand hits if you double/triple hit it but it almost never hits well if I try to single hit it. I've tried variations of bowl size, pull speeds, temps, etc. Nothing seems to make it much better other than double or triple hitting it which feels like I'm tricking the device and probably deteriorating it quicker. But when I do double or triple hit it, it typically gives me a great cloud or two but it gets super hot and sometimes seems like it combusts.

So my question is this, does the firmware affect the overall hits of the vape? Or do I need a new coil? I've tried cleaning the thing out with alcohol and water to no avail. How can I get nice hits at medium to medium-high heat without double/triple hitting it?

That is all. Again I'm sure this is covered a dozen times, sorry for the repeat.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey y'all,

I got my Haze Square about a week or so ago and I love it! I also own the v2 Haze and have been a Haze supporter since v1 Haze (I upgraded).

The Square is amazing for on-demand hits if you double/triple hit it but it almost never hits well if I try to single hit it. I've tried variations of bowl size, pull speeds, temps, etc. Nothing seems to make it much better other than double or triple hitting it which feels like I'm tricking the device and probably deteriorating it quicker. But when I do double or triple hit it, it typically gives me a great cloud or two but it gets super hot and sometimes seems like it combusts.

So my question is this, does the firmware affect the overall hits of the vape? Or do I need a new coil? I've tried cleaning the thing out with alcohol and water to no avail. How can I get nice hits at medium to medium-high heat without double/triple hitting it?

That is all. Again I'm sure this is covered a dozen times, sorry for the repeat.
Try very fine grind packed 85% full. Higher temps.

ginolicious

Hey y'all,

What temps are you using? You shouldnt have to double press. I would try starting at 400. See if that helps and do a fine grind.

ginolicious,

ryfle

Hey thanks Gino and AJS. So what all does the Firmware do? Would be nice if they had that listed on their firmware page.

Also do you have any links/suggestions on grinders? Guess I'll give a new grinder a go and see how that turns out.

Edit: I typically use the highest temp setting on default, when it's fully charged I'll try the 3rd temp on default double pressing it gets okay hits but the highest temp double hitting gets the best results. I don't have usb-c yet to change the temps.

ryfle,

ginolicious

You don’t need USB c to change temperature. Unit comes with a regular USB cable that plugs into computer and then into the vape. As for the grinding any 4 piece grinder will work, just flip it upside down to grind. Are you pulling nice and slow and hard? Can you hear the air entering the unit? If not you are not pulling hard enough. You need to pull slow. It’s not like your Dual. Firmware just fixed something with the battery. Overcharging or something. Can’t remeber. It’s a few pages back.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Summer

ryfle

You don’t need USB c to change temperature. Unit comes with a regular USB cable that plugs into computer and then into the vape. As for the grinding any 4 piece grinder will work, just flip it upside down to grind. Are you pulling nice and slow and hard? Can you hear the air entering the unit? If not you are not pulling hard enough. You need to pull slow. It’s not like your Dual. Firmware just fixed something with the battery. Overcharging or something. Can’t remeber. It’s a few pages back.

I've tried doing all sorts of different pulls and I've taken quite a few hits on it since I've had it. Probably 80+ bowls or so. My buddy also has a Phase 1 and he's had the same issues. Ended up sending his back cause they thought it could be a problem with the lids or suction or something I forget. But he got his back and nothing was different still not hitting well unless he double or triple hits it just like me.

Also I tried using the regular USB into my PC with the app, and it never detected the vape. Tried different USB ports, restarting the computer, and it didn't recognize it. I believe it would still charge, but the app did not recognize any connected vapes. And it doesn't say anywhere in the documentation that you can use regular USB to connect to change temps, are you sure you can?

Thanks for the timely responses!

These look rad! How well does it work? I would love to keep the vape cleaner if possible and the sticking flower to the top is always dirtying it up. I see they are making something but if I can grab this now and not have to wait a long time that would be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

Yes you can. I do not have USB c on my computer. My vape changes temperature as well. Try turning in the vape?

Regarding hitting, maybe take apart your unit do a deep clean and re assemble. You should be getting something.

ginolicious,

ryfle

Yes you can. I do not have USB c on my computer. My vape changes temperature as well. Try turning in the vape?

Regarding hitting, maybe take apart your unit do a deep clean and re assemble. You should be getting something.
Alright will do thanks man! But when I had it brand new it was the same sort of hits. Same with my friend's vape. We both watched that vape critic dude hitting it and we were sold. Then we get it in the mail and try it out and there are no clouds at all just whispy little vape dust haha until we double/triple hit it.

Yesterday I did a pretty deep clean, but I can clean it even more I didn't take apart the screens cause I'm afraid haha. Luckily I got that tray thing yesterday so it will be easier now. Perhaps that will help.

I do think it's a bit strange that a seasoned stoner such as myself can't seem to get a good hit on this just by pressing it one time with the highest temp. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get good hits on a device like this. Don't get me wrong, the thing is rad, I love the concept. But I just feel it needed a bit more work before even these initial phases got sent out if the user can't even use the device in a basic manner without trying all sorts of methods. Again, love the device just wish it worked brand new out of the box on highest temp setting getting good hits by pressing it once. That's all I'm saying. If it happened to me and my friend, it's happening to others. We aren't that stupid haha.

Thanks again for your help Gino.

MinnBobber

Yesterday I did a pretty deep clean, but I can clean it even more I didn't take apart the screens cause I'm afraid haha. Luckily I got that tray thing yesterday so it will be easier now. Perhaps that will help.
FYI, a deep clean IS cleaning the SS screens cuz they are the most critical element.
IMO, good choice to not go that deep until you got the tray as I find it nearly impossible
to re-assemble without the tray.

Those SS screens/plates are really easy to clog, those sticky rosins can quickly clog the holes.

Report back as I'd bet the deep cleaning will be a huge improvement....

ginolicious

Legit deep cleans are critical. I’m not getting any good hits right now and I know it’s because I wiped the screens and didn’t do a deep clean. It’s essential. As for it working out of the box, it took me a few days to get it right. That video of vape critic wasn’t his first go. Didn’t really wanna deep clean tonight. But I guess I am.

ginolicious,
Reactions: dood44

Djsleepy

Hey thanks Gino and AJS. So what all does the Firmware do? Would be nice if they had that listed on their firmware page.

Also do you have any links/suggestions on grinders? Guess I'll give a new grinder a go and see how that turns out.

Edit: I typically use the highest temp setting on default, when it's fully charged I'll try the 3rd temp on default double pressing it gets okay hits but the highest temp double hitting gets the best results. I don't have usb-c yet to change the temps.

I know this sounds dumb but turn on unit to recognize on app... I didnt do it first time...lol...too hazed......

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I know this sounds dumb but turn on unit to recognize on app... I didnt do it first time...lol...too hazed......
Not dumb at all... I think a large majority of us made this error (at least once!)

Even more specific note to 1st time app users:
Once plugged into computer the Red light will show up but this doesn’t mean the Square is on. You still need to click button 3 times to turn on and light will turn blue.

Top Bottom