Discontinued Haze Square

Magistra

Since its a non business day, thought id see if any of you had this issue. I had my square on charge, just like any other time. I took it off and the light was still solid green. The square was also very hot. Put in the freezer to cool down. I'm 30 mins out now and the green light is still on and square got hot again. Tried to do the update in case that was the issue, but I guess the square is still considered "on". Anybody have an issue like this? Or a way to resolve it?

Did you get it figured out? This same thing has just happened to me, except mine is not hot.

Magistra,

Djsleepy

I would like to say the following pieces;

I’m extremely happy with my unit. It hits great. Getting good clouds and great taste. Just realized that I’m vaping bowls too long and should be cashing them out sooner.

No matter what haze vaporizers does someone is unhappy, threatens to use it as a paper weight, or claims their is a design flaw.

Let’s break this down for a second here;

This unit heats up almost instantly and maintains temp. How do you expect it to do that without pumping heat at a crazy rate at the beginning? You need the coil to go super hot on the initial heat up so that the ambient temperature gets where you need it to be in a short amount of time. That didn’t make sense? I’ll explain in another way, you have a pot of water. You want it to boil, if you put it on setting 5 it’ll take real long to heat up. But if you put it on setting 9 or high it will bring your pot of water to boiling a lot quicker than if it was on medium heat. The same can be said about the coil on this vape.

I feel for haze. Everyone wants something and they are doing their best to do mouth pieces, micro dose and everything. Lately it feels like no one is happy and is vocalizing it very strongly. I have to say kudos to Haze for the way they are dealing with everything.

@Haze Vaporizers thank you! Several of us have been trying to tell forum that first hit combustion is not a bug! I feel like @ginolicious .....Haze has bent over backwards to get everything out and fix all issues...and I say they have done a stellar job!

I was one of the first people who sent their in their units and even though I had to send back three times due to a bad board ...I finally got what I wanted...a bad ass vape that hits like a Mack truck... Haze is a top notch company who is trying to get there incredible product to the masses....thank them ....don't hate them....

ginolicious

QUESTION I have only enough herb to fill the pod 1/2 way, what to do?

You put a screen on top like many have reported. Pods aren’t designed for half bowls. You need full. Discussed several times that best results are done with a full bowl. Haze is aware of this, they are coming out with free micro dose pods still in testing. They are shipping 2 for free to everyone who pre ordered. If you are not in USA you need to pay shipping.

Stdudez

Hey guys - a few updates an observations:

First off - my extra 2 trays, battery, black silicone sleeve, and extra tray topper came in the mail while I was on a short vacation. Yay for having 3 fully loaded trays at a time now!!!

Next, yesterday morning and afternoon I was getting extremely wispy weak draws no matter any of the techniques I've been using for grinding, packing, or drawing on the Haze. Finally decided to replace my coil and BAM - massive clouds and consistently good vapor. In fact I had to draw much lighter and let off the button before the full 10 seconds to prevent combustion. The old coil looked somewhat burnt-out and misshapen compared to the new ones so I thought I'd give it a go. Pretty sure that resolved the issue entirely, and I will test it further this morning.

Next - I had the exact same green button issue that others are referencing above yesterday morning.... took it off the charger and the light remained green, and the unit was warm. Triple pressed it like 10 times and could not get the unit to turn on or off. I panicked and plugged it back in. It started blinking red a second like the normal charging light then went green. When I took it off the charger it was back to normal (whew!!!). I have not updated it yet with the new firmware.... should I? Was this related to needing the update?

Also, I appear to have a slightly "burnt" looking black spot inside of the ceramic heater housing... anyone else have this/is it a problem?

Lastly, I'm slightly disappointed in the quality of the anodized coating on the unit, and also the pods. Like others the paint is almost falling off of the top cover - especially around the thumb screw. Also the pods are an issue. I've been using 2 pods in particular for Dabs on 470 - and those two pods looks almost like copper in color now. They've completely lost their black coating - I guess due to the high heat of concentrates?? I don't know.

Overall the shortfalls are still not a huge deal to me and likely all things to be addressed in future iterations and firmware updates. I'll look forward to using my free upgrade down the road knowing that @Haze Vaporizers is the type of company to get it done!

Last edited:

ginolicious

@Stdudez I have some black specs in ceramic hitter as well. Not sure what caused it. Don’t think it’s an issue but yes I’ve noticed it a few weeks ago.

The paint on the unit, yeah it is slowly coming off. Especially around the twist knob to take the tray off. That will be easily fixed in a newer release I believe.

Regarding coil, I’m yet to swap mine out. I’ve had the same coil for about a month of daily use. Did you notice anything siffeeent between either coils? I remember @Djsleepy saying the one that came with the unit wasn’t as fat as the extra one he bought and when he put the new one it he was getting crazy results and was a bit larger. I am curious as to how frequent the coil needs to be changed as I may order a few packs of them if they need to be changed regularly. Not even sure what to look for before needing to change the coil.

ginolicious,
Reactions: dood44

ginolicious

How do you remove and replace the coil?

Just yank it out and shove the ends back in when wanting to install?

Basically yeah. It’s in there a bit snug. Use the tweezers to pull it out. I usually start from the centre of the coil and have it semi propped up giving me more room to get my sweepers in to pull it off. Need to use a bit of force. It does bend don’t worry about that.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Basically yeah. It’s in there a bit snug. Use the tweezers to pull it out. I usually start from the centre of the coil and have it semi propped up giving me more room to get my sweepers in to pull it off. Need to use a bit of force. It does bend don’t worry about that.
I tried to record this video with my phone in one hand and paper clip on the other but hope this helps:

https://imgur.com/a/qUD41mO

ginolicious

Well damn. I never thought to use a paper clip. That seems a lot easier than using the tweezers. Next time I need to pop it out, I think I will use the paper clip.

ginolicious,

Magistra

Hey guys - a few updates an observations:

Next - I had the exact same green button issue thst others are referencing above yesterday morning.... took it off the charger and the light remained green, and the unit was warm. Triple pressed it like 10 times and could not get the unit to turn on or off. I panicked and plugged it back in. It started blinking red a second like the normal charging light then went green. When I took it off the charger it was back to normal (whew!!!). I have not updated it yet with the new firmware.... should I? Was this related to needing the update?

[/USER] is the type of company to get it done!

Thanks, I did try that but it’s still green.

I also emailed Haze, but realize they could be backed up. I also tried plugging in with the ubs cable, but solid green light persists.

Now I’m going to try the firmware update. First time hooking up to my Mac. Any advice, anyone?

Magistra,

Stdudez

Holy smokes - confirmed - the new coil made a massive difference. Honestly, I don't think I've gotten this thick of clouds and solid draws since I recieved the Haze.

Looking at the old one and other remaining new one side-by-side they appear to be very similar in size... if the old one isn't as thick its not really noticable. However the old one looks like it lost its chromed/polished look and looks like steel thats not stainless in color and sheen.

I was on 380 this morning and got 3 of the biggest draws I've had off of the Haze. Super excited and hope this continue trends with the new coil! Also hope you don't have to replace the coil every 2 months to achieve these results!! I'm going to back down the concentrate temp from 480 to 450 to *hopefully* prevent the extreme heat from warping/ruining it faster. I have a feeling that with dry herbs hitting like this, the 480 is now too high of a temp for concentrates.

Last edited:
Stdudez,

ginolicious

Well hats two of you so far who rave about replacing the coil. I guess I’ll gdt in ordering some once the micro dose pods are available. Living in Canada, only want to pay shipping once. Add a pack of o rings as well in my order. May do two packs of coils. But I do agree, I hope the coil doesn’t need to be replaced every 2 months.

O-G-Reg

MAC app is with the Apple support for final review at the moment. It should be at the store , available to download this week.

The initial heat up is necessary and it takes place only at the initial cold heat up. As far as you wait 1-2 seconds within the green go feedback, you should be good. It is not accurate that it stays on for 3 seconds after initial green feedback.

This is not a design flaw. It is how this device operates. We may release a firmware to keep people wait longer of course (at initial warm up) but that will also have its own group of customers who will call it a design flaw. Matter fact, we are used to this term: “Design Flaw”. We will take it under consideration of course and will decide if it is a priority or not.

Right now, the priority for us is the micro dose pods, Android app, mouthpiece alternatives, water tool attachments, accessory/carry case options because 95% of the owners got this concept and they are happy with the performance at the time being.
+1 for the crowd who would like something to change with the first heatup. To me its the most important change that could be made.
If its a detectable event, id like to see the flashing light until its good to use without combustion. Id MUCH rather wait an extra few seconds. If I didn’t visit this forum I may still be combusting and have given up on this thing I’ve come to love!

ginolicious

I’m pretty sure I remember @Haze Vaporizers saying the coils would need replacing about once every 6 months. That seems reasonable to me.

I thought I read that somewhere as well. But then it came up in conversation that it was no longer the case and the 6 months time limit was scrubbed from the internet. With more people swapping out their coils after a month or two, appears they are getting way better results with the newer coil.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I thought I read that somewhere as well. But then it came up in conversation that it was no longer the case and the 6 months time limit was scrubbed from the internet. With more people swapping out their coils after a month or two, appears they are getting way better results with the newer coil.
Hopefully, those that have had to replace already have had to do so due to user error (and/or faulty Haze issues that have now been addressed) and once dialed in, the 6 month time line is more the norm.
I feel like once every two months or so is a bit excessive.
Either way, I am with you; once the microdosing pods are released, I will pick up a few extra coils at the same time.

Djsleepy

The original manual which I have a copy of it.....said the coils would last 6-8 months depend ing on usage...they changed version of manual that went out with units.

the new coils are thicker and more durable as mine has not moved since July 4 ....no warping ...no crawling up the side....

Djsleepy,
Top Bottom