1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

I intend to split my temps and customize. Gonna drop them real low for daytime and then have them go up to 200C max for herb and then a new setting for concentrate. I’m real good with 4 hits. Doing a whole thing was over board.

2. mfw0mb

mfw0mb Dr. Octagon

Filled em full and tamped to be flush with the top. From my use with the GH, it's always smart to leave it just loose enough that air can still flow freely. I think I might have tamped a bit too hard though. I have gotten a couple of bowls that were darker in the center (air flow caused).

Doh! Now I feel like a moron hahaha. Works like a charm when stored correctly. Still a tad loose when being used, but works just fine. Forgot to grab replacement O-rings before leaving work, so still using factory. I like the use of ceramic, but would it be smart to use something like SS that is magnetic and put a small magnet at the bottom of the storage slot? Kind of like a lock to hold it in place. The rest of the airflow path is also SS, so would still be consistent material use correct? Just a user suggestion.

I'm going to post my pics later today, and hopefully get to post more detailed use since I'll have the whole day off with this new toy. Last night I did have a couple combustions, but that was due to user error I'm sure. Pulling before the green and a double tap I believe caused them, as it happened almost instantly rather than a long drawn out pull. Again I'm sure it was user error, as I haven't had one since.

Will report back later today/tonight. Time for the morning coffee and square session test... :brow:

3. ginolicious

I now do believe that the mouth piece is a non issue. I do not believe I am getting leaks at all.

As for tamping, still a firm believer depends on the strain and how dry. If it’s more fluffy and moist should definitely tamp less. I need to post my two pics from last nights killer session. I know I could have gotten several more hits but I tapped out and took the weed out to take pics. I could have put it back in for tonight’s session but I’m not that anal or cheap and really after flavour on this thing. It’s changed my taste buds

I’m also curious as to how many hits people are doing in their session before putting it down. Last night I did 15. Tonight I’m gonna do like 3-4 and then take another few after an hour or so. What are you guys doing who are getting good performances.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    mfw0mb, Summer and Wildcat like this.
  4. Brassmonkie369

Brassmonkie369 Member

Yesterday and this morning I did 1-3 pulls at a time and set it down at first and second temps. One bowl definitely could’ve been vaped more, but I’ll get use out of it in the future when I make edibles and complete the extraction.

Summer likes this.
  5. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I get about 8 nice cloudy pulls. Could definitely get more if I jack up the temp. The flavor I get is so good I think the square ruined conduction for me.

Summer, Wildcat and ginolicious like this.
  6. ginolicious

You can say that again. Me too!

What temps are you vaping at now?

I may lower to 140C tonight or 150C for some daytime use and get it up to 190C to finish the bowl before bed.

Love to see your AVB.

Summer likes this.
  7. TKraus

TKraus New Member

I was also wondering what kind of abv this thing typically produces. Is it evenly roasted?

8. KLo

KLo No Ember

Visited Haze's website recently and saw a free shipping promo for Father's Day. No code, though. @Haze Vaporizers or anyone else have the scoop? Thx

9. ginolicious

It’s pretry even. It’s not terrible by any means. The picture I intend to post could have gone longer so it wasn’t fully extracted.

TKraus likes this.
  10. TKraus

TKraus New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • CBG(126°F) - precursor to THC, CBD, CBC, etc. promotes similar effects to other cannabinoids.
    • THC(315°F) - induces euphoria and psychoactive effects.
    • CBD(356°F) - relaxes and relieves pain. provides anti-emetic and anti-inflammatory effects.
    • CBN(365°F) - sedates and provides psychoactive effects. more prevalent in indica strains.
    • CBC(428°F) - reduces tumors, inflammation, depression and anxiety.
    • THCV(428°F) - reduces appetite and gives an energizing effect.

Temp Setup:
    1. 358
    2. 370
    3. 390
    4. 430
    5. 450
    Sorry if this is a big post but I did some research and picked out some ideal vaping temps for my haze square (when it arrives). I thought someone on here would appreciate the info if anyone is using for medicinal purposes or would like a customized experience.

Andorinter, Djsleepy, Summer and 6 others like this.
  11. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I thought the code was posted in the banner. Yeah I looked the code is just DAD

Yeah my abv doesn't look all that extracted right now. But I have been using the square at low temps. I intend to raise my max from 390 up to at least 420 haha hopefully that will give a more complete extraction. Seriously guys, vaping at 320 with the square is so tasty.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
    KLo, Djsleepy, mfw0mb and 2 others like this.
  12. ginolicious

At such a low temp you are not fully extracting. You are not getting all the various compounds so theoretically your bud will not be that brown. Mine isn’t too brown cause I’m not vaping high. The higher you go the darker it’ll come cause you are fully extracting all compounds out of be plant.

13. Brassmonkie369

Brassmonkie369 Member

This is the temp scale I’ve been used to for 8 years with my Arizer Solo:

• Level 1 – 50°C / 122°F.
    • Level 2 – 185°C / 365°F.
    • Level 3 – 190°C / 374°F.
    • Level 4 – 195°C / 383°F.
    • Level 5 – 200°C / 393°F.
    • Level 6 – 205°C / 401°F.
    • Level 7 – 210°C / 410°F.
    I liked that 5-6 range, so if I can get to 400 on the square without combustion and do it consistently, that’s when I’ll know I’ve got it down.

When the Mac app (any time line @Haze Vaporizers?) comes available, I’ll probably set my temps to mirror levels 2-6 and make a separate set of temps for concentrates when I get around to experimenting with them

Summer, Wildcat and TKraus like this.
  14. wastedpotential

wastedpotential Member

The boiling point temperature charts are great, but if the flower doesn't have all those terps and compounds, it doesn't matter what the temp is.

I'm leaning towards vaping the bud as I would smoking... getting the full effect of the actual flower strain. That might mean a temp of about 410, but maybe start at 390 for the first couple hits (for flavor), then keep it at 410-420 for the rest. All subject to change, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible.

Easywider and Brassmonkie369 like this.
  15. TKraus

TKraus New Member

A lot of people usually prefer this way especially if they are vaping or smoking for recreational use. I thought I would add the information for people that don't like the sedative effects that vaping at high temps can cause. I use it medicinally so I'm usually looking for specific strains that provide the right compounds for what I need. You are right though, it makes it a lot easier when you are just looking to get the full extraction from the bud.

16. ginolicious

On a random note I’ve noticed after 2 nights using the square it makes me real thirsty. I usually have a beer when I vape and damn I was chugging back my Bud.

On the note of temperature I do enjoy lower temps for the morning or day. I rather get mild effects and be able to continue on with my day rather than getting super stoned from full effect of the bud.

Mattyboo42 and TKraus like this.
  17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

18. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

I agree it’s all in technique and all that but when your unit has issues then all the technique in the world doesn’t matter. If it was me then I get it but it’s instant..they said on next phase they will send a new one..I asked if that my only option and no word..I have plenty of vapes but was gonna go for on demand convection and chose this over ghost mv and I wanna love this vape but so far I don’t.

19. ginolicious

Wait till you have a working one. Trust me bro. I know it sucks. I completely understand. You have a broken one and are not enjoying it. If I didn’t like mine I wouldn’t post about it. But after 2 days I know how to use it and I’m getting vapor and ripped off my ass. Give it a chance with a proper working unit and it will change how you view it.

Vapin in the usa, Wildcat and TKraus like this.
  20. Brassmonkie369

Brassmonkie369 Member

Will also say that the screen and bowl clean real easily with just a cotton swab and some iso. May not need to deep clean all that often if you wipe each chamber down after a couple of bowls

Easywider likes this.
  21. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes, and that chart will be helpful if you are vaping pure samples of the individual compounds in a vacuum.

Got to check the footnotes of the original science studies for the conditions. I see they list them at the bottom of the chart but I believe that even those sites are data derived from other original work.

MonkeyTime and Easywider like this.
  22. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Have any other pro users changed their temp settings only to have the device not fast charge over the usb-c adapter? Haze said I could send mine in but I am not ready to part with my Square just yet. I've tried the new firmware to no luck. It charged great out of box but my computer must've messed something up.

23. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Member

@TKraus where did you find that graphic on leafly?? I would love to have that as a poster! Thanks for the great info!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  24. ginolicious

I will be changing my temps tonight. I don’t know what to change them to. But I intend to do it. To confirm, you cannot use the charging square and can only charge through the computer?

25. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I am currently using the black cable that comes with the pro and a spare phone wall plug. The fast charger is not working at all.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors