1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

@subway13029
    Yes. I am having similar combustion issues. I decided to just put it aside for a few weeks until I have the patience to really figure it out. I have wasted a lot of herbs between the first and second one I’ve received. Plus, combustion makes cleaning a must and it is a PITA to take apart, clean and put back together every time.
    I have faith they will figure out all of the issues, and I will eventually enjoy it, but for now, I am just relying on my other vapes.

Summer and ohmygodimsohigh like this.
  2. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

I tried the update and my Square seems to have taken it but it still will not charge with the included block. The block charges other devices as does the cord so it is my Square that won't work with it. Aside from this it's pretty great.

3. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Member

Sorry to hear about the charging, they also added vibration to temp presets so preset one vibrates once when selected, preset two vibrates two times,etc. Did that part work for you?

Summer likes this.
  4. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Yes my unit did that out of box. I have a phase 2 and it already had these updates applied. I know Haze will take care of me though. Maybe I also have a bad pcb. Other than this it functions great.

5. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Well I think I might be getting better with the square, I packed it full and put it to setting 4, tried covering the intake to restrict flow and inhaled till I could feel some heat in my throat, also tried playing with draw speed, hits are a bit wispy but seem consistently like that so thats a step in the right direction. Now I'm not inhaling clear till the vape vibrates again but I don't feel like I should have to for decent vapor.

6. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Guys. If you are having issues. Contact haze. This vape can perform well. It’s all technique and pack.

Using dry bud. Coarse grind I guess. Tamped down. But not tamped tight, in the middle. This will change with your type of bud. Mine is very dry. Slow draw speeds. Heater fully pressed. When almost done, release heater and draw quickly for 2-3
    More seconds. You do this when you can feel the vapor in your mouth. I also used the loading tool. Think about hitting this like a bong. Hold the button. Draw. Then pull out the bowl or release button and inhale quickly. Clear that bong yo

Mine is working great. Decent size clouds on 5 second draws at lowest factory set temp. I just did 3 hits and got some nice clouds. Taste slowly starts to go but it still tastes nice. This vape is technique. Once you get it boom.

I fully packed. And I did more than a “light tamp”. Since this vape has no draw restriction, you should tamp a bit, create a bit of restriction. This is on track as a daily driver.

I took a pic of the bowl before and intend to take one after. I will try to post those pics at some point.

Thought I combusted after 9 hits. Open up. Nope. Re tamped bud, this can go again. I’m 11 hits in and I’m stepping up to level 2. Still getting clouds on level 1 and high is amazing. I prefer it over conduction. Feels different. Got over 15 hits with vapor.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Summer and Andorinter like this.
  7. Stdudez

Stdudez Member

I had my second session this morning. I am still completely perplexed and beside myself as to what the issue is.... I feel like @ginolicious and I are on the same wavelength here. Excited but inconsistent results.

I got 2 fat draws on the lowest setting this morning with visible vapor. Then the third draw was hardly anything (visibly) and the rest of the entire bowl was the exact same despite bumping up temps. Then I backed it down to the lowest setting and tried a double button press - instant combustion.

I felt high AF off this bowl, but when I opened it up it was like someone else mentioned - I saw the middle was extracted (and the slight combust was present as well) but the rest of the bowl was mostly unextracted.

I purchased some Orings that I tested on my extra mouthpiece but they were were slightly too thick so no dice there. I don't think the orings are the issue any longer....

Not sure what to think yet. Slightly disappointed but trying to experiment and work through it. Doing a full clean now to wash away the sins of combustion and have a fresh tester session here in a bit. Like everyone has mentioned despite wispy clouds I was high AF.

I'll first be trying a full pack, medium grind, light tamp. As others have noted the loose pack doesn't seem to work nor does the super light tamp.

Fingers crossed!!

Zangano Cruel likes this.
  8. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Honesty this is starting to remind me a lot of the FF2, just a lot of technique and one day it all comes together, not a bad thing for say but wish I didn't have to do it again with this vape

9. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Anything that isn't a full pack has been a less than stellar experience. If it's a full pack held together nicely it vapes pretty well. I can feel the vapor on my mouth and can tell if it's getting close to combustion. It doesn't just happen like many report. If I plug the air intake it restricts the airflow pretty well also so no leaks.

Summer likes this.
  10. ginolicious

Micro dose capsules will be nice for this vape. I will be able to cut down the bowl. The amount of weed I vaped in one bowl right now is usually what I vape in 2 days. Performance was stellar. Let’s hope micro dose will do the same.

It’s like a bong legit. Think of it like that and damn I got great results.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Vapin in the usa likes this.
  11. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Yeah it would seem a tight bowl is needed with this vape, I might do half loads and try chucking the concentration pad on it

12. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

Yeah I think it's close to a gram for me if all four chambers are packed nicely. But I wouldn't want to use a gram any other way now that I know what the square can do. I tried a concentrate pad on the bottom and it didn't seem to work at 390 and with many presses.

13. ginolicious

Some have reported that doesn’t work. Let us know if it does for you.

KMizzy likes this.
  14. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Didn't work.wouldn't advise

15. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Hmm well guess I'll just keep playing around with it then

16. Brassmonkie369

Brassmonkie369 Member

Think of it like a bong...

Worked for me about an hour ago and got 3 nice clouds on th second setting using a bowl packed last night.

Mattyboo42 likes this.
  17. ginolicious

Well all in all I am satisfied. Last nights bowl was amazing. Only down side was it was way too much bud for me. I have figured out how to use the device. But sadly in that requirement of the device you need a full bowl. I now need to figure out a way to utilize half a bowl instead. May that be corrected when the micro dose comes out or maybe I can do it on my own. But in the end the device works and I’m getting great vapor. Just rather not have a weed hog

Jill NYC and Summer like this.
  18. Brassmonkie369

Brassmonkie369 Member

I agree re: weed hog.

I may just pack em all up and just take hits when I need it, not worrying about taking down a full bowl. I bought the storage case with it, so the enclosed design + the case + dryer sheet in the case seems to mask the smell really well. I can fire it up, toke and then just store it for next time. Actually suits my habits better, always having it loaded and ready to go within seconds

19. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

What's your technique

20. ginolicious

I may do the same till I figure out micro dose or till Haze releases micro dose.

Technique is rather easy. This is a weed hog.

Pack bowl full. Tamp down. Tamp your bud based on your material so it stays in place. Since I am using rather dry I tamped it a bit harder so it wouldn’t move in the chamber. Heat vape. Draw for as long as you want real slow while holding heater. Near end of draw release heater and pull quick. Treat it like a bong.

Vapin in the usa and Summer like this.
  21. TKraus

TKraus New Member

Guys.... you don't have to vape the whole bowl if you don't want. Just fill it all the way up and vape it when you need it. Is that not the point of this thing?

KMizzy, Squatch and Wildcat like this.
  22. ginolicious

Yes. That is the point of this thing. Haha. But speaking to performance and how to use it, it needs a full packed bowl for best usuage. I will post pics of my bud after. 15 or so hits on level 2. Still had some green. But If you temperature step and intend to save a bowl you must start the second session on that bowl at the temp you left off at. Can’t step down.

Summer likes this.
  23. caseball2051

caseball2051 Well-Known Member

Isn't the point of on demand convection vaporizervap be able to both session and take a hit or 2 and put it down without wasting herb?:hmm:

24. ginolicious

Vaping 15 hits off one bowl had me super baked. Haven’t been that high in a long time. I may try the one hit every hour throughout the day instead of legit sitting down and doing a huge session. Felt like a huge bong session last night for me. I couldn’t move lol. Was so high. And then at 11 was burnt out haha. Was good. But a little too much for me.

25. TKraus

TKraus New Member

That's a good point. You'll probably get some different effects considering the different substances that are being released at the higher temps. It'll be more sedative of an effect on the last half of the bowl. I plan on vaping off the lower temp substances (THC, CBD) for day time use and vaping the rest off for the night time (CBN, CBC, THCV).

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors