Discontinued Haze Dual V3

MinnBobber

They are different diameters and thus are not interchangeable...
Thanks, Issue is V 3.0 lipped mouthpiece size vs previous gen straight tubing / no lip

the 2.5 steel mouthpiece fits some other whips I have , works great.

Is the V 3.0 mouthpiece bigger diameter-- I assume? Are the main barrel and expanded end section both different on the V3? How much different?
Is the inner channel bigger too, for less restriction?

Not sure if the V 3 mouthpiece will work in my other whips

EDIT: in searching for mouthpieces I found a wood WPA that says:
  • Compatible With All Versions of the Haze.
  • Can that be if they have different diameter mouthpieces for 3.0 vs previous?

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: Shrike

nukami

does the size of the water attachment matterand does the kind of battery matter i found a headshop in the area that sell 18650 barrety but i dont knew if their any good

nukami,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Thanks, Issue is V 3.0 lipped mouthpiece size vs previous gen straight tubing / no lip

the 2.5 steel mouthpiece fits some other whips I have , works great.

Is the V 3.0 mouthpiece bigger diameter-- I assume? Are the main barrel and expanded end section both different on the V3? How much different?
Is the inner channel bigger too, for less restriction?

Not sure if the V 3 mouthpiece will work in my other whips

EDIT: in searching for mouthpieces I found a wood WPA that says:
  • Compatible With All Versions of the Haze Can that be if they have different diameter mouthpieces for 3.0 vs previous?

The V 3.0 mouthpiece is actually smaller in diameter as of course is the diameter of the main shaft of the Haze. Have not noticed any increase in restrictiveness of draw.

The wood WPA comes from Ed's TNT and will fit both the V3 and V2.5. ANYTHING from Ed's is great!
I had the old WPA and now I have the new one and it works perfectly with glass. :tup:

UnshavenFish

does the size of the water attachment matter

Haze sell two water attachments one glass and one wood, both come in either 14mm or 18mm, so it depends what you want to use it with, is your bong/bubbler/whatever else 14 or 18mm?

and does the kind of battery matter i found a headshop in the area that sell 18650 barrety but i dont knew if their any good

Probably best to just stick with the haze cells, 18650 is just the size of the cell nothing else, even if you find protected cells like haze use the PCB won't be the same and they can vary in size so there is no guarantee they will even fit, and if they are unprotected then they will be too short to make contact.

Fightingteam

grindin8732

Chili Bu

grow your own, grow in peace
We have a classifieds section for that.

Did you reach out to anyone at HAZE?

Bingo, guess you solved your own problem.

It still vaporizes? There is so much positivity in this thread please don't be like that here.

first off let me say that I did not come on here to express my frustration and bash Haze, for those that enjoy vaping I stand behind the vid review I'd done after using the V3 for the first few days of use, again as the novelty wore off and I found myself enjoying my full melt dry sift moreso in my little bubbler then the experience or the high that the Haze afforded.

Being busy and having the V3 sit off to the side until I noticed the battery dealio (which prompted me to post what I did) I have not reached out to Haze nor was I serious with my initial remark of 'anyone want to buy a Haze, it was meant in a facetious way as I had no intent of selling it on this thread while not even being aware of rules/conduct and what not..so that earned me a finger wagging.

My biggest frustration I guess that like many folks, items such as this are a luxury, the money spent would have bought several pounds of nails/screws or building supplies for the ongoing projects we have to attend too or it would have bought almost 1200# of food for our hogs/chickens, etc

I say this because 300 bucks may not seem like alot to some but when you watch every dollar making a big ticket purchase can have ramifications.
It would have been nice to test drive a unit for awhile before dropping the cash but my wife wanted to do something nice for me for Valentines and we worked it our in our budget so that I could purchase a vape after a year of researching.

So my apologies to this thread, the makers of the Haze and to anyone I've offended...twas not my intent,

I have had a few messages pertaining to the V3 finding it's home elsewhere but I have not responded to them yet.

be well one and all,

0peration 0vergrow

woolspinner

Question regarding vaping a cotton ball bit. So...I made my first QWISO. And I am going to attempt to scrape as much as possible with the blade. But some will resolutely stick to the pyrex.

Has anyone here tried vaping the resin stuck in a ball of cotton from their can? Did it vape okay?

Wondering if I can make use of the QWISO remainder that way. It is really thick dark amber goo and I just do not want to spend hours trying to scrape it all off the pyrex.

woolspinner,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
first off let me say that I did not come on here to express my frustration and bash Haze, for those that enjoy vaping I stand behind the vid review I'd done after using the V3 for the first few days of use, again as the novelty wore off and I found myself enjoying my full melt dry sift moreso in my little bubbler then the experience or the high that the Haze afforded.

Being busy and having the V3 sit off to the side until I noticed the battery dealio (which prompted me to post what I did) I have not reached out to Haze nor was I serious with my initial remark of 'anyone want to buy a Haze, it was meant in a facetious way as I had no intent of selling it on this thread while not even being aware of rules/conduct and what not..so that earned me a finger wagging.

My biggest frustration I guess that like many folks, items such as this are a luxury, the money spent would have bought several pounds of nails/screws or building supplies for the ongoing projects we have to attend too or it would have bought almost 1200# of food for our hogs/chickens, etc

I say this because 300 bucks may not seem like alot to some but when you watch every dollar making a big ticket purchase can have ramifications.
It would have been nice to test drive a unit for awhile before dropping the cash but my wife wanted to do something nice for me for Valentines and we worked it our in our budget so that I could purchase a vape after a year of researching.

So my apologies to this thread, the makers of the Haze and to anyone I've offended...twas not my intent,

I have had a few messages pertaining to the V3 finding it's home elsewhere but I have not responded to them yet.

be well one and all,

0peration 0vergrow

I went through similar experiences with vaping. I developed a slight wheeze when I slept and would get bronchitis every year. So I tried several vapes to quit smoking. IMO you need at least 2 good vapes to move from smoking joints everyday like we do (did) to vaping alone. 1 desktop home powerhouse and a good portable./ I had several that actually worked very well. A Vapor tower and a Pax. But I always felt they were for either stealth purposes (pax) or a novelty way to smoke and stretch my herb and get a different high.
It wasn't until I upgraded the home unit to an Underdog and the Pax to a Haze that I would even consider it. But even then I couldn't completely stop until someone here clued me in. He said give it 4 days of doing NOTHING but vaping. Don't combust anything for those 4 days. Vape the hell out of weed, dab some concentrates, whatever you want. Just don't combust. So after these 4 days I was actually very satisfied with how high I had been getting but I was excited to smoke again after my 4 days was up...So I roll a beautiful joint with my favorite papers (Elements) with some super tasty weed... It was disgusting! No shit, This is coming from the biggest joint smoker you have ever met. I rolled at least 5 nice joints of A+ smoke a day to enjoy and all of the sudden this tasted like Ass! This was both disheartening and eye opening. While I do miss rolling joints I cannot bear to smoke them anymore.
My point is I suggest keep the Haze for a week before you sell it. Try ONLY vaping and see how you feel. Pack some dry herb cans with a little concentrate and some herb, hook it up to glass if you can with a freshly charged battery on temp 3 and enjoy hits like you are almost combusting! This thing rips if you tamp a nice fat bowl down on temp 3 with either the cans or convection screens.

Now to do this right you will need more batteries and I suggest 2 vapes, 1 desktop (log or Evo et.) and 1 portable (Haze, Mighty, et.) but you can get by with just the Haze V3. This thing blows clouds on temp 3!
From 1 die hard joint smoker to another, you should give it 4 days brother. I feel SO much better! And my herb gets me higher and tastes better. Try it for 4 days and get back to me.

Edit: And if you are medicating with Full Melt I wish you could try my Enail with the Liger and Sic insert! You would never put a lighter to that gold again. We invest so much in product over our lifetime. Don't be afraid to make the investment in a better way to consume them. You will actually save money in the long run.

does the size of the water attachment matterand does the kind of battery matter i found a headshop in the area that sell 18650 barrety but i dont knew if their any good

I have tried several types of batteries including Sony's and Samsungs. I suggest Haze OEM XL batteries for real. They just work better in this device. I have used others successfully by adding a magnet on the back but they were just as expensive and didn't work as well. If you have some lying around they are ok to use, but if you are going to purchase some anyway do yourself a favor and get the Haze XL's

Last edited:

bidrock

Scott,

Can't seem to PM you. Would you be able to send me a PM? Would like to chat offline with you.

Much Thanks

bidrock,

MinnBobber

Do the Dry Herb Can Screens ( the perforated metal covers) fit on the concentrate canisters OR only fit on the Dry Herb Cans?
Do the perforated covers fit "pre V 3.0" concentrate cans?
Thanks

I now see a Easy Load Tool on the Haze site, with a round end it appears. Any reviews on how well it works?

Last edited:
MinnBobber,

woolspinner

Do the Dry Herb Can Screens ( the perforated metal covers) fit on the concentrate canisters OR only fit on the Dry Herb Cans?
Do the perforated covers fit "pre V 3.0" concentrate cans?
Thanks

I now see a Easy Load Tool on the Haze site, with a round end it appears. Any reviews on how well it works?

Cans did not change between models, and all lids fit all cans.

Cannot speak to load tool as I do not have one.

bibblybobbly

Can you micro dose with the Haze? Are there any special procedures to do that or just pop a small amount in?
I like to only have small amounts at a time and I have only used flowers so far (in the Haze).

I usually use the "conduction" screen with the cutaway sides, since this seems to produce the most puff. But having read the recent replies I'm currently trying out a can - works surprisingly well.

I shred my flower with my fingers and use the tweezers to press it down a little.

I think I'm going to keep using cans because they're very convenient, work about as well as screens, and produce no real mess. I usually have trouble with little crumbs of shit falling into the air holes.

EDIT: and this reminded me of something...

When I had to get my Haze repaired (N.B. they ended up sending me a new one), I cleaned it up, packed it, and mailed it to the US. Then I became a paranoid wreck because I was thinking of all the little bits of whatever that accumulated inside the unit from falling through the holes.

I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that some zealous customs official or sniffer dog could sequester my device if some traces of illegal substance were found inside (obviously while I had left my Haze lying around at a party people could have used it for any substance without my knowledge...)

Those damn little holes...

Not having any other electric vaporizers, I don't know if this is an issue relevant to most e-vapes or to the Haze specifically.

Last edited:

beware116

I started here at FC as a disappointed early adopter of the Haze. I'm psyched to now be an overjoyed patron. Every iteration addresses nearly every problem with the previous version. Scott is a joy to work with and their Upgrade program is surreal. The Haze v3 is both an excellent first vape or desktop accompaniment and their customer service is out of sight.

My suggestion: Make sure you get some XL batteries. You won't regret it.

The only naggle I have with the v3 is the temperature boost. Hitting it dry gets me just a little more wheezy than I would prefer. The v2.5 could start on 1 and provide some of the tastiest vapor imaginable then kick it up a notch to start blowing clouds. It had more granularity in its vaping experience. The v3 starts at a higher temperature so the vapor is denser and thicker, but just a little too hot for my ideal experience.

I used to own the WPA for my 2.5, but I was unsatisfied with its performance and didn't feel it necessary with the quality of dry vapor. I'm thinking it may be worth picking up again for the v3.

Between the v3, my Lotus, and my E-Nano I feel like I have some of the best vaping experiences available no matter my environment.

woolspinner

I have to say, thanks to my Haze, I now know how out of the world our homegrown, home extracted, Lemon Diesel QWISO tastes. Just like Lemon Candy!

Because PG or PEG or VG (not sure which) seems to be irritating my lungs and setting off my asthma, I may wind up using my Haze and straight concentrate instead of the new pen as my stealthy toke device during class. I, as always, love that I can take a wee baby hit to control doseage -especially since dabs are stronger than flower. But maybe I will use in tandem -dose up just before class with Haze and then take a few hits a day off the pen, leaving the Haze in the car to hit again at lunch.

I was surprised that vaping concentrate on four is so smoothe, whereas flower that high makes me cough. That the concentrate is so tasty, and Haze vapes it so cleanly, it makes it so hard not to overdo it!

The customer service from Haze (and especially @scottg402 ) is outstanding, they stand by the product, and the product is well made. For this reason, as a customer well known for being the loyal-type, I look forward to what more comes out of the Haze company. Cannot speak highly enough of the Haze group.

ETA: I still prefer vaping flower, so the concentrate world is still new to me.

little maggie

Wood WPA help:
Maybe this belongs on Ed's thread but
When I had the 2.5 the wood got stuck in my DO20 and, although I tried everything as did Vitolo, the bubbler had to be broken to retrieve it.
I've been very careful with my wood one for the 3. I wax it thoroughly before putting it into my new DO20. And yesterday it got stuck and the DO20 had to be broken. So I'd like to know what, if anything, others do to keep the wong from getting stuck. The Haze is my main vaporizer and I need to use water. I don't want to keep buying DO20's for the Haze.

MinnBobber

When I had the 2.5 the wood got stuck in my DO20 and, although I tried everything as did Vitolo, the bubbler had to be broken to retrieve it.
.....................................................................................................
Hi @little maggie ,

Do you possibly do long sessions where parts really heat up? WPA expands and is stuck?
I only do a couple big pulls and off so not a big issue for me.
This adapter seems to really help prevent glass-to-glass disasters. or glass to wood
It's from our own @Ratchett and his Delta 3D Studios;
Ratchett%2018%2014%20reducer.jpg

I have it pulled out a little to show. Mobius is 18 mm female. Adapter makes that into 14 mm female.
It's basically a tapered silicon hose.
It gives a silicone barrier so no glass to wood contact where wood swells when heated and stuck :(
Note that it gives a 14 mm female BUT picture has a 18 mm male glass joint working just fine as silicone has some stretch.
Your WPA, be it 18 or 14 version, should work. These are only like $4? but shipping so see if you need anything else, as he makes a sweet Haze stand, vape can cases, battery sleeves too
Sucks to break bubblers.

little maggie

.....................................................................................................
Hi @little maggie ,

Do you possibly do long sessions where parts really heat up? WPA expands and is stuck?
I only do a couple big pulls and off so not a big issue for me.
This adapter seems to really help prevent glass-to-glass disasters. or glass to wood
It's from our own @Ratchett and his Delta 3D Studios;
Ratchett%2018%2014%20reducer.jpg

I have it pulled out a little to show. Mobius is 18 mm female. Adapter makes that into 14 mm female.
It's basically a tapered silicon hose.
It gives a silicone barrier so no glass to wood contact where wood swells when heated and stuck :(
Note that it gives a 14 mm female BUT picture has a 18 mm male glass joint working just fine as silicone has some stretch.
Your WPA, be it 18 or 14 version, should work. These are only like $4? but shipping so see if you need anything else, as he makes a sweet Haze stand, vape can cases, battery sleeves too
Sucks to break bubblers.

I think you've nailed my problem. As for Ratchett's products, I am pretty impaired when it comes to figuring out things. I actually have 2 of the adapters but haven't figured out how to use them because the hole is so tiny.

MinnBobber

I think you've nailed my problem. As for Ratchett's products, I am pretty impaired when it comes to figuring out things. I actually have 2 of the adapters but haven't figured out how to use them because the hole is so tiny.
Which adapters? This one would go directly on the metal Haze stem and allow it to mate with bubbler:
IMG_0108__39504.1425606294.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_0074__74523.1425606294.1280.1280.jpg

MinnBobber

That's the same adapter I have but I've had trouble squeezing the Haze stems into it. Your picture is not of a Haze stem- what is it?
.................................................................................
Up a few posts, my bubbler is pictured with one adapter --would use with Ed's wood WPA

The blue background pics are from Delta 3D website, of the other adapter. The Haze stainless steel mouthpiece should easily fit into it. It is designed to fit small mouthpieces.
It's either or:
Either-- Ed's wood WPA and the adapter that's like a silicon hose so no wood/glass connection to stick
OR -- Haze stainless mouthpiece with the piece above (blue background pic).
??? Can you post picture of what you are using or detailed description??

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That's the same adapter I have but I've had trouble squeezing the Haze stems into it. Your picture is not of a Haze stem- what is it?
Maggie, try using the metal stem included with the Haze. You should be able to push that into my Silicone adapter. Don't worry - the silicone is very pliable. Those other pictures show various e-cigarettes inserted into the flexible mouthpiece.

Here's a picture of the Haze V2.5 connected to the small Nu-SonG (which if memory serves me is the adapter you purchased)

IMG_0090__39248.1425606295.1280.1280.jpg

bibblybobbly

I think I'm going to keep using cans because they're very convenient, work about as well as screens, and produce no real mess.
Actually scratch that the conduction screens make such a fat load of puff. How could I resist?
That looks like fun, but perhaps balancing it that way applies too large of a moment where the mouth stem meets the o-ring. You never want your o-ring to become a "wizard's sleeve".

bibblybobbly,
Top Bottom