Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Thank you! They are fully charged now, just waiting another couple of hours.

I have a few questions:

1. Regarding the charger, does it protect from over-volt? Is it safe to leave it plugged in with a full battery without risking battery performance?
  2. After the first charge, can I in the future remove the batteries as soon as the charger indicates they are full?
And a recommendation which I'm sure someone has already brought up. How about long-pressing the temperature button to show available battery level on the temp indicator? It would help since I'd like to recharge batteries before they run down too low.
Yes and Yes. Now go enjoy! :)

whereskarlo

This thing rips! Is it ok to blow into it when emptying the chamber to clear out any particles? How is the air routed? From outside the mouthpiece right? Does it enter the chamber from that bottom hole or the side?

whereskarlo,

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
It enters from the bottom. I never looked where the air entered the haze though. Certainly not through the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Drexciya,

scottg402

This thing rips! Is it ok to blow into it when emptying the chamber to clear out any particles? How is the air routed? From outside the mouthpiece right? Does it enter the chamber from that bottom hole or the side?
No problem blowing into it. I do the same thing to blow out particulate.

The air enters from underneath. Those holes in the bottom of the chamber is where fresh air comes in and then vapor goes through those side holes into the mouthpiece channel.

Have fun with it! Glad you are diggin' it so far!

whereskarlo

No problem blowing into it. I do the same thing to blow out particulate.

The air enters from underneath. Those holes in the bottom of the chamber is where fresh air comes in and then vapor goes through those side holes into the mouthpiece channel.

Have fun with it! Glad you are diggin' it so far!

Definitely am! The glass mouthpiece reminds me of Ascent. The vapor of Solo. The trench of a Pax. It feels really high quality.

How do you clean it easily? I feel like Im making a mess when I have a canister popped in the oven and not sure how to get them out easily.

Dynalowrider

Does.anyone know what the temperatures for the 2.5 are? I got an eighty-six dollar one from Florida. The book that came with it said Temp 4, Temp 3, Temp 2, and Temp 1. It did get the right order. I'm just not sure if that is Fahrenheit or Celsius.:lol:

Fightingteam

Does.anyone know what the temperatures for the 2.5 are? I got an eighty-six dollar one from Florida. The book that came with it said Temp 4, Temp 3, Temp 2, and Temp 1. It did get the right order. I'm just not sure if that is Fahrenheit or Celsius.:lol:
• Level 1- 365 F
• Level 2- 380 F
• Level 3- 390 F
• Level 4- 415 F (capable of going up to 495 F w/wax)

From this review: http://www.getavape.com/haze-vaporizer/

Fightingteam,

Dynalowrider

Thank you Fightingteam. You pointed me in the right direction. I was a little Hazed last night.
I think this vape is a V 2.5. They upgraded the temps between V 2 and V 2.5.
I have a Fluke 52, (type "K" dual input thermometer). I think I'll do a temp survey of these vapes to be sure which is which. From the way it heats between temps, I'm pretty sure this is a V 2.5.
Not too bad of a deal. Two more batteries, another charger, (for the car), screens, cans, tweezers. I'm a happy camper. Doc

KeVo23

Hey guys my haze v3 just landed yesterday morning and i haven't had time to really sit down and experiment, but I was curious if someone could just give me a baseline on how much to load the dry herb can versus the convection screen and do you tamp it down or leave it loose or do you fill both the same way?
Thanks in advance and/or if someone has a link to where this has been discussed already which I'm sure it has (sorry about that) it would be appreciated as well!

KeVo23,

Dynalowrider

Scott can you tell from the serial number if this thing is a V 2 or V2.5? Can we buy parts from you to upgrade the mouthpiece to V 3? Does this V 2.5 vape work on the upgrade program?
Sorry for so many questions. Doc:cool:
KeVo, 75% full, loose enough to let the vapor thru. You are gonna love this little vape.

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: KeVo23

whereskarlo

I just put a serious micro-dose in the convection chamber. Cranked it up do level 3. Coughing. This thing is so awesome, I've had so many vapes yet it leaves me impressed every time.

I don't know if its my unit but I feel like the temperatures are all a little on the higher end which I l like, I get more powerful hits. But what is the recommended temp / screen / mouthpiece / herb amount combination for getting really tasty, smooth low-temp hits? I like to get a few of those before going all in.

Last edited:

Drexciya

Hey guys my haze v3 just landed yesterday morning and i haven't had time to really sit down and experiment, but I was curious if someone could just give me a baseline on how much to load the dry herb can versus the convection screen and do you tamp it down or leave it loose or do you fill both the same way?
Thanks in advance and/or if someone has a link to where this has been discussed already which I'm sure it has (sorry about that) it would be appreciated as well!

I put more into the convection screens than I do in the cans. I don't really tamp it down, maybe just a little. But experimenting is key. You'll have direct feedback and you can then make adjustments and try again.

But what is the recommended temp / screen / mouthpiece / herb amount combination for getting really tasty, smooth low-temp hits? I like to get a few of those before going all in.

Well the recommended temp would be the lowest so that would be 1. I think the best combo would be a fully loaded convection screen at temp setting 1. That way you get the most flavor on low temperatures for a while before you get your groove on at the higher temps

Last edited:

whereskarlo

I put more into the convection screens than I do in the cans. I don't really tamp it down, maybe just a little. But experimenting is key. You'll have direct feedback and you can then make adjustments and try again.

Well the recommended temp would be the lowest so that would be 1. I think the best combo would be a fully loaded convection screen at temp setting 1. That way you get the most flavor on low temperatures for a while before you get your groove on at the higher temps

Cool, thanks for replying. I just tried the lowest temp and a full convection cart, slightly harsh but will try with the can next time. So far my verdict is: flavor better with Pax 2. Vapor production and performance is better with the Haze. It's definitely more powerful as the clouds I am getting with this is can't be matched by the asthma-like Pax 2. Will continue to experiment and see if I can get better flavor out of it, even at temp 1 it goes hard.

EDIT: Popped in the metal tube, now its smooth. Is it more narrow than the glass tube? It feels like the glass tube has better flow and maybe a little hotter vapor which i am mistaking for flavor.

Last edited:
whereskarlo,

Drexciya

Cool, thanks for replying. I just tried the lowest temp and a full convection cart, slightly harsh but will try with the can next time. So far my verdict is: flavor better with Pax 2. Vapor production and performance is better with the Haze. It's definitely more powerful as the clouds I am getting with this is can't be matched by the asthma-like Pax 2. Will continue to experiment and see if I can get better flavor out of it, even at temp 1 it goes hard.

EDIT: Popped in the metal tube, now its smooth. Is it more narrow than the glass tube? It feels like the glass tube has better flow and maybe a little hotter vapor which i am mistaking for flavor.

I Only use the metal tube because I am afraid I can't get the glass one out at some point. Besides that, the Haze is my first and only vape so I don't know how smooth it can be. I come from smoking joints and cigarettes so with everything feels smooth to me compared to that.

rshetts

I wonder why they have a sale.. New model on its way?

Vape world does this every couple of months usually around a holiday. As far as I know Haze does not have a new version of the dual coming out anytime soon. They do have a new vape coming out but it fills a bit of a different niche and is not replacing the Dual V3 in the line up.

MinnBobber

Do the previous generation glass and stainless steel mouthpieces fit the V3?
They don't have the improved lip design, but do they work ?
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Shrike

lazylathe

Almost there...
My Haze V3 has been neglected for the past few weeks...
New toys arrived and they required extensive testing and were deemed better than the Haze.

Today was the Haze day!!
I am a big WT user and use almost all my vapes exclusively through water all the time.
This morning was massive clean up day, vapes, glass, grinders, desk etc...
When all was said and done i saw the Haze sitting in the exact same spot!
Right in front of my computer...Hmmmmm.... Lets hood the Haze up to a WT and see how it goes!
Using an Arizer EQ glass elbow, a length of Herbalizer tubing and the Haze Glass stem it was all hooked together.
Loaded up a convection screen with a small pinch of a wicked blend i made last night!
0,03g of Indica and Sativa all ground together!
Started on level 1 and got nice tasty blue vapor!
Level 2 yielded more blue vapor and great taste!
Level 3 yielded better clouds and the flavor on the first hit was still good! Subsequent hits is deteriorated quickly.
Level 4 gave me some good clouds and a few shakes later the ABV was perfectly medium brown!

Starting on Level 2 gave good taste and nice blue clouds!
Level 3 gave white clouds and pretty good taste for a few hits. Thinks this would be a good starting point!
Level 4 was again good clouds but not the greatest taste.

Level 3 is amazing to start with!
White clouds, great flavor and taste and superb effects!
Got that Indica body thing and Sativa sweat thing going on at the same time...

More experimenting with the Haze later again!
Time for lunch!

Philreal187

I had a little week vacation to North Carolina and obviously took my haze!! Its such a great vape for just sitting back in the passenger seat and enjoying the ride. The pre loaded cans save any shady packing up of the devils lettuce out in the war zones.

Heres a couple pictures I got of the haze in the wild.

u2R977P.jpg

Found a quiet watering hole, the beverage of choice was Devils Backbone Eight point IPA

awce6J4.jpg

It was just about 72° last sunday the water was ice cold but the view amazing!! Its been quite a few years since I seen the ocean and how nice it was to safely just puff on the haze with out any funny looks.

Chili Bu

grow your own, grow in peace
No selling or soliciting outside of classified section. Warning point issued.
anyone want to buy a Haze V3

one of the batteries died a week or so ago,
could not tell you as they have sat in the charger (fully charged), noticed one was not lit so swapped batteries to see if it was the charger and yuppers, one is dead.

not impressed with it anymore at all,

having said that the novelty of using this device to 'vape' wore off within a month. (as stoked as I was in my review that waned quickly)

when I do use it is to vape concentrates as I don't have a proper unit to 'flash' dab with, but I digress as for whatever reason I still prefer to smoke a doobie then vape cannabis

I am well aware of the health consequences of combustion but I guess this type of device or vape experience is not for everyone.

Now I have a 300 dollar paperweight

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
anyone want to buy a Haze V3
We have a classifieds section for that.
one of the batteries died a week or so ago,
could not tell you as they have sat in the charger (fully charged), noticed one was not lit so swapped batteries to see if it was the charger and yuppers, one is dead.
Did you reach out to anyone at HAZE?
but I guess this type of device or vape experience is not for everyone.
Bingo, guess you solved your own problem.
Now I have a 300 dollar paperweight
It still vaporizes? There is so much positivity in this thread please don't be like that here.

rez125

I had a little week vacation to North Carolina and obviously took my haze!! Its such a great vape for just sitting back in the passenger seat and enjoying the ride. The pre loaded cans save any shady packing up of the devils lettuce out in the war zones.

Heres a couple pictures I got of the haze in the wild.

u2R977P.jpg

Found a quiet watering hole, the beverage of choice was Devils Backbone Eight point IPA

awce6J4.jpg

It was just about 72° last sunday the water was ice cold but the view amazing!! Its been quite a few years since I seen the ocean and how nice it was to safely just puff on the haze with out any funny looks.

Looks like Wilmington! Love me some red oak.

Top Bottom