Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Nazz1

Yeah only way is to pull the battery. Thanks for the suggestion. Welcome!

In an earlier post.... I requested for the button to have an additional click for OFF.
A lot of times I do not finish the complete bowl of herb (or especially any concentrates) and want to let it (and my head) rest.
Now....to have to pop out the battery....and then continue to draw while it cools (don't want to waste ANY of the remaining product).....just seems like an odd procedure for such a nice unit.

I can't wait to get off my butt and finish my upgrade to the V3.....paid the money.... just have been traveling a lot lately to have the 2-3 weeks it will take to swap out the units.

Nazz1,

VaporSipper

In an earlier post.... I requested for the button to have an additional click for OFF.
A lot of times I do not finish the complete bowl of herb (or especially any concentrates) and want to let it (and my head) rest.
Now....to have to pop out the battery....and then continue to draw while it cools (don't want to waste ANY of the remaining product).....just seems like an odd procedure for such a nice unit.

I wonder if the firmware is upgradable on the v3. I too would like to have an off without having to pop the battery!

Fightingteam

I've discovered for all the v2 and v2.5 owners out there that if you have a glass piece with 14mm male end (or an adapter like this which is what I'm using: http://tinyurl.com/j988xav) the metal stem will actually seal and you can get nice rips from your bong. I have no idea if the v3 mouthpiece would work on this.

Fightingteam,

Nazz1

I wonder if the firmware is upgradable on the v3. I too would like to have an off without having to pop the battery!

I am sure..... if there was a vote....this would be a top request. Especially, when you look at the benefits.

I also think it would be cool to make the power button stand out a little by engraving the internationally known "Power Button" symbol on top.
...The partial circle with the bar thru part of it...Then you would also quickly know which way is up, easily where to power it up, and what was going to happen when you push it.

MinnBobber

Silicone cover--which direction in to the metal cans??
Hi,
I removed both silicone covers and now not sure which direction they go onto the cans.
The Haze brochure/manual picture has no details.

The silicone covers have a raised U section. Does that go toward the small metal lip? Or to the other side?
Pics would be dandy. I assume it is meant to go one way, not either direction.
thanks

EDIT: I found a pic online and with the help of a magnifying glass----U piece goes opposite the metal tab

Last edited:

417kt

Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but my V3 is shutting off on me mid session, sometimes right after I take a draw. This isn't really a big deal since I just put the MP back in and flip it back on, but I thought I read somewhere that this might be a sign of a malfunction.

Also the one of the oven caps are starting to stick to the bowl when I try to open it. Cleaning the cap and the bowl usually fixes this, but only for around 2 or 3 sessions. Any long term fix for this (I've just been avoiding using that bowl)?

417kt,

bibblybobbly

Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but my V3 is shutting off on me mid session, sometimes right after I take a draw. This isn't really a big deal since I just put the MP back in and flip it back on, but I thought I read somewhere that this might be a sign of a malfunction.

Also the one of the oven caps are starting to stick to the bowl when I try to open it. Cleaning the cap and the bowl usually fixes this, but only for around 2 or 3 sessions. Any long term fix for this (I've just been avoiding using that bowl)?
Yeah I had that problem. Apparently the switch mechanism had broken and so the unit became clogged up. It auto-shuts off to avoid overheating.

At first they said they'd repair it, but they sent me a new one.

scottg402

Just sent you a PM sir.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Does anyone have a cutaway of the inside of the tube that the mouthpiece goes in? I am just wondering exactly what holds the mouthpiece in place in there? It seems like mine got a little looser only at the opening. When I extended the mouthpiece out most of the way it seems to get a little more loose than it did.
Anyway while I was walking in the woods yesterday my mouthpiece fell out. I looked and looked but to no avail :ugh: Now I am down to no mouthpieces because I already broke the tip of the glass one using it with a whip as a vape adapter. Does anyone know of anything I can macgyver a mouthpiece with. I need to vape and my Haze is handicapped! a drinking straw does fit perfectly but i'm a little worried about the temps on the soft plastic lol. Damn I need to order a stainless mouthpiece ASAP, maybe 2 lol!
So does anyone know if there are rubber o rings or anything inside the haze mouthpiece tube that actually holds the mouthpiece in? can someone post a picture of that the insides of the tube look like? I am wondering if something could have loosened up in there or if it was just a little too clean and it always wiggled and I just didn't notice before? It seems like it wiggled at the opening more than when it was new before the mouthpiece went missing.

EDIT: OK crisis averted for now. I bought my friend a Haze for Christmas so he gave me his glass mouthpiece until I get a new metal one. Do you guys think this is more loose than it should be? I don't remember it always being like this.

Last edited:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Does anyone have a cutaway of the inside of the tube that the mouthpiece goes in? I am just wondering exactly what holds the mouthpiece in place in there? It seems like mine got a little looser only at the opening. When I extended the mouthpiece out most of the way it seems to get a little more loose than it did.
Anyway while I was walking in the woods yesterday my mouthpiece fell out. I looked and looked but to no avail :ugh: Now I am down to no mouthpieces because I already broke the tip of the glass one using it with a whip as a vape adapter. Does anyone know of anything I can macgyver a mouthpiece with. I need to vape and my Haze is handicapped! a drinking straw does fit perfectly but i'm a little worried about the temps on the soft plastic lol. Damn I need to order a stainless mouthpiece ASAP, maybe 2 lol!
So does anyone know if there are rubber o rings or anything inside the haze mouthpiece tube that actually holds the mouthpiece in? can someone post a picture of that the insides of the tube look like? I am wondering if something could have loosened up in there or if it was just a little too clean and it always wiggled and I just didn't notice before? It seems like it wiggled at the opening more than when it was new before the mouthpiece went missing.

EDIT: OK crisis averted for now. I bought my friend a Haze for Christmas so he gave me his glass mouthpiece until I get a new metal one. Do you guys think this is more loose than it should be? I don't remember it always being like this.

I don't know, if I pull mine out to the max I think it is as loose as yours. I can check when I'm home. I have a used one and one that is near mint.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't know, if I pull mine out to the max I think it is as loose as yours. I can check when I'm home. I have a used one and one that is near mint.

good to know. It still functions I just don't remember it moving around so much when it was new. Check out the end of the video. It still moves around that much even when being pushed in 1/2 way, Which may be normal I just don't recall it feeling that loose at all. And when I lost the mouthpiece I got really curious about how the mouthpiece is actually held in there? Can anyone tell me? Is it a rubber o ring that holds the mouthpiece in a metal tube or does the metal tube just get smaller to "grab" the mouthpiece? Can anyone shed some light on what the inside of this thing looks like so I can understand it better? I want to make sure it's not going to fall out again, metal mouthpieces are like $20 each shipped!

Can you micro dose with the Haze? Are there any special procedures to do that or just pop a small amount in?

With concentrates yes. Just put a tiny dab in your can and take a 2 good hits on temp 4. Microdose done. My sister packs little baby flower bowls in hers and swears she gets good hits just like my GF does in her pax. I pack the hell out of my conduction vapes to get dense clouds (and get way too high on my lunch break occasionally! lol) You might want to play around between the herb cans and conduction screens with small loads and see how they hit. Try packing some, and leaving some a little more loose. You will figure out what works best for you in no time.

Last edited:
mrbonsai420,

Drexciya

Well Like i said I have to check it to make sure. At the end of your video it does seems a bit loose... Mine will definitily not fall out by the way it is held pretty firmly. Even when I just cleaned the device.
I'll get back to you in an hour or two.

Drexciya,

whereskarlo

Can you micro dose with the Haze? Are there any special procedures to do that or just pop a small amount in?

whereskarlo,

whereskarlo

Small load, dry cans=micro dose. Works for me. Doc

Do you tamp it down or just sprinkle it into the can? I am coming from a Pax 2 which requires a lot of tampering with the botanicals to get good results. Currently charging my batteries.

PS to Haze: Your charger doesn't display input voltage information from what I can tell. Does it work on 110V-220V?

whereskarlo,

rshetts

I cut a pipe screen to fit a can. I put a small amount in the can, put the screen over the herb and tamp it down. I then put the lid on. It works great for small doses.

scottg402

Do you tamp it down or just sprinkle it into the can? I am coming from a Pax 2 which requires a lot of tampering with the botanicals to get good results. Currently charging my batteries.

PS to Haze: Your charger doesn't display input voltage information from what I can tell. Does it work on 110V-220V?
Welcome aboard!

Tamp it in there but don't cram it. :)

And yes it will work with both. If you are in Europe you need a different plug but it goes into the same charging box.

scottg402,

Drexciya

It still functions I just don't remember it moving around so much when it was new. Check out the end of the video. It still moves around that much even when being pushed in 1/2 way, Which may be normal I just don't recall it feeling that loose at all.

Well I tried it with both my units and neither seems to move around that much. I also noticed that you could push your mouthpiece in without holding the unit. I cannot do that. If I'd had done it, I would just have pushed the unit back over the seat.

I got really curious about how the mouthpiece is actually held in there? Can anyone tell me? Is it a rubber o ring that holds the mouthpiece in a metal tube or does the metal tube just get smaller to "grab" the mouthpiece?

I would say there is an o ring, because my mouthpiece seems to pivot when it moves from left to right.

whereskarlo

Welcome aboard!

Tamp it in there but don't cram it. :)

And yes it will work with both. If you are in Europe you need a different plug but it goes into the same charging box.

Thank you! They are fully charged now, just waiting another couple of hours.

I have a few questions:

1. Regarding the charger, does it protect from over-volt? Is it safe to leave it plugged in with a full battery without risking battery performance?
  2. After the first charge, can I in the future remove the batteries as soon as the charger indicates they are full?
And a recommendation which I'm sure someone has already brought up. How about long-pressing the temperature button to show available battery level on the temp indicator? It would help since I'd like to recharge batteries before they run down too low.

whereskarlo,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well I tried it with both my units and neither seems to move around that much. I also noticed that you could push your mouthpiece in without holding the unit. I cannot do that. If I'd had done it, I would just have pushed the unit back over the seat.

I would say there is an o ring, because my mouthpiece seems to pivot when it moves from left to right.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. As we all know Haze customer support is the best so Scott has already jumped in to help. It's hard to imagine going without my Haze for even a day anymore!
Thanks guys.

Top Bottom