Discontinued Haze Dual V3

rshetts

Actually scratch that the conduction screens make such a fat load of puff. How could I resist?

That looks like fun, but perhaps balancing it that way applies too large of a moment where the mouth stem meets the o-ring. You never want your o-ring to become a "wizard's sleeve".

This is why I use a whip from my Haze to my bubbler. I can set my Haze on the table next to me when I use my bubbler. Ive mentioned it before but the Magic Flight Orbiter is a double whip bubbler that works great with the Haze and requires no extra equipment or mods. If youre looking for an easy bubbler solution for the Haze, thats the best, easy solution Ive found.

whereskarlo

My Haze is alive. Every time I turned it on, after about 15 minutes of continuous use, its heart starts ticking. And its not a double-beat, just a metronome like tick, tock, tick, tock. It's coming from the bottom oven containing a convection screen loaded up with super silver haze at temperature level 1. How can this be?

Isa

Hi fellow Hazers, first post here :)

Sorry if there's any mistakes, I'm in Québec, Canada and I speak French...

Been reading many pages of this thread before I (finally) got my Haze last week (couldn't stop reading even after)!
The vape is great, I love it, getting great taste and effect out of it - even for someone with allergic rhinitis and asthma that can't take much harsh hits at all. The boyfriend and myself had previously bought an Arizer Extreme Q which kinda converted me to vaping but I was slowly going back to joints because its vapor was somehow making me have bad asthma... way more than the Haze. Man, was I happy when I first got it, I was starting to think my lungs couldn't keep up with the whole vaping thing. I had a hard time puffing enough to get high sometimes with the arizer. What's the point of switching to vaping if you're always running for your inhaler when you're actually on pills and don't need it? [Any thoughts on water vaping for me would be great, I read about it hydrating the vapor...?]

But I noticed something weird just now and I thought I'd reach out to @scottg402 and all of you right away. I tried searching but couldn't find anything about my issue.

So here it is: I turned the switch on (rather slowly) and saw the low battery light show for a brief moment. I thought okay, it must be low, I did use that battery yesterday - I had never seen the low battery light before. So I put in the other one which is freshly charged and the same thing happens, on both sides of the switch. Actually I tried again to check and even when turning the unit on quickly, I still see the red light for a split second before seeing the blinking yellow light. I never noticed that and been using it a lot since I got it.... any of you guys experienced that?

I'm using it right now and it works fine, I was just wondering if the switch was becoming weak or if it had some other problem... I don't know much about electricity to be honest!

Speaking of the switch, when I first got it, I thought it was weird that the switch clicks when you turn on the first oven, and for the second it doesn't click; it clicks only when you turn it off again. I'm kinda high and not sure if that makes any sense so here is a second way to say it: one side clicks when you turn on, the other clicks when you turn off. There.

Any insights mucho appreciated!
BTW, even though I'm not sure what the warranty is like for Canadian customers (custom fees...?), Haze seems to take great care of their customers.

...and you guys seem like a bunch of super friendly stoners :D
Nice to "meet" you all and sorry for the super long post

Last edited:

MinnBobber

[Any thoughts on water vaping for me would be great, I read about it hydrating the vapor...?]
IMO a water piece really makes the vape experience MUCH easier on the lungs. Vapor does not need much cooling but it is very very dry and moisturizing it really help.
There is a simple accessory, made by @Ratchett from these forums. It's silicone adapter that snugs onto the mouthpiece and mates to a glass bubbler.
http://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/haze-vaporizer/
The small size should work for the Haze round mouthpiece. The medium has an oval port, for vapes like the Mighty with an oval mouthpiece.

IMG_0090__39248.1425606295.1280.1280.jpg

water can really make the vapor smoother on your throat and lungs and actually, hot water works even better as it gives more moisture to the vapor (more than cold water).

Isa

IMO a water piece really makes the vape experience MUCH easier on the lungs. Vapor does not need much cooling but it is very very dry and moisturizing it really help.
There is a simple accessory, made by @Ratchett from these forums. It's silicone adapter that snugs onto the mouthpiece and mates to a glass bubbler.
http://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/haze-vaporizer/
The small size should work for the Haze round mouthpiece. The medium has an oval port, for vapes like the Mighty with an oval mouthpiece.

IMG_0090__39248.1425606295.1280.1280.jpg

water can really make the vapor smoother on your throat and lungs and actually, hot water works even better as it gives more moisture to the vapor (more than cold water).

Hot water, I have to give it a try! I would have picked up an attachment from vaped.ca but they didn't carry any.

Does @Ratchett ship to Canada? Our dollar sucks right now and custom fees are super steep so I'm avoiding ordering anything from the US altogether lately....

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So here it is: I turned the switch on (rather slowly) and saw the low battery light show for a brief moment. I thought okay, it must be low, I did use that battery yesterday - I had never seen the low battery light before. So I put in the other one which is freshly charged and the same thing happens, on both sides of the switch. Actually I tried again to check and even when turning the unit on quickly, I still see the red light for a split second before seeing the blinking yellow light. I never noticed that and been using it a lot since I got it.... any of you guys experienced that?

My v3 does that too. I suspect that the light is triggered because the switch makes a partial contact as it turns on so for a split-second it's not registering the full current.

Isa

Thank! Yes some of this seems normal. The lights stay solid and you have to toggle the temp button to reset and start the heating again. This is a minor software glitch. Your opening on your chambers seems a bit off. They should be opening up pretty much the same amount?

About the 70% opening - really? I just cleaned the chamber holes with some ISO yesterday for the first time and actually noticed that same thing. The hole seems to be in a different direction also. I thought that was normal...?

Isa,

scottg402

About the 70% opening - really? I just cleaned the chamber holes with some ISO yesterday for the first time and actually noticed that same thing. The hole seems to be in a different direction also. I thought that was normal...?
When the switch is in the neutral position (powered off) you should see about a 50% opening in each. When the switch is activating one chamber or the other, that chamber should be 100% open and the other chamber 100% closed.

EDIT:

Anyone in the market for a Haze V3? We have a promotion going on unil St. Patrick's Day (3/21). 30% off a GREEN unit only (not applicable to bundles).

Last edited:

woolspinner

Just got the last one. Pretty sure it's the 2.0. Hope shipping to Canada is not an adventure. So is the consensus that $87 plus $10 to ship to Canada is still a good deal for the 2.0?

I should think so! Cheaper than a lot of other subpar vapes at that price!

I never had that version, but the temps were different, I know. The mouthpiece will stick if you do not clean it and the path regularly. Be sure to read earlier parts of this thread (search for "2.5" maybe and read stuff around the earliest occurrences and before? ) to familiarize yourself with it. Still a great device. When you get it, contact Haze, or Scott even, to check the serial number, they can tell you which version.

bobo305

wow, 30% off, making it $175...hard to resist...

having a hard time finding the 4 temps presets. anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
just had a quick question I'm new to this thread and havent read throughout all the pages just wanted to know if one was to have a haze 2.5 can they upgrade to a 3 and how much would that be just wondering love to Hate by the way I think it's an amazing vaporizer if the stem didn't get stuck all the time

CalyxSmokr

Finally tried out my V2 and I like it. Just using it for concentrates as an alternative to a pen. Seems to work well and I am keeping it horizontal to prevent leakage. I power it up just for a few draws at 4 and then pop the battery to take the remaining till it cools down.
It would be nice if there was one more button push so you could turn off the heater with the mouthpiece out.
Do the cans need to be cleaned every time for wax or maybe every other?
And now I see about the whole battery issue. I thought any 18650 would work but looks like only the Haze batteries function - so I guess I will get XLs when I order cans
-wow first bowl and mouthpiece already stuck. Will not even try storing this is the unit. Makes it hard to take without a case

Last edited:

woolspinner

Finally tried out my V2 and I like it. Just using it for concentrates as an alternative to a pen. Seems to work well and I am keeping it horizontal to prevent leakage. I power it up just for a few draws at 4 and then pop the battery to take the remaining till it cools down.
It would be nice if there was one more button push so you could turn off the heater with the mouthpiece out.
Do the cans need to be cleaned every time for wax or maybe every other?
And now I see about the whole battery issue. I thought any 18650 would work but looks like only the Haze batteries function - so I guess I will get XLs when I order cans
-wow first bowl and mouthpiece already stuck. Will not even try storing this is the unit. Makes it hard to take without a case

Yeah. I have switched to the steel MP for that reason.

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
@scottg402 do you guys do upgrades and how much would it be to upgrade a haze 2.5 to the 3 I really like it a lot but would like the improvements on the stem and whatever else was done I love this vape I compare it to the solo which I have deep deep love for

Fightingteam

@scottg402 do you guys do upgrades and how much would it be to upgrade a haze 2.5 to the 3 I really like it a lot but would like the improvements on the stem and whatever else was done I love this vape I compare it to the solo which I have deep deep love for
From what I've read the upgrade program has been suspended for now. I'd love to be able to upgrade my v2 for whatever the difference in price.

whereskarlo

Is there a way to properly clean the air path where the stems slot in? I keep having issues pulling the stems out and I have cleaned the stems and the path as best I could. What causes them to stick? Is it the top part of the opening?

Top Bottom