1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Dual V3

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mrweed, Mar 10, 2014.

1. woolspinner

woolspinner Well-Known Member

I am going to lobby in the opposite direction, my friend. I like the KISS principle because sometimes high tech gets in the way or just breaks in a non-user-fixable manner. Cars are a good example, some stuff is really cool and useful, but all of it means your mechanic practually has to have an electrical engineering degree to work on the damned thing.

If you want to go hardcore computerized, an app that tracks usage and can provide useful statistics and history, particularly for the budget conscious or med users, one where you can download data from your device. I went to a seminar on apps for medical devices that fascinated me...

If double oven consumption is of interest, I hope they make it optional, one bowl lasts me multiple sessions as it is.

I blend my own multi-strain mixes in the grinder, though. You might try it. LA Cheese made me itchy, but 50/50 LAC/Black Cherry Soda doesn't make me noticeably itchy.

Edit to add: @scottg402 Agree on the lids, I did not like the black lids for flower, but lI've the stainless. Stopped using screens altogether because it keeps it cleaner and I like that.

2. mrtnluther

mrtnluther Berlin School

I finally got my Haze yesterday thanks to Scott and CS helping me correct my error on checkout. I got the on the go bundle for 130 and i ordered 4 more dry herb canisters for 23. I didnt do a burn in but carefully cleaned with iso and dried it all. It had a funky taste when I first used it....but my god what a diff to my Pax 2! The draw and the high seem far superior...sorry Pax i still luv ya. I really like this unit and I hope it breaks in soon. Thanks to all on here who helped me to pull the trigger! Still want an EVO someday!! LOL!!

3. myth00n

myth00n New Member

Hello everyone,
    Namaste from India!
    Also, this is my first post on FC!
    Just ordered the Haze V3 following the black Friday sale.
    It has been delivered to my friend in TX.
    He will be visiting me over the Christmas holidays during which he will get the haze back to India, which is going to be one hell of a long wait.

I have followed this thread very closely.
    The main reason I have chosen the Haze path is to kick the butt, thus, eliminating tobacco / nicotine intake.
    I think this is a carefully constructed product (all American products are). Can't wait to test it and write a review for the Haze from India (Very excited as I guess that this will be the first Haze to be tested and reviewed in India thus increasing your country base by one more).

Thank you,
    Mithun.

duckTape, Bladesman, Drexciya and 3 others like this.
  4. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Is there an overcharge protection built in the Haze charger?

5. myth00n

myth00n New Member

I belive so, most of it already discussed in this thread.
    Follow this link : Battery discussion link.

6. ShovelHead

ShovelHead Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!

Hello FC Members, I am a new member to the forum but have been reading it for some time now. I bought a Haze Dual V3 about a month ago and I feel it is the best investment I have made as far as portable Vapes. I have used several different types from desk tops to pens and Haze is by far the best portable vape I have used and with the dual bowls it is very versatile and is an added bonus! There is one concern I have and that is when I use it I get restricted air flow the hotter and longer the sessions get? I initially thought that when the dry herb gets vaped that the dryer it gets that particles drop off and plug up the air holes when I’m drawing from it so I took out the screen and the dry herb canister and tried it with nothing in the bowls and I get the same thing / restricted air flow the hotter the bowls get. Has anybody else had this problem? I use the dry herb canister because it has less air flow restriction while in use.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    woolspinner and Drexciya like this.
  7. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

after you have vaped with the haze and its cooling down but still warm take the battery out and use a q tip dipped in iso and clean the air chamber where the mouthpiece sticks in with the q tip. turn the unit upside down and use the q tip to clean it out. let it air out afterwards and keep it upside down until it dries out. resin build up can occur in that air path

woolspinner, Drexciya and Philreal187 like this.
  8. bibblybobbly

bibblybobbly Well-Known Member

I clean my Haze once every week or so. This time I left it a little longer, so I pulled out a lot of gunk. But I don't know what to do with it, so I just throw the q-tips in the trash. Is there some way I can reclaim this goodness?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Drexciya likes this.
  9. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Everytime my mouthpiece gets gooey I soak it in Everclear. After a few mp soaks the Everclear turns nice and brown. What you have is a tincture. I used to make a drink with it but I couldn't get up the next day. I tried using coconut milk but it just gave me gas. Scared the hell out of the dog. He spent the rest of the night sitting across the room staring at me. Doc

10. bibblybobbly

bibblybobbly Well-Known Member

That's great, but how can I achieve a similar thing with q-tips?

Drexciya likes this.
  11. TheVapeler

TheVapeler Well-Known Member

The q-tips still should be thrown away, sounds like a necessary waste to me...but soaking resin coated glass is a great way to accumulate leftover goods so I'd just stick to that.

Drexciya likes this.
  12. C No Ego

cut the Q tips off ( pun), the actual tips and then soak them in iso or grain alcohol to reclaim. I've been using organic q tips and am going to try a reclaim when I have enough...

13. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

who sells organic Q tips?
    I've been using regular Q tips BUT wrap some degummed hemp fiber around the cotton tip. After swabbing hot parts without any solvent, unwind hemp and ready to vape :)

Drexciya, C No Ego and UnshavenFish like this.
  14. UnshavenFish

UnshavenFish Well-Known Member

I use a similar method to this but use wooden toothpicks/cocktail sticks then wrap/twist some organic cotton around one end, this way they can also be used to clean the vapour path from the bowl to MP holder and I don't have to worry about any glue that might be used on normal Q tips.

15. C No Ego

my girl had some she did not use. they are organic wooden q tips. probably still have some type of glue though, did not think of that... thanks

Drexciya likes this.
  16. Drexciya

Drexciya Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers

Yeah, organic or not I am stilll kind of bothered by the glue that is used.

scottg402 likes this.
  17. George1151

George1151 Well-Known Member

i swap everything after each time I use my Haze. The vapor path the bowls, the top lids (steel insert into the silicone, the mouthpiece (pipe cleaner for that).

One thing I would recommend for less harshness is to use a water piece with either a delta3dstudios.com Song or the Haze water piece adapter (what I use).

I have 2 water-pieces and can wholeheartedly recommend the D020-D from Dhgate.

It is amazing with the Haze. Never use my very good desktop anymore.

woolspinner, C No Ego and ShovelHead like this.
  18. Mustang_52

Mustang_52 Active Member

Could somebody do me a favor and shine a flashlight down where the mouthpiece goes and look into the air holes for each oven. Are both air holes supposed to be the same because my lower oven air hole is almost completely closed. It looks like it was manufactured that way. I tried using a pin but it's like the hole is misaligned.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  19. George1151

George1151 Well-Known Member

You should be dealing with Scott on that one. If there is a manufacturing defect or any defect for that matter he's the man for making warranty claims etc.

woolspinner likes this.
  20. Kakaxxot

Kakaxxot Member

So one of my batteries crapped out on me and I bought some new ones. However, I'm an idiot and didn't buy the right ones. Are 3000mAh ok to use? I know the ones that come with it are 2600mAh.

21. Mustang_52

Mustang_52 Active Member

How do I go about getting in touch with him on here?

22. Office_Printer

Office_Printer Well-Known Member

mAh doesn't matter as far as safety is concerned. What batteries did you purchase?

Drexciya likes this.
  23. Kakaxxot

Kakaxxot Member

EBL 18650's.

24. Office_Printer

Office_Printer Well-Known Member

The Haze uses a protected battery which is slightly longer than a standard 18650. Your best bet is to buy the official replacements.

ShovelHead and Drexciya like this.
  25. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

Mustang
    I think what you're describing is normal
    Turn the oven select thingy the other way and look down the hole (or shine some light down there and look for light coming out of the ovens).
    As you select the oven to be heated, one airpath should open up as the other airpath is closed off with some clever engineering.

woolspinner, ShovelHead and Drexciya like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors