Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@Drexciya since i responded to @Archaicrevival in an earlier post, i did not want to repeat it for keeping it clean but here was my message to @duff

"...The unit in question looks like it had both chamber thermistors failed. It means that there were no regulation for the heat settings and no matter which setting you use, it will go up to 4th and highest setting until it burns your herb completely. If the unit was used in this format for a period of time, it will eventually stop working all together. On the other hand, the air path iscompletely sealed. It means that none of theheater areas have exposure to the air path. (you can see the setup with the metal air path and silicone seal around the holes)."

Hope this helps.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
@Drexciya since i responded to @Archaicrevival in an earlier post, i did not want to repeat it for keeping it clean but here was my message to @duff

"...The unit in question looks like it had both chamber thermistors failed. It means that there were no regulation for the heat settings and no matter which setting you use, it will go up to 4th and highest setting until it burns your herb completely. If the unit was used in this format for a period of time, it will eventually stop working all together. On the other hand, the air path iscompletely sealed. It means that none of theheater areas have exposure to the air path. (you can see the setup with the metal air path and silicone seal around the holes)."

Hope this helps.

I applaud the transparency and the additional info to your original answer helps with understanding how it could have happened.

Sometimes I forget my Haze Dual and I feel bad for doing so because although there is a heat protection system in place I think it is better to switch it of manually than to let it hit the auto shutoff. I am just glad to read that it wasn't a case of hitting the auto switch off a couple of times to many and that is wasn't an issue that could've been prevented by the user. I am all for preventing bad things to happen to my Haze Dual

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
Good to know. What was the error? So I can avoid making it myself.

Ok, here’s what I found during my :science: "Scientific" :science: research sessions LOL.

1. First let me say I'm a right handed person and I noticed during my sessions that I would hold the V3 in my left hand because of the way the V3 is built with the ovens on the right side during sessions. I would hold it slanted a little bit with the air path hole on the bottom side while vaping which would cause the finely ground herb to collect at the air path hole.

2. My medical herb :leaf: I got at my dispensary this time was Island Sweet Skunk and I was grinding it too fine. When I opened up the oven after my sessions I noticed that the material was really fine like Kiev and it was all collected at the air hole which in turn was blocking my airflow in the convection screen and plugging up the air holes in the herb can. So the longer the session the more the material would pile up and block the air flow. And another reason is that I was drawing too hard for the finely ground herb and sucking the material up into the holes ( :bang: but I didn’t know that it was ground too fine :bang: ). The harder the draw got the harder I would draw from it which made more fine material collect at the airflow hole. Hope this makes sense to you all.

So this is what I did.

1. I would not grind the material as fine.

2. I held the vaporizer at a slight angle so that the air hole was more at the top of the oven.

3. I would slow my draws down like I was drawing off of my MFLB :mflb:.

4. At the end of my session I would shake it a little bit like my MFLB :mflb: and I would get an easier air flow (when it was half to 3/4 full and not packed). I would shake it just a little to get more air flow and not to get an even burn of the material because the V3 vapes the material evenly without having to stir it halfway through to get a couple more hits. (V3 is the only vape I've used where I didn't have to do that - NICE!)

So I'm a very happy camper now! :tup:

George1151

I have a Kannastor Gr8tr grinder which has 2 grinding plate, fine and medium. For the longest time I was using the fine grind plate with my Haze but lately I find I get much better clouds and extraction when using the medium grinding plate instead of the fine. And that seems to eliminate particles being inhaled as well.

Hi, longtime Haze user here (2+ years). I just wanted to say that the Haze has cured me of my vaporizer acquisition syndrome (VAS). I can say that it is the perfect vape for me. There are so many things I love about it, including not having to stir the material, the ability to prepack the cans, and the removable batteries - not to mention their unparalleled customer service.
I would recommend this vape to anyone who enjoys herb and wants to get the most out of their stash.

Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and that we all have a green Xmas.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Hi, longtime Haze user here (2+ years). I just wanted to say that the Haze has cured me of my vaporizer acquisition syndrome (VAS). I can say that it is the perfect vape for me. There are so many things I love about it, including not having to stir the material, the ability to prepack the cans, and the removable batteries - not to mention their unparalleled customer service.
I would recommend this vape to anyone who enjoys herb and wants to get the most out of their stash.

Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and that we all have a green Xmas.

when someone who is looking into getting a new vaporizer is asking me for advice I sometimes go over all the new options in the field since I bought my Haze Dual to make sure my advice to get one still is sound. After almost a year I still recommend the Haze Dual everytime someone asks

ginolicious

This vape has now just fallen on my possible want list. The fact it does convection and conduction while being hella easy to clean.

The inside plastic can you wipe with ISO?

Fact the air path is sealed it amazing. But I do have a question regarding the actual air path. Is that cleanable where the glass stem goes? And if so can you use ISO?

ShovelHead

This vape has now just fallen on my possible want list. The fact it does convection and conduction while being hella easy to clean.

The inside plastic can you wipe with ISO?

Fact the air path is sealed it amazing. But I do have a question regarding the actual air path. Is that cleanable where the glass stem goes? And if so can you use ISO?

Yes you can clean the air path where the glass tube is, I use ISO to clean mine. It is very easy to clean. You just need ISO, Q-Tips and the cleaning tool it comes with. You will have to clean it at regular intervals. The good news is that it is easy to clean with alcohol and does not lose color or shine in spite of regular cleanings.
I do not regret purchasing mine. :rockon:

Last edited:

Majordude2626

My rotation consist of FF2, Ti Vong S vapcap, and Haze V3. I've pretty much retired my og pax, and gifted my mflb. If I could only have one, it would be the haze. The biggest downsides are that its not on demand like vapcap and FF2. That is also a plus because you can just turn it on and use it. No muss no fuss. No technique no deep breaths thing just works. I only use it for dry material because ff2 is superior for concentrates, but its nice to have the option. I only use ss cans, no screens at all because it keeps everything very tidy. It cleans very quickly and easily. It has a 10 year warranty, and uses replaceable batteries. It allows you to be able to sit back and puff over a several minutes, 10, 15, even longer especially with two ovens ready to go. I'll start at level 1 and work my way up. It easy for novices to use so it great for group sessions. I use mine with fc-187 water tool from dhgate and eds tnt vong sold at puffitup, and on hazes own site. They have great customer support. I think it makes a solid foundation, and if you find you a need something a little more niche to compliment it at a later date, then so be it. Haze was selling the cheapest bundle for $130 during the black friday sale. I was gonna get a second one, but ended up taking advantage of vapcap sale instead. But seriously I was gonna get another one, because I would hate to be w/o it if I needed some warranty work done. 10 year warranty! How can you go wrong.

ginolicious

$249CDN with 15% off for Boxing Day. Wish it was a little bit more of a sale but still think I'm going to buy it. Going to cost me $211CDN. wanted to save an extra $11 but oh well.

ginolicious

Couple questions for everyone. Mine just arrived and the batteries are charging so I decided to take the silicone off and the oven lids off too to see how easy it was.

1. My battery lid seems to be a little loose as in it's really easy to open.

2. The oven door seems very delicate no? When you put the oven lids back on including the silicone you need to be very careful not to snap the door right? Cause the door does wiggle when open.

3. The oven door does fit nice and snug which is nice but you hear a better snap when it shuts without the oven lids. Is this normal? Or did I not put the sick one back properly?

4. The silicone piece for the oven lids can only go 1 way right?

ginolicious,

George1151

1. On mine the battery door is harder to open when the battery is in the unit than when it is out. (I now take the battery out as soon as I finish a session). I also wipe down the steel top oven lids after each session (even a few puffs) as well as wipe down the silicone oven top holder. No ISO needed when its still hot/warm.

2. No issues for me with door

3. Never noticed

4. Yes, but since I wipe it down after each use when hot I have not had to remove them. They never seem to go on as well as they were originally.

I also wipe out the vapor path when hot right after each use. Just use a dollar store qtip no iso and scrub it out with the sliding top switch in both open positions. I use a water device most of the time and the Haze glass GonG and I wipe that down too ans use a pipe cleaner through the opening. If using the metal or glass mouthpiece I pipe clean them right after use. Stuff on the outside I just rub off with my fingers.

Also first thing I do after taking out the battery is take out the hot can. After wiping everything down I empty the can and clean it out with the qtip and maybe a toothpick. My ABV is fairly sticky because I don't screen out the kief from my grinder, I put everything in and some fills have have a lot of kief in there which makes the abv sticky.

Since doing this after each use my Hazer tested like brand new every time I use it and it means I rarely do a major ISO cleaning because it is so easy to clean up when still warm. When out and about travelling I still try to do this if possible (just remember to take a qtip before going out).

The vapor quality on mine improved after using it for a few days/weeks. Haze does not suggest a burn in, in fact they tell you NOT to burn it in especially with no or empty cans.

Even though it is not an on demand vape I find that if you fill a can and take about 5 or 6 or 7 hits then immediately take out the battery, remove the can and clean things up then I can get a 2nd session sometimes even a 3rd this way. I vape flower mostly on 1. 2nd go around I might or might not bump it up to 2 or even 3. 1 has the best flavour by far and clouds are about the same as higher settings. Since using the medium grind option on my gr8tr I get better clouds than when I was using the fine grind plate.

Haze is nice because no need to stir (don't think I have ever stirred it since I have had it).

ginolicious

Wow eh. You do a full clean on the sucker. Kudos to you. I'm going to start practicing to use the brush to clean my lids and ovens. I have to say I did 3-4 ovens last night in both herb chamber and convection screen. I love this little thing. Only down side is I still have that manufacturer smell and plastic taste going on. So I'm hoping after today's sessions I won't.

And yeah I agree when you take the silicone off it doesn't fit properly but I intend to do deep cleans cause I have some non ISO cleaner which is nice to be used for those spots.

Gotta say I've been vaping on a step up 2,3,4 to finish off. But I may try a bowl on 1.

I feel the taste will be better than my Vapir rise once I get the manufacturer taste out.

ginolicious,

George1151

I have never used either of the screens that come with the Haze. Cans only. I find the brush pretty useless and if you use the brush when things are warm then the gooey stuff will get on your brush (and still have some left behind because it is for clearing particles not wiping away distilate) and then the brush will stay sticky unless you soak it in iso.

Temp 1 at vaping flower was the biggest change from V1 and V2. With V2 they increased it to use with flower. Try a few bowls. Takes a bit longer for clouds but once they arrive they are sizeable and have the best taste.

I also have a Vapir Rise 2 and should sell it. I never use it since getting the Haze. That stand that @Ratchett sells is amazing http://delta3dstudios.com/haze-vaporizer-stand/

ginolicious

Guess I'll do a quick wipe with the q tips like you suggest. I'm still experimenting what works for me. I like both the pod and convection screen. Can't tell the difference really. Haven't even tried my stainless steel mouth piece. But I love this unit. The small bowls are perfect for me.

ginolicious,

George1151

Most people prefer the steel one to the glass one. On mine the glass one slides in and out a bit too easily. The steel one is perfect. I pipe clean it too right after using each time and rub off the outside residue with my fingers (when it is warm works best).

George1151,

Lou Taylor

Temp 1 at vaping flower was the biggest change from V1 and V2. With V2 they increased it to use with flower. Try a few bowls. Takes a bit longer for clouds but once they arrive they are sizeable and have the best taste.

I use temp #1 & #2 for e-juice and it works very well. I love the Haze's ability to go from e-juice to bud to concentrate just by changing the can! I've had mine for a couple of years now and it's a tank!

ShovelHead

Most people prefer the steel one to the glass one. On mine the glass one slides in and out a bit too easily. The steel one is perfect. I pipe clean it too right after using each time and rub off the outside residue with my fingers (when it is warm works best).
I enjoy both the metal and glass draw tubes but I use my glass draw tube so that I can see how much resin is on it which tells me when it's time to clean my V3. :clap:

Top Bottom