Discontinued Haze Dual V3

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
After using the canister with herbs, I used the canister with herbs sandwiching a dab in the middle,

I don't recommend this, it seems the dab outlasts the herb so we were left with a dab vapor but still burnt herb taste after about 5-7 minutes on heat setting 4, I would probably dab by itself instead of sandwiching after this experience,

Dab by itself on 4 is great with the silicone lid, BUT my favorite way is a little dab on bottom, fill with herb and use the herb lid. Set to temp 3 and you are set for one hell of a session.!

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Hello fellow Haze users and prospects! I wanted to add something to making your Haze even more useful as well as extending your mj experience.

I'm sure most of you know by now about abv and it's many uses. Super!

Try to save any and everything you use whilst consuming, cleaning or otherwise. Save any and everything making contact with your Haze. Just like abv it takes time to build up but in the end it's well worth it.

I've been saving my q-tips after every cleaning of my Haze and then I place them in a mason jar in a dark cool place with the lid tightly closed.

After over a year I decided to reclaim what I could from the q-tips. This process is super easy. I just soaked them and agitated for 2 days in a deep bowl filled with Everclear. After agitating I always covered the bowl back up.

After this grab your glass 6x12 or any size Pyrex cooking dish. I then poured the liquid through a cheese cloth to strain and then into the dish.

After this I just placed the dish on top a portable old iron style enclosed heater. I was to lazy to dig my digital hot plate out of storage.....lol. Then when I woke up the glass dish was ready for scraping.

I was very pleased with how much I was able to reclaim. I only suggest doing this with top quality flowers or extracts. I say this because it'll take many sessions to get the nasty taste out of your Haze if you are vaporizing sub par products.

I hope this isn't to far off topic as the Haze makes easy work of the reclaim in style with a smile!

Always remember to clean the device after 6 loads or so. A clean vaporize is at its top operating standards. This of course makes for better and more pleasant sessions all around. Plus it's much easier on your Haze and should keep it working flawlessly for years to come.

Remember to save your cleaning bits for added benefits too, cheers!

NikeReebok23

What are the ways people have been using to clean the canisters?

I have been soaking them in either a

-90% alcohol and salt mixture

-90% Alcohol Mixture

-Hot Water & Dish Washing Soap

sometimes even a mixture of all 3 and using q-tips and supplied bristle brush to clean, Now the lids I can usually get spotless but the insides I can't seems to get that brownish tarnish off, It doesn't really seem to affect taste but was wondering what the veterans are doing to keep their canisters spotless or atleast cleaner for the long run,

- Important Points to consider or that I usually vape 3 and 4

- The lid of haze, where the silicone and steel are - I can usually with a towel dipped in alcohol clean this part of the lid so its spotless with no residue,

- The interior oven of my Haze is pretty much brand new, I give it a lil dry wipe virtually every session and then a wipe with alcohol perhaps every 5-6 sessions (both ovens used = 1 session).

- Being able to keep the machine and the silicone lid spotless I'm trying to figure out why I can't get the canisters clean?

- I even have a ultra sonic cleaning machine (harbor freight) that I use with the alcohol to gently agitate the alcohol while the canisters are in there (upside down) to get movement, I 've had them in boiling hot water and soap and although its clean, it leaves a bit to be desired I wouldn't even mind paying more if they ever invented some kind of glass canister or fully stainless steel? Just thinking aloud

About to enjoy a loaded canister and off to sleep before I go on the nightshift,

Oh and point about the reclaim

I have a mason jar next to my smoking table filled with coconut oil that I regularly dumb all my abv into, looking to filer this through a coffer filter into another mason jar and use next week :)

Will look into saving the q-tips like your method will look into it

ichibaneye

What are the ways people have been using to clean the canisters?

I have been soaking them in either a

-90% alcohol and salt mixture

-90% Alcohol Mixture

-Hot Water & Dish Washing Soap

sometimes even a mixture of all 3 and using q-tips and supplied bristle brush to clean, Now the lids I can usually get spotless but the insides I can't seems to get that brownish tarnish off, It doesn't really seem to affect taste but was wondering what the veterans are doing to keep their canisters spotless or atleast cleaner for the long run,

Hello,

Over time the canisters will take on some other colors. This generally happens over time with many metals being heated and cooling over and over again.

But to keep these babies basically spotless you'll want to deep clean them after each use. Not just a wipe down. Or you can go a few more sessions do the same thing and pick yourself up a brass or stainless steel bristled brush.

These act like a very fine grit sandpaper and will in a way polish them back to almost that brand new look. Cleaning takes elbow grease.

Also if you haven't yet used the conduction and convection screens Haze provides be prepared for the heating elements to take on some discoloration also.

As long as the canisters are clean the coloration does not effect a thing besides looks. Thanks for the comments and enjoy. Cheers!

scottg402

what about using the dab by itself on 4? seems like it wouldn't vape too well or too muchh at 3 since its much lower temp? Waiting to get some more dabs to test it out, been experimenting between haze and yocan dab pen,
Well the pen is going to be different. This is a "session" dab experience rather than a few quick hits. Less is more with the Haze. Rice size grain or smaller but you won't see Yocan clouds. It is meant for a more relaxed, kick back, concentrate session.

NikeReebok23

Hello,

Over time the canisters will take on some other colors. This generally happens over time with many metals being heated and cooling over and over again.

But to keep these babies basically spotless you'll want to deep clean them after each use. Not just a wipe down. Or you can go a few more sessions do the same thing and pick yourself up a brass or stainless steel bristled brush.

These act like a very fine grit sandpaper and will in a way polish them back to almost that brand new look. Cleaning takes elbow grease.

Also if you haven't yet used the conduction and convection screens Haze provides be prepared for the heating elements to take on some discoloration also.

As long as the canisters are clean the coloration does not effect a thing besides looks. Thanks for the comments and enjoy. Cheers!

Was wondering where to pick up these brushes? I just took them out the super sonic cleaner and like you said slight discoloration but shouldn't (hopefully affect taste) will be repacking them in a bit contemplating what mouthpiece I want to use it with my water-pipe my diy mod although working has left me desiring a bit more

ichibaneye

Was wondering where to pick up these brushes? I just took them out the super sonic cleaner and like you said slight discoloration but shouldn't (hopefully affect taste) will be repacking them in a bit contemplating what mouthpiece I want to use it with my water-pipe my diy mod although working has left me desiring a bit more

I get mine at firearms dealers or you can also find them at Cabellas or similar retailers in their firearms sections. Look into the gun-smithing and cleaning supplies areas and you'll find them.

Also, do tell the rest of the Hazeohnauts here more about your diy setup. We are an appreciative and curious lot. We also appreciate pictures and videos immensely round these parts. Those also usually get you rewarded with the elusive yet commonly spotted likes.

Cheers my friend/friends!

NikeReebok23

I get mine at firearms dealers or you can also find them at Cabellas or similar retailers in their firearms sections. Look into the gun-smithing and cleaning supplies areas and you'll find them.

Also, do tell the rest of the Hazeohnauts here more about your diy setup. We are an appreciative and curious lot. We also appreciate pictures and videos immensely round these parts. Those also usually get you rewarded with the elusive yet commonly spotted likes.

Cheers my friend/friends!

I'm currently online looking at Cabella's thanks a lot for the info,

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/haze-dual-v3.13162/page-203

Heres a link to the post where I put up some pictures, I plan on taking a few more of my smoking/table tomorrow, nothing fancy but I am appreciating it more and more my little station.

Since I got the haze last Tuesday I haven't even touched a Bic lighter, and I have a drawer with like 15 of them right now.

But More and More I find I am using my E-nano to replace my regular Bong hits,
I'm Using the Haze v3 whenever I'm not at home,
The car rides, walking the dog, at the park, doing the housework/yardwork/garagework with a buddy, the portability is huge and the extra loaded canisters has changed the way I get high.

No more carrying a grinder, or a folded sheet of paper with already ground weed,

I usually have a bic, a small pipe or small glass bowl depends, and either grinder or small folded sheet of paper.

I currently have the keychain with 4 loaded canisters plus 1 canister and a convection screen in the haze itself. I don't think I'll ever use all 8 canisters + 2 in the machine in one day while out without having to reload so I feel like for most places and occasions, the Haze and the case I ordered should keep me right just about anywhere.

For a small ride or just a run to the store, my tolerance I would say is... average... nvm I don't know what average is but If I'm gone for 2-4 hours, just the haze with 2 canisters loaded and a full battery is usually all I need for me. However If I'm a go somewhere with a buddy, I'll probably be bringing the keychain,

As for the water-tool (The Bong is very dirty now from usage and I will have to clean before I post new pictures of it)

But I am considering Haze's Water Tool Device or Ed's TNT or one of the other companies that makes an adapter to use with a water pipe. I usually have it at 3 or 4 (4 because the water cools down the vape so much) and take a puff every 30 or seconds or so.

On setting 4, It is expectedly shorter session, (I feel extracts everything better)
On setting 3, it is noticeably better tasting (no wonder everyone keeps saying they don't use 4)

My last test before work makes me wonder if using the canister on 4 makes them a lil harder to clean vs 3 as I notice on 4 the bud gets pretty black and smoldered vs 3 a lil browner and lil easier to clean off.

But I will say that Using the haze v3 through the bong is a little much for 2 people, Especially because the bong helps you take such a huge hits, its almost better for 2 people to use the haze WITHOUT the water pipe to extend the session but to each his own.

Just from today's session my buddy was kinda looking at the bong expecting more because and I could be wrong, it seems sessions with the haze through the bong are shorter (especially since we went through a canister on the way home before we used the bong so we had a pretty decent frame of reference for comparison). So my personal preference as I enjoy the act of smoking/vaping and relaxing with company. I'm leaning towards using the haze without the tool if only to extend the session. Would like to hear everybody else's experience.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...ssories/_/N-1102325/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104270580

Only thing I could find that was close to bristle brushes, still looking on the site for something appropriate or similar to what it is you have

Last edited:

rshetts

Just a heads up for those looking at getting a Haze and want a nice discount. Vapeworld is running a 20% off sale for Labor day if you use the code laborday20. The sale lasts until September 19. Also if you want to go direct from the manufacturer, I wont speak for Scott on this one but they will usually price match and since they have accessories on sale as well, you can get all your needs form one place if they are willing.

NikeReebok23

Wanted to post for fun, maybe it'll inspire other to put their setups,

Starting with what I assume most people have, the revered Smoke Room lol,

Its really just the back room where the Wife won't bother me (good thing she doesn't read these boards)

Back when I use to combust I preferred to smoke in the back room instead of living room due to the smell all over the place So i found and old table we weren't using a curtain that we don't use and decided to make the experience more enjoyable.

Lol please don't laugh, I'm sure there and many of you with much better setups, anyway,

pnWW722fj

Corner of the back room where I keep most of my paraphernalia, the mason jar next to the water pipe is coconut oil where I dump my abv in

pm6AvaMoj

Underneath the table is a small... I ono what you call it? storage thing?

plf7k5Tuj

1st drawer with 4 different stands separated by jars and the bin of lighters I no longer use thanks to Haze
plXsf8itj

2nd Bin, Full of boxes and stuff I don't really use
pl2fOvGnj
pmr4NNPfj

Picture of the Haze in my office,
pnSPAZpij

picture of my haze before I pack it up to go :)
pm7EReJ5j

Canisters are soaking in alcohol and salt before I rinse in water and soap to load,
pnIl2n7Gj

Working at home, with Haze,
poaBH3ROj

Stays, right next to my mouse,

Enjoy and post your own

ichibaneye

Any advice on how to clean the haze out after using tobacco e-juice in it?

Do the same deep clean you would always do before. Then if you can find like a swizzle stick stirring straw.

Take your battery out. Now select the oven you'd like to clean. As in move the selector switch to it. Then take a hair dryer on a low heat setting and cup your hand on the end while also covering the area around the oven your cleaning. Heat it up for a little bit.

Now after this take your stir straw and place it over/in the vapor intake hole. Blow blow and blow again. This pushes out more of the e-juice residue that you couldn't reach before. Do this a few times and after use a pipe cleaner in the same hole, dampened with iso not soaking wet, ream a few times and let dry.

You will have a bit of taste left over when switching back over to herbs and concentrates but not near as much as without doing this. After a few rounds that taste will disappear and you'll be rocking just like before.

I personally don't use mine with da juice but I've helped a friend of mine a few times who owns the Haze also clean his. He's new to the Haze.

I hope this helps and cheers!

JimmyCricket

Do the same deep clean you would always do before. Then if you can find like a swizzle stick stirring straw.

Take your battery out. Now select the oven you'd like to clean. As in move the selector switch to it. Then take a hair dryer on a low heat setting and cup your hand on the end while also covering the area around the oven your cleaning. Heat it up for a little bit.

Now after this take your stir straw and place it over/in the vapor intake hole. Blow blow and blow again. This pushes out more of the e-juice residue that you couldn't reach before. Do this a few times and after use a pipe cleaner in the same hole, dampened with iso not soaking wet, ream a few times and let dry.

You will have a bit of taste left over when switching back over to herbs and concentrates but not near as much as without doing this. After a few rounds that taste will disappear and you'll be rocking just like before.

I personally don't use mine with da juice but I've helped a friend of mine a few times who owns the Haze also clean his. He's new to the Haze.

I hope this helps and cheers!
Thanks so much! I will definitely grab some of those straws and try that. After a normal clean with iso and q-tips its still tasting strongly like the e-juice. Unfortunately, I got a bunch of residue on the ovens as well. Last time i experiment with e-juice in my precious Haze!

ichibaneye

@JimmyCricket you're welcome. :tup:

I'm So anal about my cleaning I even pull the end of my q-tips off the cardboard to stick out a bit so they cone out and I then twist them up and insert them into the vapor inlet holes before finally reaming them with pipe cleaners.

I swear that the extra steps help in my mind but most likely it's just over kill. Haha:mental::horse: cheers!

NikeReebok23

I use the dry canisters as I feel they're easier to clean, usually start on 2, then 3 occasiaonly (but not lately) I'll hit 4, but notice when I use the canisters on 3, cleanup is a lot easier, usually brush the over incase a few specks fell but I feel I can probably have 4-6 sessions (using both ovens) before I need to clean it with alcohol wipes q-tips,

I feel I'm pretty anal about cleaning too, unit still looking and working great,

George1151

Try using the cans on 1. It's pretty much the only setting I use for flower. Your first few hits will be light (but tasty) but after that they get nice. Wait 20 or 30 seconds between drags and about a minute after the light stops blinking. ABV is brown not black after session is over. I sometimes bump it to 2 near the end but doesn't make much difference. And yes using the cans makes cleaning everything a lot easier, I don't think I have even tried the screens.

I clean mine after almost every use. The oven tops and silicone piece they sit in get dirty the fastest and are harder to clean if you wait too long. I don't remove them anymore, jsut alcohol swab with qtip and very light amount of iso.

NikeReebok23

Was wondering how long it takes before the herb is fully spent and how evenly everybody's oven works,

Using the convection oven on 3 and 4 today will report back the results
Also have the dry canisters with me as well most likely will use on 3 for taste but was wondering on 4 for making sure all the herb is spent, I prefer the avb pretty much black, I don't mind if it goes over 400f, efficiency and usage is more important,

Was hoping when the v4 comes out (which I will get) I hope we get higher temps for herb and concentrates, as the firefly goes up to 500, I wouldn't mind having
430 (miss it as I had a GPen Pro that went up to 428 and this would make it not just on par, but imo better),
450 (Chance of combustion would like to test with dry herb (how black will the avb or taste with dab)
500 (Make it on Par with Firefly)

I feel the temperature control is pretty accurate on the haze, and imo the GPen AVB will come out a little darker for those who like that (me) as it is of course a higher temp (428), just thinking aloud and was wondering what the news was for the v4 (Please allow higher temps or temp control)

(trying to edit but don't know how to put in the quote)

I also noticed that the v3 seemed to produce a lil more vapor on 2 and 3, again I don't use 1 very much but al the same.

George1151

The temp setting on 1 was the big deal when they released the V2.5 and V3. It used to be flowers were vaped on 3 and 4 and 1 was pretty much only for ejuice.

Scott pushed for a usable flower temp on setting 1 and that was provided with the later versions.

Interested to hear the temp settings most people vape flower on. Personally not crazy about black ABV, looks burnt to me which is the whole point of vaping to avoid burn.

Through water I think people use higher temps. Waiting for my first water piece (D020-D) so can't really comment from personal experience on that front.

Was at a soccer game yesterday and vaped a bowl by myself right in the stands (wasn't too crowded).

Philreal187

@NikeReebok23
I like to pack my screens and cans full with a light finger tamp. If its just me using the haze I spend most of my session on temp one before climbing through the settings. I do tend to finish up on setting four to get all I can from the session. I find if my oven is full I will get a very consistent and even dark brown almost black abv. With that said once I'm towards the end of setting three and move to four the flavor isn't very great, I don't mind but when sharing I have heard complaints.

I have tried a few sessions with a bit less herb and don't get as even results the middle is lighter than the edges.

I don't own any other vape that can get my abv as dark and even without stirring or risk of combustion. My vapman can come close with careful torch technique but a second too long it could be bad..

I personally love the four heat settings
and would not want anymore heat on setting four. I had the version 2.5 and think the v3 is much better with temperatures and almost perfect honestly.

If the v4 happens it is a good ways out since haze technology is master minding the haze square right now. If they decide a haze dual v4 will happen it will be after the square is out in the wild.

woolspinner

@NikeReebok23
I like to pack my screens and cans full with a light finger tamp.

I personally love the four heat settings
and would not want anymore heat on setting four. I had the version 2.5 and think the v3 is much better with temperatures and almost perfect honestly.

If the v4 happens it is a good ways out since haze technology is master minding the haze square right now. If they decide a haze dual v4 will happen it will be after the square is out in the wild.

I echo most of your points!

I vape flower mainly on 1. I tend to pack lightly a can no less than 2/3-3/4 full. I love the temps as/is.

I will take a few hits off one can, using the "pull the battery" trick on the last pull, then come back to it later. Sometimes I will use 2 for the 2nd session.

I use 3 when I need to emphasize the sleepies, rarely 4 unless I am trying to leach out the last drops of actives.

I sometimes, but not often vape concentrates, which I think I almost always start on 4.

BTW: @scottg402 very good outer shell! It fell out of my pocket and about 30-36 inches to pavement. Battery compartment popped open, but works fine and no visible damage. I was so worried!

rshetts

Im like most it seems, I start on one for a few hits. Kick it up to two for most of it and if Im still wanting to hit it some more I finish on three. If Im good after my two setting session, Ill pull the battery and then finish it on three later. I generally only use four if I want to milk the last of it out and almost always thats right before bed. I do concentrates usually sandwich style with a very small amount. I start on three, which hits the flower good with just a hint of the concentrate and then I finish on four and the concentrate takes over, since the flower has been used pretty good by then.

Oh and Happy Labor Day, everybody! Have a great long weekend!

Top Bottom