Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Flappy

Hey guys, this one really interests me and'm looking for a reason to work it into my lineup.

For portable I've been using a Pax2 and been happy, what are the benefits I'd find besides the obvious dual ovens?

I tried searching but not sure I reached a conclusion on draw resistance. It at least has to be as good (using that freely lol) as my existing unit?

I tend to go all in when I try something to give it a fair chance and representation of its abilities, and don't need to supply any more friends with unwanted kits!

It's easy to see this has a very loyal following and really appreciate @scottg402 's participation!

My VAS needs to be fed, help me do it with a clear conscious. :tup:

Last edited:

scottg402

I could answer this for you but I am really interested on what everyone else says. Let me know if you have any customers after that @Flappy. I will be happy to help you!

scottg402,

Flappy

Taste isn't the best but it gets me through a day or so. You can see how much I "re-vaped" in the "way after" pic.

Before, After, Way after:p
olpxmG7.jpg

supposedly from some medical research, scientists used even high temps and still eliminated toxins.[1]

[1]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/
"Thirty-six to 61% of THC present in cannabis was found in the vapor using the Volcano Medic®vaporizer at 226°C. Only 3 non-cannabinoids were found in the vapor. In contrast, about 150 chemicals were identified in the smoke of combusted cannabis, among them 5 PAHs, known as strong carcinogens"...

" The temperature-dependent delivery of THC into the vapor was demonstrated by Pomahacova and colleagues, who found the highest yield of THC and the optimum ratio of cannabinoids-to-harmful by-products at 230°C"...

"The temperature was set at 210°C for all electrically-driven vaporizers. The temperature of Vape-or-Smoke™could not be controlled or monitored. "...

"The electrically-driven devices, enabling a precise control of the temperature, showed an almost complete decarboxylation of the acidic cannabinoids THCA-A and CBDA and good to excellent recoveries of the neutral cannabinoids THC and CBD in the vapor. Indications of combustion of cannabis, e.g. ash left in the sample compartment and visible smoke, was only found in the case of the gas-powered Vape-or-Smoke™...

"In summary, the 4 electrically-driven and temperature-controlled vaporizers investigated in this study efficiently decarboxylate acidic cannabinoids and release reliably the corresponding neutral cannabinoids into the vapor."

Also, I found a new cleaning method. I hope it's safe!?

alc_ccp_master_Beige_01_rgb5.png

Jir9L3L.jpg

aubHV6L.jpg

Very interesting reading!

And for the cleaning, I'm no scientist, but after leaving my contacts in there for a minimum of 8 hours, I put 'em back in my eyes! It's just hydrogen peroxide and something on the disk it reacts with it that neutralizes it, it's safe to drink after, but I don't.

Philreal187

@Flappy Welcome to FC!

I can give you my opinion that sold me the haze.

First was the convenience of pre packing for the go. Not only can you have two bowls in place ready when you are, but you can also load up as many cans as you might need and bring them along for quick and stealthy reload. I find this great for long car rides, concerts, hikes, disc golf/ reg golf, and most vacation needs. (if not flying)

Second was the user replaceable battery. When I was looking for my next portable to replace the pinnacle pro it was a must that I could swap out batteries. I have four in rotation and it is plenty for my needs.

Third is the stealth of the unit. For me being on the east coast especially in PA its import to not stand out when using in public places. The Haze really doesn't draw any attention just seems like another e cig mod. I have used the haze while at the Pittsburgh arts festival walking around with in 5 feet of cops and not one batted an eye or sniffed the smell. I also have been know to be sitting outside on the porches at my favorite local watering holes with a Haze right on the table. Once even had the server take our order while the haze was on setting 2 in the middle of the table waiting to be passed to a friend.

Fourth and final reason for me was the ten year warranty and customer service. I'm pretty sure pax has ten years too, but as far as I'm concerned they don't have a Scott G on hand and that is something worth its weight in gold. As you may already know continued updated versions really shows Haze takes pride in putting out only the best, when something isn't working out they get to work and make the changes necessary to fine tune this vape. Lets not forget the most important the upgrade program!! This really sets this company miles apart from any competition. For about a third of the cost of the unit you can get brand new one and donate you old one to a medical patient in need. What more can I say besides Haze is a company that really cares!

:peace:

George1151

@Flappy in addition to what others have said of Pax2 vs Haze I am pretty sure the draw is a lot less restricted with the Haze. It certainly is much less restricted than the Pax original. And the mouthpiece does not get hot at all. Stealth wise I would give Pax2 a big edge but I have used my Haze in a lot of public places and have not drawn attention. It could be possible that the vapor smells less in the Haze vs Pax but not 100% sure about that.

I have a nice desktop which I never use anymore after getting the Haze. If there were a lot of people over to share then for sure I would use the desktop but all other times it is Haze exclusively. The Gr8tr jar works really nice with the Haze. More fluff = less flower needed. That might be a myth but seems to be the case for me.

Also with the original Pax it needed to be stirred to get the most out of flower, with the Haze I never need to stir.

Put me on the payroll Scott!!!!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Also with the original Pax it needed to be stirred to get the most out of flower, with the Haze I never need to stir.

The not stirring part is indeed awesome. I forget how well the Haze gets thru the material without even grinding it. I place whole buds in there when I am out on festivals and it always a very even residu after vaping.

Flappy

I think it's the draw resistance that put it over the edge, I think I gotta have one :rockon:

Soooo, now the fun part, accessories. What are you guys using? I'll be using it with dry, tinctures and maybe wax, what do I all want? For the dry, how do the two screens differ in results? I can't figure out how the screens differ that much other than the fineness (real word? )

It looks like the concentrate cans and pads for tinctures correct?

Time to catch up on this thread!

Hey Scott, two things....., a more descriptive list if the uses and intentions for each of the accessories would be great (unless I'm missing it because of the mobile site? ), I'm thinking like the Cloud Evo site does to explain their different glass. Second, do us FC'ers get a discount?

rshetts

I can tell you that the most important accessories in my opinion are an extra set of batteries ( go with the XLs) and extra bowls and lids. I have a total of 4 batteries and 8 bowls. The convenience factor of those items is fantastic. I really like the keychain bowl case they have. It does a great job of holding and containing extra bowls, a mouthpiece and cleaning brush. I havent tried the new glass available for the Haze but thats because I bought a Magic Flight Box Orbiter, which works perfectly with the V3 without ant alterations or additional parts. The cleaning kit is nice but not necessary, you can set your self up with a decent cleaning kit quite easily. Also, if your going to travel with it then look into getting a carrying case. There good ones through Haze but I got mine off Amazon when they had RYOT Bags on sale. I got a medium sized back that works great. Last but not least, while the Haze charger is fine I got a nice after market charger thats got a few more features. Its not a necessity but its also nice to have as it can charge all the batteries at once and has excellent overcharge protection.

Philreal187

I completely agree @rshetts the xl batteries are almost a must have for frequent users. If pre packing is something you plan I would say anywhere from 4 to 8 cans with appropriate lids for your product of choice. I believe I have 6 cans and that does the trick for me.

To add to that great list rshetts provided, I also like a few third party accessories that I find handy as well. The 3d printed stand with compartments to hold all the accessories from @Ratchett has been a life saver on keeping me organized. He also offers a smaller solution to the key chain that haze has, its holds 5 cans and one stem verses 8 cans and two stems. I use both the haze key chain and ratchets 3d can holder depending how my day is mapped out. And if your really into options I almost exclusively use a wood stem that @Ed's TnT makes. For some reason I prefer sucking on wood :rolleyes: Haha but in all reality there is a certain signature that wood adds to vapor that I find enjoyable.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and finds an adventure worth bringing the haze along! I'm going to head out and get some kayaking in with my girl so unfortunately the haze stays in the car, until we have a water proof solutions:science:

:peace:

scottg402

I think it's the draw resistance that put it over the edge, I think I gotta have one :rockon:

Soooo, now the fun part, accessories. What are you guys using? I'll be using it with dry, tinctures and maybe wax, what do I all want? For the dry, how do the two screens differ in results? I can't figure out how the screens differ that much other than the fineness (real word? )

It looks like the concentrate cans and pads for tinctures correct?

Time to catch up on this thread!

Hey Scott, two things....., a more descriptive list if the uses and intentions for each of the accessories would be great (unless I'm missing it because of the mobile site? ), I'm thinking like the Cloud Evo site does to explain their different glass. Second, do us FC'ers get a discount?
Hi Flappy. Sorry for the delay. Looks like the Haze family is stepping up once again! I don't know what it looks like on mobile but I thought our descriptions were pretty solid. Let me know if you have feedback in that department.

Regarding the discount....we take care of people. Send me a PM on what you are looking for and where it's shipping and we will figure something out for you. Thanks again for your interest!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi Flappy. Sorry for the delay. Looks like the Haze family is stepping up once again! I don't know what it looks like on mobile but I thought our descriptions were pretty solid. Let me know if you have feedback in that department.

Regarding the discount....we take care of people. Send me a PM on what you are looking for and where it's shipping and we will figure something out for you. Thanks again for your interest!
?
For those of you who have a HAZE?

ataxian,

Majordude2626

On a road trip with haze and ff2. Using the ff2 for extreme stealth, but was super happy to get a location for hazing. It is just so fuckin chill to kick back, sip brew and haze. Watch some Olympics. This fits the hand so comfortably and after exclusively using ff2 for several days, was just pure joy hazing. Shout out to scott and haze crew. Totally stoked on your company, I would say for someone who is getting the 1st vape the haze is the way to go.

1st of all its rock solid and has solid company behind it, boasting a 10 year warranty and upgrade plans.
2nd it is a jack of all trades, and can really help you figure out what type of vaping you best enjoy
3rd dual ovens, c'mon get outta here, nobody else is doing this
4th tons of accessories
5th fast easy cleaining
6th smooth vapor with ss mouthpiece
7th can do concentrates but I have not so I cannot fully attest to how great it is.

I'm well medicated and am in no way affiliated with haze company, just a happy customer.

George1151

I am thinking about getting this piece for my haze,http://dankstop.com/glass-water-pipes/dankstop-stemline-to-mushroom-perc-water-pipe/ does anyone know if this will be too big to be used effectively with the Haze?

Thanks!

For that kind of coin, nice as it is I would get one of the 2 Haze specific water tools that Haze offers

On a road trip with haze and ff2. Using the ff2 for extreme stealth, but was super happy to get a location for hazing. It is just so fuckin chill to kick back, sip brew and haze. Watch some Olympics. This fits the hand so comfortably and after exclusively using ff2 for several days, was just pure joy hazing. Shout out to scott and haze crew. Totally stoked on your company, I would say for someone who is getting the 1st vape the haze is the way to go.

1st of all its rock solid and has solid company behind it, boasting a 10 year warranty and upgrade plans.
2nd it is a jack of all trades, and can really help you figure out what type of vaping you best enjoy
3rd dual ovens, c'mon get outta here, nobody else is doing this
4th tons of accessories
5th fast easy cleaining
6th smooth vapor with ss mouthpiece
7th can do concentrates but I have not so I cannot fully attest to how great it is.

I'm well medicated and am in no way affiliated with haze company, just a happy customer.

The more I use my Haze the more I appreciate how amazing it is. I use it in some pretty public places and no one even gives me a 2nd look. At the beginning I was a little worried about the stealth aspect of it but not any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

rez125

For that kind of coin, nice as it is I would get one of the 2 Haze specific water tools that Haze offers

The more I use my Haze the more I appreciate how amazing it is. I use it in some pretty public places and no one even gives me a 2nd look. At the beginning I was a little worried about the stealth aspect of it but not any more.

I really want to get the Haze specific bubbler but 160 just seems overpriced for a piece that size. It is so tempting though...

rez125,

scottg402

I really want to get the Haze specific bubbler but 160 just seems overpriced for a piece that size. It is so tempting though...
I dont think there is really supposed to be a lot of price talk on the threads so mods please delete if you please.....

Otherwise, I'll say this. You have to consider and appreciate the amount of time that goes into these pieces. When I spoke to the glass guy and I told him what we were charging, he was kinda surprised we were not asking more. I told him we wanted to keep the price as low as possible.

Just curious in your mind what would be a fair range?

ZC

@scottg402

I'm sorry but that sounds like BS to me. The rules have zero wording about price discussion.

Gaging the price of units or glass is a valuable part of discussion. This is a review forum and reviews are not complete without taking price into consideration.

That all said $160 is a pretty fair price for a custom recycler perfectly made for your vape. Especially considering it's US glass. I'd be pretty surprised if the price was much lower.

And it's not like you can't just buy a haze Gong and use any cheaper water piece if price is all you care about.

rez125

I dont think there is really supposed to be a lot of price talk on the threads so mods please delete if you please.....

Otherwise, I'll say this. You have to consider and appreciate the amount of time that goes into these pieces. When I spoke to the glass guy and I told him what we were charging, he was kinda surprised we were not asking more. I told him we wanted to keep the price as low as possible.

I believe a fair range would be 100-130, that being said I am by no means an expert nor do I produce or make glass so what I think is fair could be grossly incorrect. My apologies for bringing price into the discussion as it was not my intention to cross any boundaries.

rez125,

herbivore21

Judging from said members last post in this thread, it seems that $125 or so is the price of the other rig they were looking at (http://dankstop.com/glass-water-pipes/dankstop-stemline-to-mushroom-perc-water-pipe/).

IMHO, the purpose made Haze glass you guys offer (especially given that it does not require gong adapters and gives you somewhere to rest the haze unit during use) is better suited than the abovementioned piece which is super percolated and no doubt a flavor remover to some extent - better geared toward smoking than vaping - even if the worked mushroom perc does look pretty!

The dankstop rig is a bigger piece of glass, but the recycler is obviously quite a complex design especially if your recyclers properly vortex etc. The price difference between the two is $35 and if you consider the cost of a GonG is $29.95 and this is needed to connect to the Dankstop rig, the price difference seems negligible IMO :2c:

To get a rig and GonG for the haze at a meaningfully lower price than the purpose made recyclers, I am sure that cheap China glass would need to enter the equation!

rez125

Judging from said members last post in this thread, it seems that $125 or so is the price of the other rig they were looking at (http://dankstop.com/glass-water-pipes/dankstop-stemline-to-mushroom-perc-water-pipe/).

IMHO, the purpose made Haze glass you guys offer (especially given that it does not require gong adapters and gives you somewhere to rest the haze unit during use) is better suited than the abovementioned piece which is super percolated and no doubt a flavor remover to some extent - better geared toward smoking than vaping - even if the worked mushroom perc does look pretty!

The dankstop rig is a bigger piece of glass, but the recycler is obviously quite a complex design especially if your recyclers properly vortex etc. The price difference between the two is $35 and if you consider the cost of a GonG is $29.95 and this is needed to connect to the Dankstop rig, the price difference seems negligible IMO :2c:

To get a rig and GonG for the haze at a meaningfully lower price than the purpose made recyclers, I am sure that cheap China glass would need to enter the equation!

All very valid points, I was only considering that piece and have since decided against it because I think It would be better suited for smoking and not vaping (as you mentioned as well).

Top Bottom