• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

herbivore21

All very valid points, I was only considering that piece and have since decided against it because I think It would be better suited for smoking and not vaping (as you mentioned as well).
Most certainly man, and I can definitely appreciate that the cost of purchasing American glass (especially for the first time) can seem like a hefty outlay of funds - especially for something breakable. Thankfully, I have been fortunate to never have broken a rig yet (fingers crossed!)!

rez125

Most certainly man, and I can definitely appreciate that the cost of purchasing American glass (especially for the first time) can seem like a hefty outlay of funds - especially for something breakable. Thankfully, I have been fortunate to never have broken a rig yet (fingers crossed!)!

Haha Ill knock on wood for you! This will be my first glass piece so i've been over analyzing all my options (so many options!!) thanks for all the advice though its appreciated.

herbivore21

Haha Ill knock on wood for you! This will be my first glass piece so i've been over analyzing all my options (so many options!!) thanks for all the advice though its appreciated.
Oh man, we've all been there! Happy to be able to provide any help on that decision as I was fortunate to benefit from the same advise from others around these parts when I had to make the same decision for the first time :D You'll love vaping through glass. It really takes the experience to another level!

rshetts

I understand the reasons behind the cost of the Haze water tools. Its a specialized device made from american glass. It looks like it does a great job. I would love one myself but being on a fixed income, I just cant justify the expense. That being said, if youre looking for an economic water tool, look at the Magic Flight Box Orbiter. Its at least half the cost of the Haze tools and work with the Haze with no adapters or additional items. It comes with two whips an input whip and an output whip. All you do is insert your stem into the end of the input whip and youre good to go. Its a pretty basic bubbler and not a fancy recycler but it does a good job at half the price.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@scottg402

I'm sorry but that sounds like BS to me. The rules have zero wording about price discussion.

Gaging the price of units or glass is a valuable part of discussion. This is a review forum and reviews are not complete without taking price into consideration.

That all said $160 is a pretty fair price for a custom recycler perfectly made for your vape. Especially considering it's US glass. I'd be pretty surprised if the price was much lower.

And it's not like you can't just buy a haze Gong and use any cheaper water piece if price is all you care about.

Please do not accuse another member of BS, especially when it is a simple mistake rather than actual intent.

ZC

@pakalolo

I'm sorry, that post was way too reactive of me. I saw it as a manufacturer trying to silence a negative comment and it rubbed me the wrong way, but my wording was out of line.

scottg402

@pakalolo

I'm sorry, that post was way too reactive of me. I saw it as a manufacturer trying to silence a negative comment and it rubbed me the wrong way, but my wording was out of line.
I was not trying to silence anyone. I have respect for the rules of FC. I thought they frowned upon price talk but maybe I was wrong about that. If you notice despite this initial thought, I asked what everyone thought was a fair range so I am a little puzzled about how you came to the conclusion I was trying to avoid the subject.

scottg402,

PDwasmy1st

@scottg402
I had this as my favorurite to buy and i read "The inner housing surface of the V3 is made from a new reinforced fibreglass material" i wouldn't want fibreglass anywhere near me when inhaling, why would you use it? why not a metal?

scottg402

@scottg402
I had this as my favorurite to buy and i read "The inner housing surface of the V3 is made from a new reinforced fibreglass material" i wouldn't want fibreglass anywhere near me when inhaling, why would you use it? why not a metal?
The vapor path is all stainless steel. The housing is a hybrid plastic blend. It allows for a higher melting point. There is none of this in the vapor path.

Last edited:

PDwasmy1st

The vapor path is all stainless steel. The plastic housing is a hybrid plastic blend. It allows for a higher melting point. There is none of this in the vapor path.
Thanks for the quick reply, i am wondering is this best for dry herb , as i wouldn't need it for anything else, i can pack both with herb only or is 1 for just wax etc...

herbivore21

@scottg402 what are the batteries used? ie 18650 etc, can i get cheaper versions on ebay and amazon? like you can with other vapes.
Haze batteries use a custom protection circuit cap on their batteries (which are otherwise a specific kind of 18650). For this reason, you need to buy official haze batteries for your haze. Don't use standard 18650s without said protection, this could end badly!

scottg402

Haze batteries use a custom protection circuit cap on their batteries (which are otherwise a specific kind of 18650). For this reason, you need to buy official haze batteries for your haze. Don't use standard 18650s without said protection, this could end badly!
^^^^This exactly. And besides that, the chip makes the batteries a tad longer for regular 18650's won't fit properly.

UnshavenFish

@scottg402 what are the batteries used? ie 18650 etc, can i get cheaper versions on ebay and amazon? like you can with other vapes.

Yep this ^^^, the standard (unprotected) 18650 cells won't fit anyways as they won't be long enough to make contact so you would have to bodge an extension which isn't really practical, also haze are using Panasonic cells (well at least on the xl's, I haven't taken apart the standard ones) which are good known quality.

Edit: lol too slow

scottg402

Yep this ^^^, the standard (unprotected) 18650 cells won't fit anyways as they won't be long enough to make contact so you would have to bodge an extension which isn't really practical, also haze are using Panasonic cells (well at least on the xl's, I haven't taken apart the standard ones) which are good known quality.

Edit: lol too slow
Just gonna start taggin you in all battery questions! LOL Thanks fish!

PDwasmy1st

@scottg402 Will the 2 batteries you get with it be good enough to last years? I'm not sure im into spending more and more money, the haze is already expensive enough, [plus seems I'd need more carts which are expensive etc] & other vapes are using the cheaper batteries which you can pick up for $3 [ie the ecapple] are your batteries far more superior?

PDwasmy1st,

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Like I said, you don't have to spend the extra monies. The Haze Dual comes complete with everything you need. As far as battery performance I do not have a single complaint. All my batteries perform like they are new and I use them all on a regular basis.

PDwasmy1st

Like I said, you don't have to spend the extra monies. The Haze Dual comes complete with everything you need. As far as battery performance I do not have a single complaint. All my batteries perform like they are new and I use them all on a regular basis.
I just am not sold on any sort of heated fibre glass yet, as It's the only 1 I know of that uses that I need to do more reasearch, Granted its obviously solid & not in it's wool form , Is It painted over? I know It's not in the air path, am I just being silly?

PDwasmy1st,

Vaporhead99

@scottg402 Will the 2 batteries you get with it be good enough to last years? I'm not sure im into spending more and more money, the haze is already expensive enough, [plus seems I'd need more carts which are expensive etc] & other vapes are using the cheaper batteries which you can pick up for $3 [ie the ecapple] are your batteries far more superior?

I bought a brand new haze a month or two ago, I have been using it daily for dry herb only and the machine is great.

I did buy extra batteries too but I have barely used them, what comes in the box as standard (2 batteries, 2 cans & 2 screens iirc) is honestly more than enough kit unless you have decided you no longer need oxygen and are just going to inhale vapor all day long :lol:

I will use 1 battery on 2-4 cans depending on how I pack them so having 2 batteries as standard means I have plenty of juice for the day. I re-charge the batteries every night too. I am happy I have extra batteries but they are not really needed imho, what comes as standard is more than enough :tup:

PDwasmy1st

I bought a brand new haze a month or two ago, I have been using it daily for dry herb only and the machine is great.

I did buy extra batteries too but I have barely used them, what comes in the box as standard (2 batteries, 2 cans & 2 screens iirc) is honestly more than enough kit unless you have decided you no longer need oxygen and are just going to inhale vapor all day long :lol:

I will use 1 battery on 2-4 cans depending on how I pack them so having 2 batteries as standard means I have plenty of juice for the day. I re-charge the batteries every night too. I am happy I have extra batteries but they are not really needed imho, what comes as standard is more than enough :tup:
how hot is the vapor? mild, mild to medium, medium, or medium+ [compared to other vapes]

PDwasmy1st,
Top Bottom