Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Didn't know that, i obviously thought this was best way to get info...
Best way is to read more of the thread. All this is answered and I'm pretty sure FC rules actually state you need to do this. It keeps the threads cleaner and stops the same questions from being answered over and over. There is also a search function here where you can put key words and it will pull all the threads with that word. Use this and read at least 20-30 of the most current pages and you will be in good shape on most threads. Can't find it? Then post your questions.

Regarding the batteries....longevity and performance depend on many factors including how many cycles, vaping temps, battery charging habits and ambient conditions just to name a few.

So I cannot answer your question. And beyond that I have said several times here that we can't comment on other batteries mostly because we haven't tested other batteries. We opted for the chip for extra protection. This cost money and we are still a for profit business. The retail cost of items reflects the need to be profitable, to leave room for resellers to also make a profit, to keep the lights on, to pay people like me and everyone else who works there and serves our customers, and to have money to grow and develop new products. We are not unique in that regard.

$3 18650 batteries? I know what wholesale cost is on QUALITY 18650 batteries is and it's more than that so I would never dream of buying those. You are talking about your safety and well being here. Is saving money that important?

Last edited:

scottg402

There was a best of thread of the Haze Dual once, was there not?
There is. I'm not sure how well the best of threads did but we had one. I don't think there was enough participation to focus on keeping them going. Pak nominated probably 90% of ours.

PDwasmy1st

Best way is to read more of the thread. All this is answered and I'm pretty sure FC rules actually state you need to do this. It keeps the threads cleaner and stops the same questions from being answered over and over. There is also a search function here where you can put key words and it will pull all the threads with that word. Use this and read at least 20-30 of the most current pages and you will be in good shape on most threads. Can't find it? Then post your questions.

Regarding the batteries....longevity and performance depend on many factors including how many cycles, vaping temps, battery charging habits and ambient conditions just to name a few.

So I cannot answer your question. And beyond that I have said several times here that we can't comment on other batteries mostly because we haven't tested other batteries. We opted for the chip for extra protection. This cost money and we are still a for profit business. The retail cost of items reflects the need to be profitable, to leave room for resellers to also make a profit, to keep the lights on, to pay people like me and everyone else who works there and serves our customers, and to have money to grow and develop new products. We are not unique in that regard.

$3 18650 batteries? I know what wholesale cost is on QUALITY 18650 batteries is and it's more than that so I would never dream of buying those. You are talking about your safety and well being here. Is saving money that important?
Yes i used to talk to you about this haze 3 quite a while back, read alot back then & before, the thread is way too big to find anything now ! forget about the batteries im over it, it's the fibreglass i don't know if im ok with, is this fine to touch if warm or hot over time etc? or is it just inside?

PDwasmy1st,

scottg402

Yes i used to talk to you about this haze 3 quite a while back, read alot back then & before, the thread is way too big to find anything now ! forget about the batteries im over it, it's the fibreglass i don't know if im ok with, is this fine to touch if warm or hot over time etc? or is it just inside?
I know you have been looking at us for a while. I remember. :) Just wanted to give you some tips on the search function in case you didn't know.

It's not like fiberglass like you are thinking. I am not an engineer so I don't really know the best way to describe it but it's a plastic blend that heat resistant and safe to use for this application.

Last edited:

rez125

The outside gets warm while you use it but not too warm to touch or hold on to. If you have sensitive hands you can simply just hold it on the battery side (doesn't get warm there). The bottom line is the haze is constructed extremely well and comes with some of the best costumer service i've had.

rshetts

People have mentioned searching because to be honest all your recent posts sound like youre trying to convince yourself not to spend the money on a Haze V3.
Ive been using the Haze for around a year and a half now. I have no complaints. Its the best, most versatile portable on the market. The batteries have never failed me and I own 4, so that I never worry about running out of juice. Its not worth trying to save a few bucks by buying aftermarket batteries that may damage the unit. If the battery cost is a concern for you, this is likely not the vape for you.
The unit itself does get a bit warm but its never been an issue for me. If you hold it on the non oven side, there is no excess heat at all. Its only noticable if you hold it on the same side as the ovens. I think youre over reacting on the fiberglass thing. This is not fiberglass insulation, its a composite that encases the unit. It doesnt interfere with the vapor path at all, it just insulates the unit so when youre holding a 400 degree oven in your hand, the excess heat doesnt cause you discomfort, It does that job quite well I might add.
The Haze is a great vape for dry herb, thats probably what its best at. It also does a good job with concentrates if your preferences go that way. Many people like to sandwich a little wax in their herb bowls, that works great as well. Thats one of the major pluses for the Haze, with two ovens and bowls for both dry herb and concentrates, its very versatile.
The Haze is not the least expensive portable on the market but thats because its not cheaply made. Its a very solid build that delivers. When you throw in the best customer service in the industry, on top of all the pluses that the Haze has, its a great deal.
Ill just add that vapes are very subjective and not everyone will like any given vape. Theres always going to be reasons not to buy one and people who just dont like them but if you have looked through the FC Haze page here, you will see most people love their Haze V3. Still in the end, you can not go by what we think. All I can do is give you my opinion of the unit. In the end, you will have to decide for yourself. Buy one or dont, its your money and the choice is on you.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Justed wanted to thank @scottg402 for the customer service and help on my V3... I appreciate the help and fast service and extras by far.

Just a little FYI to owners, it might have been discussed in the thread already but I would recommend cleaning out the air intake every once in a while. I dissected my malfunctioning unit and was surprised to find a large amount herb in the intake. I don't think it was mentioned anywhere so I would recommend a computer duster to blow out the intake out through the chambers. I'll probably be using more cans in order to avoid this in the future instead of screens. Just my 2 cents.

Just so happy to have a V3 working again! :D

1st post on FC !

I was looking for a 1st portable vaporizer after I tried the Crafty in a store in Amsterdam and got blown away by the taste/feel of the vapes of my herb. So fuckin different than my usual spliff, so tasty with a nice and pleasant effect and still the feeling I was inhaling something that is close to smoke ... which is very important to me. Thing was some kind of revelation for a dude like me who'd like to get rid of the tobbaco he is putting in his joints for more than a decade, really !

So I've said to my girlfriend ''I need one of those !!!'' and went on a quest to find what would be the best portable vape that suit my needs. At first I was really thinking the Crafty would make it since I was stoked after trying that unit and read a lot of positive reviews that were highlighting its vapor quality. But then I stumbled upon so many unhappy users comments with failing units and customer support hassle that I decided to look away and thought I would get a Boundless CFX for a while ... but that was before I heard of the Haze and read the 200 pages of this thread !

Now I know it's the one I need. The rechargeable and swappable batteries, the cans, the way it's built, the 10 year warranty and vape quality made me a believer ... so I've just ordered a midnight blue Haze v3 at namastevapes.co.uk and am supposed to have it delivered on Tuesday ... CAN'T WAIT !!!

I will use this vape to try to quit tobbaco once and for all and vape weed only. I truly hope I did bet on the right horse when it comes to vapor quality/quantity (I really need an efficient substitute to nicotine and smoke) and will use CBD rich strains as it seems they'll ease the withdrawal of drug addiction.

Will of course share my first impressions as soon as I put my hands on the device and will hopefully come back here with good news some time later ...

PEACE
Ganja Dada

bigdaddycurtis

I too want to thank Scottg402 for taking care of my problem and the no hassle customer service is second to none. While my haze3 was off to haze technologies,I used my firefly and even though it's ole faithful,it's no comparison to the haze3. The fine tuning in temps, the smaller size,the versatility and the quality construction,is why I'm a customer for life. I will say to newer users,it's key you clean the haze for maximum awesomeness. I favor the cans over the screens for flavor which is important to me plus it makes keeping the haze cleaner. Enjoy the rest of the weekend my friends. :rockon::D:leaf:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I am impressed with the loyalty, happiness here. To me, that is a huge tell on vape quality. I will take @bigdaddycurtis 's advice and keep clean. My H3 will most likely arrive Tuesday, and I'm going to give it a real chance to break into the rotation.

I hope to love this vape, and I get a good vibe from Haze users here. Any tips for a Haze noon would be greatly appreciated but not expected, as I'm sure it's all in this thread. I'm actually glad I have a couple of days...

rshetts

I am impressed with the loyalty, happiness here. To me, that is a huge tell on vape quality. I will take @bigdaddycurtis 's advice and keep clean. My H3 will most likely arrive Tuesday, and I'm going to give it a real chance to break into the rotation.

I hope to love this vape, and I get a good vibe from Haze users here. Any tips for a Haze noon would be greatly appreciated but not expected, as I'm sure it's all in this thread. I'm actually glad I have a couple of days...

I agree on that point, keeping your Haze clean really improves the way it vapes, especially when it comes to the taste aspect. There are some great videos on the Haze site that cover subjects like proper cleaning. Its worth checking out.

edited to add link to cleaning video:

The cleaning video uses the Haze Cleaning kit but the kit, while nice, is not necessary. If you have the cash for the cleaning kit, go for it. For me, instead of using the Haze cleaning solution, I use PBW (powdered brewery wash). Its designed for cleaning these kinds of things and works quite well. Its especially good for cleaning plastics and works fantastic on glass. I highly recommend it for cleaning water tools.

Last edited:

scottg402

@Bravesst and @Ganja Dada give it a good wipe down with iso up front as well. No burnoff or you might damage the unit. You may get a bit of new taste for the first couple sessions but it will go away and wiping it down the stainless parts will help a lot. Welcome to the family! And thanks to the loyal here giving their two cents to help out. Good suggestions by them!

Archaicrevival

The haze is a good luck charm, it brought me mystery golden herbs from far...
6WpFMCi.jpg

@Bravesst and @Ganja Dada give it a good wipe down with iso up front as well. No burnoff or you might damage the unit. You may get a bit of new taste for the first couple sessions but it will go away and wiping it down the stainless parts will help a lot. Welcome to the family! And thanks to the loyal here giving their two cents to help out. Good suggestions by them!
Thanks Scott and all !

That was the plan indeed ;) Will also try the coconut milk bath that was advised somewhere in this thread for the silicone parts (I hijacked the straightner of my beloved one and rosin is already waiting).

I can say I'm not the only one impatiently waiting for the Haze to be delivered here, got a couple of smokers buddies who are interested about what will happen to me and my spliffs once its good vapor hits my lungs !

This shall be my mission: quit my dirty stinkig habit and show them the way to the closest vape store :tup:

PEACE
Ganja Dada

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That is what I'm loving about your product... It was FC approved. And tx for warm welcome and good advice (already!).

George1151

Since day 1 the only way I have vaped herbs is using the cans. Never even tried the screens. After removing the silicon holder for the top oven and removing the metal pieces, soaking in coconut milk etc, iso soak of the steel oven caps wash dry reinstall I found it a bit cumbersome and the silicon piece can be hard to get back on with the oven caps fitting perfectly.

Now I just use a qtip with a small amount of iso on it and clean the caps while they are attached to the silicon and give a light wipe around the silicon at the same time. I do this every 2nd or 3rd session and have found no need remove anything from the top part of the oven. Seems to be working perfectly and quite a bit easier. Using the cans the ovens themselves look brand new.

herbivore21

Thanks Scott and all !

That was the plan indeed ;) Will also try the coconut milk bath that was advised somewhere in this thread for the silicone parts (I hijacked the straightner of my beloved one and rosin is already waiting).

I can say I'm not the only one impatiently waiting for the Haze to be delivered here, got a couple of smokers buddies who are interested about what will happen to me and my spliffs once its good vapor hits my lungs !

This shall be my mission: quit my dirty stinkig habit and show them the way to the closest vape store :tup:

PEACE
Ganja Dada
Great stuff! You'll find the Haze V3 a great replacement for your joints. I have loved mine for a long time now for the same reason. I own some comparatively very expensive vaporizers and still would not get rid of the haze. It is pocketable, it gives nice sippy joint style puffs and it has 2 bowls with user replaceable batteries! Definitely enough to keep one going while out and about!

If you are looking to replace joints - load a dry herb can quite full (I do tamp them down a bit, more clouds that way!) try starting out on temp 3, if that is not enough for you, jump up to temp 4. 4 will finish your bowls pretty quick and give bigger rips. You might find that 4 is a bit hot and harsh. I do sometimes, but other times it is very enjoyable! For reference, I never use my haze with glass, only ever direct draw (this is the only vape I use this way lol).

Great stuff! You'll find the Haze V3 a great replacement for your joints. I have loved mine for a long time now for the same reason. I own some comparatively very expensive vaporizers and still would not get rid of the haze. It is pocketable, it gives nice sippy joint style puffs and it has 2 bowls with user replaceable batteries! Definitely enough to keep one going while out and about!

If you are looking to replace joints - load a dry herb can quite full (I do tamp them down a bit, more clouds that way!) try starting out on temp 3, if that is not enough for you, jump up to temp 4. 4 will finish your bowls pretty quick and give bigger rips. You might find that 4 is a bit hot and harsh. I do sometimes, but other times it is very enjoyable! For reference, I never use my haze with glass, only ever direct draw (this is the only vape I use this way lol).
Wow thanks for the tips and the feedback ! That's encouraging to see you still love your haze after long time use and were able to fuck combustion with it !

I will for sure play with the temps and try to find my sweet spot but it's good to know a tightly packed can will increase the clouds thickness.

Very inspiring :tup:

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I fucked combustion with the Haze Dual as well. 18 year joint smoker 20 year tobacco smoker. Fucked it since beginning of this year. The Haze Dual certainly was a great help. May the force be with you on this one. It's hard but the reward in the end is amazing. My love for cannabis has grown to new levels.

I don't know if you smoke tobacco or if want to quit it but stick to it, although it will be tough, the rewards are there at the end.

And make your choice of fucking combustion by your self. Don't let it be dependant of your buddies. Mine all smoke joints and they will for a long time but nowadays I just graciously decline a joint when it's passed to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom