Discontinued Haze Dual V3

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
He already said he got very dark abv, I don't think starting at temp setting 3 will do him much good. I'd recommend starting at temp 1. The v3 already produces nice vapor at the lowest setting.

Temp wasn't really the advise, packing more high quality herb in a little tighter would be the solution at any temp. If the ABV is brown then the THC is vaporizing somewhere right? Must not be enough THC in the can ;) a lot of Conduction vapes get wispy with light, un-packed loads in my experience.

I got 20 hits off of my last can, something just doesn't seem right about 5-7 hits and it's done?

mrbonsai420,

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Temp wasn't really the advise, packing more high quality herb in a little tighter would be the solution at any temp. If the ABV is brown then the THC is vaporizing somewhere right? Must not be enough THC in the can ;) a lot of Conduction vapes get wispy with light, un-packed loads in my experience.

I got 20 hits off of my last can, something just doesn't seem right about 5-7 hits and it's done?

Cool, didn't look at it that way. I have zero experience with vaporizers besides the dual. So I thought the amount of weed and the amount of draws were more linear. Only 5 just seems a little bit on the low side, even if I pack a can only half full I got more than five.

Last edited:
Drexciya,

woolspinner

If indoors IMO the best thing to do would be grind up a bunch of herb and put it in a small bowl/dish then just use the can/screen as a scoop then drop it in the haze, this way your not trying to pour herb into a small area and could probably do it with your eyes shut.

Personally I have an assortment of glass/plastic tubes that I fill then use that to tip/pour it into whatever vape I'm using.

Brilliant. I was going to suggest herb into fold of paper and tip, but your way is better. If holding the can is issue, could get Keychain attachment and use it to hold can while you fill. Scooping seems like a better solution in general. May be DIY can do with paperclip to make a holder to scoop? Typing on phone in short break, sorry for bad grammar, trying to be fast

woolspinner,

Drexciya

Brilliant. I was going to suggest herb into fold of paper and tip, but your way is better. If holding the can is issue, could get Keychain attachment and use it to hold can while you fill. Scooping seems like a better solution in general. May be DIY can do with paperclip to make a holder to scoop? Typing on phone in short break, sorry for bad grammar, trying to be fast

The keychain might actually be a good alternative. I think the convection screens should work best as there is no fiddling around with the lids. put them all in the keychain, and just 'pour' the material in. There will be spoilage here and there so it is important to do it on a clean surface so you can gather the spoilage and repeat the process. I can see that work. You'd still have to put the screen from the keychain into the dual, that might be tricky.

dantheman420

What's the longest anyone has had an order processing for before it shipped? My order from Friday morning is still processing and my hopes of being able to store the glass mouthpiece inside the unit before ganjacon on Sunday are diminishing.

I think haze' website security certificate expired also, I'm getting a lot of errors when attempting to access the site.

As far as OSD420's issue, it seems really unlikely that the material could be so dry and poor quality that even a half packed can would turn to near black abv on the lowest setting in just 5 draws. It also doesn't explain OSD420's unit being hot to the touch on the lowest heat setting.

I guess maybe with the correct material the Haze could possibly create black abv on heat 1, but seems really unlikely. With the material I'm using more is definitely not better. An overpacked can tends to waste my material. Packing it about 2/3rds full with a light tamping down seems perfect.

dantheman420,

woolspinner

The keychain might actually be a good alternative. I think the convection screens should work best as there is no fiddling around with the lids. put them all in the keychain, and just 'pour' the material in. There will be spoilage here and there so it is important to do it on a clean surface so you can gather the spoilage and repeat the process. I can see that work. You'd still have to put the screen from the keychain into the dual, that might be tricky.

I sometimes use the tweezer tool to grab cans and screens.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What's the longest anyone has had an order processing for before it shipped? My order from Friday morning is still processing and my hopes of being able to store the glass mouthpiece inside the unit before ganjacon on Sunday are diminishing.

I think haze' website security certificate expired also, I'm getting a lot of errors when attempting to access the site.

As far as OSD420's issue, it seems really unlikely that the material could be so dry and poor quality that even a half packed can would turn to near black abv on the lowest setting in just 5 draws. It also doesn't explain OSD420's unit being hot to the touch on the lowest heat setting.

I guess maybe with the correct material the Haze could possibly create black abv on heat 1, but seems really unlikely. With the material I'm using more is definitely not better. An overpacked can tends to waste my material. Packing it about 2/3rds full with a light tamping down seems perfect.

I think mine took 4 days total to arrive last time. Hopefully they already shipped it and it's just not updated?

And yeah, his must just be overheating. Mine can create very,very dark ABV on 3 but not black on setting 1 in 5 hits. Must be a faulty unit. I just purchased one for my friend for Christmas and noticed when he loaded it I didn't get very good hits out of his? So I go to reload it and saw that he had a sorry little sprinkling of weed in the screen lol. I said no wonder the hits are wispy cheap ass, fill it up it's not a pinch hitter:lol:! But yeah, 3/4 of the way, lightly tamped works best for me as well. But people trying to put 2 pinch hits in and trying to just get 2 hits out of the haze might be disappointed but it is pretty efficient if packed with a good bowl.

dantheman420

I think mine took 4 days total to arrive last time. Hopefully they already shipped it and it's just not updated?

And yeah, his must just be overheating. Mine can create very,very dark ABV on 3 but not black on setting 1 in 5 hits. Must be a faulty unit. I just purchased one for my friend for Christmas and noticed when he loaded it I didn't get very good hits out of his? So I go to reload it and saw that he had a sorry little sprinkling of weed in the screen lol. I said no wonder the hits are wispy cheap ass, fill it up it's not a pinch hitter:lol:! But yeah, 3/4 of the way, lightly tamped works best for me as well. But people trying to put 2 pinch hits in and trying to just get 2 hits out of the haze might be disappointed but it is pretty efficient if packed with a good bowl.

Yeah hopefully it shipped and just didn't update. My last two orders completed processing within hours of placing the order, but this order is a little different since Scott was throwing in a new glass mouthpiece because the one that came with my unit doesn't fit all the way in the unit; meaning I must remove the mouthpiece to turn the unit off and then store the mouthpiece outside the unit.

That's funny that you were wondering why the hits were so weak then realized your friend hardly packed anything. At least you were there to teach him how to do it right:)

The Haze can handle a small amount of material much better than my Pax 2, but you are definitely correct too little material will give poor results. Too much material gives poor results too, there's definitely a learning curve to every vaporizer. And just when I thought I had packing the Haze down to a science I got a material of different consistency and over packed it:doh: First session was kinda meh, so I packed a little less for session 2 and it was kicking my butt:rockon:

Sometimes I just tap it down a little harder than usual on accident also. For that perfect experience you definitely have to consider the density, moisture content, and how finely ground the material is. Then pack it firm but not tight, the air resistance is low with the haze. It takes practice, I haven't perfected it yet; but I'm getting close enough:ko:

woolspinner

Agree on packing 3/4 full with light tamping. Do not need to pack like you pack brown sugar in the measuring cup for cookies, just press with finger or the end of tweezer tool.

I am a lightweight and if I finish the whole bowl I would be fried, so I do about 5 half breath hits (take hit with half lung capacity, then finish breath with regular air) and on 6th hit, pop battery out, take longer hit to cool chamber before closing up. Put battery back in, open oven lid to aid cooling. Then I can get 6 more hits in the afternoon on level 2. ABV is light brown. I could probably get more, especially if I up temp to 3, but I am fortunate in not having to be too frugal with supply, so I dump it at that point*. In my case, I am using the Haze before and after school, so that is my routine - 1 can a day.

ETA * dump as in save for baking!

dantheman420

Thank you for sorting that out Scott.

Nice bundle on sale.

Will the leather case be back in stock outside of the bundles anytime soon?

That leather case looks perfect for a long day or weekend. I'm currently using a case from a portable hard drive, it works great for just the unit, but doesn't hold all the accessories so nice like the official haze leather case.

Any info on when it might be in stock is appreciated. Any fc members who have the case and would like to comment about it, I'd love any info. Anybody recommend any other cases?

scottg402

Hi Dan, No problem.

Leather cases are expected to be here on Friday or Monday. We have a ton coming in so we should be good for a long while!

I have one and it's great in my opinion. It does hold everything you need and then some so it is great for the weekend and such. If you want something smaller there are other options. I have a two cases actually. The leather catch all and a small one that really only holds the unit for quick trips out. I use them both but mostly just take the "have all you need"case!

vctr

Bugger, I wanted that leather case, but I don't really want to pay the shipping for just the case. I guess I'll wait a while and order something with it.

vctr,

GameEnders

Hey folks, just wanted to dump this on the thread. We are having a 4/20 promo and here it is. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Also first 10 orders get a T-Shirt as well.

@dantheman420 I am checking into your order. It is really weird that this has not updated. I will respond to you in PM.

Hi Scott,

Will there be a sale on screens/batteries/accessories as well for 420? Or are you guys only doing discounts on the starter kit?

Drexciya

What is the way to go if the airpath isn't rotating anymore? Mine got stuck unfortunately. Now I can't get good vapor anymore and the haze thinks I am not drawing anymore and switches off.

When I switch the haze from one chamber to the other I can see on the top that it is turning. But when I look thru the holes inside the chambers I can see that it is stuck

Last edited:

Vapo

Hi @Drexciya, it looks like something has gone wrong internally with your Haze unfortunately.
I think it got to much build up, if you don't get a dry cotton bud when it's very hot strait after a session. I recommend a dry scrub of the air path, at least every 20 reloads. This keeps the unit running smooth.

(I reuse the reclaimed residue strait of the cotton, in the oil can, and it's very tasty, and potent)

Otherwise the Haze, and any other Vaporizer's that need cleaning will build up with vapor residue and begin to run into problems.

The other alternative is to use a ISO dipped cotton bud. However, this can push residue into the unit as well creating a sticky mess inside the unit, so I prefer the dry method.

It sounds to me like you broke a piece of the mechanism, and the Haze needs to go back to the good people @ Haze for service.
When the build up gets to a point when you can not move the lever easily, there's to much crap inside the unit, and it's time to open it and clean the unit if your handy, (which will possibly void your warranty) or maybe send it back to an authorized service centre, for service.
Or PM @scottg402

I hope this helps

Last edited:

scottg402

What is the way to go if the airpath isn't rotating anymore? Mine got stuck unfortunately. Now I can't get good vapor anymore and the haze thinks I am not drawing anymore and switches off.

When I switch the haze from one chamber to the other I can see on the top that it is turning. But when I look thru the holes inside the chambers I can see that it is stuck
Sending you a pm.

Drexciya

Hi @Drexciya, it looks like something has gone wrong internally with your Haze unfortunately.
I think it got to much build up, if you don't get a dry cotton bud when it's very hot strait after a session. I recommend a dry scrub of the air path, at least every 20 reloads. This keeps the unit running smooth.

(I reuse the reclaimed residue strait of the cotton, in the oil can, and it's very tasty, and potent)

Otherwise the Haze, and any other Vaporizer's that need cleaning will build up with vapor residue and begin to run into problems.

The other alternative is to use a ISO dipped cotton bud. However, this can push residue into the unit as well creating a sticky mess inside the unit, so I prefer the dry method.

It sounds to me like you broke a piece of the mechanism, and the Haze needs to go back to the good people @ Haze for service.
When the build up gets to a point when you can not move the lever easily, there's to much crap inside the unit, and it's time to open it and clean the unit if your handy, (which will possibly void your warranty) or maybe send it back to an authorized service centre, for service.
Or PM @scottg402

I hope this helps

Of course @scottg402 was quick to send me a PM directly instead of waiting for me to do so.

Thanx for the cleaning tips. I have been cleaning it rather systematically though. Maybe not after every session of flower but it at least every four maybe six. I did it with an ISO dipped cotton bud though, so maybe that is where the problem lies. I did clean it until the cotton bud came out almost clean though. Maybe I shoulve opened the device like you said.

I am glad I have two units so I have some backup.

OSD420

Hi guys...thanks for your help trouble shooting problems with my new Haze...I sent it back to scottg402...was paranoid about sending it through the mail so took an extra day to clean it really well , ziplok bagged it and packed it 2 day priority mail. Was hoping to have an exchange by this weekend but they were swamped with their sale I guess as it wont go out till next week....hoping to have it back soon...kinda sucks going back to my Alfa after looking forward to the Haze for so long.....oh well, at least I dont know what I'm missing since it didnt work right from the start...lol.

Drexciya

It's a bummer that you started with a faulty device but I'm sure you'll get a working one this time. I hope you'll have it back soon so you can enjoy it the way it should be enjoyed.

Vapo

Looking back at what I said about opening the unit, I would like to take a step back and strongly urge people not to open the unit.

The unit is very complex, and simply taking it apart, or putting it back together wrong, can damage the sensitve surface mount temperature selection switch. If the Haze is already not switching ovens, something is wrong."Send it back", and just opening it will not help. But can cause more problems.

Having a second backup unit is very clever indeed.

Last edited:

Drexciya

So regular cleaning, like in the video that Scott made, should be enough?

I read earlier that you were not the only one who is opening the dual for deep cleaning.

Drexciya,
Top Bottom