Discontinued Haze Dual V3

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I reuse the reclaimed residue strait of the cotton, in the oil can, and it's very tasty, and potent

How do you do this? I tried this dry qtip method this afternoon on the backup dual and it came nice and brown. I picked of the cotton from the qtip and tried vaping that. I am not doing that again though because of possible glue residue in the cotton from the qtip.

Vapo

Sure, a regular clean should be enough, like shown in the video. As to other people opening the unit, this is up to you. I can only say what I think, and see. I would probably only use a small amount of ISO, just so the qtip is damp not dripping.

And the Haze is advanced micro electronics, with precision micro switches, and will be easily damaged under the right circumstances.
Unless you are confident with this sort of thing. I would honestly not open the unit, its going to be a bad day, when and if you break that micro switch. Or soldered flat ribbon wire.

How do you do this? I tried this dry qtip method this afternoon on the backup dual and it came nice and brown. I picked of the cotton from the qtip and tried vaping that. I am not doing that again though because of possible glue residue in the cotton from the qtip.

Well you could be right about the glue, I didn't taste anything particular like chemicals when vaping it, and I only peel the outside layer of sticky oily cotton off, and vape that.

"But to be safe" you could wrap pure cotton very tightly on a scewer (bamboo stick), use that for cleaning, and then vape that.

Then you know there is no glue in the mix.

Last edited:

Drexciya

Yeah I am not opening that unit. That's what I learn from that info. I am pretty handy with software but when it comes to hardware I am on a plug and play level.

I didn't notice any chemicals at all. It was indeed only the outer layer that I peeled of. The glue only came to mind after I vaped it.

Gonna think about using pure cotton. I really like the idea of getting the absolute most out of my material. Not because I have to, but because I can.

Vapo

Yeah now that you brought it up, it's got me thinking, the glue in the cotton buds could have all sorts of nasty stuff in it, and I'm going to make my own cotton buds, with no issues containing glue.

And that's what's magical about the Haze, you can recycle and vape virtually anything that can be vaped, and it handles oil and wax's brilliantly.

It also has the greatest efficiency I have seen from any Vaporizer's I have used.

George1151

For a bit of reclaim "because you can" which I get, I would worry about the cotton getting stuck in the airpath and then being unable to get it out. I use a dry qtip on mine after most sessions and it comes out pretty clean. If I wait 2 or 3 sessions then it can get fairly gummy and the mouthpiece starts wanting to stick inside. I've used a bit of iso on a qtip too but if dry qtipping regularly you may not need the iso.

I also dry pipe clean the mouthpiece after almost every session. I am newer to the Haze than many here so I mine might be less gunked up and thus easier to clean.

George1151,

Dynalowrider

A simple way harvest reclaim is to soak the glass mouthpiece in Everclear till it looks clean. I change the mp every other oven. I save it up till I think it's dark enough and I coffee-filter it, make a drink. Enjoy. Doc

If you leave the mp most of the way in it collects more.reclaim.

Drexciya

just to be clear. My first priority is keeping my dual as clean as possible. If by some method I get the cleanest result and I am able to get some reclaim, hurray for that. if not, no biggie as long as the unit is clean. I want my dual to keep working and if it breaks I don't want to find out I did something wrong while cleaning it. i know Haze offers really great service and when needed they are there for us. But that also means I am obliged to be a good owner right? So until this weekend I only used qtip's with iso. And I'll probably keep doing that.

George1151

Question to Haze owners. I just changed grinders and now have a Gr8tr and am using the fine grind grinder plate. I use the cans with the silicon lids (am about to buy a pair of cans with the steel lids) and I seem to be inhaling particles with the finer grind. Not sure if I need to tamp more. My Haze is a V2 but they must be similar as far as the airpath design goes.

Are the steel lids better for not allowing particles through the airpath than the silicone lids?

I definitely get denser vapor and longer lasting bowls with the new grinder, just have to find the sweet spot so I don't inhale particles.

Vapo

I find the dryer the herb the coarser the grind should be, where if the grind is to fine, the air flow can be more resistive. And it won't be ideal.

I prefer a finer grind if things are just right and the herbs have the right amount of moister.

And I use a very slight tamper. Not to create any air flow resistance.

The stainless steel lid's have smaller holes and lots of them, (instead of 2 big holes in the silicon lid), so they will hold back the particles a lot better, and work without any particles going through the mouth piece for me.

pratingzoe

I received my Haze a few weeks ago and from day one it moved itself up to being my daily go to vaporizer.

First impression

The box looks pretty cool and definitely shows that Haze has put some effort into making it stand out. The unit is gorgeous, honestly I didn't expect it to look this nice. Usually when people make an "all-purpose" product it's not so all purpose and lacks greatly somewhere. The Haze felt really good in my hand and had a good weight to it. I liked how the stem tucked away down into the device to make it more discreet unlike my Arizer Air.

Performance

The Haze was a champ right off the bat. Although I have only tested it with dry herbs, even on the first temp setting it still packs a nice punch. It took roughly 60 seconds to warm up plus or minus some, but that varied on how much juice the battery had. Even at cold temperatures, below freezing, the device didn't struggle to maintain its temperature unlike other devices I have owned. Temperatures 1 - 4 are all pretty accurate and don't seems to fluctuate that much during a session, meaning that the temperature doesn’t spike. I also have a water attachment and this thing blew my mind through my bubbler, literally blew my mind lol. It milked that thing like no other!

Draw resistance wasn’t an issue either unless you just stuff the chamber too tight. Other then that the only vapes I have use that have a better draw would be the Arizer Air(sometimes) and the SSV that I previously owned. This was a big thing for me because just a few weeks ago my only portable device was a Pax 2 and the Haze wipes the floor with the Pax 2 in that category.

You can tell the difference in using the different screens too, which I didn’t expect at all. Using the convection screen the herbs are a nice brown color no matter the temp setting. The conduction screen seemed similar to the Pax 2 when it came to taste, but provides more of a punch (assuming because of the direct contact). I didn’t really like using the cans, but this is possibly due to me having the tab facing the wrong way, still not a show stopper the other screen are way more then enough for me anyways.

Like most vapes the first few draws give the best taste though the taste didn’t decline extremely and the vapor quality is has been comparable to my old SSV during some sessions.

Ease of use

The dual chambers came in handy for someone like me that vapes all day. I didn't feel like I had to constantly keep reloading. The selector lever seems a little weird at first but after a few times I got the hang of it. Although I did catch myself having to make sure I was warming up the correct chamber. The stem is like a hit and miss on how easy it is to pull out sometime, but this could be due to temperatures and resin because it doesn't happen after a fresh cleaning. The button to select the temp level is pretty straight forward 4 lights and 4 clicks each click turns the temp up to the next level after 4 it will return to 1. Cleaning is pretty easy too I haven’t had a situation where some iso and a q-tip won’t do the job, and I have put some hrs on this thing.

Battery life

The haze came with two 18650 2600mah batteries that are way more then enough to get you through the day or whatever else you throw at it. I also like fact that it has a use output on the battery charger so it doubles as a power bank.

Build quality

Build quality is pretty good, better then I thought prior to receiving it I might add. It Has a nice solid feel to it and is about the size of a flask. I like the soft touch feel on the battery side of the unit, but being right handed I usually held the device on the opposite side which does warm but not too hot. The rest of the device well the middle area "feels" like it is made up of some type of metal I'm not sure if that's true because the hinges on he inside look like plastic. The top and bottom are also made of the same material with a smooth finish.

Only issue I have had with the build is that my selector switch seems to hit the top of the stem sometimes, not a big deal though just something I noticed.

Overall

The Haze Dual v3 is in a league of its own when it comes to vaporizers. The dual chambers are UNDER rated. If you are looking for a vape for less then $300 that is back by a warranty and gives stellar performance every time the Haze is it. Their are cheaper vaporizers out there but I believe the Haze not only stands it's ground against the best, but adds room for more with its versatility.

At the end of the day when it comes to all my vaporizers, Haze V3, Arizer Air and the Pax 2, if I had to choice just one it would be the Haze. All of the others are good vapes but the Haze has everything that I need in one and does a great job of doing it.

Pros

* Dual chambers
* 2 2600mah removable batteries
* Charger that doubles as a power bank
* Glass and stainless stems
* Multiple uses (herb, oil, wax, e-liquid)

Cons

* Stem is tricky to pull out sometimes (referring to the glass stem)
* No battery indicator
* Selector switch funky sometimes
* Although it is stealthy the fact that it resembles a flask doesn't help is certain situations.

What I would like to see

* Bubbler stem
* Battery indicator
* Pusher accessory (similar to the new vape pax pushesr)
I am looking to purchase this and need to know a few things if u dont' mind helping,first how do I get the cotton for concentrates I ve tried searching google and cant find,2nd are there specific consentrates that need to be used or can I just use my 50/50 blend and if u need something diff n e rreccomentaions on where to purchase and specific description to search, oh and how often do you need to change the cotton pad? ur help is most appreciated

Vapo

I don't think the cotton pads are needed, (unless your vaping ejuice), a lot of people have reported making a herbal sandwich with the concentrate in the middle of the stainless can, I know you can use concentrates on there own very affectively, but you must be mindful not to hold the Haze up right, or your going to make a mess.

But I would rather make a concentrate sandwich personally, than bother with the cotton wick.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

One part of the enjoyment of learning how to best operate a new vape is experimentation. To rely on someone else's experimentation is missing the best part of learning to use a new vape.
How do you like your coffee, or tea, or mixed drink? Well I probably don't like mine that way, and you probably don't like yours like I like mine. My point being, I can give you advice on how to use the Haze, but I don't know how you like to enjoy vaping. There is no set way to use the Haze. You have to learn, (all by yourself), how to enjoy useing the Haze.
If I were to sit down and tell you everything I've learned about my Haze, I would deprive you of all the fun and enjoyment of learning this vapes ins and outs. I love this vape so much because, I have tried to learn all I can about it, and how to enjoy it.
Don't short change your enjoyment of your Haze. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Doc

scottg402

I am looking to purchase this and need to know a few things if u dont' mind helping,first how do I get the cotton for concentrates I ve tried searching google and cant find,2nd are there specific consentrates that need to be used or can I just use my 50/50 blend and if u need something diff n e rreccomentaions on where to purchase and specific description to search, oh and how often do you need to change the cotton pad? ur help is most appreciated
Thanks for your interest! As @Vapo said you really only need the pads for juice but if that's what you want them for we sell them separately on our website.

It's time to replace them when they stop absorbing the juice. How long depends on your temp selection, session length and your juice.

wilco

Hi guys, I just joined the community of happy vaporizer owners. I really like the machine and the concept of no combustion, and I also think the V3 really rocks in terms of vape quality in combination with portability.

However, the thing I am less happy with is the following. My the machine turns of very easily during use. The switch doesn't stick at all when switching it to one of the two sides. As a result my vaporizer turns off way too easy i believe. In fact, I compared it with the one a friend of mine has, and the two machines really behave different. So what happens is that my V3 switches off when I pass it to someone else, like 50% of the time, and the same holds for when I shortly put it to rest somewhere near me. I don't like this one.

I am aware there is a auto-switch-off function, this is not the issue I am bringing across here. My situation happens often and within the first minute of using it too.

So my question is: should I consider this to be normal? Or, in case not, what could I do to fix this situation?

I am very happy to learn more.

Thanks for your advise!

Cheers,

W.

scottg402

Hi guys, I just joined the community of happy vaporizer owners. I really like the machine and the concept of no combustion, and I also think the V3 really rocks in terms of vape quality in combination with portability.

However, the thing I am less happy with is the following. My the machine turns of very easily during use. The switch doesn't stick at all when switching it to one of the two sides. As a result my vaporizer turns off way too easy i believe. In fact, I compared it with the one a friend of mine has, and the two machines really behave different. So what happens is that my V3 switches off when I pass it to someone else, like 50% of the time, and the same holds for when I shortly put it to rest somewhere near me. I don't like this one.

I am aware there is a auto-switch-off function, this is not the issue I am bringing across here. My situation happens often and within the first minute of using it too.

So my question is: should I consider this to be normal? Or, in case not, what could I do to fix this situation?

I am very happy to learn more.

Thanks for your advise!

Cheers,

W.
HI Wilco, I am about to PM you. Please hang tight. We will resolve this for you!

Spocks_Katra

So I've almost convinced myself that charging the batteries outside of the unit only is not quite a deal breaker but I've noticed it may be hard to hold with my right hand due to the chambers being on that side. I'm left handed and have always used my right to smoke/Vape will this be a problem. Is there a way to hold it in my right hand without holding it upside down?

Spocks_Katra,

scottg402

So I've almost convinced myself that charging the batteries outside of the unit only is not quite a deal breaker but I've noticed it may be hard to hold with my right hand due to the chambers being on that side. I'm left handed and have always used my right to smoke/Vape will this be a problem. Is there a way to hold it in my right hand without holding it upside down?
I vape a lot with my right hand. Use the bridge technique. You can rest the outside edge on your right lower palm and then bridge your hand across the top of the vape without touching the ovens. This works for me but I am 6'2" so my hands are large enough. Hopefully yours are too.

You will feel the heat from the ovens but as long as you don't clamp down on the top you should be fine. I do this all the time.

rshetts

Not sure why charging out of the unit is a deal breaker. I find it to be a nice convenience. I have 4 batteries and alternate them. My Haze is never down while charging due to that. As far as holding the unit, I cant think of an alternative way to hold it. It functions fine if you hold it in the right hand but due to the oven placement it can get a bit warm holding it that way. Every other vape Ive used Ive held in my right hand so I had to get used to holding the Haze left handed as well but it wasnt really an issue. It second nature now.

deadpooly6

I'm right handed and definitely don't have big hands and it's not really a problem for me. I just adjust my finger tips to whatever the cooler part of the honeycomb is.

Spocks_Katra

Not sure why charging out of the unit is a deal breaker. I find it to be a nice convenience. I have 4 batteries and alternate them. My Haze is never down while charging due to that. As far as holding the unit, I cant think of an alternative way to hold it. It functions fine if you hold it in the right hand but due to the oven placement it can get a bit warm holding it that way. Every other vape Ive used Ive held in my right hand so I had to get used to holding the Haze left handed as well but it wasnt really an issue. It second nature now.

because my hands shake from Chronic pain and it's easier to just plug a micro usb in instead of taking the battery out. I've had plenty of batteries for an ecig and charging externally became a chore. Plus with the 18650 sometimes the charger is hard to get the batteries in. The slide for the negative end gets caught and doesn't slide smoothly

Last edited:
Top Bottom