Discontinued Haze Dual V3

brub

Yes, thanks dantheman. I just took the piece off. Didnt know it even came off at all. Don't have coconut milk but will soak the silicone piece in alcohol and see about getting a small container of coconut milk when I am out and about. Its worth a try. Thanks everyone for the help. We are doing our best to convert over to vaping. Just old habits are hard to break. LOL
Don't soak the silicone piece in alcohol! You may damage it and it might start to crack.

dantheman420

Don't soak the silicone piece in alcohol! You may damage it and it might start to crack.

Yeah that sounded like it could be a bad idea, especially high percentage ISO. If no coconut milk maybe just plain cows milk would be a better choice than alcohol. I try and not allow ISO to get on anything other than stainless steel or glass.

OSD420

@OSD420 let me know how it persists for you. Did you do any burnoff's with the unit? If you did you may have damaged the temp sensor and this could be causing some issues. We can troubleshoot in PM if you like.

Happy Friday everyone!

Hi Scott, no I read a bunch of the posts on here before I bought the Haze...its actually one of the reasons why I bought it ...and I read where they said not to do a burn off like you do other vapes for exactly that reason. Never using this unit before I dont know if its running too hot...I can say though that both sides of the unit get uncomfortably hot on level 1 but I figure thats because of the ovens...I just did three bowls just now...varying the grind from my usual medium fine to barely ground and used the can first than two bowls using the conduction screen. Can I got 5 hits and it was done. Second and third bowls using conduction screen I got 7 hits but the last 2 were wispy and weak. All three bowls the abv was a dark brown..like I said earlier much darker than the abv from my Alfa....

OSD420,

woolspinner

Hi Scott, no I read a bunch of the posts on here before I bought the Haze...its actually one of the reasons why I bought it ...and I read where they said not to do a burn off like you do other vapes for exactly that reason. Never using this unit before I dont know if its running too hot...I can say though that both sides of the unit get uncomfortably hot on level 1 but I figure thats because of the ovens...I just did three bowls just now...varying the grind from my usual medium fine to barely ground and used the can first than two bowls using the conduction screen. Can I got 5 hits and it was done. Second and third bowls using conduction screen I got 7 hits but the last 2 were wispy and weak. All three bowls the abv was a dark brown..like I said earlier much darker than the abv from my Alfa....

On level one, I, who am very sensitive to heat, can hold the oven side in my bare hand. Something is wrong with your unit if it is that hot on level one.

howardmarks

Got my haze v3 about a week ago now very good use most the time not used my arizer air since getting this not quite as good as my crafty which is now just for home use. Brought key chain, canisters and xl batteries will be only one I use when I'm out these days. means I can carry around just this with the canisters pre loaded and carry only them instead of having to reload when I'm out. Can carry around 8 loaded in keychain then 2 in haze wont get through that in a day myself. Also does bubble hash very well so dont always need to use up my green. Will make some other concentrate when get the chance and try them as well but looks like best all in one I've come across so far very please.

dantheman420

...not used my arizer air since getting this...

I know what you mean, the Haze is great. I've used my Pax 2 a total of one time since getting my Haze last month. It was almost a pity bowl for my Pax, it looked lonely and we've had good times. The Haze is just so effecient with material and so flavorful that my poor Pax doesn't stand a chance. I see the Pax getting used only when the difference in size is more important than flavor, which is basically never. Driving my six speed stick shift was easier with the Pax as it can be held by mouth only, no hands, the Haze needs at least one hand. I don't promote vaping while driving and I am rarely out in the middle of nowhere where I'd even consider vaping while driving. So the Pax 2 will sit as an emergency back up.

vctr

A couple of thoughts on the haze: I've had it for a few days now and so far I like it a lot. For the first few bowls I used the screens, but after that I switched to the cans. The cans are much nicer in my opinion. I always spilled a little when loading the bowls and it was apparent that the device would need a lot of cleaning when used that way. On the other hand preloading cans is very easy and everything stays clean.

The device has a classic feel to it and looks to match. I love the way the design combines functionality with looks. The cans really suit the classy, clean aesthetics and I think they should be the number one way to use the device. So far I think they even hit better. Taste is good. During the first few bowls the device did give off a slight smell/taste, but that went away quickly. The rest of the time the taste has been very nice and when the bowl is finished I get clean hits with an "empty" kind of taste. No popcorn or any bad taste. It doesn't hit as hard as the Evo, but that's not a surprise and it does hit very nicely.

I've shown my Haze to a few friends. Nobody knew what it was without me telling them. When the stem was inside the unit they didn't even think it was an e-cig. They just looked puzzled and couldn't figure out what it was.

I also walked by the local police station while hitting on the haze. A police car came from behind us and turned to the yard just in front of us, while is was taking hits. That felt so wrong and right =D

django7

I have seen someone saying that you can fill the cans 3/4 as long as you keep it horizontal - so I didn't think pea size was outrageous.
Is it the silicone lid you use for sandwiches?
About the size of a rice grain is all you need. I use the silicone lid for wax. It does gum things up faster than flower, but it shouldn't overflow into the oven at all. Just swab out the airway, clean the can and mouthpiece, and you're ready to go again.

woolspinner

About the size of a rice grain is all you need. I use the silicone lid for wax. It does gum things up faster than flower, but it shouldn't overflow into the oven at all. Just swab out the airway, clean the can and mouthpiece, and you're ready to go again.

Yeah, @CalyxSmokr , maybe the person who said 3/4 of the way full was very high when s/he wrote that ( :lol: )because i do not see how you can fill that full and NOT boil over. I mean, the lids help, but if they can leak when you tip them, certainly they can boil over. Even when I am careful and use tiny amounts, the whole can and lid (but not oven unless I tip it) have residue all over, so the oil is bubbling around in the can when hot. Try it with smaller amounts, start with large grain of rice, see how that does and then work your way up. If I tilt mine with that small amount, it still spills. The new lids are better, but the cans still have holes and seams so there is no way for them to be leak-proof.

It is not ideal, I know, but I am not sure a) that any other portable device short of one with a fully enclosed chamber (which means more chamber cleaning) can boast of no leaks without b) using some sort of sandwich either with flower or a concentrate pad of some sort. I know my brother-in-law uses the mini steel wool pad in his mighty when he does concentrate in it.

You might, if you do not want to sandwich with flower AND do not want to use less than pea size, try buying some degummed hemp fiber to top your concentrate. I read somewhere that people prefer that to cotton when vaping concentrate with a "pad". I think @stickstones might have said that, actually.

Please do report back your findings because I would love to know if this works for you or if you get fed up with it, either way. I seem to be the only one experiencing leaking with the new lids, I guess, since no one has ever responded to my query in this thread. It was nice to see I am not alone.

I do not use, nor do I want to, a lot of concentrates, but on occasion I do. The flavor of some is amazing...only in the Haze. I think I give up on dab rigs and pens for concentrate. ONLY the Haze delivers a smooth, flavorful hit for me. However, the leaky lids makes it much less convenient to port a filled device since most often I have to CARRY my Haze with the cans in the leaking position. I really cannot risk leaks into my school bag or pocket. Yuck. Therefore, I only do concentrates in the Haze at home, or, sadly, transformed into liquid in my pen for extra stealth.

OSD420

On level one, I, who am very sensitive to heat, can hold the oven side in my bare hand. Something is wrong with your unit if it is that hot on level one.

Thanks woolspinner...good to know.. ScottG any suggestions? I had to go back to using my Alfa unfortunately...severely disappointed..was looking so forward to replacing it with the Haze...

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Thanks woolspinner...good to know.. ScottG any suggestions? I had to go back to using my Alfa unfortunately...severely disappointed..was looking so forward to replacing it with the Haze...
Reach out to Scott with concerns about your unit. Hes a great guy.

Been experiencing the best sessions I've ever had with a bud + kief sandwich in the convection screens. Gets so much out of the kief. I often end up having 15-25 minutes of solid vapor production, plus the taste stays great for most of the time.
Yes sir. Sandwiches are great. Especially with water in a glass.;)

little maggie

Have you written to Scott? You may need to send it back for repair. I had a problem with mine and it had to go back.
Just a comment: I tend to microdose any vape I use. Even with a tiny bit in the screens or cans, it works fine and the ABV doesn't get too dark.

OSD420

Have you written to Scott? You may need to send it back for repair. I had a problem with mine and it had to go back.
Just a comment: I tend to microdose any vape I use. Even with a tiny bit in the screens or cans, it works fine and the ABV doesn't get too dark.

Thanks little maggie...between woolspinner and your comments I think something must be wrong with mine as the abv in mine comes out very dark even on temp 1...

MinnBobber

Haze service from Scott:
is great.
I had an issue with a Haze vendor and Scott helped out.
He's there for you in case you have problems.
...................................................................................

Technique question on loading and unloading:
I was helping someone try out the Haze who has poor eyesight and shakey hands.
- Using either the can + lid or the full figured convection wire basket.

Any tips on technique or items to use to help not spill?
thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: VegNVape

UnshavenFish

I was helping someone try out the Haze who has poor eyesight and shakey hands.

thanks

If indoors IMO the best thing to do would be grind up a bunch of herb and put it in a small bowl/dish then just use the can/screen as a scoop then drop it in the haze, this way your not trying to pour herb into a small area and could probably do it with your eyes shut.

Personally I have an assortment of glass/plastic tubes that I fill then use that to tip/pour it into whatever vape I'm using.

riden2low

Question again. I read here and ther on the color of their ABV and wanting to know what the color should be? New to vaping and trying to convert over from using a bong. The wife and I are still trying to get use to the taste and trying to figure what the taste is suppose to be like everyone talks about.

riden2low,

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
It really depends on where you are and what the situation is. We are dealing with it on a case by case basis.

I have no issues what so ever. Both devices work as the should. It was just something that came to mind and I was wondering about a what if it broke scenario. I am living in the Netherlands btw.

Haze service from Scott:
is great.
I had an issue with a Haze vendor and Scott helped out.
He's there for you in case you have problems.
...................................................................................

I was helping someone try out the Haze who has poor eyesight and shaky hands.

thanks

I don't know how shaky the hands are, but as UnshaveFish already said. Leave the ground flower either in the grinder or in a small bowl. Use the cans to scoop up the ground flower. I use this method in combination with the kief scraper I got with my grinder and I can do it blindfolded. With this method you have the poor eyesight covered, I am not sure about the shaky hands though

Question again. I read here and ther on the color of their ABV and wanting to know what the color should be? New to vaping and trying to convert over from using a bong. The wife and I are still trying to get use to the taste and trying to figure what the taste is suppose to be like everyone talks about.

Everything from golden green to almost black is ok. You do know that you can save your abv right? I think you can google abv images as a comparison. Like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=abv&espv=2&biw=1707&bih=877&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD9-zZsIfMAhUBFQ8KHeMBCtMQ_AUIBigB&gws_rd=cr&ei=hgMMV5bRGsLdO7Pgm5gK#tbm=isch&q=avb+vaporized&imgrc=vj9jdSnOJjPTtM:

Last edited:
Drexciya,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Try packing it tighter with more herb.

I've used 4 different Haze 3.0 devices and have no trouble getting clouds that will choke me as much as my Mighty on any of them so I'm thinking it might be a packing issue? Plus 5-7 hits is really low, my cans or conduction screen full is just getting going after 7 hits? Maybe you are putting too small of an amount in the screen. Try a can instead with the herb lid until you get the pack right. You want a pretty firm pack in this vape since it's a conduction beast. Not super tight but definitely full and pressed in there quite well. Put the herb lid on (make sure it's in the correct way) and start at temp 3. It will last way more than 7 hits and you will be blowing huge clouds.

Of course this is all subject to having quality MMJ. I'm not saying your herb isn't good, but If you are trying to vape "Mids" that may be your problem. With vaping I find it's better to just spring for the highest possible quality regardless of cost. When a bowl gives 20 good hits instead of 7 wispy ones it makes it worth the extra money to get the top notch medical indoor.

Also if you have access to good concentrates try adding a dab to the bottom of your herb cans for the ultimate cloud sandwich!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Put the herb lid on (make sure it's in the correct way) and start at temp 3. It will last way more than 7 hits and you will be blowing huge clouds.

He already said he got very dark abv, I don't think starting at temp setting 3 will do him much good. I'd recommend starting at temp 1. The v3 already produces nice vapor at the lowest setting.

Drexciya,
Top Bottom