Discontinued Haze Dual V3

George1151

mrbonsai 420, are you following around behind me? That is both of my favorite ways to Haze. You hit it right on the money. I love my little "PNWT" Haze match. "The only way to fly". Doc

I just received my new (old) Haze from Vapeusa.com the last one they had on close out.. +$25CDN for taxes and handling. Looking forward to using it.

Probably asked and answered (lazy lol) but where can I buy the
PNWT knock-off! to go with my new Haze?

George1151

Again probably asked and answered (I remember some discussion on the topic but can't find it now.

Question what do you fellow Hazers recommend as the best thing to do before vaping the first time. I remember someone saying NOT to heat it up empty, but I forget what was recommended to do.

Thanks

George1151,

dantheman420

Again probably asked and answered (I remember some discussion on the topic but can't find it now.

Question what do you fellow Hazers recommend as the best thing to do before vaping the first time. I remember someone saying NOT to heat it up empty, but I forget what was recommended to do.

Thanks

Obviously give the batteries a full charge.

Take all the stainless pieces (cans, mouthpiece, oven lids, etc.) and the glass mouthpiece and rinse in isopropyl alcohol.

Take silicone pieces (concentrate lid, and the silicone piece holding on the oven lids) and soak them in coconut milk. Don't forget the piece holding the oven lids, it detaches from the unit. I forgot that piece and it ruined the taste of one bowl.

Take an alcohol wipe, or paper towel with alcohol on it and wipe out the ovens.

I personally had to do a good five minute burn off for each oven, empty. To get rid of any residues and factory new smell/ taste. I have never read that it was not recommended to do that.

I think that covers it. Then just pack a can or try the different screen options and enjoy.

dantheman420,

woolspinner

Obviously give the batteries a full charge.

Take all the stainless pieces (cans, mouthpiece, oven lids, etc.) and the glass mouthpiece and rinse in isopropyl alcohol.

Take silicone pieces (concentrate lid, and the silicone piece holding on the oven lids) and soak them in coconut milk. Don't forget the piece holding the oven lids, it detaches from the unit. I forgot that piece and it ruined the taste of one bowl.

Take an alcohol wipe, or paper towel with alcohol on it and wipe out the ovens.

I personally had to do a good five minute burn off for each oven, empty. To get rid of any residues and factory new smell/ taste. I have never read that it was not recommended to do that.

I think that covers it. Then just pack a can or try the different screen options and enjoy.

Search this thread for posts by scottg402 from Haze
He has specifically said that the oven design is not designed to tolerate long empty burn offs and you can do irreparable warranty-voiding damage to your device.

Now, I cannot recall how long you could burn it empty before that damage happens.

dantheman420

Search this thread for posts by scottg402 from Haze
He has specifically said that the oven design is not designed to tolerate long empty burn offs and you can do irreparable warranty-voiding damage to your device.

Now, I cannot recall how long you could burn it empty before that damage happens.

Yikes. Never saw that. Funny thing Scott actually gave a like to a post where I mentioned I did a 5 minute burn off on each heat chamber (at full heat) to get rid of a silicone smell. Maybe 5 minutes is not long enough to cause damage.

I guess this practice should be avoided then to not void the warranty.

Thanks for letting me know, not that I would have ever done it again anyway, but good to know.

dantheman420

Got any ABV? if you do run some through it just like a burnoff. It worked for me. Doc

After woolspinner pointed out that it is indeed advised against doing empty burn offs, I thought maybe do a lavender burn off or something. These vaporizers are made for vaporizing dry herbs, and I've seen some advertised as vaporizing things such as lavender, due to the stigma surrounding what most of us are actually vaporizing. But doing a burn off with ABV makes a lot more sense, I started over thinking it.

I guess empty burn offs are bad because of the way the haze ovens 'sense' what kind of material is packed and 'automatically' adjust the temperature within a range. For example level 4 heat gets hotter with concentrates than with flower. So with nothing packed the heater is going to go for maximum heat, possibly getting too hot if left running empty for extended periods. Once I researched it, it made perfect sense. Seems the auto shutoff would kick in before the unit would damage itself, but I'll let someone else try that if they want.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just received my new (old) Haze from Vapeusa.com the last one they had on close out.. +$25CDN for taxes and handling. Looking forward to using it.

Probably asked and answered (lazy lol) but where can I buy the
PNWT knock-off! to go with my new Haze?

I got mine from GB Bong (sold out now) but I bet they are all pretty similar? The slits in mine aren't even but it still functions well. This one came with a nectar collector tip that can be used as a whip adapter also.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/necta...m/264168089.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Here is another seller though
http://www.dhgate.com/product/necta...14mm/267152541.html#s1-20-1b;searl|1228299601

Hey Guys, I have posted about a few cases I found but I just got one for my new Mighty that is also a good Multi-vape case including the Haze with all of the accessories and batteries you own. Even the charger if you wanted to. Check it out for under $6 shipped!!!

DBDF4187-FB43-47D7-9866-9CD6C47B8469.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111825926153?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

MinnBobber

I only vape dry herb, no concentrates with my Haze. How does the flavor compare between:

1. convection screen baskets
2. conc cans with the silicone lid
3. the cans with the new stainless steel perforated lids. Don't have these yet

I have 1 and 2 and thinking about getting SS lids. I really prefer a totally enclosed module, like the cans + lids.
Tried the conc can setup (can + silicone lid) with dry bud and it wasn't the greatest.
How is the can + perforated lid working out for folks?

Thanks

MinnBobber,

Vapo

It's well worth buying the stainless lids, the flavour is very much improved in comparison to the silicon lid. Buy a pack of spare cans, so you can have a few cans ready to go, very handy.

They all seem a little different the tastes using the different methods, but the cans to me are the way to go, the screens seem to change the flavour when dirty, and aren't the easiest to clean. Plus the ovens get dirty when using the screens.

The Cans can be wiped clean in seconds using isopropyl wipes, or dipped ISO cotton buds, The flavour is consistently good in the cans on level 1, when using the Haze3, and this method to me is the best way to use this vape.

I have found, if you run a dry cotton bud through the air path of the Haze, when hot, the air path can be cleaned without the use of ISO in seconds. Keeping the unit running smooth.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I only vape dry herb, no concentrates with my Haze. How does the flavor compare between:

1. convection screen baskets
2. conc cans with the silicone lid
3. the cans with the new stainless steel perforated lids. Don't have these yet

I have 1 and 2 and thinking about getting SS lids. I really prefer a totally enclosed module, like the cans + lids.
Tried the conc can setup (can + silicone lid) with dry bud and it wasn't the greatest.
How is the can + perforated lid working out for folks?

Thanks

I use the shit out of the cans w/ stainless lids. That and the conduction screens I use daily. Straight herb work great in them plus if you get a hold of some concentrates I like to make combo cans! I put about 2 dabs in the bottom of each can then fill full with herb and tamp lightly. This thing will hit for 15 minutes straight with 1 can full, quite impressive clouds too on temp 3. I find you can use less herb in the can vs the conduction screen as well. Yeah, the stainless lids are a must have, silicone lids are for concentrates only for me.

OK Guys, I bought a Mighty to see if it was really as good as everyone says it is. Well it is lol. Vapor is the tastiest I have had...ever. Like Underdog at 12v tasty. I was impressed BUT it isn't going to knock the Haze V3.0 out of the rotation. The haze's conduction vaping method gives some thick ass thick choker clouds that are just different than any other vape I own including the Pax. And the Concentrate herb sandwiches are messy as hell in the Mighty with the pad system. The cans are nice and clean in the Haze for this. On the other hand with regular herb only usage the mighty stays 20x cleaner than the Haze. So, My conclusion is BUY BOTH...And a few more vapes while you're at it. VaS is real people!

Last edited:

MinnBobber

It's well worth buying the stainless lids, the flavour is very much improved in comparison to the silicon lid. Buy a pack of spare cans, so you can have a few cans ready to go, very handy.
Thanks @Vapo and @mrbonsai420 . I'll get some stainless lids then.
I much prefer a neat and tidy "module" like the cans with a lid, but herb in the cans with the silicone lid was not the greatest. ABV was not uniform

Most of my lids are "Haze All Purpose Can, Haze-oil" on the pack with code 111540xxxxx.
I'm hoping that the stainless lids will fit so I can just buy the lids.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks @Vapo and @mrbonsai420 . I'll get some stainless lids then.
I much prefer a neat and tidy "module" like the cans with a lid, but herb in the cans with the silicone lid was not the greatest. ABV was not uniform

Most of my lids are "Haze All Purpose Can, Haze-oil" on the pack with code 111540xxxxx.
I'm hoping that the stainless lids will fit so I can just buy the lids.

Yes, all the cans are the same, just buy some lids and you are good to go. I highly suggest extra cans and some kind of holder. The fact that I carry 8-10 pre-loaded cans with me with 6x batteries is the whole reason the Haze will have a hard time getting knocked out of the vape rotation, even with a Mighty, Milaana, FF2, or whatever else I buy nothing else has me ready to reload power and herb in under 10 seconds!! Well, I guess you could pre-fill milaana/Zion Stems for the road and plug them...but that's a pocket full of glass and another story!

George1151

I have used my new Haze V2 a few times now and I have a question. I have used it with the cans only but I find that on level 3 I don't get hardly any vapor. I have to bump it to level 4 to get any decent vapor. I waited a few days to ask opinions so that it could burn in a bit through use.

I know the V2 uses temps 3 & 4 for herbs but so far I can only use level 4 which seems too high for constant use.

Is it my unit or is this the way they perform? I have not used the screens yet but I thought level 3 with the cans would do the job and so far it isn't.

Thoughts?

George1151,

woolspinner

Well, I guess you could pre-fill milaana/Zion Stems for the road and plug them...but that's a pocket full of glass and another story!

Just wait for the Haze Square - hopefully they will be keeping the cannister idea.

I have used my new Haze V2 a few times now and I have a question. I have used it with the cans only but I find that on level 3 I don't get hardly any vapor. I have to bump it to level 4 to get any decent vapor. I waited a few days to ask opinions so that it could burn in a bit through use.

I know the V2 uses temps 3 & 4 for herbs but so far I can only use level 4 which seems too high for constant use.

Is it my unit or is this the way they perform? I have not used the screens yet but I thought level 3 with the cans would do the job and so far it isn't.

Thoughts?

Check in with @scottg402 - you may need to send it in. V2 should have 3 settings for herb: 2-4.

vctr

After quite of bit reading I decided to order Haze v3. It will be my first portable vaporizer and I've only tried the Mighty before. The mighty produced nice vapour, but I'm not too keen on having to send to S&B to replace the battery. IMO the Haze looks much better too, but ymmv.

Can't wait to receive the Haze. I now have a good Vape at home (the Evo) and will soon have (if you guys are to be trusted ;) ) a great portable. I'm definitely going Fuck Combustion for good now.

Vapo

It's a good tool, the Haze v3. I've never used the early versions. But I'm enjoying this vaporiser, I have fucked combustion now for 4 years, my lungs feel and work heaps better, and I'm never looking back to the bad lands of combustion. Fuck that.

I can say for sure, the draw resistance is best in the cans, with loose pack which I prefer.
The mighty could be the next vaporiser on my to buy list. They get great review's. Althoug I'm not to keen on units that don't have user replaceable 18560 batteries.

MinnBobber

George, what lids are you using with the cans?

MinnBobber,

George1151

George, what lids are you using with the cans?

The silicone ones. Didn't come with the metal screens. Definitely can't get any useful vapor on 3 and tried 1 bowl in convection screen on 4 and that didn't work either. In cans with silicone lids it works at 4 but not really on 3.

George1151,

mephisto

Had a 12 hour day yesterday, came home and got my ass kicked trying to get the f#*kin lid to sit right on the top of the canister. This is my only complaint, the cans are small and can be a tactile challenge when one is tired, or old, or both as in my case. Best conduction vape I have ever owned. Makes me sad I re-bought another Pax2.

scottg402

Had a 12 hour day yesterday, came home and got my ass kicked trying to get the f#*kin lid to sit right on the top of the canister. This is my only complaint, the cans are small and can be a tactile challenge when one is tired, or old, or both as in my case. Best conduction vape I have ever owned. Makes me sad I re-bought another Pax2.
Mephisto, thank you. We hear your feedback. In fact we are trying to streamline things in the Square to avoid all the small parts. This is one area we know we need to do better with and it will be a focus in all of our future releases. Glad you are enjoying it none-the-less!

bibblybobbly

I guess empty burn offs are bad because of the way the haze ovens 'sense' what kind of material is packed and 'automatically' adjust the temperature within a range.

Where do you learn this type of stuff? Regarding how the firmware is programmed to react to various situations, what physical components are used, and in what configuration. I'd like to know more about the technical workings of the device - both for my own satisfaction, and to better care for it and keep it out of the repair shop. But I don't want to void the warranty or destroy it by dismantling it. I guess the company can't disclose too much because of the intellectual property. But has anybody taken theirs apart and become acquainted with the inner workings? Any photographs circulating of the Haze's guts?

dantheman420

Where do you learn this type of stuff? Regarding how the firmware is programmed to react to various situations, what physical components are used, and in what configuration. I'd like to know more about the technical workings of the device - both for my own satisfaction, and to better care for it and keep it out of the repair shop. But I don't want to void the warranty or destroy it by dismantling it. I guess the company can't disclose too much because of the intellectual property. But has anybody taken theirs apart and become acquainted with the inner workings? Any photographs circulating of the Haze's guts?

I'm not 100% certain this is why it has been recommended not to do empty burns, I was making an educated guess since it hasn't really been discussed in detail much.

As far as the information on the haze v3 "automatically" adjusting the temperature within a set range based on the type of material used. This was mentioned by Scott on another forum I found with a google search, there is also a lot of info on haze' website. I just kept reading and reading and came across that. It makes sense that the auto adjusting and sensing would be the reason empty burn offs are advised against, but I could be completely wrong.

I do an empty burn off in my Pax 2 every time I clean the oven because I don't like vaping iso, and it's still going strong after one year of near daily use (of course I've only used it once since I got my V3:lol:). I've watched the iso vapor burn off inside the oven of my Pax 2 and I can safely say I wouldn't want to breath that. This hasn't been an issue with the Haze V3 because the oven stays so clean when using the cans that I haven't even had to do a thorough cleaning of the oven yet, only the cans, mouthpiece, and vapor path.

Yes people have taken the haze apart, it was mentioned several pages back in this thread. It is as easy as a few clips and removing two #0 Phillips screws according to another member, but as you pointed out that will void the warranty.

Top Bottom