1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Movies You've Seen Recently That Are NOT New Releases..

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by lwien, Jan 10, 2015.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Kind of an odd experience watching this. It's supposedly one of the top comedies of all time- made during time of legal restrictions.
    [​IMG]

2. TiSteamo

TiSteamo VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...

I recommend two movies: El topo and The Sacred Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky. Maybe while you steaming a bubble.:)

Madri-Gal and DirtyD like this.
  3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Jodorowski 's holy mountain - amazing strange strange movie. Saw an interview with him and when asked about the inspiration for the film he said incredible amounts of LSD. You will understand when you see the film.:nod:

TiSteamo and Madri-Gal like this.
  4. TiSteamo

TiSteamo VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...

Jodorowsky is a great artist and a great man. A very interesting character to discover and study thoroughly. He is one of the great fathers of psychedelia. I was lucky enough to meet his son Cristobal a couple of years ago, during a psycho-theater show. A man full of empathy and humanity.
    Another of his films that I really liked is one of the last, The Dance of Reality.

DirtyD likes this.
  5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll definitely check it out! Cheers! D.

TiSteamo likes this.
  6. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Rosemary's Baby is the best movie ever made . A masterpiece of cinema, every single camera shot is pure artistry, not to mention all star cast, incredible acting, etc. My favorite film by far. I Own a first edition of the book, pretty much word for word same as script of the film. If you have not seen this film, treat yourself, it's up there with the greatest cinema of all time. IMHO of course. Oh and "Lara Louise"and Ruth Gordon steal the show. Every movie buff needs to see this film. Hail Satan! Cheers, D.:evil:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Absence of Malice (1981) Paul Newman, Sally Field. On IMDB's Freedive. Such a good film.

8. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors