Glass VaporGenie

manchild

Vapourist
charliedontsurf said:
Since the vaporgenie people are too silly to make their own glass on glass, bong-compatible bowl for the glass vapor genie top, you guys might want to turn to Etsy if you so desire one.

Simpleglasstubes is very cool about custom work and does great stuff. Just send him a picture of the glass vaporgenie, tell him to make a G on G bowl with the same distance between the top joint and the bottom of the bowl.

I'd love to get a Glass vapor genie myself, but feel pretty burned about the alum bat.
I find the glass vg still produces some of the biggest lung busters of any of my vapes. I've never used any other style of vg but I find there is very little air flow restriction which looks to be an issue with the bat and classics.

I purchased a HD vape with glass bong connector from etsy and the glass VG diffuser fits in perfectly. Used with a torch I can produce very thick bong hits. Much much thicker than the video above. Equal to my supreme easily. You just need to be careful of combustion. I have had limited success producing thick bong hits with a regular lighter but haven't really put in the effort so i'm sure its possible.

So yeah hit up etsy or slide that diffuser into any 18mm adapter or joint and give it a go.

manchild,

Ztob

Hi, I reloacated the screen from being pressed down as far as it would go. The ease of flow was slowing up as the contents got warmer. Looking at the glass hole, its not very big and if the screen is pressed up to it not much would be needed to restrict it. So, now the sreen is about 1/8 inch above the glass bottom of the bowl and it sucks the surface of the screen. But as I draw, the pipe starts to emit a loud screaching sound, and its at the moment vapor is starting to be produced. Its the weirdest thing, but kinda cool cause ya know when its starting to vape and can control the hit beter. As long as it whistles, I know its making vapor.

Ztob,

crawdad

floatin
Ztob said:
As long as it whistles, I know its making vapor.

ha ha ha, mine does this too and everything is in the "stock" position. i imagine im on a train to happy thinking town and the whistle is blowing...all aboard!

crawdad,

happythoughtsforrobots

Ok People.

Listen Up.

I just got my Glass Vapor Genie in the mail today. I haven't vaporized since back in the day when Vapor Brothers were selling boxed soldering irons with glass condoms on them.

How the f@ck is this possible: I light my beeline and let the flame get pulled into the bowl - take a hit - and a huge cloud that I can blow rings with emerges.

I must have burnt the weed.

Nope - green as the minute I put 'er in there.

This is not vaporizing as it used to be. I don't know about the other shit they got out now but I can see no reason to burn herbs to enjoy them any more.

The Glass VG is portable. Requires no power. Is all glass. It is well worth the $100 - $4 for priority and I got it to OR in 2 days.

I don't ever sign up for websites and do posts but this changes everything. Buy one of these or two. You'll love it forever...

happythoughtsforrobots,

coolguyalex

Thank you everyone for your input in this thread, after reading it my decision was justified and made quite easy.

I have done a lot of research on vaporisers over the past few days as it's my first one but I'm pretty happy that in the end I narrowed it down to the Glass Vapor Genie. The all glass construction appeals to me greatly, and also the fact that it is portable and requires no power. I also ordered the extra bag and I-Tal hemp wick so I think the price was quite good for what you get.

Hopefully I can back up the experiences of most poster's in this thread, I will be sure to post my thoughts as soon as I give it a few tries.

:)

coolguyalex,

crawdad

floatin
happythoughtsforrobots said:
How the f@ck is this possible: I light my beeline and let the flame get pulled into the bowl - take a hit - and a huge cloud that I can blow rings with emerges.

I must have burnt the weed.

Nope - green as the minute I put 'er in there.

i tend to get it burnt if i let the flame go inside the bowl, but im sure its my application vs yours. i tend to keep the flame just at the tip of the top and i draw for about 8 seconds, remove flame and continue to draw for 2-3 seconds more. i can repeat this about 5 times and get hits each time. thats how i "roll". :peace:

crawdad,

crawdad

floatin
oh, semi-off topic but how do you like the beeline? does it burn quickly or real slow? wonder if i need 100 feet for my weekends or perhaps 1000. ha ha.

crawdad,

HazyDayz

Anyone know any trusted european shops selling this, or do you have to go direct?

Looks a good portable option :)

HazyDayz,

HazyDayz

OBVIOUSLY :lol: :rolleyes:

Bit extravegant. :lol: Cool concept, prefer the AroMed tbh tho. Plus its tried and tested. :)

Btw, dont ruin another thread.

HazyDayz,

Bananiq

I seriously consider to make a video, which will show how bad quality are those ceramic VG filtters... it leaves dust and soot and consequently shrinks its size. I am glad now that im not inhaling it anymore because I use Glass VG with HDvape which works even better ... review coming soon

Bananiq,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Bananiq said:
I seriously consider to make a video, which will show how bad quality are those ceramic VG filtters... it leaves dust and soot and consequently shrinks its size. I am glad now that im not inhaling it anymore because I use Glass VG with HDvape which works even better ... review coming soon

I'm kind of glad someone else noticed the shrinking filter. When I brought it up with the VG website, they pretty much told me there was no possible way it would shrink and that I was imagining things.

DevoTheStrange,

crawdad

floatin
how long before you noticed this shrinking issue? quite interested in seeing your setup (pics/video). thanks.

the vg folks do refer to soot being an issue if you let the flame get too close, the lip of the flame barely dips down into the bowl when im using it, often just hovers at the lip plane near center.

crawdad,

crawdad

floatin
7 inches. female gong? i guess, never heard of that before but sounds appropriate somehow. ceramic filter is fitted with metal ring inside of a glass piece that slides into the pipe and screen is just below where the ceramic filter glass piece rests.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the following video was done well for explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjoiXMNk37A

im still interested in hearing back from Bananiq. been using cheap lighters with great success but recently tried the hemp wick. i found i was able to get a much cleaner vapor (i swear 0% combustion now, cant even see the exhale, only taste and it turns light brown) however as the wick burns some parts i can see drop into the filter and i think it will clog eventually.

crawdad,

crawdad

floatin
thank you, but isn't that a bit too hot? i guess you could hold it back some but you would waste heat as im sure glass can melt if you get too close...i would think.

crawdad,

caseball2051

People use torch lighters all the time with VGs.

I think their site recommends a standard lighter however.

caseball2051,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
The flame is so small it's not really an issue. The hard part about using a torch with a VG is finding a lighter where the flame is small enough that it won't make it too hot too fast. It just requires more discipline then using a candle flame. Makes it so much easier then sucking on the vg for 20 sec while the filter gets warm enough.
5 seconds with a torch and you're in cloud city with Lando.

You'd probably need a propane torch and couple of minutes to get it hot enough to melt the glass ;)

Skunkypete,

Bananiq

Skunkypete said:
Check these out crawdad http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11868 they are the cat's meow when it comes to using a torch with the glass vg as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend them. One of the better torches on dealextreme. The trick is to use a small flame and count to 5. Way faster then using a candle flame.

lol .. I couldnt believe that price, so I ordered one just for try, had really small amount of euros at my account so I was like whatever,.... and it seems it works :D lol ... I couldn find ONE proper Jet lighter at like 5 local headshops ... and the one located 120 km away offer one for like 10 euros (also 'Honest' brand) I cant believe i just ordered a proper jet lighter for 2 euros including air shipping ...

Bananiq,
Top Bottom