Glass VaporGenie

ReffGnarley

I found the glass VaporGenie on my mission to find a portable vape.
Right out of the box, I gave it a nice bath, pinched off some herb and gave it a rip...:o

Taste: Very strong and pleasant. A HUGE difference from the wooden VaporGenie.

Temp: The pipe itself gets pretty hot, and it's a bit difficult not to take the bowl in 1 or 2 hits.

Build: Nice thick glass, all glass. Huge bowl.

Ease of Use: Take herb and place in bowl.

Size: The pipe is long, so you can easily watch the vaporization process right in front of you without going cross eyed.

*The only thing I don't like is the screen. It tends to fall out ALL THE TIME. Just a minor drawback to a pretty sweet piece. (worth the money) Very good piece if you are looking to make the move from smoke to vapor.

I pulled up to my friend's party the other night and there were way too many mouths to feed, so I sat in my car and vaped before I went in. Perfect for any closet vape master such as myself.

If I left anything out just ask.

ReffGnarley,

ReffGnarley

Compared to the wooden one, the taste and the bowl size are the 2 main differences.

The taste is sooooo much better. Plus the glass one looks cooler. Haha.

Glass is the way to go for all vapes in my opinion.

ReffGnarley,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I can understand the taste comparison. Which bowl is bigger and by how much?

How about the heat? Most of the concerns I have heard have been about it getting too hot...what say you?

stickstones,

ReffGnarley

The glass bowl is bigger. Close to twice the size of the wooden one.

As far as the heat, the bowl area is the only part that gets HOT. Similar to a combustion pipe.

I'll eventually post some pic's.

ReffGnarley,

kalinga

How many succeeding bowls does it take for the pipe to get too hot to hold? Thanks for the review. Waiting for the pics.

kalinga,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Geeze, I am glad they changed to glass. Hmmmm, would like one. But don't really need it.

IAmKrazy2,

Hotboxvapebongin

Im really thinking of getting one of these glass VG's. I always wanted a nice portable vaporizer. This thing looks awesome but i'll wait for more reviews.

Hotboxvapebongin,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Im really thinking of getting one of these glass VG's. I always wanted a nice portable vaporizer. This thing looks awesome but i'll wait for more reviews.
Just be aware, they're a complete bastard out in the open with wind.

They're an awesome tent vape :D

Chubba,

spaceman462

Now I'm fucking excited. I was hesitant to buy one before when no one had one yet, but this sounds excellent.

spaceman462,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I bought a glass VG, and I think it is far superior to the wooden variety, one of which I own. The ability to see the vapor helps in heat/flame/vapor control. It is true the bowl area get hot, but there is plenty of glass stem. The glass stem from tip to toke is about 10 inches of glass. It is not a straight line. It's curvy area reminds me of a "p-trap" in plumbing-speak, or that curvy thingy under your sink for the rest of us. The lineal length of my pipe is 7 inches.

You all have seen glass bottles that have glass stoppers that have a 'frosty' surface. That is the ingenious insulator that holds the volcanic stone heating element. So, like the wooden one, you fill a sub-chamber with herbal goodness, but instead of screwing the bowl on, the glass stopper/heating element slips in, quick as you please. Really makes it easy for a quick stir.

To me, it seems as if my glass VG heats more evenly. And while the glass stopper does get hot, it seems to cool quickly. While the glass VG does not have a fixed screen, that gives a person the ability to maintain or change screens quickly.

A nice addition would be like a thick cork or even wooden washer around the glass stopper to act as insulator, but like I said, it doesn't take too long to cool.

Cleaning hasn't been a problem, but I haven't let it get too dirty. I soak the pipe in a very hot "Simple Green" solution, and the tars and dust seem to dissolve.

It would be very difficult to get a brush in to clean this pipe.

I would say that this definitely looks like a dope smoking devise, and it isn't small enough to use outdoors stealthily. My wooden VG at least looks like a pipe. For me, this will be an indoor product, but one that I will use frequently. I got a good lighter off of Ebay, and a good lighter sure makes using the VGs easier.

I find it much easier to do a few hits with the VG as opposed to heating up the Volcano or I-Inhale when its only just me. I've got a PD on order, but then, quite a few of us do.

macbill,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
You all have seen glass bottles that have glass stoppers that have a 'frosty' surface. That is the ingenious insulator that holds the volcanic stone heating element.
sorry to pick apart your post and no offense meant, but the filter is not volcanic, stone, it ais silicon carbide, a very heat resistant ceramic. you can see this invtac's picture on the vaporbuff site (vaporgenie uses the same filter for glass and wood)
vaporgenie-08.jpg

Acolyte of Zinglon,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
You all have seen glass bottles that have glass stoppers that have a 'frosty' surface. That is the ingenious insulator that holds the volcanic stone heating element.
sorry to pick apart your post and no offense meant, but the filter is not volcanic, stone, it ais silicon carbide, a very heat resistant ceramic. you can see this invtac's picture on the vaporbuff site (vaporgenie uses the same filter for glass and wood)
http://www.vaporbuff.com/i/vaporgenie-08.jpg
No offense taken. I'm sure at one point I knew that, but consistent application of the Glass Vapor Genie has impaired my short term memory......

macbill,

HappyFunTime

Having just rediscovered vaporizing I went gung-ho and got a Glass Vapor Genie to go with my Classic Vapor Genie (review here http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1132 ).

Here are some photos and a brief review.

I bought the Axe-Pack with it as I am a sucker for cases and for $20 more I though it was worth it:
1zvu0co.jpg

The pack has straps to hold the pipe in on one side and your gear on the other. I carry 2 film cans of fresh legal herbs and one of vaped herbs (in the zipper pocket), a vector lighter (which they no longer sell; they are looking for a new supplier) , visine and a backup BIC lighter for when my vector runs dry mid hit:
2j4eovq.jpg

21l0p06.jpg

Here is a shot with a small BIC for sizing:
bfkflt.jpg

Holding for sizing:
bg7ek1.jpg

Up close:
2whigkn.jpg

GLASS VAPOR GENIE
-------------------------

They seemed to have fixed the issues with the screen falling out because, while the screen in my pipe moves about 1/4 of an inch, it does not fall out. This allows you to blow out any left over material in the pipe after use.

The pipe has a nice weight to it and the bulbous joint makes for a natural holding location as well as a good place to watch to judge vapor density. If you hold the pipe at the joint it will not get too hot to hold. Surprisingly the topper cools very quickly and can be handled almost immediately after a hit allowing for quick bowl changes. The bowl does get too hot too hold after use so use cation.

As noted by others the bowl is about 50% bigger then the wooden Vapor Genie and has a wide mouth for easy loading and unloading. A full bowl yields 5-8 hits depending on your desired density. The hits are smooth with no outside flavors. There is a good balance of airflow to allow for slow and fast suction to vary the heat. I like to load quarter bowls for 2 tasty hits which gets me nicely baked.

The glass stopper has a good grip via the ground glass joint and is enough to allow for gentle shaking of the herb for more even heating between hits. It is also easier to light due to the view angle and being able to see the herb brown up allows for less guessing on when the bowl is done.

Conclusion
------------

Overall I think this is a great pipe for home use and provides the best tasting Vapor Genie experience. I use my Classic Vapor Genie (sans mouth piece) for on the go use and the Glass VG for chilling with at home. The case is super nice and fits the pipe perfectly, comes with a lock, provides good protection during travel and holds a bunch of gear. I would love to see them release a color changing version of the Glass Genie and a glass stem model for use with a glass bong (like my mini zong).

Pros:
Screen now stays in!
Well made
Stands up for easier loading
Make dense vapor if desired
Large bowls better for groups
Glass stopper stays in

Cons:
Breakable
Greater chance to get burned by the bowl then the Handcarved Vapor Genie.

If you have the $ you can't really go wrong with this pipe.

spaceman462

Damn that looks good. I'm going to have to get one as soon as I can afford it. Unfortunately, car repairs have to come first or I'd buy one right now.

I'm going to have to get the case too. That is slick as hell.

max

Out to lunch
$120 for the Genie and case, it seems. They show a pic of the axe pack but don't list it under 'Pouches'. Doesn't show up with a search either.

max,

owin

I like that case too. Thanks for the pictures the pipe looks awesome too.

owin,

Ben

max said:
$120 for the Genie and case, it seems. They show a pic of the axe pack but don't list it under 'Pouches'. Doesn't show up with a search either.
you can only order them if you order a Glass VG; they are listed as an option with the choice of other pouches that go with it

Ben,
Top Bottom