Glass Vape Aromatherapy Device

purplechango

hey guys...... sorry im not gonna write too much right now, this is just an out of the box look of The Glass Vape. The coolest new toy I own

male/male bowl one is a 14 the other is a 19
DSC02129.jpg

The come pre-fitted with SS screens, Im considering a roor glass gauze or a TI screen(recommended by Henn)
DSC02131.jpg

looking at it from the front.....the donut is what you heat....the perimeter
DSC02132.jpg

close-up of the donut
DSC02134.jpg

profile - the glass around it, i think, helps retain heat
DSC02135.jpg

backview
DSC02138.jpg

profile with some heady horns to match the bowl......maybe color options will be available? or custom work
DSC02139.jpg

the bowl and vape connected
DSC02142.jpg

First impression

Intimidating, especially when you realize you will be takin a torch to this piece of art!

Im gonna spend some time with it, a day or so of playing and ill be back to write my review..... hope you enjoyed the eye candy :o

purplechango,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

NoSmoke

Can't wait to read your review!!! Man I wanna buy this thing, but can't justify it!!! I need to pratice some serious self control lol!!! What free gift did you get???

NoSmoke,

purplechango

when i was considering ordering this i was :uhoh:

then after i realized i might be breaking a $150 toy i was like :o

but once i tried it i was ;)

then with practice i started :lol: cause i was superman cloudy

then i felt like i got this toy for a steal :brow:

My Personal Opinion
this is an awseome vape. I will be writing an objective review here soon. but for the time being, enjoy.....

This my video Intro/review

Pt 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAmIEcpuSCE

Pt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHL7uvZLdw

purplechango,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Thanks for the vids PurpleChango , makes me want to spend some money :D What's your opinion on using it with a straight tube?

Skunkypete,

reece

I gotta say, just looking at this thing I think it sucks that at this point in my life I can't own one. It looks really nice, and paired with a nice glass piece, wow. It's almost like a glass version of the Supreme Vaporizer. I do wish the manufacturer the best with this. Hopefully it'll still be around when I get these kids out of the house. They're two and ten now. I'm thinking I get the oldest out around 15 or so and the youngest can move in with her.

Seriously though, Glass Vape Head, I will mention your vape to anyone I know who still uses bongs and what not. Good luck.

reece,

purplechango

Skunkypete said:
Thanks for the vids PurpleChango , makes me want to spend some money :D What's your opinion on using it with a straight tube?
Hey Skunkypete! Wassup bro :D

Ill tell you what, if you do decide to get this piece, it wont be money spent, it will be money invested, cause the returns are way cool :D .

Now for your tubular question, this vape was designed with the canna-sseur and the medical user in mind. Hence, tube usage is recommended as the tube would allow for large flavorful clouds to accumulate for the taste experience or for the large toke needed to medicate.

That being said, if you already own a a stand-up straight tube, enojoy your toy with this piece to make the experience personal, but if you can afford one something like these made by Glass Vape head, it would be ideal. http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal25058_tube_ride.asp

Jikaboom123 said:
I wish it came with a bong.
As for having a water pipe combo, $150 is actually a good price for the unit itself as it is also a piece of art. IDK what kinda price Glass Vape Head Could offer on a combo purchase? It would be nice to know though.

(The cow bubbler in my vid was used as a last resort, my tube had a boo boo) :(

purplechango,

purplechango

Hey guys :D

Im finally sitting down with some time put pen to paper and write my review of Glass Vape Heads "Glass Vape"

Im fairly new to vaporizing, but have always been one to enjoy flavorful nug. One of things that attracted me to vape, was that everywhere i read people talked about how awesome vape tasted. Now I always knew that you could get better flavor from glass, but I didnt and still dont own too many glass pieces. So, when I was introduce to this new vape by Henn in the chat room I had mix feelings about it:

1. I was excited because it was a true all glass vape (more flavor, no cords)
2. I was hesitant and doubtful because it was glass
3. Putting fire to this piece was even more scarry.

But, I was in the market for a new vape and i fit one of the big criteria for me, glass/taste. :ko:

Let me get this out right now, this vape is not for every vape head. I takes some level of comfort using a torch, or at least not having fear of one and tact with the handling of glass.

This is a quote from the inventor, Glass Vape Head "This is a great connoisseurs vape.... but it does have a bit of a learning curve. not a Nubie or party setup."

This vape would fit what i like to call the canna-sseur, those who are looking for a taste experiance in their nug or for the medical user as well looking for nice deep draws in combination with a nice ice tube.

Now, you must be asking what comes in the box? What you get is the following:

Pictured is 2, but it comes with 1 Bowl (your choice in 14 mm or 18 mm gog connect.) Glass Vape Head is currently offering a hook up to FC members with 30+ postings email him for details.
DSC02129.jpg

and the brain of the operation the G V(glass vape)
il_fullxfull.79163852.jpg

After I unpacked it all and set it up in front of me, it hit me. I might break this new toy, so that was my pretty much my first impression. After handling it though I started seeing how sturdy and well designed the Glss Vape really was.

Simax Borosilicate Glass 2.2 mm is used to make the Glass Vape. This glass is known for its high heat-resistance; a good thing since the Glass Vape will be experience abrupt temperature changes, which could cause thermal shock, which ultimately will destroy your piece.. But as stated earlier, the high heat resistance paired with Glass Vape Head's digital programmed annealing cycle greatly reduces the risk of breakage. So dont be scarred of the flame and hit the glass!

Now as for usage, the design is pretty basic, load bowl......place unit onto water piece, heat the element, enjoy vapor! :D

But yeah there is a learning curve. Especially if you have fear of the flame or of breaking the glass, totally normal, but remember, the science of the glass shows it to be super strong, as I found out.

For my testing with herb load sizes, I loaded the bowl with .10g. The capacity of the bowl is .20g. From the test amount though, I was able to get about 10-11 nice draws from the herbs within 2 heating cycles of the Glass Vape, using a diffused bubbler. This would of course vary on the actual heating time and rate of draw and other variables.

For the sake of efficiency testing, I did attempt a load of .025, which as most know is the load size of a Purple Days. The load actually provided a nice phat cloud. Now on the note of efficiency, any vape will be more efficient than combustion, but this was not the intended purpose of this vape either. But yes, I was able to get one nice good cloud from the .025g.

The heating process took some learning, but was not as scary as I had first imagined it would be. The inventor recommends a Ronson Tech Torch, but I already owned a Bernozmatic Micro Torch and a two pen torches, so I did not reinvent the wheel. With the Bernzo, the Vape required about 80-90 seconds of torch time to get it hot enough to produce vapor. With my Mag-Torch pen torch it actually took about 75-80 seconds to get the unit hot enough. In the videos posted, i did experience problems with the Bernzo, so I might go ahead and invest in the Ronson torch to see if it makes a difference

Heating: :evil:
Once you have your torch lit what you want to do is heat the inside ring of the donut
DSC02134.jpg
, this allows the flame to also heat the second donut and the air path at the back of the vape. As far as technique, I make slow circles with the flame for about 80 or so seconds, letting the flame ride the inside edge of the donut before attempting the first draw.

This next step takes some practice, but its easy once you have it. As you begin your first draw, keep the flame pointed at the center of the donut. This will heat the air path at the back of the vape. Once you feel comfortable that you are getting vapor, you can stop the flame. After you start drawing air thru the unit, it of course will start to cool. The heat stored in the glass is enough to take ab]]out 3-5 draws,.

Once you start to take your first toke is when you realize that all the "work" was worth it. The TASTE! Just like any other vape, the first pull is always the tastiest, but not all vapes can say that u can taste the full flavor of the herb throughout the whole vape session. From beginning to end, every vape session I have had so far leave me wanting more. You can actually taste the different flavors in the bud that come together to give it the overall smell/taste. The current blend actually has a taste that can only be described as mango-citrus.

After your 5th toke you will need to reheat, this is also a good time to stir the bowl to redistribute the herbs. On this next round of fire you dont need to hold the flame to the glass for the entire 90 seconds, unless you let the unit get completely cold. The reheat time can vary any where from 20 - 40 seconds, but again this greatly depends on how cool you let it get.

As for ABV, ever session has been giving me a nicely toasted abv, the odd part is that the herb still has lots of color to it. The overall look of the herb is a golden color, but again lots of green still in it. Ive even tried holding more flame time to the glass, but still get the same result. I will be takin more pics of the abv to show

All in all I have to say that the Glass Vape has been a very pleasurable experience; that is, after the initial fears of it being a totally glass vape. (note: the only non glass portion would be the screen in the bowl, but this will soon change as i have ordered the roor glass gauze). The vaporizer is able to produce nice vapor clouds, in combination with a good ice tube, for those looking for the ultimate herbal taste experience. I would aslo recommend that you purchase an additional bowl and a bowl stand. These will help protect your investment as they give you a safer place to display/rest your Glass Vape between session. One cool little note here....on detailed inspection of the piece i found that GV for Glass Vape have been stamped into the first two horns on the Glass Vape., a nice mni artsy touch.

About the inventor. Glass Vape Head has been melting Glass for over 10 years and working hard on Vape development for 4 to 5 years. He is also the original inventor and developer of the Hot Glass Vape, which has been used as a model for other heat wands. Glass Vape head express a great interest in not being attached to wires or potentially faulty electronics. You can check out more of his work at glasspipes.org(known as SUrf Rat) at http://www.glasspipes.org/SurfRat

Ive been in communication with the inventor and have asked about accessories, and he does make tubes that work well with the design of the Glass Vape, along with a line of other glass vape on the go products. all of which will soon be on display. He also has super heady versions of the Glass Vape w/ artwork on the handle and also says that he can make a custom piece upon request.

As for warranty.....well, everyone who has bought glass knows that once you bought it, its in you're hands. Glass Vape Head stands 110% behind the Glass Vape and its construction and can address issues as they arise.
:ninja:

All that being said, if you like glass, art, vape, and herbal good taste, buy it, I did and its more than working for me and for $150 it is a steal.

Please feel free to ask questions or comment on anything I wrote. I will try to reply asap

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

purplechango,

purplechango

I got so comfortable with the torch that I can now use my Pen torch, and my micro torch......makes for a faster heat up and awesome quick session

:D :o :ninja:

purplechango,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Right on, purplechango! Thanks for the write up and vids, looks like a fun toy, my interest is piqued now. :D

So it would work ok on a tube where the bowl is on an angle? Both the 14 and 18 bowls fit the same main piece? Looks like the taper joint makes a good seal.

@ Glass Vape Head, thanks for stopping by, always nice to have an old school vape head in the house. Still making the Hot Glass Vape?

vtac,

purplechango

Hey vtac, yeah man so far the Glass Vape has taken care of me. Nice to look at and does well delivering the goods. :brow: Some have said it looks cumbersome or like too much work, but for those who like to tinker here and there, the Glass Vape works awesome!

As for the beaker tube in the pic, I have not tried it, but i think it would work great. The way the main body of the Glass Vape would rest would be ideal because you would be looking down into the donut as you heat it. You could even pivot the piece to fit a more comfortable operating position.

The 14 and 18 mm bowls are interchangeable with the main body, so if you have different glass pieces you want to experiment with, then the option is there without having to pay for two Glass Vapes, but I dont think Glass Vape Head would mind if you invested twice though ;) . And yeah, the taper joint does have a tight fitting seal, wont move unless you want it to and the air path to the vape is not disrupted.

Very well thought out and designed vape. i cant wait to see his on the go line of glass vapes!

purplechango,

Jacopone

I have playing with the Glass Vape for a couple of days and I am so happy I have it.
There is no much I can add to the posts of purplechango. I agree with most of his observation. One think I can add to what he said is that no matter how much you heat the glass element you cannot burn the herbs in the chamber. I tried to see the limits but I always got good milky vapor out of it.....:brow::o

purplechango

Word Jacopone

I was begining to think that I was the only one with it :| . . The Glass Vape is in a league of its own IMO. Now Ive gotten toooo comfortable with the torch. I actually was able to scorch some herbs, even started to get blue smoke

This just goes to show how heat resistant the Glass Vape is, it knows how to stay cool. :cool:

purplechango,

marcuss

above the clouds
i really like this Glass Vape.....well done Glass Vape Head!! I'm happy you had this nice and simple idea....i love simplicity and this vape will enter directly in my glass vapes collection very soon.....i love the glass experience too soo....you have a fan already:)

good work purplechango...you are the man! I'm sure you and Jacopone are only the first of a long list.....just don't go out the Vapor zone ;) ........smoke is always behind the corner!!

marcuss,

Glass Vape Head

Manufacturer
High All,
Great write up Purplechango! looks like you need a tube for that vape, so ya can try vaping with Ice and no water. Let me know and I'll get ya sorted out!

Glass Vape Head,

purplechango

Yes sirrrr, deff gonna have to hit you up, that is if ur not too busy makin all those GV's for sale :2c: :2c: :2c: But for sure, Ill PM u to get things goin.

I just recently started noticing that my flame is going crappy. I brought this up in the FC chat room, and it seems there is a combination of things going on here.

1. The butane is key to keeping a good flame and a running torch, so dont skimp and buy the cheap stuff as it will end up clogging the torch..... Plus, the cheap stuff has lots of impurities. ( There have been lots of suggestions as to brands of butane, but depending on where u are located you might find some or others)

2. Having a sturdy torch. The Bernzomatic I used in the video, is/was descent, but because of the above mentioned reason, my torch is gone to torch heaven. I started noticing that the flame was softer and softer, even when on full blast setting. (The one so far that has been overall recommended by the FC community is the BLAZER torch)

Also there have been questions about the temp and what not. This is my answer to this, yes we do operate with temps and there are some that like to "micro regulate" the temp on their vape, but this is not the vape for "temp controlability".

The Glass vape is more for the connoisseur. If you know abut specializing in anything, which we canna users do; One tends to develop a technique, weather it was your rolling(when combusting), the way u dry ur herbs, whatever..... soooooo on that note i dont see a need in temp control, as it takes away from the fine tuned experience....

Hope this helps someone..... Hit me back if i didnt make sense.

:ninja:

purplechango,

Glass Vape Head

Manufacturer
here are some heady Glass vapes. The amber honey comb set is not available. pm me for details on the rest.

11khypt.jpg

msc1og.jpg

2hi2fl5.jpg

Glass Vape Head,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Sooo I got my GV today :brow: , I must say I'm truely impressed. I love it so far.
Very cloudy , easy to use and gives me a nice golden colored abv. Taste
super smooth and very tasty.

Very nice workmanship GlassVapeHead , it's beautiful.

Here's a couple pics so people can get a idea of the size of the device.

The first pic is the GV with a EHLE. 250ml , it sit's about 12" tall

2eycodk.jpg

The next one is with the 100ml , it's about 9" tall

72so4z.jpg

Although I must confess I prefer using my bigger tubes with it. I'll write
more as I familiarize myself with it some more. But I do think this is the
beginning of a beautiful friendship lol. :ko:

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
purplechango:

can you repost these videos please? i just purchased my glass vape based on your input to this thread. i would like to see your technique, as compared to mine. based on what i have read my technique might not be correct. i am new to vaping and my glass vape is only days old, i want it to last forever!

my vape seems to take longer to heat up, cools down quicker, and my abv comes out fairly dark, but consistent with the abv from my iolite. i would like to see the pictures of your abv, if you don't mind posting them.

when you heat it up do you put flame directly on the glass? - i hold mine just so the tip of the faint blue flame is barely touching the glass. is this too far away or too close?

how long do you draw for - 10 seconds or 1 minute?
i seem to draw for as long as i can, 30 seconds or more. i notice the colour changing marks going from red to yellow as i draw. as a result i tend to have the flame pointing at the glass more then it is pointing away from it, to keep the temps up.

I got so comfortable with the torch that I can now use my Pen torch, and my micro torch......makes for a faster heat up and awesome quick session

how long is a quick session? for me to vape 2 or 3 smallish (0.1g) bowls takes half an hour all together! a little too long i think!

notmyrealUSERname,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
2clicker:

i know that you will get those two exact bowls if you order the glass vape :lol:

you could try to get a hold of glass vape head and ask if he'll sell you just the bowls?

notmyrealUSERname,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
notmyrealUSERname said:
can you repost these videos please? i just purchased my glass vape based on your input to this thread. i would like to see your technique, as compared to mine. based on what i have read my technique might not be correct. i am new to vaping and my glass vape is only days old, i want it to last forever!

Last time I spoke to purplechango he told me he had to sell his glass vape. I doubt he still has a copy of the video but you never know. In any event he's a busy man might want to try emailing him through the forum if you want to get a hold of him.

notmyrealUSERname said:
when you heat it up do you put flame directly on the glass? - i hold mine just so the tip of the faint blue flame is barely touching the glass. is this too far away or too close?

The flame must not touch the glass. The tip of the flame should go in the donut hole. You can wiggle it a little bit so you don't heat up a single point.

notmyrealUSERname said:
how long do you draw for - 10 seconds or 1 minute?
i seem to draw for as long as i can, 30 seconds or more. i notice the colour changing marks going from red to yellow as i draw. as a result i tend to have the flame pointing at the glass more then it is pointing away from it, to keep the temps up.

I heat it up for aroung 100 seconds. This will vary with the torch you use. You shouldn't keep a flame on the vape while hitting it. The way its made to be hit is to heat it up , then take a hit. If you brought it up to the correct temp you should get some major cloud action happening.

notmyrealUSERname said:
how long is a quick session? for me to vape 2 or 3 smallish (0.1g) bowls takes half an hour all together! a little too long i think!

That would depend entirety on your tolerance and herbal quality. I usually stuff the bowl with .2 . I don't think the glass vape is the best vape for small amounts , you'd be better off gettting a log vape if you want small bowls.

Out of curiosity , where did you buy yours? Haven't seen glass vape head around for a while now.

Top Bottom