Glass Bowls for Injector Desktops

coolbreeze

looking nice but...
Is that Cocobolo wood resistant to heat? Injector bowls receive a lot of heat... It also looks a little shallow and I can't see it working with the Herborizer, even though they say it does?

Of course there is no 14mm injector version :\
It's resistant, but the injector just sits on the chamfer on the rim so it's only a thin ring of char that forms, same as like the SBL walnut chamber. Not sure how it would fare if the injector fit inside it.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I see ... so you are supposed to hold the injector in position with your coil handle and it doesn't enter the bowl much at all. Yeah, this will give pure convection hits only.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
You get pure convection like that, but a little harder to get blasted as you can do with some pre-heating :brow:

coolbreeze

That works really nicely with glass vapes, you get some conduction/radiation with your convection.
I was thinking more of the glass torch vapes and how some have conduction added to some degree, or the Wunderlampe and how the chamber heats up with the lamp, helping it function and creating part of its vapor signature. With glass bowls you'd have less and with wood none. But it seems like people with the metal shovelhead bowls for instance count on conduction being part of the experience.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I don't get any conduction with any of my injectors using glass bowls it's all pure convection from cloud connoisseur
You would have to leave the hot injector attached to the loaded bowl for a minute or more before inhaling so it is not feasible with all systems. Some of the heat travels down to the glass and then heats up your herb, so when you inhale you get an instant blast of vapor. Probably best to start from cold!

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You would have to leave the hot injector attached to the loaded bowl for a minute or more before inhaling so it is not feasible with all systems. Some of the heat travels down to the glass and then heats up your herb, so when you inhale you get an instant blast of vapor.

Yeah with the ones I have, this isn't possible, the heat doesn't travel down, and the herbs are not that close to the heater anyway

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well, if you leave it on the bowl the heat will travel down the glass and create a hot chamber, in the name of the laws of thermodynamics! It's not enough to vaporize by itself but enough to pre-heat the material for faster vaporisation :)

Shit Snacks

Well, if you leave it on the bowl the heat will travel down the glass and create a hot chamber, in the name of the laws of thermodynamics! It's not enough to vaporize by itself but enough to pre-heat the material for faster vaporisation :)

Disagree, the heat does not travel down through the herbs unless I am inhaling it through the herbs... the heat doesn't naturally flow downwards, it flows back up, heat rises... Most of the conduction happening is all just into the sides of the thick female glass only in my experience

Shit Snacks,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Well, yes, that is what I mean: the glass inevitably gets hot if it touches the hot injector for a while, and heats up the herb and the air inside the chamber. If you only apply the injector on the bowl while inhaling, and then immediately remove it, this won't happen.
Heat rises with hot air or water but will spread in any direction inside solid materials (how far depends on their thermal properties) and will conduct from one object to another if they are in contact.

Someone else posted about pre-heating in the Flowerpot thread a few days ago.

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Well, yes, that is what I mean: the glass inevitably gets hot if it touches the hot injector for a while, and heats up the herb and the air inside the chamber. If you only apply the injector on the bowl while inhaling, and then immediately remove it, this won't happen.
Heat rises with hot air or water but will spread in any direction inside solid materials (how far depends on their thermal properties) and will conduct from one object to another if they are in contact.

Someone else posted about pre-heating in the Flowerpot thread a few days ago.
Atlas works a bit differently from FPs, in my experience. I suspect that is due to the glass injector. I'd recommend you try one if you want to see a quite different experience on radiant heat from the injector on a glass bowl.

I also don't find much conduction added by preheating my glass bowls with the B1, especially compared to the shovelhead.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The B1 may have a shorter nozzle and hence less contact with the bowl?
I'd recommend you try one if you want to see a quite different experience on radiant heat from the injector on a glass bowl.
Well, I have been using glass and quartz injectors exclusively for a while! Now I'm selling the things :)

Some of the heat travels down to the glass and then heats up your herb, so when you inhale you get an instant blast of vapor. Probably best to start from cold!
That last sentence was a brain fart. I was thinking of people using metal injectors and glass bowls, in which case it is probably best NOT to pre-heat at all.
The OHFT injector design seems a bit safer on that front (thermal expansion) because it uses rings rather than just a tapered tube for the nozzle, but I wouldnt risk it unless the bowl was cheap.

These not-too-expensive solid bowls are EXACTLY what i would like to see with 19/14 joint compatibility!

IMG_5765.w1220.h1220.fill.wm.836389c.jpg
IMG_5774.w1220.h1220.fill.wm.836389c.jpg

I am on it!

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Shit Snacks

Some new 18-18 bowls available at Good Vibes Boro now, simple colored handles

Shit Snacks,

jbm

Some new 18-18 bowls available at Good Vibes Boro now, simple colored handles
i don’t really like his designs, but it doesn’t help that his website is really bad. Everything just dumped into one category of “Shop.” And a search box buried at the bottom of the page that returns no results no matter what you search for.

Shit Snacks

i don’t really like his designs, but it doesn’t help that his website is really bad. Everything just dumped into one category of “Shop.” And a search box buried at the bottom of the page that returns no results no matter what you search for.

I passed on your feedback about the website, I like to look at everything available personally, so that never occurred to me... In the past I had shared direct links here

Another one already sold, but these are sort of a new style, definitely look quite different from the ones I have from him, which I really love and are the only ones I use pretty much

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
It is possible to use a 14mm injector with a 19mm bowl effectively by creating a 14mm glass "dosing capsule" out of a cheap low profile 19/14 adapter and a 3/4 inch screen folded into a funnel shape and wedged inside, and inserting it in your 19mm bowl. The inside of the adapter is of course a ground glass joint so there is no problem getting the screen to stick.

IMG20230622171038.jpg
IMG20230622165117.jpg

mixchu69

Has anyone found a good glass bowl that puts the load closer for injectors. I saw a few posts where ppl DIY to get it closer but does anyone know of an injector bowl for the DC-elevator that will put the load closer. I have both of the bowls from 7th floor but would like one closer.

Maybe I should put in custom order to GVB.

coolbreeze

Has anyone found a good glass bowl that puts the load closer for injectors. I saw a few posts where ppl DIY to get it closer but does anyone know of an injector bowl for the DC-elevator that will put the load closer. I have both of the bowls from 7th floor but would like one closer.

Maybe I should put in custom order to GVB.
For the elev8r, put a screen in the grind; you can do this with some adapters, as well:
IMG-5958.jpg
IMG-5959.jpg

I've pushed it down to the bottom of the grind for the B0 and that's pretty nice.

Top Bottom