Discontinued Ghost MV1

sweetherb

I'll ask about them about doing some testing. The latest units returned were very inconsistent on how many crucibles before overheating. Sometimes 1 crucible, sometimes 3 or 4. No real pattern to it.

It's typical for me to go through 3 or 4 crucibles worth of herb in a row. Sometimes I'll role almost twice that pretty quick. That's by myself. And that's with as good of herb that's available in Washington state.

Two reasons: I'd rather be high out of my mind, on cannabis, than feel pain (not that flower really can get me stupid high like it use to) or take something stronger, like an opioid. I've had some past surgeries/injuries that mean pain will never go away. Pain will literally drive u nuts over time...

Second, sometimes after work I just want/need to shut off work and my brain. I'm a litigator and having 30 or so clients problems (and opposing counsel's ridiculous antics) constantly rolling through my mind--all night--isn't healthy for me. My wife says before trials she sometimes wakes up to me tossing and rolling and talking to myself in my sleep, for example. I'm super competitive and I hate to lose hearings let alone trials. If my mind had it's way, it would never stop thinking, and rethinking, about things I can do to help clients or win.

The only vaporizer that I've found i can't just keep hitting is an Evo/cloud hooked up to large sized bong.

When I'm with friends, we can easily go through 10 crucibles worth of herb in a row....

So, I'll just be happy if the new unit can do 4 or 5 crucibles in a row... my hopes and expectations have been lowered since this will be unit number 5....

Given the amount of pain you are dealing with, I would suggest a desktop unit over a portable. There are several vapes out there that can deliver the dose you need in one or two hits.

I do not know any portable that will stand up to 4 full loads back to back regularly.

Just a thought.

Brewervapesalot

Totally agree that desktops are better. Portables are just more convenient. I get tired of being tied to a plug as sitting for lengths of time aggravates/worsens pain (plus all you do is think about it).

Ploom (pax) with its warranty has been a real blessing. I can move about, stretch, rehab, work in the shop, vape, and keep my mind on positive things. I've gone through probably well over half a dozen pax's.

The ghost with its warranty and ability to hit harder I'm hoping is the ticket!

I'm growing a very high CBD strain (with basically low/no THC) so I'm hoping this will be a game changer.

jezmund

@HerbGarden29 welcome to vaping. Ghost could work as your first vape but depending on your priorities I’m not sure I’d choose it as my only vape.

I’ve had it for a week and really like it. (Challenges with first use but not after). I also have the Davinci IQ I like for different reasons.

After having owned and sold FF2, Mighty, Pax 2, the Ghost and IQ are my favorites.

Enano desktop through a water piece is still the primo vapor for me when I feel like dealing with that whole setup.

The FF2 was my first portable. Didn’t realize how much work I had to do to get and hope for vapor. When I got a Pax it was just so simple and easy to use but didn’t love the vapor. The IQ solved both those issues for me.

The Ghost vapor is great. On demand convection is cool. However if I only had one, the Davinci IQ probably checks more boxes. Vapor is very good, simple to use, can hand it to anyone without explanation, and is very small for on the go.

Also, I like to microdose, less than .05g. I have no problems with that amount in IQ with the spacers. So the “session” length is all I wanted to vape anyway. And the fact that it’s a “session vape” is kind of a moot point.

I also can pack half a crucible (.05g) in the Ghost too.

I’m happy to have both but realize that having two is kind of a luxury.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Fair criticism. Interface doesnt both me as much but that doesn't mean its the best.

I still miss having one... waiting... want powerful cool vapor from a portable.

But I did love the pax 2 at a concert tonight. Mv1 couldn't go through security like that... Pax 2 just goes in the key dish with the sunglasses and no secuiry guy knows or cares the difference.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Fair criticism. Interface doesnt both me as much but that doesn't mean its the best.

I still miss having one... waiting... want powerful cool vapor from a portable.

But I did love the pax 2 at a concert tonight. Mv1 couldn't go through security like that... Pax 2 just goes in the key dish with the sunglasses and no secuiry guy knows or cares the difference.
I genuinely do like my Firefly 2, and as far as portability it’s great. The vapor is exceptionally tasty and smooth. There are two issues with it that are big deals to me is the constant stirring and the very difficult pull resistance. Other than that it’s rock solid. I would include the cost of at least the external battery charger into the price though. If you’re into concentrates, it’s SICK!

I think for a concert I would want to use my G-Pen Elite. It is very concealable. It has plenty of charge. I wouldn’t mind if it did get lost or confiscated. What really pushes it over the top of my Mighty and Crafty is the HUGE crucible. At 0.75 gram loads it may very well last me through the night, and if I was inclined to share, again the crucible is HUGE!

luke00978

Its weird the ghost seems to be a great vape that people love to hate on. It's like the exact opposite of the hopper. A peice of shit with much praise . either way my ghost works well had taken over the mighty as my every day hitter and made me sell off both my tubos as they were rendered pointless . it will probably break now I've praised it ofcourse .

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I have been having serious battery problems as of late. I now have to pull the battery to reset it for every crucible. It is very important to note that I bought my Ghost used so the batteries may not have been charged correctly when new so I’m not hating on them. I’m just wondering if anyone else has or had this issue, and were able to fix. I use the fast charger to alternate charging two batteries.

acstorfer,

luke00978

Haha take it the royal mails are going slow then. The ghost is better without water no doubt. Hoppers were to hot for me without water. Your hopper is fine but my silver one was so bad I eventually got refunded after it was in repair for 6 months. Put me off them all together

Brewervapesalot

Its weird the ghost seems to be a great vape that people love to hate on. It's like the exact opposite of the hopper. A peice of shit with much praise . either way my ghost works well had taken over the mighty as my every day hitter and made me sell off both my tubos as they were rendered pointless . it will probably break now I've praised it ofcourse .

I don't love to hate on Ghost. In fact, I want the unit to work for me! I have had 4 non working units. Ghost's customer service has been very good. Anyone buying should know:

1. There's a probably better than average chance of an issue, but,

2. Ghost will sort it out.

Bottom line is that most of the criticisms I've read and seen in review videos are fair points, maybe sometimes overstated, but that's just the frustration of not having a working unit.

I disagree with some critics that the design and/or interface is poorly designed. I tend to like it. I like removal crucibles for cleaning. I would prefer normal buttons with labels like "on/off" and "temperature" and "battery life" but the interface works fine.

Other criticism is also warranted:

1. My units did overheat.
2. My battery did break.
3. My cooling assembly did leak air.
4. My units did cause a charring taste.
5. My units did make annoying noise when heating. This is troubling if can be fixed by an upgraded heater. But I understand cost concerns for a new company.
6. The units do have to be assembled correctly and cooling assembly is a bit cumbersome. You never get a great feeling its put together tightly. You just have cover the bottom holes and pull, and feel suction, to ensure its air tight.
7. Performance drops as battery depletes.
8. Crucible packs have to be just right. Error on too little herb. Dryness of herb is factor it appears sometimes. Also make sure to clean stainless crucible lids often. Dont let herb be on crucible rim between crucible and stainless lid.
9. Persnickety. The unit is just temperamental if anything isnt perfectly set up.

That all said, why I love the unit:

1. Performance. When it works it makes outstanding cool vapor. And its portable or at least its movable with no plug!
2. Efficiency. It use less herb and gets you medicated quickly.
3. Comfort. It feels outstanding in my hand and once assembled at the right heat setting, its easy to use.
4. Battery life. Even though performance drops as battery depletes, it's good battery life before that point.
5. Taste. Top notch taste.
6. Big clouds. Big clouds at multiple heat settings.

MinnBobber

Hi,
Anybody mod their crucibles by adding a fine wire screen in the bottom of the crucible?
Those stock crucible holes are way too big for my liking---- a fine screen helps to make sure none of that
fine dust ABV goes down into Ghost innards :)

Or if you have not, could anyone try adding a screen and report back if it impacts vapor performance in any way.
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: elykpeace

elykpeace

exVASted
Hi,
Anybody mod their crucibles by adding a fine wire screen in the bottom of the crucible?
Those stock crucible holes are way too big for my liking---- a fine screen helps to make sure none of that
fine dust ABV goes down into Ghost innards :)

Or if you have not, could anyone try adding a screen and report back if it impacts vapor performance in any way.
Thanks
I did from day one. I cut it oval and Never worried about bits dropping through then . Also would flip my cruicble instead of stirring just be careful to not dump the load out when opening the oven door

MinnBobber

Also would flip my cruicble instead of stirring just be careful to not dump the load out when opening the oven door
Thanks @elykpeace as I try to put a secondary fine screen in all chamber bottoms.
??What exactly is flipping your crucible?? Shake it? Switch ends 180 degrees?

MinnBobber,

elykpeace

exVASted
Thanks @elykpeace as I try to put a secondary fine screen in all chamber bottoms.
??What exactly is flipping your crucible?? Shake it? Switch ends 180 degrees?

Cruicble needs to be cooled somewhat but I opened the door pull the crucible out . Flip over the mv1 and put it in so when it's closed the metal lid is coil side down.. :freak:

Worked for me but ghost didn't like the idea? Said it could get overheated but I think with my improved airflow from the SS screen in the bottom of my crucible it worked out nice .. lid rarely needed cleaning and the bottom a quick sweep to remove debris from the cruicble wall :tup:

Brewervapesalot

Cruicble needs to be cooled somewhat but I opened the door pull the crucible out . Flip over the mv1 and put it in so when it's closed the metal lid is coil side down.. :freak:

Worked for me but ghost didn't like the idea? Said it could get overheated but I think with my improved airflow from the SS screen in the bottom of my crucible it worked out nice .. lid rarely needed cleaning and the bottom a quick sweep to remove debris from the cruicble wall :tup:

They should have ceramic lid...

jezmund

My Ghost has a 15s heating shut off on levels 1-5, but the auto shutoff is 30s on concentrate level 6. Just wanted to confirm - Is that how yours works?

Last edited:
jezmund,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Randy from puffitup has a short IG stream published wherein he uses the Ghost. So if anyone wants to see the clouds this produces, check it out. The stream is funny -- he tells about his worst vape return ever, & informative, like S&B is coming out with a new vape & a new flower & dab vape. It's only up for the next 7 hours.

MinnBobber

Randy from puffitup has a short IG stream published wherein he uses the Ghost.

I rarely use IG. I signed up to follow PIU. Is that short IG MV-1
stream now gone? Any way to still see it?
Why would it only be up for a few hours, pray tell???
Really like to see it !!!
Thanks

MinnBobber,

Summer

Long Island, NY
A stream can be published for 24 hours after the livestream ends if the streamer chooses to put it up. The 24 hours ran out so it's gone. How's it going with your Ghost, @MinnBobber?

Top Bottom