Discontinued Ghost MV1

The MV1 loves some prerolls.

Some are ground a bit too finely but many are ground just right. All of them ground more consistently then any of my grinders can do. I have been especially impressed by Fireline and Artizen here in Washington State. They are a bit cheaper than the regular flower grams and from what I can tell these prerolls are just as potent and flavorful as the nugs. They are also very easy/quick to load into the crucibles.

So what I note is that these very consistent grinds give very consistent results. Up to the introduction of prerolls into my regimen I got great extraction and results but every time was an adventure in that I did not know how the draws would turn out. I could always get full extraction if I turned to two red lights but if I started with 2 yellows sometimes the extraction was good but other times it seemed to not be and I would raise the heat to get the desired results.

My conclusion is that this device is very sensitive to grind. Grind does not defeat u as this device is capable of overcoming most grind/packing issue through its considerable power. On the preroll I generally
get 3 draw at level 2 maybe 1-2 at level 3 and then 1 or (if it still does not taste spent) 2 at full out.

Topic 2 - Cleaning crucibles.

I clean them with a toothbrush and iso and then I leave them overnight in denatured alcohol and then have been using a magic eraser to try to get it back to virgin white. I have been using the same crucibles since September and do not notice any degradation of them.

Just recently I have been using a very strong solution of PBW. I put the crucibles in a glass jar
and put them in the microwave for 35 seconds to get the solution very hot. This seems to work better than the alcohol at removing all the stains and my crucibles are now almost new looking. As of now I am sure that the alcohol and brushing regimen does not hurt the crucibles at least over a considerable period of time. I have just been using the PBW for two weeks so I am not sure yet what if any long term effects will be.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
The MV1 loves some prerolls.

Some are ground a bit too finely but many are ground just right. All of them ground more consistently then any of my grinders can do. I have been especially impressed by Fireline and Artizen here in Washington State. They are a bit cheaper than the regular flower grams and from what I can tell these prerolls are just as potent and flavorful as the nugs. They are also very easy/quick to load into the crucibles.

So what I note is that these very consistent grinds give very consistent results. Up to the introduction of prerolls into my regimen I got great extraction and results but every time was an adventure in that I did not know how the draws would turn out. I could always get full extraction if I turned to two red lights but if I started with 2 yellows sometimes the extraction was good but other times it seemed to not be and I would raise the heat to get the desired results.

My conclusion is that this device is very sensitive to grind. Grind does not defeat u as this device is capable of overcoming most grind/packing issue through its considerable power. On the preroll I generally
get 3 draw at level 2 maybe 1-2 at level 3 and then 1 or (if it still does not taste spent) 2 at full out.

Topic 2 - Cleaning crucibles.

I clean them with a toothbrush and iso and then I leave them overnight in denatured alcohol and then have been using a magic eraser to try to get it back to virgin white. I have been using the same crucibles since September and do not notice any degradation of them.

Just recently I have been using a very strong solution of PBW. I put the crucibles in a glass jar
and put them in the microwave for 35 seconds to get the solution very hot. This seems to work better than the alcohol at removing all the stains and my crucibles are now almost new looking. As of now I am sure that the alcohol and brushing regimen does not hurt the crucibles at least over a considerable period of time. I have just been using the PBW for two weeks so I am not sure yet what if any long term effects will be.
I’ve been having no issues using a medium grind. What’s bothering me are the batteries (I had to figure out a trick), and sometimes I get herb that takes up to a couple days of being ground and left out to dry to be usable in the MV1. It’s still an early science so I’m not expecting perfection. When this thing works right (which it does most of the time) nothing else hits like it. It’s insane. As far as crucibles, I have 4 (but I leave one in the box just in case). I use them through the day. Every morning before I walk my dog I throw them and the heat sink in ipa. I walk him for an hour, I take a shower, I rinse them in water, I let them dry, and I’m good until the next day.

Some changes I want to see in my Ghost MV1

I want them to make a heat sink that will support various sized crucibles. A small crucible is great for conservation, but usually they feel like they should last longer. I do admit that I am not just use to crucibles, but I actually prefer them. I use the lil cages for my Mighty as well. I keep them packed all around my condo in all the places I hang out.

Just let the batteries be batteries. They are better off not being smart. A new battery and fast charger will set you back $120.00. With that money you can just buy a load of batteries so they don’t have to last 100+ draws. Of course of those 100 draws only about 30 are awesome. I usually swap batteries at two bars. I wish there was a way to see battery percentage remaining, instead of guessing how far in a bar you are. Not even the app does that.

I would love to see an optional secured lid for the crucibles. Pack up a few crucibles, throw em in your pocket, and don’t think about them. I don’t want to buy another accessory for me to securely hold packed crucibles. People shouldn’t have to.

Since the crucibles are so small I’d love to see a mechanism where you can preload several crucibles and reload them like a revolver.

I wish I had control over the colors of the lights.

Way too many accessories that should be included. For someone who uses like me, a spare battery, the fast charger are absolutely critical. The extra crucibles are worth buying, but at least Ghost gives away two. They should come with a couple spare lids though. At least one extra mouthpiece should be included.

I’m not kidding, I want a lightsaber version! I would buy one, even though I already own a Ghost. If you can make a thinner model then a sonic screwdriver would be great as well.

Nothing major. It’s already way ahead of my Firefly 2 and Mighty (both of which are excellent) in my opinion. These are just things I’d like to see in the next generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foretwintee

If you don't mind a plug in unit, get a Vapexhale Evo (or prior version Cloud).

These units are on demand convection (after warming up) and there are NO rules to these units:

--Pack doesnt matter so long as you can pull.

--Temp doesnt matter, just set what you want. Obviously bigger clouds the higher the temp, but the highest temps taste amazing still. And low temps have big ass clouds too (bigger than most any MV1 cloud).

--Pull strength doesnt matter (bongs require a little draw strength but that is just because youre pulling through water).

--Cleanliness doesn't matter so as not clogged from not maintaining the crucibles/baskets at all for many loads.

--Taste is better than Ghost MV1, and most any other vaporizer.

--Clouds are the biggest in the business.

I was hoping the MV1 would be like a battery operated Evo. It's not. It's great (when it works), but it is no Evo. Close on good draws, but usability, taste, maintenance, clouds, and every other category fall short.

The only complaint I have with an Evo is some units whistle a bit. MV1 ain't silent though, so it's close to draw there. My cloud units do not whistle at all.

If I had to have one vaporizer, it's an Evo/cloud all day, seven days a week, twice on Sunday. Way better than a MV1, volcano, mighty, etc, just not portable.

Just read the forum on the Evo. The entire forum's posts, now, are basically people loving the units.... MV1, and most any other vaporizer, definately loses that category too.

That all said, maybe your talking portable vaporizers??

Hot draw is my main complaint with vapcap. It tickles/burns the throat. Using a flame is no longer my thing either around other people. Feels like a crack pipe because my wife and friends call my vapcaps "the crack pipe." Also, listening for the click is annoying and/or impossible with any social situation or moderate noise in the room.

That said, however, I do really like these a lot when by myself. Totally like smoking a joint.

Maybe I'll try one with water hooked up to cool the vapor... @Summer has focused my attention on an induction heater, so that could change things, I have to say..

Just got my induction heater. Through water is great!

Brewervapesalot

I have just been using the PBW for two weeks so I am not sure yet what if any long term effects will be.

PBW is just fine for glass, ceramic, and stainless steel. It's just a mild caustic. I've used commercial caustic (stronger PBW) on the above materials for almost 20 years and it's great. It's strongest at removing lipids but works well enough on most anything organic.

Silicone, vinyl, and rubber is okay too IME.

Also, still waiting on my MV1, repair or replace since about June 26. Hit the Evo/Cloud hard most of this time. Real nice. MV1 has big shoes to fill.

Tonight I pulled out the firefly 2. Man: flavor, flavor, flavor.

I figure my taste buds are ready to make an MV1 review :)

Gotta say neither the Evo/Cloud or firefly 2 ever overheated!

Last edited:

Foretwintee

PBW is just fine for glass, ceramic, and stainless steel. It's just a mild caustic. I've used commercial caustic (stronger PBW) on the above materials for almost 20 years and it's great. It's strongest at removing lipids but works well enough on most anything organic.

Silicone, vinyl, and rubber is okay too IME.

Also, still waiting on my MV1, repair or replace since about June 26. Hit the Evo/Cloud hard most of this time. Real nice. MV1 has big shoes to fill.

Tonight I pulled out the firefly 2. Man: flavor, flavor, flavor.

I figure my taste buds are ready to make an MV1 review :)

Gotta say neither the Evo/Cloud or firefly 2 ever overheated!

I love pulling out the Evo especially with the lynx bubbler and whip.... flavor country

Brewervapesalot

Still waiting on a repair or replace, 20 days since I put in the mail to return. The only update is that they're evaluating the units. No rush, really. Been enjoying other products (none of them overheated). Bought a competitor's new product, thinking about buying another's too.

Last edited:

HerbGarden29

I've been lurking the thread for a while, and I think I am ready to pull the trigger on this device. I am going to be a first time vaper (In fact, I've never even smoked before. My experience is with some chocolate edibles I picked up at a rec dispensary), so I have literally no experience whatsoever. For this particular vape and some of the evolution it has gone through, am I best served by purchasing direct from Ghost?

Thanks, and I look forward to providing some feedback.

HerbGarden29,

elykpeace

exVASted
@VCBud are you still doing the buy back- @HerbGarden29 I would look into a more entry level vape if it's your first go around ... Something you need no experience to use. Although the ghost ia a wonderful device I wouldn't recommend to someone with no experience vaping if vapecritic (@VCBud ) is still doing a trial period you could always go that route but I'm not sure he is anymore?

ginolicious

@VCBud are you still doing the buy back- @HerbGarden29 I would look into a more entry level vape if it's your first go around ... Something you need no experience to use. Although the ghost ia a wonderful device I wouldn't recommend to someone with no experience vaping if vapecritic (@VCBud ) is still doing a trial period you could always go that route but I'm not sure he is anymore?

Don’t think he is.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Summer

I've been lurking the thread for a while, and I think I am ready to pull the trigger on this device. I am going to be a first time vaper (In fact, I've never even smoked before. My experience is with some chocolate edibles I picked up at a rec dispensary), so I have literally no experience whatsoever. For this particular vape and some of the evolution it has gone through, am I best served by purchasing direct from Ghost?

I love me MV1 but I could not recommend it as a first vape. We probably need to hear more particulars to help to try to pick the right vape(s) for @HerbGarden29. The "mighty" "Solo II" are pretty much winners for everybody. Convection vapes seem to be always a bit tricky.

HerbGarden29

I love me MV1 but I could not recommend it as a first vape. We probably need to hear more particulars to help to try to pick the right vape(s) for @HerbGarden29. The "mighty" "Solo II" are pretty much winners for everybody. Convection vapes seem to be always a bit tricky.

Maximizing flavor is particularly important, but as a novice, equally important is being able to limit the amount used at any one time. A session type device is not something I anticipate needing or wanting any time soon. I had originally considered the Solo II, but I was concerned that even the 1/2 basket might be a little more than I need/want at once.

I do not want to get off topic though, so if need be, I can start a new thread elsewhere. Thanks for the opinions.

hinglemccringleberry

More reasons I'm happy with the Dynavap. Wet herb, dry herb, and everywhere in between. No finicky details of use.
Not sure how this can be, my Dynavap gives lackluster performance with moist herb. Its night and day compared to dried herb, it's like a different vape.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: arb

Brewervapesalot

Pax 2 is a great first vape you will never outgrow as it's always nice on the go. Only $150.00...

Any vape should struggle with wet herb. Some do not. Vapcap's are losing my luster to the point I sold one and have the other up for sale. I just can't do the flame thing anymore... also the vapor is too hot and I dont want a portable that requires water

MinnBobber

Maximizing flavor is particularly important, but as a novice, equally important is being able to limit the amount used at any one time. A session type device is not something I anticipate needing or wanting any time soon. I had originally considered the Solo II, but I was concerned that even the 1/2 basket might be a little more than I need/want at once.

I do not want to get off topic though, so if need be, I can start a new thread elsewhere. Thanks for the opinions.
..................................................................................
@HerbGarden29 I think you are on topic----is the MV-1 a good match for you?

?? Are you saying that you would still consider Ghost for its strengths, even though it may take some extra technique, especially for a vape newbie??

Cuz IMO, even for a newbie (the right newbie)---the MV-1 could be a good choice. It really delivers remarkably smooth and tolerable vapor without a water bubbler. It has many strong points

I'd suggest you browse the miniVAP thread as that's a much easier vape to use/learn AND it is #1 in taste and #1 in how efficient and #1 in needing the least cleaning and only vape that is a battery portable AND AC desktop.

To not derail--PM me if you have ?? about miniVAP.

Both are top tier pieces.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!

Sorry, you’re about to hear it again. I LOVE my MV1. It is my favorite vape! That being said, it had a huge learning curve! Seriously had me pissed off for the 38 hours it took me to learn to use it. Remember I had a crafty, and firefly 2 (and several cheaper vapes), and the MV1 was still a bitch to figure out. Dynavap M should be everyone’s first vape. It works amazingly well. It’s downr cheap. It’s really hands on to give you more insight to vaping.

Even though my MV1 is my favorite by far, for the price I’d go with my Mighty if I could only have one vaporizer. Well actually probably my Firefly 2. No, the Mighty. For me anyway, it just always works. There’s no finesse needed. Pack it, turn it on, inhale. Because it’s part convection I turn it off several times per pack. While the Mighty isn’t close to taste of the MV1, and even further away from the Firefly 2, it tastes better than most vaporizers, and again it just always seem to work. Now a huge reason not to buy a Mighty, for $300.00 it better have a removable battery. That really does suck, and can completely be a dealbreaker. I bought my Mighty at hour 36 of my MV1. Two hours later, I possibly wouldn’t have ordered the Mighty. Who am I kidding? I like shiny things and the Mighty is pretty legendary.

If you do go with the MV1 make sure you have good herb for it. You want at least 20% active ingredient or else each crucible goes just to quick.

Baron23

So, you are brand new to marijuana and vaping both, right? If so, I agree with the above....I have two MV1's, love them, but they are NOT a starter vape IMO.

I get it that you don't think you are a session vaporist.....so that leaves out the Mighty except that the dosing capsules hold about .15 g. That's still too much?

Does it need to be a portable. I have portables but I'm 65 and don't' really go out and about vaping very much. Mostly I use plug in desktops at home and if that works for you, then you are a definite candidate for a good log vape like an Enano. Full convection. Take as many or as little number of draws as you like. Runs great on .05 g. All glass air path (well, there is a basket screen in there) and tastes great. And no technique is needed. If you can breath in, you can use a good log vape.

Just my opinion.

ginolicious

Yeah I truly believe @HerbGarden29 should get himself a different kind of vape. Any on demand convection can be a little annoying at times. But eh if you are willing to learn and understand you are gonna have some sub par sessions before you grt the hang of it, then maybe jump in on the Ghost.

Brewervapesalot

Argo is a cheaper vape he should consider. I just bought one, waiting on it. $183 with coupon shipped from vapeworld. Convection like in that all the arizer portables are pretty efficient and have good flavor.

That all said, those with working MV1's do love 'em. Follow instructions posted here and it will likely work!

Brewervapesalot

Heard back from Ghost:

"Hello [Brewervapesalot],

The evaluations of both units have been concluded and we found the following:

1. SN: ****58453: The unit began to overheat on the 1st crucible using the following temperature setting: Herb - Fav 1: 1 red light and on the 1st draw.
  2. SN:*****58546: The unit did not produce any vapor production on any temperature setting.
We sincerely apologize that you received two faulty units. We would be more than happy to send you a replacement unit that has been tested to ensure that the unit is working properly. Is this a suitable solution for you? I look forward to hearing from you!"

Gotta say I'm honestly excited to get an MV1 in my hands despite the reliability issues. When it works, it's truly a very nice vaporizer, and has made a positive impression on me!

Plus it's a new product, and a new company, so issues I can't say I did not expect. The customer service has been very good overall, and excellent as to the point warranty service has cost me zero dollars. Not many companies do it this way....

Bottom line is I've been using other very nice vaporizers and still can't wait to get this back in my hands... One reason I think is I really like the tasty cooler vapor from a portable without need for water...

Baron23

Heard back from Ghost:

"Hello [Brewervapesalot],

The evaluations of both units have been concluded and we found the following:

1. SN: ****58453: The unit began to overheat on the 1st crucible using the following temperature setting: Herb - Fav 1: 1 red light and on the 1st draw.
  2. SN:*****58546: The unit did not produce any vapor production on any temperature setting.
We sincerely apologize that you received two faulty units. We would be more than happy to send you a replacement unit that has been tested to ensure that the unit is working properly. Is this a suitable solution for you? I look forward to hearing from you!"

Gotta say I'm honestly excited to get an MV1 in my hands despite the reliability issues. When it works, it's truly a very nice vaporizer, and has made a positive impression on me!

Plus it's a new product, and a new company, so issues I can't say I did not expect. The customer service has been very good overall, and excellent as to the point warranty service has cost me zero dollars. Not many companies do it this way....

Bottom line is I've been using other very nice vaporizers and still can't wait to get this back in my hands... One reason I think is I really like the tasty cooler vapor from a portable without need for water...
Sorry about your two bad units, but I'm not sure I have ever seen a vape manf specify their failure analysis on an RMA'd vape.

Just a suggestion, but it is to take the offered, pre-tested by CS, replacement. I believe you will love it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just a suggestion, but it is to take the offered, pre-tested by CS, replacement. I believe you will love it.

@Brewervapesalot, you've said you've made it to 4-1/2 crucibles before overheating so based on how medicated you were after 4 crucibles, how many more do you think you realistically would have vaped? As such, I would ask CS to put through this est. amount of crucibles in succession (like in your vid) to be sure you get one that doesn't overheat. & I'd ask that they do 2 or 3 test sessions with it to be sure.

And if for some reason you still run into heavy usage overheating with this replacement, you'll at least know that the unit is not defective & would work well under less strenuous usage so you'll be able to sell it with a clear conscious & move on.

Just :2c:. :)

Edited to add: The MV-1 now has it's 1st authorized seller -- Planet of the Vapes.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

@Brewervapesalot, you've said you've made it to 4-1/2 crucibles before overheating so based on how medicated you were after 4 crucibles, how many more do you think you realistically would have vaped? As such, I would ask CS to put through this est. amount of crucibles in succession (like in your vid) to be sure you get one that doesn't overheat. & I'd ask that they do 2 or 3 test sessions with it to be sure.

And if for some reason you still run into heavy usage overheating with this replacement, you'll at least know that the unit is not defective & would work well under less strenuous usage so you'll be able to sell it with a clear conscious & move on.

Just :2c:. :)

Edited to add: The MV-1 now has it's 1st authorized seller -- Planet of the Vapes.

I'll ask about them about doing some testing. The latest units returned were very inconsistent on how many crucibles before overheating. Sometimes 1 crucible, sometimes 3 or 4. No real pattern to it.

It's typical for me to go through 3 or 4 crucibles worth of herb in a row. Sometimes I'll role almost twice that pretty quick. That's by myself. And that's with as good of herb that's available in Washington state.

Two reasons: I'd rather be high out of my mind, on cannabis, than feel pain (not that flower really can get me stupid high like it use to) or take something stronger, like an opioid. I've had some past surgeries/injuries that mean pain will never go away. Pain will literally drive u nuts over time...

Second, sometimes after work I just want/need to shut off work and my brain. I'm a litigator and having 30 or so clients problems (and opposing counsel's ridiculous antics) constantly rolling through my mind--all night--isn't healthy for me. My wife says before trials she sometimes wakes up to me tossing and rolling and talking to myself in my sleep, for example. I'm super competitive and I hate to lose hearings let alone trials. If my mind had it's way, it would never stop thinking, and rethinking, about things I can do to help clients or win.

The only vaporizer that I've found i can't just keep hitting is an Evo/cloud hooked up to large sized bong.

When I'm with friends, we can easily go through 10 crucibles worth of herb in a row....

So, I'll just be happy if the new unit can do 4 or 5 crucibles in a row... my hopes and expectations have been lowered since this will be unit number 5....

Last edited:
Top Bottom