Discontinued Ghost MV1

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I feel the mighty is so consistent every time, i just turn it on, you can hit it hard or slow, everytime you get a huge rip and one bowl last over 10 hits
Maybe its the on demand convection that they havent perfected yet
I would like to wait and see if they do fix all these issues
If I could only have one vaporizer it would be my Mighty, and it’s because of consistency. On demand convection tech is good, it’s just things have to be a certain way. For my Firefly 2 if you can’t inhale with quite a lot of force for six seconds minimum then don’t bother. For the Ghost you have to be able to inhale for 13 seconds minimum with whatever draw resistance you want or don’t bother. If I didn’t quit smoking I could never have inhaled that long for either vaporizers. First thing in the morning I can’t inhale that long. At the end of the night I like to just set it and forget it as well. For the Ghost the herb has to be fairly dry, it can’t be ground fine, the batteries (at least in my case) have to be topped off before the indicator says, and it has to be clean. It’s not crazy rules, and it’s worth it. Still though, only if I own other vaporizers so I don’t want to worry about that stuff every time I want to vape.

I really don’t think it’s the tech at fault. I think people don’t realize the rules for on demand. The review videos don’t lie about the great results, but they are seriously hurting themselves and everyone involved when they make these things come across as perfect results the first time.

I will say this though. After you pick up a Ghost every other vaporizer will feel like crap in hand. I hate picking up my Mighty. As great as it is, ergonomically speaking it’s a piece of shit. OSHA would ban them if they were office equipment.

Foretwintee

If I could only have one vaporizer it would be my Mighty, and it’s because of consistency. On demand convection tech is good, it’s just things have to be a certain way. For my Firefly 2 if you can’t inhale with quite a lot of force for six seconds minimum then don’t bother. For the Ghost you have to be able to inhale for 13 seconds minimum with whatever draw resistance you want or don’t bother. If I didn’t quit smoking I could never have inhaled that long for either vaporizers. First thing in the morning I can’t inhale that long. At the end of the night I like to just set it and forget it as well. For the Ghost the herb has to be fairly dry, it can’t be ground fine, the batteries (at least in my case) have to be topped off before the indicator says, and it has to be clean. It’s not crazy rules, and it’s worth it. Still though, only if I own other vaporizers so I don’t want to worry about that stuff every time I want to vape.

I really don’t think it’s the tech at fault. I think people don’t realize the rules for on demand. The review videos don’t lie about the great results, but they are seriously hurting themselves and everyone involved when they make these things come across as perfect results the first time.

I will say this though. After you pick up a Ghost every other vaporizer will feel like crap in hand. I hate picking up my Mighty. As great as it is, ergonomically speaking it’s a piece of shit. OSHA would ban them if they were office equipment.

More reasons I'm happy with the Dynavap. Wet herb, dry herb, and everywhere in between. No finicky details of use.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
More reasons I'm happy with the Dynavap. Wet herb, dry herb, and everywhere in between. No finicky details of use.
I love my Dynavap M!!!!! I have a lap dog so if not for that I would have gladly gotten the titanium xl model and been done with it. I’m always very worried about dropping either the lighter or the Dynavap on Chewie and hurting him.

Summer

Long Island, NY
For the Ghost you have to be able to inhale for 13 seconds minimum with whatever draw resistance you want or don’t bother.

For the Ghost the herb has to be fairly dry, it can’t be ground fine, the batteries (at least in my case) have to be topped off before the indicator says, and it has to be clean.

I inhale from 10 - 15 sec. depending on my breath at the moment.

Since I always forget to take out my herb in advance to dry out. I just take it out of the jar w/ a boveda pack so my herb is on the moist side & I grind med. coarse, the same grind I use for all my vapes. I haven't had any issue using the Ghost with 2 batt lights. But yes, the top screen needs to cleaned with every crucible use.

I really don’t think it’s the tech at fault. I think people don’t realize the rules for on demand.

I think it's both.

I will say this though. After you pick up a Ghost every other vaporizer will feel like crap in hand.

For me, the The Ghost feels wonderfully solid in hand. The quality of materials used is excellent. But, there are people who find it too heavy.

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

I get clouds after a 5-6 second draw, even at amber 2. I don’t have the Mighty but I’ve had two replacements on the Crafty. It’s a fine and reliable vape but I’ve never gotten anywhere near the flavor of the Ghost.

As far as the top screen goes, I clean it once a week and haven’t had issues.

Mr Mellish

@Mr Mellish, w/o going back to your prior posts, what grind are you using & how dry?

@Summer , my grind is probably a bit fluffy. Certainly not too fine. It’s a single stage grinder and I don’t have a lot of time for grinding. How how dry? All over the map. Drier seems better but this latest batch is a bit damp and seems ok. I will try to be more observant, since I’ve only put one load through and my battery was getting low.

Just received a new black chrome mv1 from the ghost realm and noticed that the version of firmware
was 1.3.8. It wanted to update the firmware so I let it. Now the ghost is at 1.3.4. That does not seem
good.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Baron23

Just received a new black chrome mv1 from the ghost realm and noticed that the version of firmware
was 1.3.8. It wanted to update the firmware so I let it. Now the ghost is at 1.3.4. That does not seem
good.
There should be a fall back function to go to the prior firmware release. I have not heard of this happening before and the fall back might not get you back to 1.3.8. You can also try the firmward update function.

Finally, if you have any questions (and I would) you can contact Ghost via their website or over on VLF.

Baron23,
There should be a fall back function to go to the prior firmware release. I have not heard of this happening before and the fall back might not get you back to 1.3.8. You can also try the firmward update function.

Finally, if you have any questions (and I would) you can contact Ghost via their website or over on VLF.
It was the update function of app that created this issue. I guess this is a warning to new ghost recipients to figure this out before letting the app have it's way with the ghost

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Baron23

It was the update function of app that created this issue. I guess this is a warning to new ghost recipients to figure this out before letting the app have it's way with the ghost
Yes but have you tried running it again now that its at 1.3.4. It may look at the current rev level against what's available and actually do a proper upgrade. But...maybe not.

Ghost will help you if you reach out to them.

Best of luck. I have two MV1 and they work great for me and I hope everybody who owns one gets to enjoy the same experience.

Yes but have you tried running it again now that its at 1.3.4. It may look at the current rev level against what's available and actually do a proper upgrade. But...maybe not.

Ghost will help you if you reach out to them.

Best of luck. I have two MV1 and they work great for me and I hope everybody who owns one gets to enjoy the same experience.
Got this answer

Thanks for pointing this out. There is no difference in the 2 versions apart from some improvements in connectivity, however your experience points out an important point that I have failed to notice...

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Summer

MoltenTiger

And that important point would be??
Sounds like they didn't have the latest firmware live via the app, so 'updating' did the opposite. Perhaps the first time it was reported/noticed...
I wonder what improvements to connectivity were made, sounds interesting. Probably just related to Bluetooth

Brewervapesalot

If I could only have one vaporizer it would be my Mighty, and it’s because of consistency. On demand convection tech is good, it’s just things have to be a certain way.

I really don’t think it’s the tech at fault. I think people don’t realize the rules for on demand.

If you don't mind a plug in unit, get a Vapexhale Evo (or prior version Cloud).

These units are on demand convection (after warming up) and there are NO rules to these units:

--Pack doesnt matter so long as you can pull.

--Temp doesnt matter, just set what you want. Obviously bigger clouds the higher the temp, but the highest temps taste amazing still. And low temps have big ass clouds too (bigger than most any MV1 cloud).

--Pull strength doesnt matter (bongs require a little draw strength but that is just because youre pulling through water).

--Cleanliness doesn't matter so as not clogged from not maintaining the crucibles/baskets at all for many loads.

--Taste is better than Ghost MV1, and most any other vaporizer.

--Clouds are the biggest in the business.

I was hoping the MV1 would be like a battery operated Evo. It's not. It's great (when it works), but it is no Evo. Close on good draws, but usability, taste, maintenance, clouds, and every other category fall short.

The only complaint I have with an Evo is some units whistle a bit. MV1 ain't silent though, so it's close to draw there. My cloud units do not whistle at all.

If I had to have one vaporizer, it's an Evo/cloud all day, seven days a week, twice on Sunday. Way better than a MV1, volcano, mighty, etc, just not portable.

Just read the forum on the Evo. The entire forum's posts, now, are basically people loving the units.... MV1, and most any other vaporizer, definately loses that category too.

That all said, maybe your talking portable vaporizers??

Hot draw is my main complaint with vapcap. It tickles/burns the throat. Using a flame is no longer my thing either around other people. Feels like a crack pipe because my wife and friends call my vapcaps "the crack pipe." Also, listening for the click is annoying and/or impossible with any social situation or moderate noise in the room.

That said, however, I do really like these a lot when by myself. Totally like smoking a joint.

Maybe I'll try one with water hooked up to cool the vapor... @Summer has focused my attention on an induction heater, so that could change things, I have to say..

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
And that important point would be??

Baron, the answer he got was from ghostops.

"Thanks for pointing this out. There is no difference in the 2 versions apart from some improvements in connectivity, however your experience points out an important point that I have failed to notice as I am generally living in the world of the Alpha testing app and have not picked up on this point yet from the production version."

And the point being that for now, until Ghost corrects this issue, maybe you don't want to update your firmware to an older version?

Baron23

Sounds like they didn't have the latest firmware live via the app, so 'updating' did the opposite. Perhaps the first time it was reported/noticed...
I wonder what improvements to connectivity were made, sounds interesting. Probably just related to Bluetooth
I think all of the connectitiviy stuff added had to do w Android.

But wow, they didn’t have the latest on their upgrade server?? :o

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Holy schmoly freaky moly!

I came into some herb that was vacuum sealed in 2016. Here’s the thing, while it has dried out it is oozing with stickiness. It isn’t brittle at all, it’s just sticky. This stuff was bred for the Ghost! Huge rips and the Ghost is just an awesome on demand vape when all stars align. This herb is perfect for this. I think I’d get huge clouds on one if I wanted to. This stuff still tastes and smells yummy.

Johatsu shita

The herb would have to be wet to the point of not properly cured for it to effect function. Also I've seen other people mention they can't have a fine grind but that's all I use. I hold my Santa Cruz Shredder upside down and grind till zero resistance and this is almost as fine as a coffee grinder so I dunno why everyone else has a problem. Maybe tamping it down too much or...:hmm:

The battery issue I do notice though. I still get big clouds as the battery gets past 50 percent but I can't completely dark brown a load like I can at the top half of charge. Not a big issue because now I have a spare but it would be nice if it eventually doesn't do that with a firmware update since the whole reason for the chip in the battery is to supposedly regulate the charge so you get consistent use throughout the charge cycle and I'm still not seeing that.

Also I keep forgetting to mention that I don't even use my glass mouthpiece. I got tired of making sure it was at exactly the right height for my draw so one day I just ripped that whore out and proceeded to hit it without it like a newer PAX that doesn't have the mouthpiece and now it's a perfect rip every time. So maybe those of you that are still having draw speed problems should try this until they get the new heatsinks in everyone's hands. I'm almost positive that the heatsink is probably the culprit responsible for giving people a negative experience at least 80% of the time. It fucked me over with a "Ghost" hit too many times to the point where I just said fuck it and I've never looked back.
:leaf::cool::leaf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brewervapesalot

Can a consumer buy the Ghost with confidence at this point or is it best to wait a while? The crucibles seem a bitch to get right. My fat fingers need something easy to use.

Personally, I would wait. I'm on unit number 4, I think, waiting for a fix or replacement. The crucibles aren't the issue, except keep lids clean.

Firewood 5 looks cool.

Those who have already paid on the MV1 just have to wait it out too, just with $300 less coin. Customer service is good for what it is worth....

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Enough is enough here. I've just deleted 13 off-topic posts concerning the language used by a member. I am not handing out points although I probably should, but let me make it clear that this sort of exchange is not appropriate here and any continuation of it will not be tolerated. The following remarks are addressed to everybody, so don't feel singled out.

Please leave moderating to moderators. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you feel a response is necessary then use a PM.

While the name of the forum might be vulgar, please be aware that the use of language such as we've had here is offensive to many. We have deleted posts in the past and sometimes handed out warning points for it. We don't tolerate abusive, misogynistic, racist, or homophobic language. Choose your words carefully and think about what they reveal about yourself.

Finally, please stick to the topic.

junny89

Just a update, i managed to procure a glass water tool for the ghost from @VapeFiend.
Wow what a difference! i can take full long rips now where as before id start coughing instantly.
If you have not please do as you will be suprised how good this thing works with water.

oh my water piece is a bubbler so its fine as it sits on top of the ghost.
However alot of other water pieces are top mounted. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GHOST AS IT WILL BE TOP HEAVY AND YOU RUN THE RISK OF SERIOUSLY DAMAGING THE GHOST AS YOU'RE WATER PIECE.

I played it safe by using a on top bubbler but either way it really does work!

junny89,
Top Bottom