• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

SirCrackKillaH

I spoke with Ghost. They have very good customer service. This is my fifth unit since September last year. All faulty determined by ghost. But some moments of greatness I'll admit. I asked, and they're issuing me a full refund. I offered to pay some shipping. They said no, and sent me free shipping label to return. Told them I'll try their next model.

I’m curious to find out what it could be. Issues I came across were latch, bluetooth connectivity, gasket seal. The gasket was the most frustrating because it legit made me question whether the ghost was straight busted or not. I wanted to chuck it after getting overheats, accelerated loss of charge, wispy bad hits. First time that happened I couldn’t figure it out for about a week. It was driving me mad. I cycle through cooling chambers weekly so when I swapped, all was righteous again. During the monthly cleaning of all, I mixed the gaskets up to see if blindly I’d run into again. Ghost roulette type shit. Yo, so Lo and behold, did it again two weeks later on cooling unit #2. Threw gasket out. Bout two months passed then I think. I was alternating between the glass and the sciency material stems on the same gasket. Glass stem was one I got a loooong while back. It was a little fatter in circumference. It caused slightly more wear and tear on where the gasket holds the stem and loosened it. For about a week, I thought again the device was just f’d or maybe the batteries or x-y-z but nah..just the gasket. Since then, I don’t use that glass stem. Been on point since.

SirCrackKillaH,

Summer

Long Island, NY
puffitup has a published IG stream up using the Ghost through water -- with puffitup's water adapter inserted in the heat sink. Personally, I don't think using it through water is the right application for this vape. It's doable, but that doesn't mean it should be done. There are way better convection vapes that will produce much more vapor through water like the Splinter, Stempod & e-nano for instance. And, of course, during the 2nd crucible usage, the vape overheated. :p

lwien

MiniVap is not even close to the MV1 in terms of performance. It lacks in many categories. Users of the Ghost see that, and clearly do not want a dated paperweight.

I know that this is a Ghost thread but I couldn't let this one go. I'm curious. What categories does the MiniVap lack in other than being too big to be called a portable?

The MiniVap has been my daily driver now (along with my trusty old, smack me in the head with a 2x4 LSV) for about 6 years and the reason why is because not only is it the best tasting vape I've ever used but it's been virtually maintence free along with being super efficient.....the three categories I value most.

I'll be receiving a new Ghost tomorrow though. Can't wait to put it through it's paces.

(Nothing like a negitive MiniVap review to draw me out from under a rock.)

Last edited:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I know that this is a Ghost thread but I couldn't let this one go. I'm curious. What categories does the MiniVap lack in other than being too big to be called a portable?

The MiniVap has been my daily driver now (along with my trusty old, smack me in the head with a 2x4 LSV) for about 6 years and the reason why is because not only is it the best tasting vape I've ever used but it's been virtually maintence free along with being super efficient.....the three categories I value most.

I'll be receiving a new Ghost tomorrow though. Can't wait to put it through it's paces.

(Nothing like a negitive MiniVap review to draw me out from under a rock.)
Takes forever to heat up for one thing.

Cheesequake,

lwien

Takes forever to heat up for one thing.

That's true and is one of the things I'm looking forward to with the Ghost but MiniVap has improved that quite a bit recently. For me though, speed is not really a priority. I can easily do other things while things are heating up. I would sacrifice speed for taste, efficiency and ease of maintenance any day of the week.

All of my vaping is done at home though. If I was using a vape when I was out and about, speed woud be much more of a factor which again proves that there is no one best vape for everyone, eh? With all good vaporizers, it's usually not which one is better than the other but rather what are the strengths and weakness that make them different from one another.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
While the ghost can deliver IMO a better tasting hit (for the first 1-2 puils anyway), it is cooler vapor than MiniVap, it cannot compete with the MiniVap for a heavy user.

MiniVap is entirely maintenance free by comparison. All you have to clean is a straw.
MiniVap does not overheat. Can deliver hours on end to any number of users, and deliver hard!

Ghost cannot stand up as a session vape at all, but it can deliver 2-5 really nice draws at a time, but not without a lot of cleaning (by comparison). I fully clean my Ghost after every 6 chambers to remove the gunk. It is a PIA but necessary for it to perform how I like.

I do love the ghost and it has its place, but not as a contender vs MiniVap.

And size is not that much bigger side by side.

lwien

So here's my take on the Ghost. Beautiful vape. Hefty. The coolest and smoothest vapor that I have ever experienced but it comes at a cost............flavor and possibly potency. There are only two ways to cool vapor. One is through ice and the other is by increasing the length of the vapor path. Ghost has done this by using those multiple vape path channels (it'd be interesting to know if those channels were stretched out in one line, how long that would actually be) but by doing this, you are increasing the surface area for condensation to take place, ergo, loss of flavor and possibly potency. In the flavor department, it can't hold a candle to the MiniVap but......................the vapor is cooler, it's a LOT easier to set up and it gets up to temp really fast, while also being harder to keep clean. With all that being said though, if I needed a portable to use when I'm out and about and if I could handle the size and the weight, I'd be using the Ghost in a heartbeat. And in regards to the learning curve, all I gotta say is, what learning curve? Provided good vapor on the very first hit. Yeah, the first hit is a bit whispy but so is the first hit on the Mini but after that, things improve quite a bit. Really like it. Now if it had the taste of the Mini, it would be a home run but I can't see how, in a portable, one could get vapor that is that cool without losing some taste in the process.

Foretwintee

I'm buying this or the Mighty on Friday. Can't decide tbh. I'd look at the Minivap but there are only 5 videos of it in use...and barely any professional reviews.

Foretwintee,
Reactions: arb

lwien

I'm buying this or the Mighty on Friday. Can't decide tbh. I'd look at the Minivap but there are only 5 videos of it in use...and barely any professional reviews.

Two different animals really when comparing the Ghost to the Mighty. Here's a good link I came across:
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/mighty-vs-ghost-mv1

Being that all my vaping is done at home, I don't see me starying from both my LSV and Mini. Both have been in rotation for over 6 years now and the combo works perfectly for me.......One, a super heavy hitter and the other is taste slut but in a good way (couldn't think of a better way to describe it) :brow:

PS, one other thing with thie Ghost. It requires stirring. With the MiniVap, I never have to stir, ever.

Last edited:

Foretwintee

I have a Sticky Brick, Linx Gaia, 2 Airvape X (my favorite portable), Vapexhale Evo, Volcano, ExtremeQ, Dynavap, Pax 2....

Still looking for that perfect Vape....maybe it's a never ending road

Two different animals really when comparing the Ghost to the Mighty. Here's a good link I came across:
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/mighty-vs-ghost-mv1

Being that all my vaping is done at home, I don't see me starying from both my LSV and Mini. Both have been in rotation for over 6 years now and the combo works perfectly for me.......One, a super heavy hitter and the other is taste slut but in a good way (couldn't think of a better way to describe it) :brow:

PS, one other thing with thie Ghost. It requires stirring. With the MiniVap, I never have to stir, ever.

Nice article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foretwintee,
Reactions: arb

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Firewood 5. Much better convection vape. Cheaper too.
Unless the FW5 is VASTLY improved over the FW3 (which from what I can tell and what I've read it really isn't) I would highly disagree. The mighty may be expensive and not have the absolute BEST flavor out there, but it will give you a full thick flavorful hit every single time with less than no effort. Even at low temps.

Brewervapesalot

Unless the FW5 is VASTLY improved over the FW3 (which from what I can tell and what I've read it really isn't) I would highly disagree. The mighty may be expensive and not have the absolute BEST flavor out there, but it will give you a full thick flavorful hit every single time with less than no effort. Even at low temps.

Firewood 5 is a better on demand convection vaporizer than the Ghost mv1. Period. No questions about it.

It has no confusing lights. The vibration feedback is simple and remembered the first time told or read. Switching the heat setting takes less than a second. It heats in 5 seconds or less. It's free flowing. Its taste is amazing. The clouds are just as big as any mv1 and approach cloud evo proportions and brillance, especially when the unit is warmed up. Low temp clouds are easy. Extremely potent draws, even for heavy users. The unit never overheats. It's easy to clean. It has five trays and chambers and 50% or more of all hits in a session are of the best tasting variety. Its smaller, lighter, and $75 cheaper. It's made in a shop in Massachusetts by a guy who has figured this convention thing out. It has a standard replaceable battery.

I bought two.

Did I mention it is a better convection vaporizer than the ghost mv1? Because it is.

Mr Mellish

Firewood 5 is a better on demand convection vaporizer than the Ghost mv1. Period. No questions about it.

It has no confusing lights. The vibration feedback is simple and remembered the first time told or read. Switching the heat setting takes less than a second. It heats in 5 seconds or less. It's free flowing. Its taste is amazing. The clouds are just as big as any mv1 and approach cloud evo proportions and brillance, especially when the unit is warmed up. Low temp clouds are easy. Extremely potent draws, even for heavy users. The unit never overheats. It's easy to clean. It has five trays and chambers and 50% or more of all hits in a session are of the best tasting variety. Its smaller, lighter, and $75 cheaper. It's made in a shop in Massachusetts by a guy who has figured this convention thing out. It has a standard replaceable battery.

I bought two.

Did I mention it is a better convection vaporizer than the ghost mv1? Because it is.

I don’t have a Mighty but the FW3, 4, 5 all beat the Crafty handily. I might give the FW’s the edge over the Ghost...mostly because of flavor.

Brewervapesalot

I don’t have a Mighty but the FW3, 4, 5 all beat the Crafty handily. I might give the FW’s the edge over the Ghost...mostly because of flavor.

For no other reason that you don't have to invest in a lifetime supply of alcohol wipes to clean the lids on MV1 units in-between almost ever chamber---the Firewood 5 handily beats the MV1. Just saying. I can go 30 or 40 chambers on the firewood 5 before thinking of cleaning it and flavor and performance is not impacted. The heater on the top and drawing heat down is a better design.

Ghost has great customer service. They have great ideas. But their current model is loaded with things that can be better...

I only say this because it's a false choice between Ghost Mv1 and mighty or crafty.... if foretwintee is gunna spend $200 to $300, we have to be honest about the Ghost's numerous problems/inconveniences... and point him towards similar products.

And If you want to compare two on demand, regulated temp, convection vapes--ghost mv1 and firewood 5 are apples to apples. Performance is similar at all temp ranges.

But firewood 5 is waaaaay less maintenance, does not over heat, ever, can switch temps almost instantly, has a standard battery, doesnt look as retarded and tacky, is smaller and way lighter, can be put back together and it feels like it's back together (ah, you all know what I mean with the seals on the heat sink!), its almost a third cheaper....

oh, and most importantly--the firewood 5 works, and customer service far less likely to be needed...

LabPong

For no other reason that you don't have to invest in a lifetime supply of alcohol wipes to clean the lids on MV1 units in-between almost ever chamber---the Firewood 5 handily beats the MV1. Just saying. I can go 30 or 40 chambers on the firewood 5 before thinking of cleaning it and flavor and performance is not impacted. The heater on the top and drawing heat down is a better design.

Ghost has great customer service. They have great ideas. But their current model is loaded with things that can be better...

I only say this because it's a false choice between Ghost Mv1 and mighty or crafty.... if foretwintee is gunna spend $200 to $300, we have to be honest about the Ghost's numerous problems/inconveniences... and point him towards similar products.

And If you want to compare two on demand, regulated temp, convection vapes--ghost mv1 and firewood 5 are apples to apples. Performance is similar at all temp ranges.

But firewood 5 is waaaaay less maintenance, does not over heat, ever, can switch temps almost instantly, has a standard battery, doesnt look as retarded and tacky, is smaller and way lighter, can be put back together and it feels like it's back together (ah, you all know what I mean with the seals on the heat sink!), its almost a third cheaper....

oh, and most importantly--the firewood 5 works, and customer service far less likely to be needed...
I'm over it. Don't really care. Too many bad units. Appreciate the very good customer service. But probably last post on this thread until they come up with a new model.

So where is the new Ghost MV2? Did I miss something....or are you just hear to prove to everyone that has an MV1 and is happy with it that they actually are crap?

If so....we get it dude....get over it...we know you don't like it and had problems. Not everyone that has one is in the same boat as you.....can you not understand that......

beat-dead-horse-gif-5.gif

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant off.......lol

LabPong,
Reactions: Baron23

Brewervapesalot

So where is the new Ghost MV2? Did I miss something....or are you just hear to prove to everyone that has an MV1 and is happy with it that they actually are crap?

If so....we get it dude....get over it...we know you don't like it and had problems. Not everyone that has one is in the same boat as you.....can you not understand that......

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant off.......lol

Lol. The whole point was to point @Foretwintee to options other than MV1 or the mighty, as he said he was considering those but no one mentioned other conduction vapes.

Moreover, anyone reading my posts and others rebuttals can make a much more informed decision; those who love the MV1 have a hard time, dare I say almost impossible time, criticizing it..... and this isnt just a "love the MV1 thread."

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant off.......lol

This is not helpful and could provoke a flame war. If someone breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you must reply, use a PM. If the rules aren't broken, ignore it and do not try to pick a fight.

Foretwintee

I bought the MV1. If I don't like it I'll try the FW5. I'm a gadget guy and a tinkerer. I like to clean vapes for some reason. I go in to this purchase fully knowing that the mv1 has areas that need to be improved upon and I may get 5 duds in a row. I've been reviewing them a lot and I like what they are on to and hopefully the "mv2" has most the kinks worked out.

Foretwintee

Then a mod based vape like the Splinter, Splinter Z or StemPod might be right up your alley. And if you like to clean vapes then check out the Haze Square.

Definitely going to buy a Splinter.

I saw the take apart on the Haze and knew I'd love cleaning it and messing with it but it is lower on the list of purchases. Plus I hear they break easy and the metal bowls are flaking away.

Top Bottom