Discontinued Ghost MV1

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Beta testers no doubt...at least we got a fast charger I guess.

One of my biggest complaints is the mouth piece. I have constant grinding and it doesn’t latch well when I extend it. Furthermore it’s impossible to pull out without holding the heat sink in place with my other hand. Ghost said we’re all getting a new ceramic holder with a smoother interior finish in addition the redesigned MP sent free as soon as they are available. Free backups? Coooool. The fact this needs to be a 2 handed operation is ridiculous
Make sure no iso gets on the black MP stopper/holder/seal thingy. The ceramic does get sanded down smooth on the inside eventually. I don’t even notice it at all anymore. Can it be lubricated, just on the tip of the glass? Pulling and seating the sink gets better... even pulling the MP out one handed gets better, tho I’ve taken to using my teef and holding the sink with my chin kinda or the body with my hand and pull... Heh, I vape alone a lot...

Ok I’ll shut up now for awhile, I promise! :rant:

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
haha, what do you mean by that?
ABV looks quite the same with the EVO being more even.

How would you compare taste and efficiency ?
I did this comparison evo being the god of desktops. My point is they are dam close as you can see. Same amt of draws, turned all the way up. Flavor in the ghost is more pronounced because of lack of water filtration. Clouds are bigger in evo because it holds more weed.:tup:

b0

Cloudy...
Just realised Ghost sent me a email, it was in my junk folder but luckily i can still purchase, only thing is im in the UK, alltogether its going to cost me $325 to get it over here, plus i may be charged around $30 more once for the customs charge :ugh: if anybody from the UK on here who has ordered can tell me how much it cost them in all (on here or PM) it would be helpful, but i may have to wait for a UK supplier to get a few in stock as this may be a bit too high on the cost :(

IME you gonna pay 20% (or was it 21%?) + 8£ to 9£ that thay charge for taking care of it...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Honestly the things a vape should have is the ability to control the temperature in 1 degree increments and the best way to do that would be with a simple led screen. I hear you on the money part but I would gladly throw in 25 more bucks for that feature. 325 is still not unheard of in ways of high quality portable vapes which is what this is. Even without the led screen, it's a damn good vape. Some of the choices made in making it are strange but hopefully the options we want will be in the mv2 years down the road.

Since it would be off-topic here, I posted my reply to you in another thread.

GEED

Gaseouser
on topic: bit of a typo on Ghost website, I'm here to gladly help :

GHOST MAKES NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS “CONSUMERS” IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT.

I guess, Ghost makes no warranties to those NOT defined as "Consumers" in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Too bad they ignoring me on all channels (including "Return Request Form") hope they at least read FC, last resort of unbiaseds.

I am actually seriously supportive for this vape to perfect their device, and allow the 140 C° lowest temp for making these little gadgets finally able to revolutionize humanae smoking habits. Imagine if this vape could open up a real change in consuming plants! I'm mad of smoking cessation and off cigarettes too, since vaping, quite a potential to make these things widely accepted? Not just exclusively the most discussed topic?

Welcome though for the legal advice!

Gibs

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I did this comparison evo being the god of desktops. My point is they are dam close as you can see. Same amt of draws, turned all the way up. Flavor in the ghost is more pronounced because of lack of water filtration. Clouds are bigger in evo because it holds more weed.:tup:

How much did you pack?
The optimal usage packing should be the same for both. .1g for both.

As for the taste, that's just great to hear!
I really really want to try it, but I can't handle these many parts.

It could be the camera and blur, but both the mv1 and evo abv look quite uneven IMO.

I'm not sure how you use it though, but I never get uneven ABV, I do tend to over pack tho (but then stir), but when I don't over pack its the same..

Mr Mellish

It just dawned on me that I haven't fired up the Prima, the Crafty or the GH since figuring out the MV1. I have, however, fired up the FW3 once. Once you learn the damned secret handshake required to get the thing working, it's fast and effective.

Cooler vapor than everything but the FW.
Better flavor than everything but the FW.
Speeds on par with the FW and the GH (I lump them all into the pretty damn fast category).

Prior to last night, I kicked into red to extract loads. Last night, 3 draws at A1, 3 draws at A2, then continued draws at A3 until no more vapor. That was another 7-8 draws. Checking the abv this morning, it was a uniform chocolate brown, without stirring (which is good...stirring with this thing seems like it would be a real pain in the ass). I suppose I could have gotten another few hits with red but I was curious to see how far I could go on amber.

Razor

about 30 bowls in. Still can't get an evenly vaped bowl without green left in it. Also holy hell that crucible gets super sticky pretty quick. Gonna have to get that 5 chamber thing just to keep the air path from feelin gunked up so fast. The taste goes downhill pretty fast if you dont clean it I've noticed.

I vape on mostly amber 2 and finish with 3. I get the middle pretty vaped but the outer edges still green. I've tried sipping, drawing super slow, faster, medium you name it lol. I'm about to try cutting down a SS screen I have thats solid like the lid of the crucible and see if that doesnt hold heat more evenly inside... once i find some tin snips..

All in all I'm gertin about 3 or 4 pretty good sized draws out of it and then some wispy wispiness and finally nothin. Not too bad.

Mr Mellish

about 30 bowls in. Still can't get an evenly vaped bowl without green left in it. Also holy hell that crucible gets super sticky pretty quick. Gonna have to get that 5 chamber thing just to keep the air path from feelin gunked up so fast. The taste goes downhill pretty fast if you dont clean it I've noticed.

I vape on mostly amber 2 and finish with 3. I get the middle pretty vaped but the outer edges still green. I've tried sipping, drawing super slow, faster, medium you name it lol. I'm about to try cutting down a SS screen I have thats solid like the lid of the crucible and see if that doesnt hold heat more evenly inside... once i find some tin snips..

All in all I'm gertin about 3 or 4 pretty good sized draws out of it and then some wispy wispiness and finally nothin. Not too bad.

Agreed on the cleaning. It does seem to improve flavor.

As far as the abv, hate to sound like a broken record but are you overpacking or tamping down? I agree with @Dazza78 that loose pack seems to promote even cooking. I was seeing the exact same, nearly charred, spot in the center but believe my loose pack was domed in the center. Paying attention to that, I've not seen the hot spot.

In terms of ergonomics, I also agree that the design is well suited to the act of vaping (ignoring the button mashing requirements). The device fits nicely in the hand, the vape button is well situated for activation, and you're pretty much protected from the heat (looking at you GH).

MAbud

I believe the air flow of the crucible is the lynch pin in all the variability...not grind style, dryness, etc. After a single use last light I would say 1/3rd of the holes were obscured by residue. It wasn't immediately visible but I could feel it. I think a new crucible design would cure a lot of issues

MAbud,

elykpeace

exVASted
on topic: bit of a typo on Ghost website, I'm here to gladly help :

GHOST MAKES NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS “CONSUMERS” IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT.

I guess, Ghost makes no warranties to those NOT defined as "Consumers" in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Too bad they ignoring me on all channels (including "Return Request Form") hope they at least read FC, last resort of unbiaseds.

I am actually seriously supportive for this vape to perfect their device, and allow the 140 C° lowest temp for making these little gadgets finally able to revolutionize humanae smoking habits. Imagine if this vape could open up a real change in consuming plants! I'm mad of smoking cessation and off cigarettes too, since vaping, quite a potential to make these things widely accepted? Not just exclusively the most discussed topic?

Welcome though for the legal advice!

Gibs

Never took vapecritic or ghost longer then a day to email/message me back. I even got my lable today to return the mv1. Emailed vapecritic this morning and a couple hours later emailed me a priority USPS label. Sorry your having such issues with returning/contact someone.... It really was quite effortless for me.

I might add I do really like the ghost. I talked back and fourth with Patrick and although he said his R&D team would test the way I was using the mv1 (inverted cruicible modified with a SS screen in the bottom of the ceramic) I just couldn't justify keeping it .. it was giving me even avb after a few stirs. Just wasn't the right vape. The hunt continues !!! vaS vAs Vas

Summer

Long Island, NY
I believe the air flow of the crucible is the lynch pin in all the variability...not grind style, dryness, etc. After a single use last light I would say 1/3rd of the holes were obscured by residue. It wasn't immediately visible but I could feel it. I think a new crucible design would cure a lot of issues

MAbud, just hold the lid up to a direct light source & you'll see just how clogged it gets. It actually looked like the gook was flattened between 2 screens rather than in the holes themselves. After I soak it in iso for a few minutes, I use a toothbrush & push the teeth through to dislodge all the gook. Many teeth works a lot faster than a pick 1 hole at a time.

I'm hoping that the firmware update addressing the shortened battery life & overheating will miraculously affect the vapor inconsistency between bowls. I've got the grind & the packing down (thanks to @Dazza78 vids), but am working on dryness & quality of herb being a factor. I don't know how much the crucible lid plays into restricted air flow for me, but I'll add this into the mix.

If the firmware fixes the aforementioned issues & I can get beyond what's causing the vapor inconsistency, this will be a keeper for me. I still hold the same feelings about the vape that I posted shortly ago. Right now, besides working on the vaporization issue, I'm also writing up a post assessing the vaping experience itself: quality of vapor & effects. If I didn't have these 3 issues, I would rate this vape as an A to A-. It would definitely be an solid A if they can find a way to disable the vaping lights.

I am burnt, as for the past 5 days life has revolved around this vape. Had it not been for the buy-back guarantee, I would never buy a vape without waiting at least a couple of months for others to review. But because of the bbg, how could someone who is interested in an on-demand vape not take the opportunity to experience a $300 vape. The only other bbg offered is by VapeXhale. The Evo has an excellent track record so they stand behind it. Remember, @VCBud got to test & offer review on units w/ the locked heat cycles so he didn't have the issues we are having, & we have yet to experience what he has with this vape. So for him to offer a bbg, he has to place exceptional value in this vape.

Anyway, I'm glad the app will be released shortly &, for now, I'm working on the vapor issue, my future post & just forcing myself to chill-out.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

MAbud, just hold the lid up to a direct light source & you'll see just how clogged it gets. It actually looked like the gook was flattened between 2 screens rather than in the holes themselves. After I soak it in iso for a few minutes, I use a toothbrush & push the teeth through to dislodge all the gook. Many teeth works a lot faster than a pick 1 hole at a time.

I'm hoping that the firmware update addressing the shortened battery life & overheating will miraculously affect the vapor inconsistency between bowls. I've got the grind & the packing down (thanks to @Dazza78 vids), but am working on dryness & quality of herb being a factor. I don't know how much the crucible lid plays into restricted air flow for me, but I'll add this into the mix.

If the firmware fixes the aforementioned issues & I can get beyond what's causing the vapor inconsistency, this will be a keeper for me. I still hold the same feelings about the vape that I posted shortly ago. Right now, besides working on the vaporization issue, I'm also writing up a post assessing the vaping experience itself: quality of vapor & effects. If I didn't have these 3 issues, I would rate this vape as an A to A-. It would definitely be an solid A if they can find a way to disable the vaping lights.

I am burnt, as for the past 5 days life has revolved around this vape. Had it not been for the buy-back guarantee, I would never buy a vape without waiting at least a couple of months for others to review. But because of the bbg, how could someone who is interested in an on-demand vape not take the opportunity to experience a $300 vape. The only other bbg offered is by VapeXhale. The Evo has an excellent track record so they stand behind it. Remember, @VCBud got to test units w/ the locked heat cycles so he didn't have the issues we are having, & we have yet to experience what he has with this vape. So for him to offer a bbg, he has to place exceptional value in this vape.

Anyway, I glad the app will be released shortly &, for now, I'm working on the vapor issue, my future post & just forcing myself to chill-out.

just letting you know we non-early-adopters really appreciate you sharing your experiences - thanks!

skyvaper

Just chiming in after a few weeks with my ghost. Still running strong and there has been no change in my unit or experience. It has not overheated and performance is excellent. Did my first deep clean and it took about 15 minutes. Iso only takes a few minutes to clean ceramic pieces. Ive got an extra heat sink and MP but cleaning was so quick I didnt even have to swap them out Since I was on vacation Id probably only deep clean once a month. I usually top the battery off after about 5 crucibles and the indicator is still on level 2. I did let the battery drain pretty low once but i did not notice a performance drop that has been reported. Im not sure I care enough to count draws but I feel like I get 3 crucibles for each LED light so around 9 crucibles. If I had to guess maybe 70 draws. This vape takes material and dances the finest line to combustion like a properly functioning GH on T5. There are moments that I swear I combusted but its just the darkest brown after further inspection. Still no regrets.

Razor

Agreed on the cleaning. It does seem to improve flavor.

As far as the abv, hate to sound like a broken record but are you overpacking or tamping down? I agree with @Dazza78 that loose pack seems to promote even cooking. I was seeing the exact same, nearly charred, spot in the center but believe my loose pack was domed in the center. Paying attention to that, I've not seen the hot spot.

In terms of ergonomics, I also agree that the design is well suited to the act of vaping (ignoring the button mashing requirements). The device fits nicely in the hand, the vape button is well situated for activation, and you're pretty much protected from the heat (looking at you GH).

I have tried everything from filling it 1/4th full to packing it tight unfortunately. I even made sure my light wasnt playing tricks on me. Ive changed my draw, Ive taken short frequent draws, long 15 second draws, I've drawn as slow as possible and I've drawn faster. Every time it seems to leave the outside edges green and I dont think this is a vape I want to stir. Kind of makes the portability go down. Needless to say , it's green but the inside is definately vaped, and I can def not get any more vapor out of the crucible before I stop on the third herb setting. Gotta grab a new SD card for my phone but I'll upload some pics soon.

Anyways, If I'm not getting any vapor on the highest herb setting then it must mean that the herb got vaporized as I am pretty sure that it got hot enough to pull the thc off since I am getting like I said, 4 good draws before it starts to go wispy which for the size of the crucible (which i say is still way too small. Would have loved the option to use a bigger one), is not bad. My pax 2 last longer but holds more but i feel waste a bit of material the way it heats.

Cloud production isnt an issue at this point, just the bud being evenly vaped. Pretty sure its still all being vaped though. Has anyone got a heat gun on the crucible right after opening the thing back up by chance?

Razor,

Mr Mellish

I have tried everything from filling it 1/4th full to packing it tight unfortunately. I even made sure my light wasnt playing tricks on me. Ive changed my draw, Ive taken short frequent draws, long 15 second draws, I've drawn as slow as possible and I've drawn faster. Every time it seems to leave the outside edges green and I dont think this is a vape I want to stir. Kind of makes the portability go down. Needless to say , it's green but the inside is definately vaped, and I can def not get any more vapor out of the crucible before I stop on the third herb setting. Gotta grab a new SD card for my phone but I'll upload some pics soon.

Anyways, If I'm not getting any vapor on the highest herb setting then it must mean that the herb got vaporized as I am pretty sure that it got hot enough to pull the thc off since I am getting like I said, 4 good draws before it starts to go wispy which for the size of the crucible (which i say is still way too small. Would have loved the option to use a bigger one), is not bad. My pax 2 last longer but holds more but i feel waste a bit of material the way it heats.

Cloud production isnt an issue at this point, just the bud being evenly vaped. Pretty sure its still all being vaped though. Has anyone got a heat gun on the crucible right after opening the thing back up by chance?

I am so sorry for your experience. I have nothing to offer that can offset your experience but I can say that I have been blown away by the effect; .I am getting serious effects and vapor at basic functionality.This thing is rocking my world.

I don't know what makes the difference. The medium grind seems good. Everything else seems solid. Good luck to all.

Razor

I am so sorry for your experience. I have nothing to offer that can offset your experience but I can say that I have been blown away by the effect; .I am getting serious effects and vapor at basic functionality.This thing is rocking my world.

I don't know what makes the difference. The medium grind seems good. Everything else seems solid. Good luck to all.

It's not that bad really. I consider it an unfinished product until I'm able to use all it's features so I'm sure the best is yet to come. As for the grind, my current material is very fluffy which in my opinion usually makes for the best abv. I did start with a inferior quality with the first couple crucibles tho and I can say that quality helps. I think my first mistake was gunking up the unit with shatter. It does get a lot dirtier inside the heat sink with it to say the least lol. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the vapor quality I'm getting and the amount of hits per crucible.

Razor,
Reactions: Summer

Mr Mellish

Tonight, I was trying to pay attention to flavor. I'm struggling with words to describe what I think I experienced.

At lower temps, it seems like the Ghost provides a more nuanced flavor than my favorites (Firewood, GH). That doesn't mean it's better. The Ghost tastes more complex but the way that the Firewood blends it all into a single flavor is magical.

It loses flavor slower than the GH but faster than the Firewood.

Here is the rundown:

GH: First draw or two are VERY intense. You get punched in the teeth with flavor. After that....nah.

FW: Wonderful flavor that lasts nearly until the load is spent (with diminishing but still good flavor with each draw).

MV1: First few draws at A1 or A2 are flavorful. To me it was more like being able to pick out specific flavor components (is that pepper?). It could possibly be more "accurate" but the fuzzy image provided by the FW seems more complete.

After 5 sessions, my battery has finally gone to 2 LEDs. I'm expecting it to decline rapidly at this point but that is better performance than anything else I have.

The effects continue to be quite good.

I'll admit to a bit of skepticism about this but, based on my experience so far, I can't see @VCBud as a sellout. I'm not prepared to call it the best vape ever but it's really fucking solid. It has quickly become my nightly driver. Not sure if it will keep that position, now that my FW4 is back but it is wrasslin' Mephis style for the crown.

As a point of reference for the above drivel, I have:
Vapman, Vapcap, Elevape, Crafty, Grasshopper (SS & Ti) , Prima, Firewood 3, Firewood 4, MFLB, Pinnacle Pro

Last edited:

Razor

I'm almost to the point of wishing I could make a return. Every single bowl looks like all that's being vaped is the middle. Now, in addition after the battery charged, herb setting 3 is making the middle black. I thought I was getting more draws because it was finally vaping correctly so I opened it up and black middle with green outsides. It was only packed half full. Lets be serious at this point. How far away is the app? Is it going to fix it not vaping evenly? I'll take some pics tomorrow if I don't fall asleep from vaping so many bowls trying to figure this out.

highasakite

Anyway, I'm glad the app will be released shortly &, for now, I'm working on the vapor issue, my future post & just forcing myself to chill-out.
Don't force it, just Chill. :sherlock: ;)

I like to keep the lid clean too, so I keep ISO wipes nearby. Grab a box of 100 for $1. Make a lid sandwich and clean both sides at the same time, using thumb and forefinger. Takes only seconds. :tup:

..Back to Ghosting, waiting for the app..

Top Bottom