Discontinued Ghost MV1

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Lift 4 peice. Should got a SCS 2 peice. We vape so no sense in saving keif. Also scs is like 26 bucks from piu ... I snagged a slx and was immediately disappointed when I got it. IDK much about the lift other then it's Canadian . Let me know how it goes brother!
Maybe I will get another after I get bored with the LIFT... could always use a good backup. I was sooo close to buying the SLX. In fact, I would’ve but phuckitup.com has been out of all for weeks... dodged a bullet there! Got to chatting with Greg, the owner of LIFT last Sunday and he made such an impression on me, I had to buy one (my way of rationalizing it!) I will def let you know...

So, I’ve been helping my buddy’s son grow a couple of plants this year. He has zero experience. I have a fair amount of old school knowledge... heh. Anyway, yada yada yada, he chopped one too early like an idiot and he gave me a cola and it’s actually not absolutely terrible in the MV1... just super quick. So now I’ve been fooling around building crucible loads like campfires or masonry and sprinkling a lil kief around like mortar and covering it with a little grind. Works nice. Def kicks it up a notch.

Last edited:

stinkytofus

I will consider buying after bugs and problems iron out lol

Convection
On demand
Palm size
Semi stealthy
According to bud its airy draw
.10g per bowl
Swappable batteries

Checks all my boxes
Its like a zion
Just wish it was 5 or 10 years warranty lol

stinkytofus,

Razor

I will consider buying after bugs and problems iron out lol

Convection
On demand
Palm size
Semi stealthy
According to bud its airy draw
.10g per bowl
Swappable batteries

Checks all my boxes
Its like a zion
Just wish it was 5 or 10 years warranty lol

The size of the bowl matters a lot less when the material isnt being wasted when you're not drawing imo.

Summer

Long Island, NY
It is a 5 year warranty, when you register with the app.

It is a 5 year warranty when you register your unit within 90(?) days either through their app or on the website. Check out the warranty on their website to see if I am correct w/ the 90 days.

Summer,

vinhale

I want to chime in that I got mine 2 days ago with no shipment email warning. It works flawlessly for me so I guess I got one that is properly tuned in its native state. I really genuinely feel bad for those who are getting charring and uneven abv. I am getting perfect chocolate brown extraction every time with zero pack/grind consideration. Also, the crucible and lid cool very fast; its not like cooling off a solo stem. My need case for this vape (aka justification) is in-house stealth and vapor cool enough to no longer need to sneak a bong round. Working 100% in that regard. In NYC you cant just go to the garage.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@elykpeace, was your SLX a 2.0 2.4”...? Cuz I’ve really only read or heard stellar reviews... my local vape shop doesn't carry ‘em, LIFT either. They actually asked me to bring it in to show them. Like they made do with the MV1.

Last edited:
Bologna,

elykpeace

exVASted
@elykpeace, was your SLX a 2.0 2.4”...? Cuz I’ve really only read or heard stellar reviews... my local vape shop doesn't carry ‘em, LIFT either. They actually asked me to bring it in to show them. Like they made to with the MV1.

2.4 .. I wonder how many of those with one who love it so much have any experience with other grinders. It doesn't stay from getting bits stuck in it.. which is the only reason people like it? Also the logo "never sticks" clearly false advertising haha

Edit: some might like that it's REALLY light
.. I think it made it feel cheap tho ... Shouldn't cost more the 20$ imo

elykpeace,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Both... v2.0, the 2.4” model, sorry.

Edit: thanks, tho either way I ain’t getting one now...!

Bologna,

Brewervapesalot

I bought this vaporizer and have been using it for about a week. Hoping you all can help me get its performance up to par. I have an original ticker cloud, a new evo, pax 1, pax 2, firefly 2, and probably an old matchbox laying around somewhere. Used volcanoes and solos too. So I feel like I'm not really a rookie.

So far, it's a decent vaporizer but I'm not feeling like it's great. I'm loading the chamber carefully just up the top. No tamping. Just sprinkling or loosely scooping. Basically following instructions from "Bud," or vapecritic, and also trying what has been posted in previous pages here. I do like loading the chamber upside down like another posted. Makes loading and unloading easier. I also think the stainless on bottom, closer to the heat source, helps spread the heat more even to get more evenly cooked material. Again nothing really works there though.

The taste at the lowest level is good, but vapor production is hit or miss. Best for clouds and flavor if i try higher settings at first and then lower temp once unit warms up. Flavor at highest amber level does not last more than 2 or 3 pulls, and turns popcorn or even charcoally pretty quick. Worse taste than spent pax. No matter what I do herb always is a bit more spent in the middle and greenish on the outside. Unless I stir, but that doesn't help flavor. Even clouds at highest amber setting do not remotely compare to what a cloud or evo produces.

Compared to a firefly 2 on highest heat setting, I can get larger clouds and have better flavor that lasts longer with the firefly 2. Flavor on lowest setting of firefly 2 is significantly better (same cloud issues though).

I do enjoy the easy pull though. Far better than any other portable IMO.

Battery life is outstanding too.

Tried tamping. That seems to help clouds. But very uneven vaporizing of herb. Also seem to almost combust, if not actually combust.

Finally, the cleaning is easy enough, but lots of parts. I prefer just wiping a firefly 2 with a paper towel with iso or just soaking the clouds stainless baskets.

Any thoughts on getting better performance? Anyone agree with my quick review?

grokit

well-worn member
...vapor production is hit or miss. Best for clouds and flavor if i try higher settings at first and then lower temp once unit warms up.
That sounds like my cfx; I start at 420f then quickly bump it down to 410 so it doesn't get away from me.

:sherlock:

grokit,
Reactions: Razor

Razor

Returned mine. I've decided I don't want an app to control my device anymore. I just want a straight convection vape that works. I just need one with a large chamber that can maybe be reduced and replaceable batteries. Not too much to as :D

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Worse taste than spent pax.

giphy.gif

StonerSloth,
Reactions: Krahl

Razor

Maybe take a look at the Milaana or the upcoming Boundless Tera then?

Actually I was looking at the new Boundless 2.0 at first but I'm thinking I'm gonna settle with the Fury 2. Simple, convection, glass, big hits. Just wish ppl would go with replaceable batteries more often and the Boundless is going to have an aluminum chamber isnt it? I'm not fond of using aluminum.

I bought this vaporizer and have been using it for about a week. Hoping you all can help me get its performance up to par. I have an original ticker cloud, a new evo, pax 1, pax 2, firefly 2, and probably an old matchbox laying around somewhere. Used volcanoes and solos too. So I feel like I'm not really a rookie.

So far, it's a decent vaporizer but I'm not feeling like it's great. I'm loading the chamber carefully just up the top. No tamping. Just sprinkling or loosely scooping. Basically following instructions from "Bud," or vapecritic, and also trying what has been posted in previous pages here. I do like loading the chamber upside down like another posted. Makes loading and unloading easier. I also think the stainless on bottom, closer to the heat source, helps spread the heat more even to get more evenly cooked material. Again nothing really works there though.

The taste at the lowest level is good, but vapor production is hit or miss. Best for clouds and flavor if i try higher settings at first and then lower temp once unit warms up. Flavor at highest amber level does not last more than 2 or 3 pulls, and turns popcorn or even charcoally pretty quick. Worse taste than spent pax. No matter what I do herb always is a bit more spent in the middle and greenish on the outside. Unless I stir, but that doesn't help flavor. Even clouds at highest amber setting do not remotely compare to what a cloud or evo produces.

Compared to a firefly 2 on highest heat setting, I can get larger clouds and have better flavor that lasts longer with the firefly 2. Flavor on lowest setting of firefly 2 is significantly better (same cloud issues though).

I do enjoy the easy pull though. Far better than any other portable IMO.

Battery life is outstanding too.

Tried tamping. That seems to help clouds. But very uneven vaporizing of herb. Also seem to almost combust, if not actually combust.

Finally, the cleaning is easy enough, but lots of parts. I prefer just wiping a firefly 2 with a paper towel with iso or just soaking the clouds stainless baskets.

Any thoughts on getting better performance? Anyone agree with my quick review?

sounds like u need the app/firmware upgrade to make it work right.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I fail to see how any firmware update could solve the hotspot / uneven extraction issue a lot of users reported.

It's not a matter of temperature settings it's a matter of air flow dynamics. Most of the time you can prevent it (or at least mask it) by drawing very slowly and reducing the extraction speed, but this is not an option for cloud chasers and for those using their device through water.

The real solution is to carefully design the flow path from intake to your mouth, and eventually creating a good measure of turbulence. In most systems we try to get rid of turbulence to maximize the flow rate, so it's a bit unusual to try to introduce some on purpose.

Gaz flows are more complex than liquid ones, and I'm by no means an expert in this domain. But the following picture touches on the kind of problems we are facing with tubular stems with the bowl at the extremity:

Figure%201.jpg

You see there is a natural tendency to get more velocity at the center and less on the borders. So you really need to either:

1) reduce the stem diameter (explains why many of us find it more even with 14mm vs 18mm stems in other convection devices, ex: MistVape Touch)
2) create a swirling flow pattern before the bowl intake (ex: Herbalaire, turbulator in Milaana/Zion)
3) have some kind of shield/deflector in front of the bowl center or a dead hole in the heater at this location (what @Alan tried to do in the iHeat but we're not completely there yet, and what @Pipes and the other Project members tried to do when improving the coil geometry in the Project Eraser and Pure SF compared to the OG)

PS: adjusting the upstream / pre-heater air intake pattern (shape, number, size, location etc.) is often under-looked but also plays IMHO a very important role.

PS2: having the bowl in a form of a wafer-thin but very large diameter cylinder, like the shape of a coin for instance, would be probably great too.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Right. But I got a friend owning one and he told me the vape only worked with a lot of material and he has to load and consume way more than what he would like (i.e. plenty!) He tried several things apparently but kept saying the thing didn't work well with normal or micro doses.

So that's a down-side, unless you can provide adapters and various bowl sizes to accommodate all users (sounds unlikely anyway, some use only a pinch not even covering a 14mm bowl screen fully...)

But if there was a universal solution we would all be using it right now, no?

Top Bottom