Discontinued Ghost MV1

Raf

Oh, its metal....but I can't find the reference...but I thought it was some sort of steel coil. I may well be wrong, but I can't imagine anybody making coils out of aluminum due to potential toxicity.

I haven't been following This Thread since the beginning so if you remember steel I believe you. I think the volcano uses an aluminum heater so theoretically separating it from the Airstream is the critical part even if it's potentially toxic. Steel is going to give you chromium ions if it gets hot enough during Peak Heating. Not the actual temperature reached by the extraction chamber but whatever temperature the actual piece of metal is reaching. So really any metal has its downside but I can see why a SS would be preferable for safety at low temperatures. I was thinking they might have gone with aluminum because of the faster heating ability... and because I think I can smell it LOL

In either case if it's separate from the air path then it's all good. I know I can't taste metal in the vaporized lavender flower material so that's good at least

Raf,
Reactions: django7

Raptor5150

I haven't been following This Thread since the beginning so if you remember steel I believe you. I think the volcano uses an aluminum heater so theoretically separating it from the Airstream is the critical part even if it's potentially toxic. Steel is going to give you chromium ions if it gets hot enough during Peak Heating. Not the actual temperature reached by the extraction chamber but whatever temperature the actual piece of metal is reaching. So really any metal has its downside but I can see why a SS would be preferable for safety at low temperatures. I was thinking they might have gone with aluminum because of the faster heating ability... and because I think I can smell it LOL

In either case if it's separate from the air path then it's all good. I know I can't taste metal in the vaporized lavender flower material so that's good at least

Bro you have too much anxiety and a sense of smell that would surpass my very own keen sense.

Chill and just enjoy the MV1 :)

Raf

Bro you have too much anxiety and a sense of smell that would surpass my very own keen sense.

Chill and just enjoy the MV1 :)

It's too bad we're still waiting on smell-o-vision so there's no way we can compete to see who has the most sensitive nose.

I wasn't really worried at all about the type of metal being used ( because I can't taste it ). Somebody else asked what it was made out of and I was speculating that it could be Aluminum. When my successful reading comprehension partner pointed out that aluminum can be toxic I made the counter point that the volcano uses an aluminum heater and even stainless steel can be dangerous :razz:

Be careful, all of your water is contaminated with dihydrogen oxide and you will die if you inhale it. :myday:

Trypsy Summers

So it's coming up to a fortnight now with the Ghost MV1 Stealth Edition - straight from the USA

In my previous post re The Ghost MV1 vape, I'd initially wrote the following;
"The Mighty can get to about Warp 9 maybe 9.2 and that is it's maximum, I have to say that there is a clear and noticeable difference in quality in favor of The Ghost MV1 when based on the sweetest hit vs the sweetest hit, but it's still early days, very early days." :|
Not saying:\, Just saying:2c:, Without saying;)
Pure Peace:leaf:

As I wrote at the time, early days,

I was initially blown away with The Ghost MV1, especially when compared with (my 2 faithful) The Mighty. So much so, that I just couldn't get over the fact that The Mighty had been so comprehensively eclipsed, it really weighed on my mind, until I realized that my Mighty is nearly 4yrs old and the other one is about 3yrs old, and both have been heavily used! :rockon:
So right there I had identified a very noticeable discrepancy. Anyway, cutting a long story short,
I have purchased a new 'The Mighty' because I wanted to do a fair comparison, and (also an excuse to upgrade my Mighty! And in light of the new upgraded Mighty (20% more Battery life), I have to say that the maximum Warp Speed for The Mighty is 9.4/9.5 :nod: and the maximum Warp Speed for the Ghost MV1 is 9.6/9.7!:clap:

So there isn't really that much difference, I mean for the connoisseur, yes, you can tell the difference, but it isn't going be that noticeable, and for the vast majority it will be imperceptible! And The Mighty does make up for that ever so slight difference, in the consistent clouds department, so I am finding it a little like swings and roundabouts, The Ghost MV1 = superb flavor for 1-2 hits, and then maybe two medium clouds, and finally 2 big clouds per bowl, I mean you could get more, but I can't! and that's from 0.1g so it is very frugal, and given the potency you get from those half dozen hits, yeah, it's certainly got my attention! :rockon:
Whereas with The Mighty, you can place up to 0.3g in the bowl, and with that, you'll get the full flavour on the first two tokes, then consistent tasty clouds for the next half dozen hits and then decent vapor for the remainder, all in all maybe 10 - 12 hits (even more) per loaded bowl!:bowdown:

And you will certainly be feeling it!:nod:

Not saying :|, Just saying:cool:, Without saying:2c:

Pure Peace :leaf:

Trypsy Summers

No you don't, the plastic fins break off completely instead (if you are lucky the CU retaining tabs aren't broken off too). The plastic fantastic did not survive Aussie corrugations as the LCD died the last trip.:2c:
I am looking forward to not using my Mighty just because of convenience, the MV1 capsule dispenser will hopefully be the last nail in my Mighty coffin.:myday:

My Friend,

I just want to ask one question, how old is your Mighty? I ask this as I am guessing it's probably more than a year old! I stand corrected if I am wrong!:shrug:

However, at the time of making my observation, i.e. "ya don't get this with The Mighty!", it should be worth noting that The Ghost MV1 was less than a fortnight old, but yet it was as chippy AF! WTF?? :uhoh:
My friend, living in a land where austerity runs (and also ruins) things, and where the money is hard to come by, when you spend good money on items such as The Stealth Edition, you don't expect chippy/peeling in the first two weeks, well at least not where I'm from!:suspicious:

The Ghost MV1 that I have, kinda looks like it's got some kinda blotchy rash! You wouldn't know though, as I said previously, I'm having to use a black car marker pen to conceal!:uhh:

That's not really on - to me, not after less than a fortnight, and no serious drops to note!:hmm:

Pure Peace:leaf:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I've tried two friends' MV1s so far and can't say I'm that impressed. I buy my vaporizers based on reliability and performance...not computer apps and form factor. Yup, the MV1 is a nice looking unit, but so finicky and with MANY quality control problems. To me, it isn't worth much more than $125.00! But I do appreciate innovators who try to improve the vaping scene. The MV1 is just bells and whistles for me so far, but I look forward to seeing vast improvements if the company lasts. I'll stick with my Solo II, e-nano and Mighty for now.

Please, no 'hate' responses, OK. I'm just giving my opinion...that is all. And for those who love their MV1s, enjoy...life is too short to argue about vaporizers. :)

cosimo

I have my new MV 1 Satin Silver in my hands! I have the battery on the fast charger getting ready for first use. A relative brought it to me in her hand bag from the USA and they almost took it away from her... apparently it looked suspicious in scanners and they needed to confirm it wasn't a weapon!

While the battery charges, I 'd like to share a few initial comments:

1. I received all the freebies, thanks Ghost!

2. The unit is not as big as I expected it to be, but definitely feels very solid... me likey.

3. I have taken a few draws while the battery charges (separately on the fast charger) and I detect a flavor/smell I'm not liking so much... actually, I can smell it easily when i get my nose close to the green silicone or to the black rubber gasket... i guess it's the brand new smell of the rubber and silicone... not sure if i can use right away or if I should do some initial burnoff's for this. No instructions in the box or Ghost's website to indicate i should, but other sites say I should... I don't like that smell, so I will do the burnoff hoping to remedy this.

4. The mouthpiece has a lot of play... it wiggles a lot. Will have to experiment with it, since there is quite a big difference in draw resistance depending on the position. I'm expecting draw resistance to be better than in my Arizer V-Tower.

5. The door is quite hard to close just at the final moment when the green silicone has almost completely covered the crucible holder... and the latch is also quite hard to press/slide when the door is closed. I was expecting them to be a little softer but i did read a post around page 70-80 that mentioned this could happen.

6. The crucible dispenser is a neat idea, but as someone mentioned before, the crucibles do get a bit stained/scratched by the black arm (the door of each crucible) that hold each crucible..

I'll update once I get to use the unit.

20191207-110828.jpg
20191207-111256.jpg

Last edited:

Dopeydiver

I've tried two friends' MV1s so far and can't say I'm that impressed. I buy my vaporizers based on reliability and performance...not computer apps and form factor. Yup, the MV1 is a nice looking unit, but so finicky and with MANY quality control problems. To me, it isn't worth much more than $125.00! But I do appreciate innovators who try to improve the vaping scene. The MV1 is just bells and whistles for me so far, but I look forward to seeing vast improvements if the company lasts. I'll stick with my Solo II, e-nano and Mighty for now.

Please, no 'hate' responses, OK. I'm just giving my opinion...that is all. And for those who love their MV1s, enjoy...life is too short to argue about vaporizers. :)

You might give it a little time. There can be a learning curve as mentioned by many on the website. Personally, while I have the app and used it initially, I got used to controlling the temps U-Box te unit pretty quick and it is very simple once you get used to it. IMO, most of us buy vapes for taste and effects versus convenience. On that front, the MV1 is top notch with deep flavor and it medicates better than any vape I have tried. When you add in the efficiency of .1g crucibles providing such a huge effect, and then the spectacular customer service, this vape cannot be beat in my opinion. Everyone has there preferences, so no hating involved. I would just hate for you to miss out on what many of us are enjoying about this vape simply based on a couple of tries. I have had mine for a month now and it has not had any quality control problems and has not been finicky. In fact, I bought it, a crucible holder, and an extra battery all at full price, and do not regret it a bit. So much so, that I even bought a backup during the Black Friday sale (like many others here).

Give it a chance my friend. Again, no hating, just don’t want you to miss out. . . .

@cosimo,

One of the posts a while back, or perhaps it was a video posted on the Ghost website, had a diagram showing the airflow schematic. This explains why the mouthpiece adjusts the airflow resistance, resulting in the mouthpiece being a little loose as it is pulled out farther. When you remove the heat sink, the “palm test” should confirm that there is still no leakage. Some have placed a small piece of silicone tubing on the mouthpiece the make it less squirrelly and set it for their preferred length. Everyone seems to have their own “sweet spot” that they find works best for them. Experiment around to find yours.

Finally, some of tend to push the chamber door in while sliding the button over when we openi or close it to make it easier and reduce the stress on the latch. I have had no latch problems so far doing this.

Not sure to what you are referring as black arms on the crucible dispenser. Mine has green silicon arms. . .

cosimo

You might give it a little time. There can be a learning curve as mentioned by many on the website. Personally, while I have the app and used it initially, I got used to controlling the temps U-Box te unit pretty quick and it is very simple once you get used to it. IMO, most of us buy vapes for taste and effects versus convenience. On that front, the MV1 is top notch with deep flavor and it medicates better than any vape I have tried. When you add in the efficiency of .1g crucibles providing such a huge effect, and then the spectacular customer service, this vape cannot be beat in my opinion. Everyone has there preferences, so no hating involved. I would just hate for you to miss out on what many of us are enjoying about this vape simply based on a couple of tries. I have had mine for a month now and it has not had any quality control problems and has not been finicky. In fact, I bought it, a crucible holder, and an extra battery all at full price, and do not regret it a bit. So much so, that I even bought a backup during the Black Friday sale (like many others here).

Give it a chance my friend. Again, no hating, just don’t want you to miss out. . . .

@cosimo,

One of the posts a while back, or perhaps it was a video posted on the Ghost website, had a diagram showing the airflow schematic. This explains why the mouthpiece adjusts the airflow resistance, resulting in the mouthpiece being a little loose as it is pulled out farther. When you remove the heat sink, the “palm test” should confirm that there is still no leakage. Some have placed a small piece of silicone tubing on the mouthpiece the make it less squirrelly and set it for their preferred length. Everyone seems to have their own “sweet spot” that they find works best for them. Experiment around to find yours.

Finally, some of tend to push the chamber door in while sliding the button over when we openi or close it to make it easier and reduce the stress on the latch. I have had no latch problems so far doing this.

Not sure to what you are referring as black arms on the crucible dispenser. Mine has green silicon arms. . .

Thanks!

I did the palm test and it's so airtight despite thee woobliness that it starts sucking the stem into the heatsink the more I draw... nice!!!

The dispenser has a door and a green arm holding each crucible, the black arm i refer to is the part of the door that holds the crucible. I'll share some pics once my phone charges.

cosimo

One piece of advice.....slow deep draws from your stomach for best results...inhaling longer is better....I use mine daily for medical and nothing medicates like the MV1 IMO.....

Will do! I'm already used to long draws with mi V-Tower.

Hey @bigdaddycurtis ..

As for the "burnoff":
Once your Ghost MV1 is charged, we recommend running a burn-off cycle before use to make sure there’s no residue left over from manufacturing or shipping. With nothing in the oven, turn the MV1 to concentrate mode, or three red dots. Hold the heating button on the back of the device and hold it until it shuts off, but don’t draw on the MV1. Repeat this process two or three times, until you don’t smell anything. Set the temperature back to the third power level, and wait for it to cool down while you grind your herbs.

question about the burnoff... "Hold the heating button on the back of the device and hold it until it shuts off"

Until what shuts off? the vaporizer? the heating element? I put in in concentrate temp, then I've been pressing the heating button while the led flashes green, then when it vibrates and turns yellow I release the button and wait until the led turns green to hold the button again. Have done this like 7 times already... is it ok like this? Unit feel squite hot in my hand, specially close to the LED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Djsleepy

question about the burnoff... "Hold the heating button on the back of the device and hold it until it shuts off"

Until what shuts off? the vaporizer? the heating element? I put in in concentrate temp, then I've been pressing the heating button while the led flashes green, then when it vibrates and turns yellow I release the button and wait until the led turns green to hold the button again. Have done this like 7 times already... is it ok like this? Unit feel squite hot in my hand, specially close to the LED.

I think that's good.....don't overheat it!

cosimo

i removed the battery, let it cool down, put the battery back in and wanted to do more burnoff but Once I choose the concentrate temp, it the unit stops responding, cant turn it on back a again or change temps... did i over heat it?

If i remove the battery and put it back in, it respond again but I can't get passed the temp selection.

Djsleepy

i removed the battery, let it cool down, put the battery back in and wanted to do more burnoff but Once I choose the concentrate temp, it the unit stops responding, cant turn it on back a again or change temps... did i over heat it?

If i remove the battery and put it back in, it respond again but I can't get passed the temp selection.

Slow down let it cool for a few....it should be fine...

Summer

Long Island, NY
As for the "burnoff":
Once your Ghost MV1 is charged, we recommend running a burn-off cycle before use to make sure there’s no residue left over from manufacturing or shipping. With nothing in the oven, turn the MV1 to concentrate mode, or three red dots. Hold the heating button on the back of the device and hold it until it shuts off, but don’t draw on the MV1. Repeat this process two or three times, until you don’t smell anything. Set the temperature back to the third power level, and wait for it to cool down while you grind your herbs.

The upper green silicone can be removed and easily put back in, but I would recommend not taking it out if you do not have to.

The upper green silicone can be removed to rinse in soap & water if you feel you need to.

I did the 3 burnoffs & let the vape completely cool down & repeated.

GV says it's fine to use the fast charger to charge the 1st time, many do, but others think it's healthier to do an initial slow charge to condition. The later is what I do because some respected members who understand batteries suggest it. :shrug: Can't hurt to take it slow for the 1st charge.

The light turns yellow & vibrates at the end of the concentrate mode. You don't have to wait until the light turns green again to start a new cycle. Yes, the unit can get hot in the front, especially in concentrate mode. If the unit should overheat it will flash red. Let it cool down completely before you continue your burnoffs.

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La

Give it a chance my friend. Again, no hating, just don’t want you to miss out. . . ..

A very nice response and I will take your advice. Happy this unit is meeting your needs. Also happy that we have so many choices today!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
when you spend good money on items such as The Stealth Edition, you don't expect chippy/peeling
That is one reason I went with the Nickel and the latch on the stealth seems more problematic too, one reason to read the whole thread.:tup:

I just want to ask one question, how old is your Mighty?
My second (warranty replacement is only a few months old, my original lasted 6 months and I will add I personally have had no plastic break, bar 1 fin, just electronics):2c:

I would not get a Ghost as an only vape as stories say it can be finicky but I do not have to rely on any one product. I have plain jane run of the mill flavor vapes that are childproof (no technique) but I am looking for something more (that does not look like a Flinstones prop), I think the Ghost fit my needs just right...at $125 I am finally able to see.:tup:

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
A nice way to say "not a chance in hell MV1" :spidey::lol:
Ha! Too funny. I will try a few more bowls from the MV1 when I see my buddies again. But you are right, it's just not the vape for me. I'm a bit older than many here and doubt my demographic was the target audience anyway. Not to say there aren't older folks out there who don't own and enjoy this vape; no doubt there are.

Anyhow, thanks for the laugh, my friend. Always enjoy a good sense of humor.

cosimo

Woa! Love my unit so far. I'm rrally impressed. I do wish it were more discrete, but loving everything else, even the finicky stuff. I feel I already have the hang of it.

After about 15 burnoffs, I used it by my self from 1 pm till 7 pm... charged it , then continued using it with a friend from 930pm to 3 am. Didn't wait for the red batery light to show up... just until the slow blinking single green. Would it be better to let the battery reach the red light?
Definitely plan to get extra batteries for when using it with several friends, but a single battery and fast charger seem to be enough for my self.

One crucible was enough for powerful effects, but i kept going through crucibles just for the really tasty flavors and experimenting with the dif temps and herbs i have. Very smooth vapor by the way.

I like using the pick, wish it could be placed/stored in the unit it self as with the Mighty.

Top Bottom