Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

Sorry for any confusion I meant to say I'm not aware of any time frames, but I suggested to register upon receipt....that's what I have been doing.....glad we have an answer now

Tombudster

Wow. I use a single crucible over the course of 30 minutes and am baked. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, I used a single crucible over two evenings and found a nice Effect both nights. I do not pack the crucible, but merely fill it and tap the side to let it fall naturally. That seems to result in plenty of clouds and effects.

Hope that helps.

Also, I have left my backup in the box as well. Guess I still need to register it for the five year warranty though.

Finally, I did hear from Virgil today, and saw his post. Sounds like things are fine at Ghost.

I find that this actually extracts the crucibles extremely fast, which I love! I am using this to move away from oil pens when out and about, so I'm used to the high THC content of pens. Once I use this for a while I'm sure I'll only need one crucible :)

Tombudster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

kiddvudu2

I find that this actually extracts the crucibles extremely fast, which I love! I am using this to move away from oil pens when out and about, so I'm used to the high THC content of pens. Once I use this for a while I'm sure I'll only need one crucible :)

When my MV1 edged it's way into my primary device position I was a 2-crucible per-session guy. I'm now quite happy with 1 unless I'm on a moon mission.

Peese!

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Tombudster

I forgot to mention, I ordered earlier in the week before the fast charger deal. I e-mailed them on Saturday night, and got an answer back within 2 hours! They added the fast charger onto my order so I didn't have to re-order and wait for another to ship.

To me, this is what I wanted from the FF2, but it's just so, so much better.

Raf

Well, once I figured out it's actually applying heat while it's displaying green, instead of standing around holding down the button while it's Amber, im way more efficient at warming the thing up, and its smelling better. :lol: I guess I should have looked inside sooner to see when it was turning orange but didn't think of that until yesterday. Funny that it got so much cheaper and with a fast cbarger afrer i took the first deal, because with the fast charger I think I would be done burning off smell by now. It is definitely smelling more like I guess neutral hot metal smell that I would hope for, and I can almost barely smell the Silicon now. It's kind of hilarious how long it takes to charge but I have a good feeling about it now as far as how it will taste after a few more heat up cycles and then I guess another overnight charge:lol:

Still can't believe you guys use this thing right out of the box and don't mind the Siliconyness! But I'm excited by how much you all seem to like the function, now that I've actually burnt It off. Mostly.

That would be funny if it tastes great but my battery stops working and needing replacement because I've done too many burn off cycle:D

Tombudster

@Raf I actually had no silicone smell in mine, and I am very sensitive to it. Unlike the Ardent Nova that reeked to all hell and back, this has no silicone smell or taste to me.

davap84

Last edited:

Raf

@Tombudster Ghost kills it when it comes to customer service. @virgil_GHOST is a customer service guru!

@Raf For me it wasn't the burnoffs that made the hint of Silicone taste go away, I just had to put a few crucibles through it and it was gone. Some of us are more sensitive then others though.

I was determined not to use my lungs to draw off the Si, even though I suspected what you said would be true. I thought about using masking tape to connect it to a shop vac and pull air through it but I was too busy playing with my grasshopper inbetween heat cycles on this thing

Part of what makes fixing it by running crucibles work faster is probably coating the Si with residue that locks in/out the taste

Last edited:
Raf,

davap84

Their website said that they would ship the next available business day when I ordered. Other websites and shops have handled Black Friday just fine with no delay. It’s been 3 days since they’ve resumed business, and my order is stuck on label created. I am just upset because I could be vaping right now, but I still have to wait for the “free two day shipping” to ship 6 days after my order. It is a major letdown @virgil_GHOST

Take a vape and relax, pal.

Take a vape and relax, pal.
I would, if I had a vape! I am extremely picky and frugal, this is likely going to be my only vape purchase, ever. Plus the closest head shop to me is 2+ hours away, my pipe broke so I’m now fashioning carrots into pipes to smoke out of. If I knew that they would take up to 2 weeks just to ship I would have went a different route. They should have known the response they would get and planned accordingly.

stinkytofus

I would, if I had a vape! I am extremely picky and frugal, this is likely going to be my only vape purchase, ever. Plus the closest head shop to me is 2+ hours away, my pipe broke so I’m now fashioning carrots into pipes to smoke out of. If I knew that they would take up to 2 weeks just to ship I would have went a different route. They should have known the response they would get and planned accordingly.
Roll a few blunts until then, and buy more vapes lol

stinkytofus,

CarbonFiberGuy

:rockon::rockon:

Ghost get this man his mv-1 first, he is smoking out of carrots for gods sake. I don’t think anyone here is moving from carrots to the mv-1 . Should be a nice upgrade

Raf

Well shit. i like it now. I should have ordered a second one while the deal included the fast charger. I just bought another one for the battery anyway lol :doh:

I still dont get why pick green when could have used uncolored silicon, or actual quality Pt silicon instead of this "us food safe" stuff they would not allow you to use to bake a cake in the UK

The vape works great tho.

@virgil_GHOST if you give an option to pay an extra $100 for Platinum cured UK food-safe Silicone on your new vape I would check that box.

Saint-Gobain would manufacture here in USA to your specs tho! I recently ordered a big spool of thier Platinum cured Silicone tubing and when I open the box it just had this glorious smell of nothing, completely inert, no residue, no nothing but the undetectable presence of americas finest silicon lol. Safe to 450F. Makes americas finest homemade o-rings :brow:

The Royals are popular these days. you could end your new promo vid with the old school Hebrew National Style voice over saying "we answer to a higher authority", and then fade over to a nice big full screen profile pic of the Queen of England. "Now featuring UK food safe plastic". Send me a discount code if you use this idea

Last edited:

Jqcj5

I've been trying to register my new Satin Silver but the drop down for the Order Number won't allow me to add the order number.

Is anyone else having this issue?
The drop downs for the Where Purchased and Serial Number work but not the Order Number.

I thought it was an apple issue because I couldn't do it on my ipad or phone, but got tot the office and it won't work on a PC either.

Is this fishy? Seems a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jqcj5,

Marcus

I've been trying to register my new Satin Silver but the drop down for the Order Number won't allow me to add the order number.

Is anyone else having this issue?
The drop downs for the Where Purchased and Serial Number work but not the Order Number.

I thought it was an apple issue because I couldn't do it on my ipad or phone, but got tot the office and it won't work on a PC either.

Is this fishy? Seems a little.

Hi,

I had the same issue... It looks like if you ordered from the Ghost site but didn;t sign up for an account you can't use the Ghost site option. I used the dropdown for 'other', then put in 'Ghost website' in the box and uploaded a copy of my purchase invoice email. Got an email back saying thanks for registering so that seemed to work.

I only found this as I ordered another MV1 for the wife and signed up for an account and when I went to register my MV1, the new one was showing in the dropdown on the order number box already (even though it's just been dispatched).

But yeah, I was scratching my head for a couple of days wondering why I couldn't register it. :doh:

Jqcj5

Hi,

I had the same issue... It looks like if you ordered from the Ghost site but didn;t sign up for an account you can't use the Ghost site option. I used the dropdown for 'other', then put in 'Ghost website' in the box and uploaded a copy of my purchase invoice email. Got an email back saying thanks for registering so that seemed to work.

I only found this as I ordered another MV1 for the wife and signed up for an account and when I went to register my MV1, the new one was showing in the dropdown on the order number box already (even though it's just been dispatched).

But yeah, I was scratching my head for a couple of days wondering why I couldn't register it. :doh:

Thank you, I chose gift and it went through. I've printed my receipt and have the packaging slip too.

floribud

Received my $125 MV1 yesterday. Ordered it last Tuesday, so it took 8 total days. Last year at Black Friday had to wait a while for my Tera and Dynavap.

Came home at 4pm and plugged it in to a Samsung QC 3.0 usb port. Hoping it might make a difference, but Ghosts specs said it charges are .5A so I knew it wouldn't help. Couldn't go to sleep without trying it. Finally at 1:52am the red light went off. WooHoo! Had to get up at 6:30 for work, so I did a 50/50 Electra hemp flower from Apical Greens and Müv's Forum Cut Cookies (which always gives me couch lock).

Heard all the storied about the Ghost being finicky, all my flower is stored with 62% packs. So I ground up my flower cocktail with my Santa Cruz Shredder (my "fluffiest" grinder) and then let it air out no more than 5 minutes.

For background I mostly use a Splinter w/ XL8R and a FF2+. But sometimes I used my MFLB for fun and my Tera when I know I'll be powering through a bowl in a short time.

Had my first draw (about 10 seconds)... the resistance is so low, and the vapor was so cool, I wasn't sure anything was happening. However, I tasted something and then on the exhale a huge amount of flavor. Got 5 decent draws out of it, pretty sure it was spent after 5, but went for a sixth (for science) and got a whole lot of the burnt popcorn/slight charring taste.

Went to check the abv and it was a dark brown with just a few kernels starting to char a bit, definitely achieved maximum extraction. Tried again in the morning, actually this time just used to cbd Lifter trim(just sugar leaves coated in trichomes), I was just going for some morning flavor. Again 4 good draws, I could tell the 5th was the end, but I pushed through for one more, and I wish I hadn't. I used my brilliant cut fine plate for this one, abv was very even, to dark. Looks like I've established that, for me, 5 draws is full extraction.

By far this was the most satisfying and rapid experience of all my vapes (natively with not water or glass). My FF2+ leaves me exhausted from all the deep breathing inhales, and stirring is a pain. It might tasted a little better, but I'll have to stir at least twice to get the abv consistent with no hot spots, and all that breath control is exhausting. The Tera can rip through .1g in 5 draws, but it will take high temps, and my throat can't take it without using a hydrotube or a bong. The Splinter can extract as fast as the Ghost and with less pain than the Tera, if you use the XL8R cooling stem and the dual basket method, but the vapor is still hotter and I think the heat makes it a little harder to detected all the flavors that come out in the Ghost.

Basically after my first 2 crucibles the Ghost is everything I hoped for. If that micro-usb slot on the battery pack was USB-C and supported USB-C power delivery, it would be perfect.

Bazinga

Let me ask it another way. Anyone here try the Splinter Z v2? Why is the Ghost (or is the Ghost) better?

Bazinga,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
For those of you who have the GLASS stem - do you like it more than the current stem? I feel like I really NEED to get the glass one - the plastic bugs me a little even though there is ZERO taste from it and won’t break as easily. But still... would love to hear what others think. (I see it isn’t available on Ghost site, but is other places)
TIA - @Summer would really like to hear your take on this (and anyone else, of course!)

Oh - and I have had for a couple of days and so far, really happy with it! I will share more when I’ve used it for a bit.
Luckily I have an Android phone and can use the app - I don’t think I would be as happy if I couldn’t use an app.

Top Bottom