Discontinued Ghost MV1

Dark_Flash

Brand New Member here. After watching this thread for a while, and having you all convince me to get an MV-1 I pulled the plug and got the great deal for $125.
I've had the vape for a few days and I have a question. When I was trying out the vape without any herb in it, to get used to how the buttons work, I noticed something strange (maybe?).

Ok so I turn it on, leave it on the default 2 yellow lights, and press the vape button on the back. It heats up, and then gives you the "long buzz". I then inhaled (still empty but was curious about draw resistance), and as I keep the vape button pressed in for @ maybe 10-15 seconds the vape buzzes again. Does anyone know why, or if this is normal? I can't find any answers anywhere.

Any & all help & information would be greatly appreciated!

Hoping to get an answer as after I finish work tomorrow I hope very much to take my new toy for it's first official flight LOL

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Brand New Member here. After watching this thread for a while, and having you all convince me to get an MV-1 I pulled the plug and got the great deal for $125.
I've had the vape for a few days and I have a question. When I was trying out the vape without any herb in it, to get used to how the buttons work, I noticed something strange (maybe?).

Ok so I turn it on, leave it on the default 2 yellow lights, and press the vape button on the back. It heats up, and then gives you the "long buzz". I then inhaled (still empty but was curious about draw resistance), and as I keep the vape button pressed in for @ maybe 10-15 seconds the vape buzzes again. Does anyone know why, or if this is normal? I can't find any answers anywhere.

Hoping to get an answer as after I finish work tomorrow I hope very much to take my new toy for it's first official flight LOL
I believe that was a timeout...

Baron23

Yep, it’s a 15 second timer and if you are still going strong w herb in there by that point, then you have the lungs of a sperm whale!! Haha

Dark_Flash

I’m pretty sure we said that.

Might be worthwhile to read the manual and look at their tips vids on their site.

Cheers

I did both of those things and first off the manual is pretty light on details, and the website had nothing on this time out buzz feature as far as I could find

Dark_Flash,
Is a burn off really that important? I don’t want to risk damaging the device, and don’t truly care about long term damage to myself as I probably destroyed my body with drugs growing up. Cheers.

smokingandfeelingmyself,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Is a burn off really that important? I don’t want to risk damaging the device, and don’t truly care about long term damage to myself as I probably destroyed my body with drugs growing up. Cheers.
I have had 4 none seemed to need a burn off. I dont see it in any recommendations by ghost I believe. I would be worried about running the device that hot even though it does signal overheating. If you have some stuff which has a known taste you might see if u can taste something on first draw.

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,
I have had 4 none seemed to need a burn off. I dont see it in any recommendations by ghost I believe. I would be worried about running the device that hot even though it does signal overheating. If you have some stuff which has a known taste you might see if u can taste something on first draw.
There is kind of an electronic taste, I’m just gonna send it when it’s all charged up.

smokingandfeelingmyself,

dbison

Hi another new user here, would anybody be able to tell me if this normal for this vape. When the door is closed I can see the green silicone inside, It is seeable on the top side of it and on the right of the door, but not the bottom.
Thanks

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Might be worthwhile to read the manual and look at their tips vids on their site.
I liked the videos on the Ghost website, is it just me or does Josh look like Elliot out of Mr. Robot? I am sure I heard in one of the vids about the second Buzz timeout.:tup:

LesPlenty,

cosimo

That final buzz is normal, no worries. It's to let you know you should release the button and that the main inhaling time is over.

This is what Ghost's website says:

HERB MODE

This information is best used in conjunction with our introductory article >>> + MV1: Best Practice Vaping Dry Herb <<

* The sequence includes 3 haptic buzzes from start to finish.

• The 1st haptic is subtle and occurs immediately upon pressing the vape button. It's an indicator that the device is registering your press of the vape button. Keep the button depressed as the coils are now doing their job of reaching your selected temperature
  • The 2nd haptic (a more obvious buzz) occurs: this is your signal to take your draw
  • The 3rd haptic occurs at the end of the draw sequence. Stop pressing the vape button at this point, but you can continue to draw hot air from the chamber by continuing to inhale

* The initial heating cycle will take about 8 seconds between the first haptic buzz and the 2nd haptic vibration. Subsequent heat up times are shorter because the coils are already hot.

CONCENTRATE MODE

This information is best used in conjunction with our introductory article >>> +MV1: Best Practice Vaping Concentrates

* The sequence includes 2haptic buzzes from start to finish.

• The 1st haptic occurs immediately upon pressing the vape button. Start your draw immediately upon pressing this button and hold the button down while you're inhaling.
  • The 2nd haptic occurs at the end of the draw sequence. Stop pressing the vape button at this point, but you can continue to draw hot air from the chamber by continuing to inhale
* The first draw is ~12 seconds between haptics and ~25 seconds for every draw thereaft

Last edited:

Dopeydiver

So, when you first press down the button, there is very short buzz or vibration, starting the warm up cycle. Depending on the temp selected, there will be a delay of varying length until it reaches the correct temp. At that point, it will vibrate again to indicate that it has reached the correct temp and is ready for you to begin drawing vapor. Ideally, you slowly draw or inhale until there is another vibration (about 15 seconds). When that vibration occurs, the heating element shuts down, but there is a little more vapor remaining to be drawn, so I continue drawing for a few extra seconds. Experiment with the strength of your draw to find the sweet spot that works best for you. You can also experiment with how far the mouthpiece is pulled out as affecting the level of resistance. The farther out, the less resistance. Hope that helps.

I have two and did not need a burn off on either. There was no odor when I received them.

Just wanted to add that Virgil and CS were great in navigating the Black Friday purchase and extras. Despite significant response to the sale, I received my extra crucible holder on Monday as expected. I now have two MV1 vapes, three batteries, two crucible holders, a fast charger, and a case that works great. Of course, now is the time that the MV2 will come out. . . . Still happy though!

So, when you first press down the button, there is very short buzz or vibration, starting the warm up cycle. Depending on the temp selected, there will be a delay of varying length until it reaches the correct temp. At that point, it will vibrate again to indicate that it has reached the correct temp and is ready for you to begin drawing vapor. Ideally, you slowly draw or inhale until there is another vibration (about 15 seconds). When that vibration occurs, the heating element shuts down, but there is a little more vapor remaining to be drawn, so I continue drawing for a few extra seconds. Experiment with the strength of your draw to find the sweet spot that works best for you. You can also experiment with how far the mouthpiece is pulled out as affecting the level of resistance. The farther out, the less resistance. Hope that helps.

I have two and did not need a burn off on either. There was no odor when I received them.

Just wanted to add that Virgil and CS were great in navigating the Black Friday purchase and extras. Despite significant response to the sale, I received my extra crucible holder on Monday as expected. I now have two MV1 vapes, three batteries, two crucible holders, a fast charger, and a case that works great. Of course, now is the time that the MV2 will come out. . . . Still happy though!
I did a small burn off but noticed no smell so went with a crucible. I started with a coarse grind and it was a little uneven but holy shit the flavor on the first hit was crazy good. Two crucibles in and I am extremely high, and I’ve been smoking weed for decades.

that's looks pretty cool!
Thanks ! It works e_vun bed_duur ... I ... Shouldn't have 2 worry about the Black Abs type plastic breaking ... The chrome uses a polycarbonate type plastic .. that is then ... Probably sonic welded Chromed !!! The black or chrome heat sink/mouth piece both look beautiful any way you mix it !!! There's 2 ways 2 do this ... Depending on if you want just the look &/or performance ... That the Matte Black seems 2 give ! Someone can simply take the front shell once unscrewed off & put it on another Ghost or to get the best performing device & look is 2 use everythang on the Matte Black ... Except for switching out its latch assembly !

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I have a solution 4 the Matte Black Stealth ... Door latch assembly ! The Matte Black door latch assembly can be replaced with the Chrome door latch assembly & it's BEAUTIFUL !! https://photos.app.goo.gl/WcotwUMa6TEREqYJ8

Unfortunately I have had two silver.with bad.latches they don't go out as quick ,but its the teeth in the.latch that are.the problem as they wear down and break over time with opening and closing( stealth breaks a lot easier)...imo this will happen to all units over time depending on usage.until mv2 redesign......but looks great!

Even with the known latch issues Ghost CS has never.once denied anyone a replacement that I'm aware.of for this issue and it's still there hardest.hitting vape imo...

david8613

Dave - may I ask as why you retired the Splinter Z?

The splinter and splinter z was an awesome vape, it really had desktop power in a hand held, I liked it alot. The 3 things that bothered me when I would use it was, taking it apart from mod and putting it back together everytime. I wanna just load and go. The set up was very heavy and long in hand, I had 2 mods and many glass mouth pieces and I could not get comfortable with it. Lastly it's just me the glass, I was always being extra careful because all of the glass, I recommended this vape to my friends and they all dropped them and all broke. So I became paranoid. It was hard to retire but I just wasn't using it as much as my other vapes so I decided to let her go. It an awesome vape with incredible flavor and vapor, not hard to use, but I would not recommend to take outside. To me the splinters are in house use portable. If I'm in house I'm gonna use my volcano hybrid for sure.

Unfortunately I have had two silver.with bad.latches they don't go out as quick ,but its the teeth in the.latch that are.the problem as they wear down and break over time with opening and closing( stealth breaks a lot easier)...imo this will happen to all units over time depending on usage.until mv2 redesign......but looks great!

Even with the known latch issues Ghost CS has never.once denied anyone a replacement that I'm aware.of for this issue and it's still there hardest.hitting vape imo...
Definitely hard hitting! So far, fortunately .. I haven't had the teeth problem but (I'mma believuur) ... I do know for a fact that the Black latch material is different & made with easily breakable material ! For now I'm just happy 2 be able to use the Strong Stealth device for more than a few uses .. without breaking! Mv2 ? If there is such a thing ... Hopefully the people who had/have the Mv1 ... Who at least had multiple problematic devices will be blessed with the MV2 ! Ghost customer service is good ... Well usually great ... Although this last time I received a replacement it took from Nov. 20, 2019 until yesterday Dec. 10, 2019 to receive my replacement ! They apoligized for being busy with sells ! I'm very understanding & luckily I was desperate enough & got smart enough to take matters onto my own hands ... While waiting a few weeks & immediately after receiving the new 1 yesterday.. changed the latch out to help prevent broken burning plastic inhalation & a non working device !!

If you inhale through like a remote or speaker (I am a weirdo) you get a certain flavor
I noticed when I opened the Ghost/s ... Some of the devices ( heater coils) were positioned to the left ... enough to cause a burn in the inner ceramic like material ... With a lil tweaking the coils can be repositioned for a more even less likely to burn vape ! Pushed forward & to the right will prevent or fix this! I have a feeling you may be tasting that instead !!!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

I noticed when I opened the Ghost/s ... Some of the devices ( heater coils) were positioned to the left ... enough to cause a burn in the inner ceramic like material ... With a lil tweaking the coils can be repositioned for a more even less likely to burn vape ! Pushed forward & to the right will prevent or fix this! I have a feeling you may be tasting that instead !!!

I just noticed a dark spot on the white ceramic ring in one of my MV1's the other day. I assumed it was some material that had fallen in there (which seemed very odd to me), but after reading this I went and took a closer look. It does indeed seem that the ceramic is being burned. Do you think this is a bad thing? It performs fine, but do you think it may be dangerous?

Peese!

Top Bottom