Discontinued Ghost MV1

fatbiker

The one aspect I disliked most was that I could only get two maybe theee hits per crucible.

fatbiker,

Some-new-user

The mv1 doesn't go any higher than 428 for herb-not sure how hot it gets in concentrate mode.

I really enjoy flavour stepping but have recently been starting at level 3. Nice flavourful clouds.

Some-new-user,

frank grimes

I’m thinking of trying the temp just before combustion, 446 degrees. I’ve ran the haze square at 460 without combusting but I have to be careful how I draw. Anyone combust at 446 on the ghost?

The mv1 doesn't go any higher than 428 for herb-not sure how hot it gets in concentrate mode.

I really enjoy flavour stepping but have recently been starting at level 3. Nice flavourful clouds.
I thought on the app you can go up to 470? Can’t check because I got rid of the app as soon as I unlocked the default settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
frank grimes,

Some-new-user

I just had to connect to the app to double check myself. Top temp is 428. I love the mv1 but this is the first vape that I've truly experienced the popcorn taste with, I think because the flavour is very pure.

Was 460 max temp for the square?

Some-new-user,

Ohm and Away

Public discussion of staff decisions are not allowed. Warning point issued.
If you're going to let people post demonstrably false information and delete my posts then please just delete my account. I'll be spreading the word elsewhere instead, while informing people that information here is being censored.

Ohm and Away,

Brewervapesalot

Are we still talking about supposed latch issues? I mean I'm all for granting the above request, if it gets the job done, but just talking about something else works too...

Brewervapesalot,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
If you're going to let people post demonstrably false information and delete my posts then please just delete my account. I'll be spreading the word elsewhere instead, while informing people that information here is being censored.
What information has been censored?
What post of yours have been deleted?
What demonstrably false information has gone unchallenged?

You seem very unhappy and dissatisfied with your MV1 experience, I can understand that. However, you fill your comments with stabby remarks to other users who try to commiserate and offer suggestions. Your position is fixed and inflexible, due to your circumstances, no doubt; you are harsh and critical toward FC itself because...endless harangues against manufacturers who have, in business terms, bent over backwards to accommodate you, without requiring you to return either defective unit due to your understandable refusal), or delaying a full refund.

I suppose they could have offered to fly someone to you with a replacement unit, and teach you how not to break it, but that would require that you stop seeing yourself as an innocent bystander in this and stop seeing others as obstacles to your satisfaction. You have received considerable sympathy. You have received significant concessions from Ghost, and patience from the forum. I say that as someone who has been directly involved in customer relations for the bulk of my working life.

Since the bulk of your unhappiness seems to center around the dangers of living in Cambodia, perhaps you could consider a less bothersome place to move to. No matter, I’m sincerely sorry this has been such a negative experience for you. I hope that you can come to terms with it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
What post of yours have been deleted?
I deleted a rule-breaking post of his as it hadn't been quoted or replied to yet. He then proceeded to make another rule-breaking post which you have quoted. That got him his second warning point of the night and a three-day ban. For those following along, we have a rule:

Forum Rules said:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

So yeah, I guess you can blame me?

:peace:

frank grimes

I just had to connect to the app to double check myself. Top temp is 428. I love the mv1 but this is the first vape that I've truly experienced the popcorn taste with, I think because the flavour is very pure.

Was 460 max temp for the square?

My bad, thanks for checking..

480 is the max temp for the square...i just found 460 was the highest i could go without combusting. A full bowl in the haze at 460 gives 2-3 solid massive hits:tup:

Alexis

Im sorry but this does rile me up slightly. I don't mean to be impolite or rude but I think you have a real attitude here.
I think the way that you have been treated by Ghostvapes is actually more than extremely fair considering the unusual and difficult circumstances.
I understand your disappointment at your bad luck with 2 faulty latches. It was really unlucky, and ideally would be avoided if Ghost had been able to identify, diagnose and correct the problem sooner.

I see no reason why Ghost would not have been happy to receive back and be able to make good use of your 2 damaged units which would not take much to repair.
You imply that there was no point returning the units anyway because they are broken but it would be an easy fix and what is the point of two very easily mendable, exceptional portable vaporizers being forever unused in your idle possession?

I mean come on the company can't give away 2 whole units to sell one vaporizer. If you were more willing and more freely able to return the faulty units I have absolutely no doubt ghost would have worked with you to get you a fully functioning device that you are happy with.

Your circumstances are very unusual for this company and I do not blame them at all for taking the approach they did and refunding you rather than go on continuing to send units which you may be jinxed with.

Granted you do not agree with this viewpoint. I just feel your attitude towards the company is unfair, unjustified and petty.

I am usually as positive as I can be on these boards at all times, despite pretty extreme health conditions and severe depression. So it can upset and anger me somewhat when so much unnecessary and purely negative sentiment is repeatedly injected into these positive threads.

I know I should hold my tongue and I am sorry to the moderators, but this spoilt child like pettiness and negativity does really get my goat at times, when the rest of us are making such an effort to make this forum the most successful, friendly and informative and positive place we possibly can.

:nope: :2c:

Okay time to vape today! Busy 4 hours doing allergy/infection treatments. Vapor time at last!:rockon:
I wish it could be with the MV1 (boxed up waiting for sale). Not to be, the Elev8r will have to make do. Big love to everyone today from Bedford. Keep up the good vibes! :)

Last edited:

Baron23

Wow.....living in Cambodia AND having an attitude from hell....surprised he's still on the streets there.

Still love my MV1's, still hate the frakin app. Just my view. I don't mind apps as long as they are completely redundant with controls on the device (with the exception perhaps of firmware upgrades and access to Support docs/function).

For some reason, my app which has been working fine for quite some time now is no longer paired to my devices and will not find them.

Yes...I have the instructions on how to delete the devices, delete the app, reload the whole thing, reconnect to the devices, and then upgrade the firmware (I have upgrade once already and it was not a completely smooth experience).

None of this is a big deal, but ALL of it causes me to question why? Why do I need to spend any of my time fiddling with a fucking app and bluetooth link for a vaporizer device? I paid for these devices and don't feel an obligation to jump through any hoops, no matter how low, to keep them working.

Just my view of apps in general. If other future vapes (from any manf) required an app for full operation, I will not buy one.

I got enough crap to fiddle with in my life as it is! haha

Wow, I'm grouchy this morning! LOL

mephisto

@Alexis you do a fine job of bringing your own spectrum of light to FC. In spite of your personal challenges, you always carry a civil demeanor. I, for one, am challenged to carry myself with less of a chip on my shoulder. Thanks for taking the high road and giving some positive guidance to those of us struggling with our own battles. To stay on topic, my Stealth model operates great, but it needs to go to a good home where it will be used.

Some-new-user

@Baron23 I'm guessing you're using an android device with the app?

I have to reconnect my vapes every time I try to use them with the app.

I have an I pad with the app on but if I then pair to my phone (android) that wipes functionality from the I pad. Every time I go back to my phone they won't connect.

I'm not mega bothered but I like being able to set custom temps at times - I don't always use the same kind of herb in my vapes.

I also like being able to rename the vapes on the iPad for identification. Can't do this with android. I'm hoping they develop it better but I'm really on the edge of buying an apple phone just for flawless use of this beautiful device.

I feel your pain, I feel like that pain can be avoided by better software support. Fingers crossed.

Some-new-user,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm with Baron -- I would love to get rid of this app altogether if it weren't for the darn updates having to be done through it, which, matter of fact, has never worked for me & only resulted in my having to send my unit back when the light sequence got stuck.

Having to make sure the Ghost is in shipping mode when you store it so the battery doesn't deplete.

The temp settings as they are are for me. I either temp step from 1 to 4, or just use level 3 & may or may not finish with a final hit on level 4.

I also like being able to rename the vapes on the iPad for identification. Can't do this with android.

Well, if one have multiple vapes & use the app, this is advantageous.

To stay on topic, my Stealth model operates great, but it needs to go to a good home where it will be used.

Why is it not right for you?

Alexis

Why is it not right for you?
I hope our good friend @abracadaver won't mind me speaking for him when I say has recently been kind of forced into an extended vapor break for employment purposes. And having acquired I believe a fairly large collection of top tier vaporizers over the years, many of which I think had already been sitting idle, the well performing Stealth MV1 needs somebody to love it.

Oh yes. I deleted my Ghost app. Got it on there before I even had my unit. Never used it obviously. No more app for me!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I hope our good friend @abracadaver won't mind me speaking for him when I say has recently been kind of forced into an extended vapor break for employment purposes. And having acquired I believe a fairly large collection of top tier vaporizers over the years, many of which I think had already been sitting idle, the well performing Stealth MV1 needs somebody to love it.

But if @abracadaver really liked it, why wouldn't he just keep it until this vapor break is over with? I can only assume he's not partial to it. I'd like to know his honest feelings about the vape. :nod:

Oh yes. I deleted my Ghost app. Got it on there before I even had my unit. Never used it obviously. No more app for me!

But you are gonna have to reinstall it to update to the new firmware that will coming down the pipeline in the near future.

Summer,

Alexis

But you are gonna have to reinstall it to update to the new firmware that will coming down the pipeline in the near future
Na-ahh! I can't use my MV1 and never will again. It is cleaned and packaged for sale, so no need to keep the app.

And as you ask, just briefly in reference to our friend above, I gathered the impression that this forced break was not entirely expected or prepared for, and that he feels it will help him cope better mentally in the long run if he offloads a lot of these outstanding devices which must be staring him in the face and tantalizing him daily.
I think I can relate to that. :nod:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I can't use my MV1 and never will again.

Sorry Alexis, I forgot.

I gathered the impression that this forced break was not entirely expected or prepared for, and that he feels it will help him cope better mentally in the long run if you off loads a lot of these outstanding devices which must be staring him in the face and tantalizing him daily.

You're surmising ("I gathered the impression"), I would like to know fact. It doesn't make sense if he really liked the vape, why, with the cost of it, would he unload it? And I'd still like to hear what he honestly thinks of the Ghost.

Summer,
Reactions: Alexis

MothChewMoth

Gamer Extraordinaire
@Alexis you do a fine job of bringing your own spectrum of light to FC. In spite of your personal challenges, you always carry a civil demeanor. I, for one, am challenged to carry myself with less of a chip on my shoulder. Thanks for taking the high road and giving some positive guidance to those of us struggling with our own battles. To stay on topic, my Stealth model operates great, but it needs to go to a good home where it will be used.

I'm always interested in picking up one from someone, but I'm a little wary because the warranty doesn't transfer. If that wasn't the case, I'd get a used one in a heartbeat...

MothChewMoth,

buckhakeesah

I'm always interested in picking up one from someone, but I'm a little wary because the warranty doesn't transfer. If that wasn't the case, I'd get a used one in a heartbeat...
This a why I went new with this one. So glad I did. Update on my situation....Im being sent a replacement. I really liked it overall and fits my usage with it throughout the day and at home. The tolerances were tight and door started getting easier to close. I was getting dialed in really well, getting better with evening out my abv. Now i gotta clean her up and hope the new one brings the exact joy.

Summer

Long Island, NY

Even if you have a great functioning unit, you need insurance for future issues. At this point in time, even updating the firmware using android can cause a problem. If it gets stuck in the update cycle & you can't get out of it, you will need to send it back. So, my advice if buy only new.

Summer,

sixstringsmash

So just got one of these things in today, fired it up and charged it and all that good stuff, works very well so far, I do have one question about the app though.

I installed it on my phone and went to set it up, and it makes you require an account for use it seems. They ask for your first name, last name and email. Why on earth do they need my email and more importantly my last name. I don't exactly live in a legal state so theirs just no way I'm giving them my last name because that's ridiculous so my question would be is there any way to use the app without giving out your name and email?

Top Bottom